• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Gahhh! I need a Wii U release date already! I don't have a 3DS (not a fan of handhelds), but I want to play this game so badly. If there's a Wii U Smash demo, I might jump on getting a Wii U early as I was planning on getting it on Smash's launch day.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If you've seen the Fossil Fighter's trophy, there appears to be a mini blue T-Rex with them. They finally know who's the real prehistoric predator of the bunch. :troll:
The little T-Rex from the 3DS game (he's red, by the way)?
He should have been playable. :p

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Not necessarily. It was technical issues that affected the Grabbers, not time. As for Lucas, something tells me that he was a pre-determined cut.
Yeah, I know the Ice Climbers were technical issues, but if they had more time, I believe they could have found a way around to implement.

Why would Lucas be a pre-determined cut when Sakurai stated he would try to bring everyone back? I remember him saying he was trying to bring all previous fighters back but warned that he didn't have enough time to accomplish that.

Knowing this, we can assume all non-returning characters aren't in the game due to time constraints.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This looks amazing...

Too bad it's almost guaranteed to bomb in theaters like Speilberg's Tin-Tin did.
Popeye's being revived? And I thought that Mr. Peabody and Sherman would be the last classic cartoon to hit the big screen. :')

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
This looks amazing...

Too bad it's almost guaranteed to bomb in theaters like Speilberg's Tin-Tin did.
Oh wow. I'm not really a Popeye fan, but the animation in this is a VERY nice homage to old rubber hose cartoons. I'm surprised how massively well they translated this into 3D. I might be looking forward to this now.

I have to ask though, what's that teleporting cat-thing? I don't remember seeing that in Popeye.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Oh wow. I'm not really a Popeye fan, but the animation in this is a VERY nice homage to old rubber hose cartoons. I'm surprised how massively well they translated this into 3D. I might be looking forward to this now.

I have to ask though, what's that teleporting cat-thing? I don't remember seeing that in Popeye.
I was wondering too. lol

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Popeye's being revived? And I thought that Mr. Peabody and Sherman would be the last classic cartoon to hit the big screen. :')
And it's being directed by Genndy Tartokosky (creator of Dexter's Lab, Samurai Jack, Star Wars: the Clone Wars, and Symbiotic Titan) no less. It's sure to be an amazing movie but I don't know how much of an audience Popeye will have nowadays.

Add in: That "cat" is Eugene the "Jeep." It's a strange creature from the depths of Africa that eats only orchids and can manipulate the fourth dimension (this is how the comics literally explains it).

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

He looks sort of like Wimpy.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Wow, I'm playing the Smash 4 demo and...
Why do Ghirahim move like a damned flipbook?? Why is his model so ugly in general?
If you're going to subject him to being an Assist Trophy, you could at least give him a little respect?

This is...well, it's making me quite disagreeable.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
And it's being directed by Genndy Tartokosky (creator of Dexter's Lab, Samurai Jack, Star Wars: the Clone Wars, and Symbiotic Titan) no less. It's sure to be an amazing movie but I don't know how much of an audience Popeye will have nowadays.
Well, it could end up like Peabody and Sherman, breathing new life in an old franchise from long ago.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Why do Ghirahim move like a damned flipbook?? Why is his model so ugly in general?
If you're going to subject him to being an Assist Trophy, you could at least give him a little respect?

Assist Trophies (and Pokémon) have overall less polygons on their models and only run at 30 fps instead of 60. This is likely due to 3DS hardware limitations.

Gotta not press the processors too much, after all.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The guy who made Dexter's Lab and Samurai Jack is one of the front runners for this movie too. So that's why I'm interested.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Assist Trophies (and Pokémon) have overall less polygons on their models and only run at 30 fps instead of 60. This is likely due to 3DS hardware limitations.
Gotta not press the processors too much, after all.
I know that, but it's so horrible obvious on Ghirahim for some reason. I got Isabelle and Elec Man before him. Hell, even Color TV Game 15 ran smoother than him.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

It's more noticeable on Ghirahim because of his fighter-like proportions, it's less noticeable for small and stubby characters like Isabelle and Elec Man, or characters that don't really move at all like Mother Brain. Sadly it's just a 3DS limitation and we'll have to live with it, at least he's better animated than Olimar's Pikmins.

On the other hand, I got a tip that said Ghirahim is invincible, even if you knock him to hell and back, so I guess he's got that going for him at least.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I know that, but it's so horrible obvious on Ghirahim for some reason. I got Isabelle and Elec Man before him. Hell, even Color TV Game 15 ran smoother than him.
I mean, Ghirahim has a model and Color TV-Game 15 is a collection of incredibly simple sprites.

Color TV-Game 15 is definitely less intensive than Ghirahim. :laugh:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
So... why are people complaining about something free that you can download if you so choose? *Crosses arms and taps foot*

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
On the other hand, I got a tip that said Ghirahim is invincible, even if you knock him to hell and back, so I guess he's got that going for him at least.
Yes, I knew that he was invincible, it mentions that on the Assist Trophies page on the Smash 4 website.
Of course, the trade-off is that he essentially does nothing.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom