• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I'm serious. The only tips I am able to give are know the game, learn how the metagame works, and get to know the community. Other then that, I don't know. I haven't played Pokemon in forever, and competitive Pokemon is as foreign to me as it gets.

They broke on my side.
Yup, can't get the second picture to work.

Wow.
And I'm just sitting here trying to sweep with a level 100 Greninja.
With no Protean.
Protean Greninja = :) Greninja
Torrent Greninja = :( Greninja

Competitively speaking.

http://mii-gamer.com/2014/09/01/dozens-super-smash-bros-posters-popping-across-sations-japan/

There have been a lot of Smash Bros. ad posters popping up in several areas in Japan.
'Juinichi Masada from Gamefreaks tweeted to his fans that he discover a Pokemon-only Super Smash Bros poster at Hamamatsuchi Station on his way back home to Tokyo. As good friends do, Masahiro Sakurai explained that the poster was deliberately placed at Hamamatsuchi Station since there is a local Pokemon Station located in the area.'

Smart move, Sakurai.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, NY fast food workers are going to protest because they believe they should be earning $15 and hour

Fast Food earning $15 and hour

I don't earn $15 and hour after a promotion and 3 pay increases

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
LOL, NY fast food workers are going to protest because they believe they should be earning $15 and hour

Fast Food earning $15 and hour

I don't earn $15 and hour after a promotion and 3 pay increases
Wages are a complicated issue in today's society mostly as a result of massive shifts in policies and imbalance between the upper, middle, and lower wage brackets. Including the stalling to increasing wages to match inflation so even though productive is extremely high the benefits of that productive is going disproportionally to the upper brackets.

The lower and middle brackets have been shafted in this regard for a number of years especially in places like New York where it is extremely expensive to live to begin with.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wages are a complicated issue in today's society mostly as a result of massive shifts in policies and imbalance between the upper, middle, and lower wage brackets. Including the stalling to increasing wages to match inflation so even though productive is extremely high the benefits of that productive is going disproportionally to the upper brackets.

The lower and middle brackets have been shafted in this regard for a number of years especially in places like New York where it is extremely expensive to live to begin with.
You're not suppose to live off a fast food job

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Unpopular opinion time: I don't like Charizard.
I'm going to be honest here, Charizard is my second least favourite Pokémon ever. (after Pichu of course) They are the epitome of the "genwunner" mentality. At least that started to die off when the term "genwunner" was coined, yet Charizard was still the most overrated thing ever. And that was when they could be one hit KOed by any half decent Rock move. And then when they got the special treatment in Gen 6, an extra evolution that their siblings didn't get, and when that evolution turned out to be good, ...I think I died a little.

Then there's him in Smash. I don't like how he plays in Smash, I hated having to switch to him every time I was playing as Ivysaur, and I hated how they used him to deconfirm Squivysaurtle in the Greninja trailer.

</rant>

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I'm going to be honest here, Charizard is my second least favourite Pokémon ever. (after Pichu of course) They are the epitome of the "genwunner" mentality. At least that started to die off when the term "genwunner" was coined, yet Charizard was still the most overrated thing ever. And that was when they could be one hit KOed by any half decent Rock move. And then when they got the special treatment in Gen 6, an extra evolution that their siblings didn't get, and when that evolution turned out to be good, ...I think I died a little.

Then there's him in Smash. I don't like how he plays in Smash, I hated having to switch to him every time I was playing as Ivysaur, and I hated how they used him to deconfirm Squivysaurtle in the Greninja trailer.

</rant>
Here's a picture for you:

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281

</rant>
Youre not alone.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

</rant>
I still think Squirtle and Ivysaur are still there. Mind you this time around they're separated. And if that's the case, why bunch them up when it's not needed. Besides, it's not like Sakurai hasn't trolled us this way before. Look at Lucas.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
You're not suppose to live off a fast food job
That may be so but it's also not that straight forward, the economy in a lot of places doesn't easily allow for the transition to accrue in sustainable manner, many people are forced into those situations of no fault of their own. I don't disagree that $15 may be too much in most areas but it's more relating to a larger problem with our current economic imbalance. There are legitimate problems involved with companies that pay so far below a liveable wage and we all subsidized those companies through other benefits that have to be granted through taxplayer money to those workers because the company themselves wouldn't do it while the gap between the lower end workers and the executives continues to skyrocket.

Soul.

So, All-Star mode "confirms" that the leaked roster didn't have every single characters.
Meh. We should put a video to celebrate then.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So, All-Star mode "confirms" that the leaked roster didn't have every single characters.
Meh. We should put a video to celebrate then.
Do you want a happy song or joyful screams
Because this thread needs more Chuggaaconroy.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Well, I like Charizard and think he's hype, so Im quite happy with the love hes getting. Should have always been his own character in my opinion.

(but the other two should also be theyr own characters now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom