• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
People who don't like Majora's Mask couldn't make it to day four. :troll:

Really though, MM deserves the title of "best game ever" far more than Ocarina of Time.

Lolzormatic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lolzormatic
3DS FC
3909-7512-5969
I don't consider Temple of the Ocean King a dungeon. It was more like a fetch quest to me.
Ugh... I never got past that the third time. That was the worst part of the game in my opinion, never beat the game though.

Last edited:

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
Worst dungeon? The fire dungeon in the beginning of wind waker. It Feels Like it's patronising you all the bloody time.
"Oh, you didn't know what to do? I guess i'll just tell you your objective again:troll:"

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
People who don't like Majora's Mask couldn't make it to day four. :troll:

Really though, MM deserves the title of "best game ever" far more than Ocarina of Time.
True that, also @ Kenith Kenith when I played it as a kid that temple did have me scared ****less lol.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think I specifically care about the dungeons in MM, even though I love the game

It's getting all the quests done and collecting the masks that I like so much. Plus exploring the strange world

Though I do like the fight with Goat or however it's spelled.

Mostly because I love rolling around as a Goron.

I just sit there rolling for hours outside the city

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Shulk's reaction to the Smash fans whining about "too many generic anime swordsmen" or people labeling him as one. It's rather fitting considering what character this image is inspired by. :troll:

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
They introduced this chick in Guilty Gear Xrd called Elfeldt (how do you pronounce that?). Why does the gameplay description remind me of Noel? I mean same company and all that, but still I wonder how that would translate into Guilty Gear. Apparently FPS fans will enjoy her controls or something.

Also, still no Baiken or Testament.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
It scared me too, but I have a tendency to become scared of things, then obsessed, then in love with them.

Ex: Ghirahim, Resident Evil...
Zant would be on that list if Nintendo hadn't dropped acid at the last second.....

Last edited:

Lolzormatic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lolzormatic
3DS FC
3909-7512-5969
They introduced this chick in Guilty Gear Xrd called Elfeldt (how do you pronounce that?). Why does the gameplay description remind me of Noel? I mean same company and all that, but still I wonder how that would translate into Guilty Gear. Apparently FPS fans will enjoy her controls or something.

Also, still no Baiken or Testament.
Hopefully she won't be like Deathstroke in Injustice.
Did they finally nerf him?

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
I freaking loved the Shadow Temple in OoT.

Smooth Criminal
Agreed, I love levels in games that, while not scary, do have that 'haunted' atmosphere, if you know what I mean.
Also, Shadow Temple had this thing:

I still wonder how the hell OoT managed to be rated E...

Also, I find it funny we're talking about Zelda while I'm currently doing a three-heart run in OoT. :laugh:

Last edited:

Glaze_

Smash Cadet
NNID
ItsGlaze
3DS FC
2595-1893-0903
Hey so guys I have a question regarding Super Smash Flash 2's online. Whenever I make a lobby and my friend joins, it only shows me in the lobby/waiting room? What do?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone else try and make sure everything is right in the world before fighting majora?

On the final day I make sure the couple ends up together and the farm girl defeats the aliens. As well as doing a boss run

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
This is my favorite dungeon breakdown for the Zelda series

A Link to the Past: Turtle Rock Dungeon
Ocarina of Time: Spirit Temple
Majora's Mask: Stone Tower Temple
Wind Waker: Tower of the Gods
Minish Cap: Palace of Winds
Twilight Princess: Temple of Time
Skyward Sword: Ancient Cistern

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
This is my favorite dungeon breakdown for the Zelda series

A Link to the Past: Turtle Rock Dungeon
Ocarina of Time: Spirit Temple
Majora's Mask: Stone Tower Temple
Wind Waker: Tower of the Gods
Minish Cap: Palace of Winds
Twilight Princess: Temple of Time
Skyward Sword: Ancient Cistern
Those are all my favorites too.
Except for TotG. My favorite for Wind Waker is Earth Temple because Spooky Scary and also Medli.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Anyone else try and make sure everything is right in the world before fighting majora?

On the final day I make sure the couple ends up together and the farm girl defeats the aliens. As well as doing a boss run
Well I always try to 100% games, but MM in particular is the only game where the side quests are amazing in their own right.

The Couple's Mask quest is definitely my favorite of the bunch. Always feels so good to finish it.
My favorite for Wind Waker is Earth Temple because Spooky Scary and also Medli.
Oh yeah, I loved having Medli around in that temple. :troll:

ZiggaWaTT

Smash Journeyman
I wanted to burn every tree in existence to the ground because of Makar and the wind temple. >_< Ironic considering my Avatar

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Idk, I've played through Pokemon X/Y and I cannot remember any songs... they were either not as memorable (but not as forgetful as the gym leaders ahaha. Seriously wtf, I can't remember anyone's names...) as other games, or I'm having a brain fart... I'm sure the soundtrack is great though... hmm. Now, if we're taking about music from the spin-off games, that's a different story. I seem to remember quite a few from different games. So random. =P

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So I figured what the hell I was doing wrong in the City of the Sky.
I beat the whole thing pretty much. Got the boss key. Only thing left was getting to him.

The way to him was across a chasm with a bunch of rotating fans that need to be activated by a wind turbine. That is activated by a switch in the other room you hang from with the Clawshot.

I stood and stared at the damn switch trying to reach it with the Clawshot forever. Ran all around the dungeon looking for something I missed at least twice.

But the reason I couldn't pull the lever: I wasn't close enough. I was supposed to hang FROM A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ROOM, and hook to it from there.

**** this dungeon.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Hi I'm back.
I went Rambo Bowser on Brawl. Everyone died.
Then goddam Dedede gets a Gordo in SD when he was right in my face and then I ragequit because that luck is crud.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Idk, I've played through Pokemon X/Y and I cannot remember any songs... they were either not as memorable (but not as forgetful as the gym leaders ahaha. Seriously wtf, I can't remember anyone's names...) as other games, or I'm having a brain fart... I'm sure the soundtrack is great though... hmm. Now, if we're taking about music from the spin-off games, that's a different story. I seem to remember quite a few from different games. So random. =P
I honestly found the game to be "meh". It had some good ideas, but it also had it's issues.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I talked to a very pissed off customer service rep at Barnes and Nobles

I was in the Psychology section looking through books, and after reading a general psychology book I remembered what I was looking for

So I went to the customer service rep and asked them if they had any books on the specific thing I was looking for

After all there was half an isle dedicated to psychology and glancing through everything I didn't see it

The woman first said "It's right there in the Psychology section, you were JUST in"

"I was like, there's half an isle dedicated to Psychology, and I didn't see anything on the subject"

Then when she angerly lead me to the section she mocked me for looking for that books, saying it was very basic Psychology

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
I think X&Y has the weakest soundtrack of the main games, imo. Outside of the battle music, I really didn't care for any of the music. In fact, the only 'non-battle' music I remember really liking was Power Plant/Pokeball Factory theme.

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
I talked to a very pissed off customer service rep at Barnes and Nobles

I was in the Psychology section looking through books, and after reading a general psychology book I remembered what I was looking for

So I went to the customer service rep and asked them if they had any books on the specific thing I was looking for

After all there was half an isle dedicated to psychology and glancing through everything I didn't see it

The woman first said "It's right there in the Psychology section, you were JUST in"

"I was like, there's half an isle dedicated to Psychology, and I didn't see anything on the subject"

Then when she angerly lead me to the section she mocked me for looking for that books, saying it was very basic Psychology
Ouch :x Gotta hate when that happens.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I like some specific tracks from x/y, as they all sound good., but as a whole the soundtrack is forgettable.

I have a similar issue with Skyward Sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom