• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Here you guys and gals go: The saddest thing you will ever see, bought tears to me when i read it. Made me think of the 2 beloved animals i lost like this that were dogs. It's for the best though:

That's too small to even read.

Anyway, when do you guys think the character boards will come back now that we have strong DLC evidence? :troll:

Morbi

Scavenger
I guess I should explain myself: this remix doesn't do the same.

I told this several time but SSBM will NEVER go off my best game for only one reason: this game is the reason I've played all the one I loved. In fact, it was my foundation of video games knowledge and I was just astonished when I learned what was the true purpose of the game, was just amazed.

I have sight issues which made my hearing improved. Since I'm someone that retains lots of details, some are even meaningless, my memory is quite solid with those details. If you combine this memory with my hearing, I can remember REALLY PRECISELY sounds that is quite memorable for whatever reasons.

This music...I'm not exaggerating if I tell you that I probably heard it more than 1000 times! I became just addicted to hear it and it made just wanting to use the menu for the only reason that I would hear those 40 seconds again....and again.....and again....forever.

The reason was because of the feel of it: it makes your experience fell like not usual, but way more global and basically, universal. It includes so much that you just want to live it and that's exactly what this theme does.

Since I spent a lot of time before unlocking everyone, I heard menu 1 a lot more than menu 2 which is good, but menu 1 is reflecting global a lot more than menu 2 which reflects more enjoyments.

You get that this music is still today engraved in my head notes by notes, exactly like playing it the exact sounds replica in my head. It's crazy how close to the original that I can play it in my head and hearing it is just me going in intense nostalgia thinking as it marks the music I heard when SSBM changed my life.

So, it HAS to be the original to give this effect. Nothing will EVER do it again except the true original music.

I actually don't like the remix only because of that, but that is clearly unfair as nothing can beat the original for me. Tough, they put the remix and the original in brawl and guess what I did: menu 1 cranked to the max and all other menu music got 0% in my music.

I really need original for this to work.
Indeed. That applies to all music. People will always cite the original as the best even if the remake is more technical or perhaps the production quality is better, maybe the vocalist is more ranged even. Nothing beats the original because people attach emotions to the sound, a sound that cannot ever be perfectly replicated.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That's too small to even read.

Anyway, when do you guys think the character boards will come back now that we have strong DLC evidence? :troll:
You should be able to click it to enlarge and zoom in. That's just how the image is. I can't link to original source because it doesn't work on my computer for some reason.

I'm gonna need a microscope to read THAT!
Ok, read above. If not it's on the right side of the main cheesburger page. The around the web one.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
When I played the smash demo hilariously the only assist I got was Ghirahim. He looked like he was pulled from Clayfighters.

You should be able to click it to enlarge and zoom in. That's just how the image is. I can't link to original source because it doesn't work on my computer for some reason.

Ok, read above. If not it's on the right side of the main cheesburger page. The around the web one.
The zoom doesn't even help.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

Excuse me?!?!?! MAIN CHEESEBURGER PAGE?!?!?! What kind of twisted fantasy logic is that?!?!?!

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Indeed. That applies to all music. People will always cite the original as the best even if the remake is more technical or perhaps the production quality is better, maybe the vocalist is more ranged even. Nothing beats the original because people attach emotions to the sound, a sound that cannot ever be perfectly replicated.
I actually think it's not better because of how slow it became...you just loose everything I loved.

I really didn;t found the remix memorable, but bear in mind that there's only a few music that no matter how much effort would be put in a remix, it won't change the original, but that is so rare that it's mostly not the case.

It's just this one that is particularily important for me.

Hong

The Strongest
@SmashRiver64

Forgive me that it had taken as long as it has to get your emoticons and stuff. Not like I was ignoring you, so much as moderators l like myself don't directly that part of the site, so it can take some time.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
I AM NOW COMPLETE!!!!!

Oh, dammit.

According to Smash Wiki, (not sure how reliable that is) not only did Wario get his 12 costumes from Brawl lowered to 8, while Mac has 16, got no new songs for his returning stage on the 3DS version, but now I hear that his forward smash shoulder bash got replaced. Of all the things to change from Wario...

I bet WarioWare Inc will be a familiar stage for the WiiU version too and Wario will get no new stage.

To show my distaste, I'm bringing @ JabbatheHutt JabbatheHutt over here.

Edit: Apparently, Greninja is invisible when used as a 3DS main. Ninja joke?
I hope he gets a new stage in yeh WiiU version. He has NO SONGS in the 3DS version Im pissed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom