• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
This looks amazing...

Too bad it's almost guaranteed to bomb in theaters like Speilberg's Tin-Tin did.
Don't know, when it comes to Sony Pictures and reviving old cartoons, I'm always really nervous.

Though on a positive note, at least I'll give it credit for having some surprisingly fast animation.

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
They're doing a new Popeye? That's pretty nice. If it succeeds, maybe we can finally get the Popeye anime everyone dreams of!

Alright, no, don't look at me like that - OK I STOP PLEASE PUT DOWN THE BAT

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

R0Y

Smash Master
I hope we get The Last Story and Pandora's Tower trophies in the Wii U version.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
You've watched Durarara!! too?

Shizuo is the best character of that anime.

"IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAAA!!!"
I watched it on Crunchyroll a couple months ago. It was good, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I did with their other work, Baccano.
The characters were the best part (excluding the main 3, ironically.)

Also, this.

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
[collapse=I watched the first two Madoka movies...]
And honestly, I'm a little disappointed... I thought that they would add a bit more, but it's mostly just the series... in two two-hour movies, with hardly any changes at all.

In fact, they remove quite a bit of scenes, even the 'dream' Madoka has right at the beginning. I mean, I guess it's understandable... after all, it is already split into two movies, but still...

The changes they do make however, are pretty nice. For example, they added a new version of the opening after Homura's backstory that adds Homura throughout it. And they also changed the scene where Homura asks Kyubey if they really could save Sayaka, to take place in weird, red graveyard, instead of Homura's house... dimension... thing.

Those two were the only changes that really stood out though. Everything else was either the same, or was changed so slightly that I didn't even notice it. And with how many scenes they remove, it's almost not worth it.

Long story short, there's really no point in watching them unless you really want to watch a slightly shortened version of the series, or just simply curious.
Otherwise, you're probably better off just rewatching the series.[/collapse]

D

Deleted member

I know that, but it's so horrible obvious on Ghirahim for some reason. I got Isabelle and Elec Man before him. Hell, even Color TV Game 15 ran smoother than him.
The only AT I've seen was Lyn, but it's probably because I'm mostly playing in Final Destination-style Battlefield. I'll check if there's more ATs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I can tell that I'll wind up looking like this soon as I get through with this Digital Project. I have to edit my self portrait in Adobe Illustrator to look like one of Yoko D' Holbachie's works apparently.

Soul.

It's that thing again.
Sad.
So sad.
3DS is being called the demo version.
It doesn't get love.
Maybe SmashBoards should be renamed to Wii U Boards since the 3DS does not have a place. = (

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

I can tell that I'll wind up looking like this soon as I get through with this Digital Project. I have to edit my self portrait in Adobe Illustrator to look like one of Yoko D' Holbachie's works apparently.
You wanna look like this?

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I know the Ice Climbers were technical issues, but if they had more time, I believe they could have found a way around to implement.
At this point, I don't think all the time in the world could have done anything to help the Ice Climbers' predicament with the 3DS due to the handheld not having enough processing power to make them work as they normally do.

Granted, Sakurai could have just altered the Climbers to work differently that would work on the 3DS (like how Billy & Mandy and Mac & Bloo work on the CN clone of Smash), but the fact he didn't is telling me that he was too stubborn to do so.

Or alternatively, Sakurai could have delayed the game and rework it as a New 3DS exclusive like the Xenoblade Chronicles port, given that the New 3DS has more processing power to work with.

Either way, there's not really much of a workaround available to get the Climbers to work as they normally do on the "Old" 3DS regardless of how much time is allotted. Or at least that's what I believe. I could be wrong; it's happened once or twice.

Why would Lucas be a pre-determined cut when Sakurai stated he would try to bring everyone back? I remember him saying he was trying to bring all previous fighters back but warned that he didn't have enough time to accomplish that.

Knowing this, we can assume all non-returning characters aren't in the game due to time constraints.
Bear in mind that Sakurai's statement refers to every pre-existing Smash character. Obviously, not literally everyone would be coming back, even with time not being an issue.
His statement also boils down to three points:

-"We don’t have the time to fully recreate every single character who’s been in Smash Bros at this point."
Which is pretty much saying not everyone's coming back.

-"Adding new characters is not a simple addition – it’s really multiplication. The amount of work, adding a character is multiplied and becomes bigger and bigger as you go. We can’t because of the amount of work it takes. However, I do believe I understand that each character has its own set of fans out there who really like that character."
Which states that characters take a lot of work, and the sheer number takes a toll of both time and effort, which is something that can't be spent trying to work everyone from the past as well as newer characters. While being aware that each character in Smash thus far has a fanbase.

-"So we’re not going to cut characters out of the way, we’re going to put in as many characters as we can, we really want to do that, because it's good for the fans and good for all of us. But in the event that we do have to cut some characters, I’d like to apologise in advance to those fans."
Which is stating that the development team is going to try to squeeze in as much as possible, but, as stated previously, not everyone is coming back, and Sakurai apologizes for fans of any character that is attempted that doesn't quite make it.

The last part gives the impression that there are no pre-determined "cuts" from the past, but it's not quite saying that.
We know for a fact Brawl had pre-determined cuts, considering that Toon Link essentially replaced Young Link and Pichu was not even part of the Instance Slot data.
And surprise, surprise, Sakurai did state during Brawl's development that not everyone would return.

We also know the hassles behind guest characters, especially last-minute decisions (i.e. Sonic in Brawl) and seeing as Sakurai had decided upon each of the characters in Smash 4 (or placeholders in the case of Greninja and Robin) at the start of development, there had to have been an outside force preventing Snake's return (i.e. disagreement between Sakurai, Nintendo, Konami, etc.) early on as opposed to time constraints if he was planned to return.

And yes, that does mean Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina were planned on despite being last-minute clones. We know at least Lucina was planned as an alt of Marth that would give altered properties, so it's safe to assume that Dr. Mario and Dark Pit were treated the same way and all three were made into their own characters because of skewed battle record results as a result of those different properties.

There's more to this, but I've (ironically) ran out of time to do so, and I've made a big wall of text already, so I don't want to overload you with what I have to say. :p

D

Deleted member

It's that thing again.
Sad.
So sad.
3DS is being called the demo version.
It doesn't get love.
Maybe SmashBoards should be renamed to Wii U Boards since the 3DS does not have a place. = (
We're calling it a demo version because all we have is literally a demo

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You wanna look like this?

Nope, I'm doing one of the more feminine figures, though that's obviously more NSFW. The only different is that my face and the background will be the main focus. Hint: It's the Sphinx one.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The only AT I've seen was Lyn, but it's probably because I'm mostly playing in Final Destination-style Battlefield. I'll check if there's more ATs.
I saw, in order

1. Isabelle (so cute! <3)
2. Elec Man
3. Ghirahim (so disappointing, he didn't hit once on a level 1 cpu)
4. Color TV Game 15
5. Lyn
6. Ghirahim again (he actually hit once!)

The CPU got Mother Brain twice.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
This looks amazing...

Too bad it's almost guaranteed to bomb in theaters like Speilberg's Tin-Tin did.
That art style.
I never watched much Popeye, but I can tell, they made the animation style transition PERFECTLY into 3D.

I like whenever something that was 2D is made into 3D, and it keeps the same style it had. It just looks so cartoony and awesome.
Which is one of the reasons I'm okay with the majority of the Spongebob Movie 2 being in 3D. Wait a minute...
Small fictional characters that were always a 2D cartoon, suddenly becoming 3D and going into the real modern world in a movie?

*sigh* I knew Nickelodeon and the new Spongebob writers couldn't have an original idea nowadays.
Sponge Out of Water is ripping off of The Smurfs.

The freaking Smurfs.

I'm going to jump on the hate bandwagon.

Also Tom Kenny as Popeye is amazing.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579

The reason Ghirahim isn't a playable character.

But yeah...It's sad to see him as an AT, but I guess that's better than nothing.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
That art style.
I never watched much Popeye, but I can tell, they made the animation style transition PERFECTLY into 3D.

I like whenever something that was 2D is made into 3D, and it keeps the same style it had. It just looks so cartoony and awesome.
Which is one of the reasons I'm okay with the majority of the Spongebob Movie 2 being in 3D. Wait a minute...
Small fictional characters that were always a 2D cartoon, suddenly becoming 3D and going into the real modern world in a movie?

*sigh* I knew Nickelodeon and the new Spongebob writers couldn't have an original idea nowadays.
Sponge Out of Water is ripping off of The Smurfs.

The freaking Smurfs.

I'm going to jump on the hate bandwagon.

Also Tom Kenny as Popeye is amazing.
I just saw a comment that read "They just ruined it. Popeye was the best and sometumes some things are better untouched".

Literally one minute of Popeye action and they came to that decision. They talk like they watched The Smurfs CG movie(s) >.>

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I saw, in order

1. Isabelle (so cute! <3)
2. Elec Man
3. Ghirahim (so disappointing, he didn't hit once on a level 1 cpu)
4. Color TV Game 15
5. Lyn
6. Ghirahim again (he actually hit once!)

The CPU got Mother Brain twice.
I got..
- Isabelle
- Lyn
- Andross
- Color TV Game 15

:troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom