• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I think every fighting game series ever, has clones. So it's not like Smash has committed taboo.
I just mention the ones Namco made because they're arguably one of the more infamous examples. Tekken has a glut of those type of characters, for a few examples Panda, Armor King, Alex, and Kunimitsu. Though in the case of Tekken some examples like Julia and Michelle rarely appear together, as such it's subverted.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mr. Game & Watch has gotten the best visual upgrades of any character, in my opinion.
I agree. Maybe I'm biased because he's one of my favorite characters, but I really love what they did with him. Some of the changes are subtle, but they're all looking quite nice.

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609

It seems that Master Core only appears in certain conditions...
I'm pretty sure it only appears on higher difficulties, along with it also getting more forms on higher intensities.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I just realized I'm going to have to play at 9.0 in order to get everything.

It's like Kid Icarus: Uprising all over again, but this time I can't cheese it with a six star range and melee Rose Staff.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
We'll see Lucas in that pose on the website. Believe.

:cry:
You won't believe the description either.
Lucas used to be weak-willed, and cry all the time. However, he overcame unimaginable hardships, and must surely be out adventuring somewhere right now. Or perhaps, he's found a partner and made a family of his own... No, no, that feels too soon. To fans of the MOTHER series, both Lucas and Ness might be young boys for all eternity./QUOTE]

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I just realized I'm going to have to play at 9.0 in order to get everything.

It's like Kid Icarus: Uprising all over again, but this time I can't cheese it with a six star range and melee Rose Staff.
I think you can use custom characters in single player modes, so adding the right buffs to the right characters can be a good help to beat Classic mode easier.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I think you can use custom characters in single player modes, so adding the right buffs to the right characters can be a good help to beat Classic mode easier.
Basically, I'll actually have to put effort into it. Some custom move combinations may make it easier/harder, but I personally like to go vanilla just for the sake of consistency. I'll just steam roll through it as MAD DOG BOWSER, but it might become more tricky with certain characters like the newcomers (barring Greninja and Mega Man) due to no experience.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Thinking about it, I'm kinda sad we didn't get SSE only because the interactions between Mario and Dr Mario would have been absolutely hilarious.
Toon Link was in Brawl and that didn't cause any problem for SSE thanks to his unlockable status. Dr. Mario is unlockable in SSB4, so they could've the same as Toon Link/Jigglypuff/Wolf. The real problem would be Sheik and Zero Suit Samus now that they're separate characters and ironically Toon Link as he's now a default character.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Basically, I'll actually have to put effort into it. Some custom move combinations may make it easier/harder, but I personally like to go vanilla just for the sake of consistency. I'll just steam roll through it as MAD DOG BOWSER, but it might become more tricky with certain characters like the newcomers (barring Greninja and Mega Man) due to no experience.
Well, given you can choose different paths, you may actually try to avoid running into characters that have an advantage against yours.

D

Deleted member

Just thinking, with all those alts and the changes of voice these ones implicate, Daisy would have been a pretty nice alt for Peach.

Agualitos

Smash Apprentice
Just thinking, with all those alts and the changes of voice these ones implicate, Daisy would have been a pretty nice alt for Peach.
I'm actually astonished Daisy, Ms. Pacman, and other characters as well were not included as alts! Some people, like Lucina, got amazing alts! While there were some, like Pacman, whose alts are eh.

Also I am loving the upgrades to the characters this time around. Everything just seems much more vibrant and lively! ESPECIALLY JIGGLYPUFF! She finally shows more of her anime characteristics :039:

ALSO I GOT THE DEMO! :) Could not be more thankful for having such a great friend for giving it to me :bee:
It runs so smoothly and really makes me want the real version even more!

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Character Weight

1 Shield Stance Shulk 146
2 Bowser 128
3 Donkey Kong 122
4 Dedede 119
5 Charizard 115
6 Ganondorf 112
7 Samus 108
8 Bowser Jr. 107.5
9-10 Ike 107
9-10 Wario 107
11 R.O.B. 106
12-14 Captain Falcon 104
12-14 Link 104
12-14 Yoshi 104
15-17 Shulk 102
15-17 Max Weight Mii 102
15-17 Megaman 102
18 Default Weight Mii 100
19 Lucario 99
20-21 Dr. Mario 98
20-21 Mario 98
22-24 Villager 97
22-24 Min Weight Mii 97
22-24 Luigi 97
25-27 Wii Fit Trainer 96
25-27 Dark Pit 96
25-27 Pit 96
28-30 Robin 95
28-30 Sonic 95
28-30 Pacman 95
31-32 Greninja 94
31-32 Ness 94
33-34 Toon Link 93
33-34 Diddy Kong 93
35-36 Palutena 91
35-36 Duck Hunt 91
37-38 Lucina 90
37-38 Marth 90
39 Peach 89
40-41 Zelda 85
40-41 Sheik 85
42-43 Little Mac 82
42-43 Falco 82
44 Zero Suit Samus 81
45 Meta Knight 80
46-48 Fox 79
46-48 Olimar 79
46-48 Pikachu 79
49 Rosalina 78
50 Kirby 77
51 G&W 75
52 Jigglypuff 68

Apparently this is the weight class for every character plus other factors.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
According to the weight list @ FlareHabanero FlareHabanero posted, out of the 5 characters I intend to use more often, there is one heavyweight (Ganondorf), three middleweights (Robin, Greninja, Dark Pit) and one lightweight (Olimar).

I heard Ganondorf got speed buffs this time. This is good news.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
According to the weight list @ FlareHabanero FlareHabanero posted, out of the 5 characters I intend to use more often, there is one heavyweight (Ganondorf), three middleweights (Robin, Greninja, Dark Pit) and one lightweight (Olimar).

I heard Ganondorf got speed buffs this time. This is good news.

I also heard that Ganondorf has a custom for his Warlock Punch that tacks his sword onto it or something?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I also heard that Ganondorf has a custom for his Warlock Punch that tacks his sword onto it or something?
He does.

The animation is similar, but instead of punching, he thrusts the sword forward, giving the move more range, but at the cost of power.

Also, the Mario/Dr. Mario, Marth/Lucina and Pit/Dark Pit pairs have, unsurprisingly, the same weight.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I'm back! And not covered in Galacta Knight!
Also using the Smashboards Emerald theme now!
[Still not Pranked! To that one guy, you know who you are, IN YOUR FACE!]

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
The joke's getting old, but I particularly liked this one

I lost it at Lilina's wedding

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609

Man, this soundtrack is already so much better that Brawl's!

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
Just saw the finale for Legend of Korra so good. Please dont end the avatar series after the fourth book. Cant get enough of this universe

GalloViking

Smash Rookie
Also, the Mario/Dr. Mario, Marth/Lucina and Pit/Dark Pit pairs have, unsurprisingly, the same weight.
Considering that they are clones, not a big surprise.

Btw, I'm surprised that Falco has more weight than Fox. I expected the opposite, or at least the same weight.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Just saw the finale for Legend of Korra so good. Please dont end the avatar series after the fourth book. Cant get enough of this universe
Always respected this series for existing, even if I never could quite get into it. I'm glad there's more out there for the fans. I always thought fans of adventure cartoons that aren't small children are an untapped reservoir.

Just bought a 3DS XL Grip off of eBay. Hopefully it'll get here in time for October 3rd!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I've also remarked his cape is a bit jagged.

Must be a result of Ganon's hard training for being a decent fighter.
He also has the scar he got from the Sage's sword, which makes more sense, since he only gets the sword after being impaled by the sages.

Brawl was inconsistent because he didn't have the scar in human form, but did in beast form and had the Sage's sword.

It's an nice detail anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom