• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
My brother thought the weapon was actually called the Xenoblade until I told him otherwise.
Monado seems to stem from Monad, a term referring to a singular unit or entity (compare to Triad, a unit or entity in three parts). So I suppose the Monado is literally "The One Sword".

The prefix Xeno- means "other". Xenophobia is "fear of the other" (i.e. that which is different). Xenobiology is the study of the biology of non-Earth life; the alien from Alien is a Xenomorph (other-form).

So Xenosaga would be Other-saga, and Xenoblade would be Other-blade. Though this could also be transliterated as Alien-saga and Alien-blade.

-- excerpt from episode 06 of Etymological Fun with Sehnsucht

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Anyone who wants a good laugh, watch the first 6 minutes of this video.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
I'm not going to have four Pirates characters on the roster.
I'm trying to keep it...maybe not realistic, but balanced.

The only reason ToyStory gets two/three is because all of its characters are distinct, whereas the complexity of most PotC characters lies in their stories.

Without that they are a bunch of cutlass wielding pirates.
You know who would fit the roster? Jafar
As Mr. Incredible clone

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You should probably add more Mickey Mouse characters since it's pretty much the Mario series for Disney.
And add more Toy Story characters for my sake...
I intentionally avoided using Mickey Mouse characters for a number of obvious reasons.
I avoided using Disney princesses as well.

And while I could add more Toy Story characters, I think Buzz and Woody, plus Jessie, is sufficient.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
So I got bored, decided to make a roster for Super Smash Disney.

View attachment 23783

Mickey is supposed to be in his classic form, and he fights like Mario. Peter Pan and Tinker Bell are a tag team. Sully & Mike are also in a tag team. There's no icons for them, but Jessie, Kim Possible and Shego are also playable.

Zurg, Ham, Goofy, Pooh, Merida, Eve, and Davy Jones are Assist Trophies.

Suggestions?
Pooh should be playable. :(

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So I got bored, decided to make a roster for Super Smash Disney.

View attachment 23783

Mickey is supposed to be in his classic form, and he fights like Mario. Peter Pan and Tinker Bell are a tag team. Sully & Mike are also in a tag team. There's no icons for them, but Jessie, Kim Possible and Shego are also playable.

Zurg, Ham, Goofy, Pooh, Merida, Eve, and Davy Jones are Assist Trophies.

Suggestions?
Darth Vader.

Just sayin'.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace

Thank you random video in the captions thread for providing me with the only Ridley joke I'll ever find funny.
Git Gud Chrome, git gud.

Also...

What site did you use to make that so quick. (If it's that thing on the bottom right, it's too small to read)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Monado seems to stem from Monad, a term referring to a singular unit or entity (compare to Triad, a unit or entity in three parts). So I suppose the Monado is literally "The One Sword".

The prefix Xeno- means "other". Xenophobia is "fear of the other" (i.e. that which is different). Xenobiology is the study of the biology of non-Earth life; the alien from Alien is a Xenomorph (other-form).

So Xenosaga would be Other-saga, and Xenoblade would be Other-blade. Though this could also be transliterated as Alien-saga and Alien-blade.

-- excerpt from episode 06 of Etymological Fun with Sehnsucht
If you can figure out what my username means/says anything,that would be cool.
'Cause I'm curious myself.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Is the title of the thread some kind of subtle Ridley joke?

In poor taste mods. For shame.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Is the title of the thread some kind of subtle Ridley joke?

In poor taste mods. For shame.
What? Naaaa. It's just so people could stop asking why a new thread had to be made.

On an unrelated note, my king sized burger's a bit too big.

D

Deleted member

Git Gud Chrome, git gud.

Also...

What site did you use to make that so quick. (If it's that thing on the bottom right, it's too small to read)
I use Instagiffer. It's a program, not a website. The watermark on the gif is from the video.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul.

Oh my God, are you trying to get us all killed? Now everybody is going to get glued to that stream on the 12th untill All Star mode is unlocked.
No, the hype is just too strong. If they want to get glued until the All-Star mode is unlocked, it's fine.
I'll just watch the stream just for the gameplay and stuff.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Hey guys! I found a sturdy
bookbag for school that has built on speakers! That means I can walk into a room with Ghiarahim's theme playing! My life is now complete.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I wish next week comes faster than expected.

Time to watch the first live action Scooby Doo movie. :p
Lemme know if it hasn't aged well for you.

You can cry in my arms if it's too much.

Last edited:

Soul.

I'm going to be that guy begging for details on Shulk and Bowser.

Warning ahead of time.
I'll do the same thing as you...except that it'll be about Pikachu.
Those QACs need to be on this game.
Also, I found this on the Ice Climbers thread:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll do the same thing as you...except that it'll be about Pikachu.
Those QACs need to be on this game.
Also, I found this on the Ice Climbers thread:
HQ GEMATSU SHULK!!

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
So I just defeated the first boss in Pikmin 3, with barely any Pikmin left.

I swear, that boss battle was tough as hell. I did use a lot of Red Pikmin though, so I guess I'll remember that Red Pikmin don't really do much against the first boss. :p

That said, how's it going people?

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master

I swear, that boss battle was tough as hell. I did use a lot of Red Pikmin though, so I guess I'll remember that Red Pikmin don't really do much against the first boss. :p

Isn't that the lobster thing? Aren't you supposed to break its shell with Rock Pikmin?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

The first boss is actually one of the hardest. All the other bosses are actually easier. :p

D

Deleted member

Super Smash Bros. - Disney Edition? Change the name to Kingdom Hearts Smash and add the KH characters. :troll:

Soul.

And I was all ready to cry too, until that ending...
Duck Hunt "Dog" is a troll character who laughs at the character disconfirmations.
Maybe the character is being "cruel" to the Ice Climbers' disconfirmation....until DLC is a thing.

Last edited:

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
Isn't that the lobster thing? Aren't you supposed to break its shell with Rock Pikmin?
Yep, but my stupid self thought that Red Pikmin would work, lol. Now I know, if I ever do a replay, that I'll need to gather a lot of Rock Pikmin rather than gather a lot of Red Pikmin. :p

The first boss is actually one of the hardest. All the other bosses are actually easier. :p
Wow. Usually games save bosses like that until the very near end of the game...Sometimes, they might have bosses in the very middle of the game, but to have one of the toughest bosses at the beginning of the game would make you think beforehand that the bosses will only get tougher...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom