• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I've been thinking to go Premium to change my username. It only sucks I'm terrible with coming up with names.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So, I just noticed something about the characters with exclusive victory themes.

You know the ones: Bowser, Bowser Jr., Rosalina, Meta Knight and Dark Pit...

Let's see, that's 3 Mario characters, 1 Kirby character and 1 Kid Icarus character. Oh Sakurai...

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
So, I just noticed something about the characters with exclusive victory themes.

You know the ones: Bowser, Bowser Jr., Rosalina, Meta Knight and Dark Pit...

Let's see, that's 3 Mario characters, 1 Kirby character and 1 Kid Icarus character. Oh Sakurai...
I miss the point why characters from the same franchise should have a different victory theme. I'm not complaining, because I really like victory themes, but I don't really see the need.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Very soon, be prepared to see Doc. Mario, Lucina and Pittoo being nicknamed as "The Trio of the Shame".

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Dr. Mario brings back the classic Mario, Lucina brings back melee Marth, there aint no shame in them. Dark Pit... ehh, it wouldnt be Smash withough at least one wierd clone. At least he has a different final Smash?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Dr. Mario = Classic Mario with pills
Lucina = Marth with no tipper mechanic, changing the gameplay style entirely
Dark Pit = Since I'm one of the few that bothers watching gameplay of him, he has some similarities to Brawl Pit in moves that share animations with Brawl Pit. He's also slower, but more powerful.

I'd rather have them as tweaked characters than just alts like they were meant to be.

And I'm also disappointed with the cuts, mind that.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I can actually see myself playing as Lucina alot more actually. I'm not the world's most patient or precise guy, so Marth's whole "tip of the sword" act just doesn't jive with me. And even in Melee I played as Doctor Mario way more than regular Mario. I guess I just liked the look and pills better plus the added strength. Lucina and Doc are cool with me.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Dr. Mario = Classic Mario with pills
Lucina = Marth with no tipper mechanic, changing the gameplay style entirely
Dark Pit = Since I'm one of the few that bothers watching gameplay of him, he has some similarities to Brawl Pit in moves that share animations with Brawl Pit. He's also slower, but more powerful.

I'd rather have them as tweaked characters than just alts like they were meant to be.

And I'm also disappointed with the cuts, mind that.
Sooo, which cut are you the most unhappy about?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Daily reminder that Namco was the one that developed these games. They're not exactly shy about creating clones for games like Tekken and Soul Calibur. So it's not that huge of a surprise that it sort of leaked into Super Smash Bros. in a sense.

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Hmmm, sounds like a good addition then. I couldnt actually find much on Dark Pit since most streamers dismissed him quickly as "just Pit".

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Daily reminder that Namco was the one that developed these games. They're not exactly shy about creating clones for games like Tekken and Soul Calibur. So it's not that huge of a surprise that it sort of leaked into Super Smash Bros. in a sense.
I think every fighting game series ever, has clones. So it's not like Smash has committed taboo.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sooo, which cut are you the most unhappy about?
Wolf, Lucas and Ice Climbers.

I liked playing as Lucas and Wolf quite a lot. Ice Climbers is just strangeness since I've come to associate them with Smash, so seeing them gone is a little sad.

My first Smash was Melee, after all.

D

Deleted member

He had also two great ones in Melee. One with his stethoscope and the other with the pills. I can't find a gif of it, unfortunately.
I've seen his stethoscope one in Smash 4, but I have yet to see the pill one. I get the feeling the one I posted replaced his spin jump pose from Melee that was copied from Mario.

Crescendo

Smash Journeyman
Thinking about it, I'm kinda sad we didn't get SSE only because the interactions between Mario and Dr Mario would have been absolutely hilarious.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think every fighting game series ever, has clones. So it's not like Smash has committed taboo.
This.

Just how many Ryu clones are there in Street Fighter? I lost count.
Just in SF4, you have Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Dan, Sakura, Gouken, Evil Ryu and Oni. 7 characters cloned from Ryu, though each has their own flavor and differences, of course, but the basis is the same.

I think the Smash fanbase would lose its **** if we had all 7 Koopalings as Bowser Jr. clones instead of alts.

Mr. Game & Watch has gotten the best visual upgrades of any character, in my opinion.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
My dog got ran-over while looking for Gaswagston (Gaston) pics.
Like many,telling the world is the onle way to get over it.

...So,yeah. Sorry if I just rekt the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom