• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
To note, I'm not sure if he meant 3DS is Four and Wii U is Five, but he does consider them separate regardless of that. He might be leaving it up to the players to decide which counts as which. However, the order released makes it obvious what to label each one. XD
I go by the fact that he started making the 3DS first since the next Smash was originally going to be only on the 3DS before he decided to make it on the Wii U as well in the early stages. There used to be an archived article on this forum with that interview from years ago, but I never could find it again. >>

But yeah, if we go by release order, it's pretty plain and clear that 3DS would be 4 and U would be 5.

well true but ugh idk i'm getting a headache from this...
That's because you're trying to reason and argue against Sakurai Logic. That's what happens. We've all been there. XD *pats your back*

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
For fun I just call it 5M4SH

although SM45H would work too, probably better

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Gema's stream has an infinity time match with four CPU players on the Paper Mario stage. Bowser Jr., Shulk, Robin, and "Duck Hunt". It's been going on for at least 10 minutes.

I saw the whale from the first game on the pirate ship section, so the original Paper Mario has some representation, at least.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Gema's stream has an infinity time match with four CPU players on the Paper Mario stage. Bowser Jr., Shulk, Robin, and "Duck Hunt" It's been going on for at least 10 minutes.

I saw the whale from the first game on the pirate ship section, so the original paper Mario has some representation, at least.
It also has Bowser's floating...clown...thing...that he captured Peach's castle with in the first game, too.

On a completely unrelated note, Kirby's Return to Dreamland feels SOOOO GOOD to play with using a Classic Controller Pro instead of the Wiimote. Same goes for New Super Mario Bros. Wii. <3

D

Deleted member

On a completely unrelated note, Kirby's Return to Dreamland feels SOOOO GOOD to play with using a Classic Controller Pro instead of the Wiimote. Same goes for New Super Mario Bros. Wii. <3
Wait, you can play those games with the Classic Controller? I didn't know that, unless you're talking about Dolphin of course.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Gema's stream has an infinity time match with four CPU players on the Paper Mario stage. Bowser Jr., Shulk, Robin, and "Duck Hunt". It's been going on for at least 10 minutes.

I saw the whale from the first game on the pirate ship section, so the original Paper Mario has some representation, at least.
LINK NOW!!!!!

Also, I noticed about the whale too, pretty much not expected to see PM64 here.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
It's closer to the Pokemon Red and Blue games. Same "generation" with some differences.

Of course, they have different characters instead of different music/etc. It's the opposite in what kinds of differences.(sometimes items too)
i hate those kinds especially in Pokemon

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Does anyone know what drugs Zero was on when he said Pacman is slow and bad? Because that **** must've been REALLY good.

Pacman's looking like one of the better characters (that have been thoroughly explored for the days we've had the full build). Villager too.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I don't mind that much, but eh. Regardless, I find having the same characters more alluring that having the same modes/items/etc.
true i hate to see that the 3ds version have pac man and not mega man , and wii u version have megaman but not pac man that would upset me

DecaHibiki

Smash Apprentice
Uh, I thought that 3DS and WiiU were compatible, Uh... I think that if they have problems adding IC in 3DS Is unfair dont put them In WiiU version I hope that in development he thought that and decided to add more characters in WiiU, is kinda derp to cut a 2 times veterans In a version that can support them cause the other version does not (will have sense if both were compatible) Damn Im so Mad Now :c

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
true i hate to see that the 3ds version have pac man and not mega man , and wii u version have megaman but not pac man that would upset me
Good thing we don't have to worry about that.

Although to be fair, Pokemon is more centered about the mechanics and story/badges. Smash is centered around the character choices.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Good thing we don't have to worry about that.

Although to be fair, Pokemon is more centered about the mechanics and story/badges. Smash is centered around the character choices.
and thats how it should always be never change the core meanings of those games

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Wait, you can play those games with the Classic Controller? I didn't know that, unless you're talking about Dolphin of course.
Nono, there are Ocarina codes that enable the Classic Controller (And Pro version) to be used with both of those games. I'm using those codes with the games.

I'm playing through Return to Dreamland right now. It feels so damn gooood~ <3

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
LINK NOW!!!!!

Also, I noticed about the whale too, pretty much not expected to see PM64 here.
She stopped the match between the time you posted and the time I noticed your post, and went offline. I didn't get any pics. http://www.twitch.tv/gema_yue

The whale lifts up the ship with water from its blowhole, but the ship doesn't get raised very high up.

The stage goes through the three tiers in order. Grassy place from Sticker Star, pirate ship from TTYD, Bowser's Castle. (from Sticker Star?)
Not completely knowledgeable about Paper Mario and its locations. I mainly just know about the partners, main characters, and general storylines.

In the Bowser's Castle tier, the Bowser head entrance in the middle has platforms on the snout and jaw. It rotates around at least 180 degrees. It might rotate in a complete 360 circle, but I haven't seen it. The jaw closes after a while, damaging those in the way.

Last edited:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Nono, there are Ocarina codes that enable the Classic Controller (And Pro version) to be used with both of those games. I'm using those codes with the games.

i wish you could use it with gamecube controller

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
She stopped the match between the time you posted and the time I noticed your post, and went offline. I didn't get any pics. The whale lifts up the ship with water from its blowhole, but the ship doesn't get raised very high up.

The stage goes through the three tiers in order. Grassy place from Sticker Star, pirate ship from TTYD, Bowser's Castle. (from Sticker Star?)

In the Bowser's Castle tier, the Bowser head entrance in the middle has platforms on the snout and jaw. It rotates around at least 180 degrees. Possiblly in a complete 360 circle. The jaw closes after a while, damaging those in the way.
http://www.twitch.tv/gema_yue/b/568191907

5:57:37 UNTIL THE END!!!

Gosh, my bandwith account :(

Seriously, I knew of the complete phase and all the thing you said, BUT THIS IS THE BEST FOOTAGE EVER!!!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
and thats how it should always be never change the core meanings of those games
Exactly. That's why having exclusive Pokemon is okay. The characters aren't the key, and all the most important ones are there, the Starters, the main NPC's, etc.

Smash is just different in that regard. The priority is changed and all.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Exactly. That's why having exclusive Pokemon is okay. The characters aren't the key, and all the most important ones are there, the Starters, the main NPC's, etc.

Smash is just different in that regard. The priority is changed and all.
I know but i hate and love that about pokemon

Soul.

Lol. There was a good Diddy Kong player in some Smash 3DS stream. It was in For Glory.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I wish I could understand the description on this trophy...3 weeks to go!

I'm glad there are more Pokemon related trophies that aren't just Pokemon.

Attachments

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
it knows what i want lol so are you getting a digital copy of smash or physical?
Physical of course~ Both versions.

I'm getting the demo soon too. I may be annoyed by the cuts, but the game looks amazing! It probably does help that while I loved the roster in Brawl, a lot of the mechanical changes were pretty bad, imo. The floatiness, for instance.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Physical of course~ Both versions.

I'm getting the demo soon too. I may be annoyed by the cuts, but the game looks amazing! It probably does help that while I loved the roster in Brawl, a lot of the mechanical changes were pretty bad, imo. The floatiness, for instance.
yes especially for ness ugh also i agree i really liked wolf and i can't really decide on either i can't really find the cons by buying digital or physical

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
yes especially for ness ugh also i agree i really liked wolf and i can't really decide on either i can't really find the cons by buying digital or physical
Only con I can see is if your 3DS dies, you might not be able to redownload the one you paid for for free. However, I think you can with the username system. Meaning it doesn't matter at all.

You could get both, but I can't think of a good reason to. Where as Pokemon has differences with how you train characters, this is a game that does not. You can lose stuff or erase stuff without repercussions. Worst you lose is your game coins at best.

D

Deleted member

Oh, I see. That's cool, must give the player some SNES feels.. I think?

I also made this sprite because of boredom. xD

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My internet has been so wonky over the last couple of days....

I see the character boards are archived. What else transpired?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Mega Man seems decent overall. I wasn't expecting him to be top tier. But there's a bit of a learning curve to really get good with him. I think the only major buff I can think for him would be to give his Charge Shot more range. It just seems a little too short. Maybe do the same for the Metal Blade too.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Only con I can see is if your 3DS dies, you might not be able to redownload the one you paid for for free. However, I think you can with the username system. Meaning it doesn't matter at all.

You could get both, but I can't think of a good reason to. Where as Pokemon has differences with how you train characters, this is a game that does not. You can lose stuff or erase stuff without repercussions. Worst you lose is your game coins at best.
well i'd like to have it that's whats most important so far i'm leaning towards digital

I haven't seen a Mega Man player in For Glory yet.
then i have a chance to shine....

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Despite being a character that will want to stay away from the opponent, Mega Man's also the kind of character that is best to always keep on the move.
His air speed is surprisingly fast, so I'm always short hopping nairs.
He requires extremely fast and precise button presses. You want to keep up a constant wall of jabs, f-tilts, and nairs whenever you have openings between everything else. Given the lack of lag between the Mega Buster moves, it's possible to do so, but is very difficult to accomplish just because my fingers can't move fast enough so precisely.
Despite that, he's actually really fun! It seems as though there's never really a dull moment, relatively speaking.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Despite being a character that will want to stay away from the opponent, Mega Man's also the kind of character that is best to always keep on the move.
His air speed is surprisingly fast, so I'm always short hopping nairs.
He requires extremely fast and precise button presses. You want to keep up a constant wall of jabs, f-tilts, and nairs whenever you have openings between everything else. Given the lack of lag between the Mega Buster moves, it's possible to do so, but is very difficult to accomplish just because my fingers can't move fast enough so precisely.
Despite that, he's actually really fun! It seems as though there's never really a dull moment, relatively speaking.
i agree his air moves are really quick and his back air and up attack have some nice damage and knockback

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
i agree his air moves are really quick and his back air and up attack have some nice damage and knockback
I just wish bair and/or fair could be auto-canceled. ;_;
The only one of his aerials which has no lag after landing from a short hop is nair. It makes me sad...

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I just wish bair and/or fair could be auto-canceled. ;_;
The only one of his aerials which has no lag after landing from a short hop is nair. It makes me sad...
well i don't know those terms sir so i'm gonna say is try to find a work around so far i succeeded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom