• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Because The Rayman series is bad. I'm as against him being in as I am that Sonic is in.
Dat bait.

Your bias doesn't affect whether a character deserves to be in or not.

I may as well say that Bomberman and Simon shouldn't get in because their games suck.

The above was an example, I don't think they actually suck.

Bomberman is mediocre though.
:troll:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

You all are hopeless.

Obviously, Hatsune Miku is going to be the next 3rd party character revealed.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I get up every morning at 3 am. You don't know the meaning of tired.
Yea... you're probably right.

But going to work until 3 and school until 6:30 (alternating) is no easy task either.
I'm sure you have something worse than that though.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Yea... you're probably right.

But going to work until 3 and school until 6:30 (alternating) is no easy task either.
I'm sure you have something worse than that though.
I just work from 3:30 am until noon 4 days a week, and 3:30 am to 8:30 am the other day. It's gross.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Bomberman and Simon Belmont are probably the only other 3rd parties that deserve to be in Smash Bros. ;)
A (non-idiotic) list of deserving 3rd party reps (other than Sonic, Pac, and MegaMan) in no particular order:
-Snake (Konami)
-Bomberman
-Simon Belmont (Konami)
-NiGHTS (Sega)
-Geno (Square Enix)
-Shovel Knight (Yacht Club Games)
-Lloyd Irving (Namco)
-Klonoa (Namco)
-Prof. Layton
-Rayman (Ubisoft)

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I just work from 3:30 am until noon 4 days a week, and 3:30 am to 8:30 am the other day. It's gross.
It sounds pretty bad. I have that 6 a.m. to 3:00 shift 3 days a week and that 7:40-6:30 school time. Gets pretty hectic.

You all are hopeless.

Obviously, Hatsune Miku is going to be the next 3rd party character revealed.
MFW that happens>

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
A (non-idiotic) list of deserving 3rd party reps (other than Sonic, Pac, and MegaMan) in no particular order:
-Snake (Konami)
-Bomberman
-Simon Belmont (Konami)
-NiGHTS (Sega)
-Geno (Square Enix)
-Lloyd Irving (Namco)
-Klonoa (Namco)
-Prof. Layton
No Neku, no buy.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Do people just hate games that don't originate from Japan?
No.

in fact, one of my current favorite games is skullgirls, made here in North America.

it's just that nobody really likes rayman. I like his games but him being in smash seems a little out of place.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I'm thinking Ryu (Street Fighter) & Simon Belmont will be 3rd party newcomers in Smash 5. Both are pretty important to Nintendo; Belmont is obviously as Castlevania was one of the big NES franchises, while Street Fighter II was one of the highest selling SNES games & if it wasn't for that game we wouldn't even have Smash.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I still want this guy:

Not as much as Layton, mind you, but still he's up there for third parties.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I'm thinking Ryu (Street Fighter) & Simon Belmont will be 3rd party newcomers in Smash 5. Both are pretty important to Nintendo; Belmont is obviously as Castlevania was one of the big NES franchises, while Street Fighter II was one of the highest selling SNES games & if it wasn't for that game we wouldn't even have Smash.
Sakurai has ultra-banned all other fighting series. Good-bye Sonic. :troll:

Lolzormatic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lolzormatic
3DS FC
3909-7512-5969
-Snake (Konami)
-Bomberman
-Simon Belmont (Konami)
-NiGHTS (Sega)
-Geno (Square Enix)
-Lloyd Irving (Namco)
-Klonoa (Namco)
-Prof. Layton
-Rayman

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Never any love for Rayman.

Do people just hate games that don't originate from Japan?
If that was true, the game industry wouldn't be where it is now. Remember Microsoft?

I think one of the issue with Rayman series is that it had an inconsistent tone in atmosphere and story. The jump between Rayman 1 to Rayman 2 is a stark contrast.

Rayman 3 was trying to be a mix of both Rayman 1 and 2.

Then Raving Rabbids, full stop.

And then he bounced back with Origins and Legends. The thing with Origins though, is that, as the title suggests, it was originally going to add more to Rayman lore and explains his origins. Somewhere, they decided "screw it" and went full on fun, level design and slapstick humour. And I'm glad they did.

Origins and Legends are one of my all time favorites in the last decade.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
actually, now that I think about it, the next iconic 3rd party fighter to be in smash is the Black Mage from Final Fantasy.

I mean, it probably won't happen because Square, but still.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I'm thinking Ryu (Street Fighter) & Simon Belmont will be 1st party newcomers in Smash 5.
Fixed.

Because by the time that game comes out Nintendo would have hopefully bought Capcom. Or at least Sega...

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
No.

in fact, one of my current favorite games is skullgirls, made here in North America.

it's just that nobody really likes rayman. I like his games but him being in smash seems a little out of place.
Sonic is out of place.
Mega Man is out of place.
Pac-Man is out of place.
Third parties are not Nintendo.

Just because you don't like a character doesn't mean you need to make excuses for them not to be in.
I think Ubisoft certainly deserves a character, and Rayman already has a trophy. Unless you want to stick Ezio in...

Anyway, Rayman is far enough popular, maybe not with the Smash crowd, but there's a reason he's Ubi's mascot.
I think one of the issue with Rayman series is that it had an inconsistent tone in atmosphere and story. The jump between Rayman 1 to Rayman 2 is a stark contrast.

Rayman 3 was trying to be a mix of both Rayman 1 and 2.

Then Raving Rabbids, full stop.

And then he bounced back with Origins and Legends. The thing with Origins though, is that, as the title suggests, it was originally going to add more to Rayman lore and explains his origins. Somewhere, they decided "screw it" and went full on fun, level design and slapstick humour. And I'm glad they did.

Origins and Legends are my one of my all time favorites in the last decade.
Origins and Legends actually kind of retconned some things and fixed others. It has been the Glade of Dreams since Rayman 2, and it makes sense now. Rayman apparently sleeps for hundreds of years, and when he wakes up the whole world is different.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
-Snake (Konami)
-Bomberman
-Simon Belmont (Konami)
-NiGHTS (Sega)
-Geno (Square Enix)
-Lloyd Irving (Namco)
-Klonoa (Namco)
-Prof. Layton
-Rayman (Ubisoft)
Needs some Sora and Neku.
Goku and Shrek too:troll:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think I may have sped in a school zone.

IDK

I didn't know it was a school zone.

It was camera enforced though, so if I did...

If I did I wasn't going to much over the speed limit, but too much over is probably too much

I was going down some back road

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Skimming the current topic, it looks like we are talking about 3rd parties. As a mainly Nintendo guy, 3rd parties don't get me too excited except for Sonic.

Sure, there are some characters I would like to see like Slime and/or Sora, but it's not the end of the world if they aren't there/

I rather just see the cool nintendo characters they decide to put in.

Lolzormatic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lolzormatic
3DS FC
3909-7512-5969
Origins and Legends actually kind of retconned some things and fixed others. It has been the Glade of Dreams since Rayman 2, and it makes sense now. Rayman apparently sleeps for hundreds of years, and when he wakes up the whole world is different.
Haha, Rayman continuity... I just like to play the games.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
It has been the Glade of Dreams since Rayman 2, and it makes sense now. Rayman apparently sleeps for hundreds of years, and when he wakes up the whole world is different.
You have a nap under the Snoring Tree, 100 years later you finally wake up from THE SAME NAP and are in a COMPLETE OTHER DIMENSION in which you then go into a tent ATOP said Snoring Tree back in your dimension, where the Nymphs decided to ditch the place, Vikings, Knights, Plumbers, Zombies and Nudes are now your friends as the land has been taken over by Toads and Mexican Skeletons and you try and stop them, while the main villian of last game has turned into 6 Nose-Honkers.

...Well, crud. That's a plot twist if I've ever seen one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom