• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Guess what is the alternate menu song in Smash 3DS?

This time it's not slightly remixed like in Brawl, but the original, unchanged version from Melee.

I admit I liked Brawl's remastering a bit better, but both sound really good... And nostalgic.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The best thing about Mac being in Smash: The "***** Stole My Bike" memes. I used watch this one video that was chock full f them: Doc Louis stealing Yoshi, stealing Marge, stealing Tauntauns, stealing Samus's Starship, stealing the Eggpod, and many other of the hilarious bike stealing parodies.
Remind me again why Doc Louis isn't playable himself? He'd be the greatest character in the game. Imagine it, Chocolate bar Final Smash. It seems so right.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

This time it's not slightly remixed like in Brawl, but the original, unchanged version from Melee.

I admit I liked Brawl's remastering a bit better, but both sound really good... And nostalgic.
*nostalgia storm*

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
The best thing about Mac being in Smash: The "***** Stole My Bike" memes. I used watch this one video that was chock full f them: Doc Louis stealing Yoshi, stealing Marge, stealing Tauntauns, stealing Samus's Starship, stealing the Eggpod, and many other of the hilarious bike stealing parodies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iky6UlioAkc

Ah, now there's an old favorite of mine. <3

I'd do a media post, but then I'd get warned. ¦D

D

Deleted member

Personally I like the vanilla Melee menu music better.
It's by far my favorite out of the series. It just has a distinctly Smash Bros. feel to it.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Awsome i prefered the melee version of that over brawls version

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Remind me again why Doc Louis isn't playable himself? He'd be the greatest character in the game. Imagine it, Chocolate bar Final Smash. It seems so right.
Believe me, it will happen in the next Smash since I doubt there's any other Punch Out character more relevant than him. Besides, it would be great to see the first black heavyweight in Smash other than myself Mii.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Personally I like the vanilla Melee menu music better.
It's by far my favorite out of the series. It just has a distinctly Smash Bros. feel to it.

I definitely prefer this over everything we've ever had in the series before this game. Best menu music ever. It finally trumps the Melee ones for me. <3

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I want a Doc Louis smash taunt conversation for Mac.

And KI: Uprising-styled conversations for Pit. :<

I know Fox and Falco have their Corneria smash taunts back.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Speaking of the Menu 2 music, I'm sure some SSB4-related events had the Brawl version playing. I think it's even heard on the Smash Direct, so maybe that version will be on the Wii U version.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

THERE'S NO MENU 1???

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Well, I guess I will stop spamming the tittle screen to get the menu 1 like in melee.

Really, any menu music is not better than menu 1 for me. ANY.

Because it's my most memorable music in any vgm...

Not the best, but most memorable.

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
I spent several hours experimenting with setups and moves to find the best ways to kill CPUs as early as possible, and strategies to get more than 2 kills on them in a match.
This demo is driving me insane and I'm loving every second of it. God save me.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
People on Miiverse are saying this game's graphics are worse than Melee...
...When they haven't even played the game.

Soul.

No, trophy descriptions depict that Sandbag LIKES being hit and beat up on so now Sheik is gonna have to sleep with one eye open in case of an angry, jealous Sandbag. ¦(

Otherwise, she'll end up like Jigglypuff. D¦

Poor Jigglypuff. It should be using Rest to recover.
I guess I was wrong, lol.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

THERE'S NO MENU 1???

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Well, I guess I will stop spamming the tittle screen to get the menu 1 like in melee.

Really, any menu music is not better than menu 1 for me. ANY.

Because it's my most memorable music in any vgm...

Not the best, but most memorable.
Well, the classic Melee menu theme is in the game. There's the Brawl remix that plays as an alternate track for Battlefield, as well as an entirely new (and very epic) version of the song as the alternative song for Final Destination.

D

Deleted member

...Well technically they are.
I believe the 3DS runs at a native 240p, and the GC runs at 480p.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Definitely not that worse than Melee when playing on an actual 3DS.

3DS pictures are only made justice when seeing on their correct resolution, or else they will be very pixelated.

Also, listening to that Menu 2 music several times has made me feel very nostalgic.

To think it's been 10 years since I first got into this series with Melee.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I spent several hours experimenting with setups and moves to find the best ways to kill CPUs as early as possible, and strategies to get more than 2 kills on them in a match.
This demo is driving me insane and I'm loving every second of it. God save me.
Why would one need to be saved from greatness. Bask in it my friend. Until you have what you were really looking for.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Definitely not that worse than Melee when playing on an actual 3DS.

3DS pictures are only made justice when seeing on their correct resolution, or else they will be very pixelated.

Also, listening to that Menu 2 music several times has made me feel very nostalgic.

To think it's been 10 years since I first got into this series with Melee.
Smash 4 on 3DS actually looks so much better than Brawl.

That's what happens when you have great art direction.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Are you all ready?

Wait for my next post

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

True that. Same reason why Wind Waker made more sense in HD than TP (which I would still gladly take mind you).
I think part of that might be just because the Wii didn't run HD. Just look at the Wii U version. It absolutely blows the 3DS out of the water in terms of graphics.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

This is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Seriously, there is no doubting that this game looks more charming visually than Melee and Brawl.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Here you guys and gals go: The saddest thing you will ever see, bought tears to me when i read it. Made me think of the 2 beloved animals i lost like this that were dogs. It's for the best though:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

When Assists, Pokémon and other secondary characters have a lower resolution? Personally, I don't think so.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well, the classic Melee menu theme is in the game. There's the Brawl remix that plays as an alternate track for Battlefield, as well as an entirely new (and very epic) version of the song as the alternative song for Final Destination.
I guess I should explain myself: this remix doesn't do the same.

I told this several time but SSBM will NEVER go off my best game for only one reason: this game is the reason I've played all the one I loved. In fact, it was my foundation of video games knowledge and I was just astonished when I learned what was the true purpose of the game, was just amazed.

I have sight issues which made my hearing improved. Since I'm someone that retains lots of details, some are even meaningless, my memory is quite solid with those details. If you combine this memory with my hearing, I can remember REALLY PRECISELY sounds that is quite memorable for whatever reasons.

This music...I'm not exaggerating if I tell you that I probably heard it more than 1000 times! I became just addicted to hear it and it made just wanting to use the menu for the only reason that I would hear those 40 seconds again....and again.....and again....forever.

The reason was because of the feel of it: it makes your experience fell like not usual, but way more global and basically, universal. It includes so much that you just want to live it and that's exactly what this theme does.

Since I spent a lot of time before unlocking everyone, I heard menu 1 a lot more than menu 2 which is good, but menu 1 is reflecting global a lot more than menu 2 which reflects more enjoyments.

You get that this music is still today engraved in my head notes by notes, exactly like playing it the exact sounds replica in my head. It's crazy how close to the original that I can play it in my head and hearing it is just me going in intense nostalgia thinking as it marks the music I heard when SSBM changed my life.

So, it HAS to be the original to give this effect. Nothing will EVER do it again except the true original music.

I actually don't like the remix only because of that, but that is clearly unfair as nothing can beat the original for me. Tough, they put the remix and the original in brawl and guess what I did: menu 1 cranked to the max and all other menu music got 0% in my music.

I really need original for this to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom