• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Casual mode makes Awakening too easy.
Well, most people that don't do casual reset if one of their unit dies anyway

What's the point in that?

Either live with the consequences or save time by doing casual

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Am I the only one who wants more bug characters in the Sonic universe instead of just Charmy? Having a new reptile like Lyric is the first step in the right direction on expanding Sonic's universe.
A least it's better than hedgehog 4.2

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Am I the only one who wants more bug characters in the Sonic universe instead of just Charmy? Having a new reptile like Lyric is the first step in the right direction on expanding Sonic's universe.
No you are not

Fake Sonic OC.jpg

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
On insects, does anyone know what the moth with the twelve inch proboscis is called/looks like?
I swear this thing exists.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Speaking of insects...does anyone know what the moth with a twelve inch proboscis is called/looks like?
I swear this thing actually exists.
Hummingbird Moth?

And speaking of arachnids from a few pages ago...
Where I live, we have these things.

On Pikmin, I think it should get one, but I'm not sure what.

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Speaking of insects...does anyone know what the moth with a twelve inch proboscis is called/looks like?
I swear this thing actually exists.
A-a-a--a wh-what!?!?!??

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Awakening would have been more challenging if the enemies could Pair Up. Don't get me wrong, it was an interesting mechanic, but having it exclusive to the player gives a cheap advantage and makes the game less focused on strategy.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
What's that? You say you want me to post my Ponified creation here for all to see? :troll:

(does it really bug (PUN) you that much? :p)
:c

(No, it's just I've already gotten rid of Barney and the other avatar that shall not be mentioned. The last thing I need is another avatar to be tormented with. Or being tormented by Cliff.)

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Awakening would have been more challenging if the enemies could Pair Up. Don't get me wrong, it was an interesting mechanic, but having it exclusive to the player gives a cheap advantage and makes the game less focused on strategy.
It also could have some cool character and story development for the villains

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hummingbird Moth?

And speaking of arachnids from a few pages ago...
Where I live, we have these things.

On Pikmin, I think it should get one, but I'm not sure what.
That's right, we need a spider in the Sonic universe that has the usual web slinging abilities a Spider-Man spider can. He could be a potential rival to Charmy and have four arms to complement his two arms. Sega really needs to be more creative with their character designs and species in future games anyway.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Why did you take the bet in the first place?
Was it for a gal?
You kissed a tarantula? That takes guts. If someone had asked me to, I would've ran away screaming.
It was for 50 dollars, a.k.a. Smash for 3DS. It was totally worth it, because the spider took revenge for me, I got the money to pre-order smash 4 3DS, and it helped me overcome my fears.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
They caught one of the people that was doing the "SWAT-ing" prank and he was sentenced to 25 years in prison - life

In case you don't know what "SWAT-ing" is, it's people that get your information off online games and then call the cops on you and make up some kind of story in order to have your house raided by the SWAT team.

http://www.nymeta.co/15-year-old-sw...estic-terrorism-25-years-life-federal-prison/
Jerk had that coming. That's way too ****ed up.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
From what I've seen, Lyric looks really generic.
It's an evil snake. "An ancient evil awakens" or something. 10/10 Best Character.

And they gave him arms, so they don't need to overwork their brains trying to think of a way to make a snake work in a boss battle.

Even Shadow was more original than him.
He was at least in a time where he whole "Dark version of the Hero" thing wasn't beaten to death yet.
Of course when they immediately brought him back for the next game after he died in the ending of SA2, and then gave him his own game, he became a laughingstock for how dark he tried to be.
"Damn! Not here!" "Where's that DAMN fourth Chaos Emerald?"

Sonic focuses too much on story nowadays. And while making that complicated story that ends up being boring, Sonic Team forgets to make sure the gameplay is fun.

One of the reasons Mario is a huge success is because it focuses on gameplay and innovation rather than story, even if that means we get the same "Peach gets captured" plot every time.

Sonic Generations barely had a story at all, and it was just about bringing all the great levels together. The biggest story element was that time demon thing, which was only there to justify the core aspect of the game.
And look how great that game turned out. It's the best modern Sonic game, hands down.
Instead of focusing on this huge story, they did a typical "Eggman takes over the world" plot, and focused on the gameplay and levels.

This even applies to Sonic Colors. Eggman tries to take power of these little alien things to take over the world. And like Generations, that's only their to justify the main gimmick of the game (the Wisps). Then once they made up the story in 10 minutes, they focused on the gameplay.

Sonic Team needs to wake up and realize they are making a platforming game, not some huge RPG epic. Then maybe I'll give them another chance.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I started playing Banjo-Kazooie... and I am now a part of the group that will curse Microsoft forever.
It's ok, you'll start cursing them out once you play Conker.

And then you'll cry yourself to sleep every night once you play Banjo-Tooie.

You get used to it by the time you play Jet Force Gemini.
I think this is the first time people want to keep a glitch in a game.
LittleBigPlanet is full of wonderful glitches that make the game infinitely better. They even turned an old glitch into an official feature in LBP3. And LBP was actually mentioned a bit ago, now I feel like starting a conversation about it. So hype for the third one.

Also, bugs? I only hate roaches, flies, and mosquitoes. I don't bother with most other bugs, but there are some I like. Those little ones that roll up in a ball were always fun to find when I was younger. And while not bugs, I do like spiders the most.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Hell yes, as annoying as the fight is I would love to see this thing as an AT. Maybe a Swooping/Bumbling Snitchbug as well, that picks up fighters, taking them away from the fight and then throwing them onto the ground. That'd be fun.

Would kind of like it if Pikmin got a stage boss as well, maybe a Snagret. I'd just love to see anything that gives Pikmin greater representation.
I love if Pikmin does get some more representation. I'm not that fond of the new rocketship item as it seems like a watered-down version of Olimar's FS (seriously there's so much other Pikmin things/items that you could use).

Smokey Progg is annoying, but he does spout that gold pearl once defeated = a lot of Pikmin (I believe Smokey Progg is optional too). The main reason I like that enemy a lot is that it seems like the opposite of a Mamuta (iirc, Olimar says it could be malformed one). Mamutas like flowers and will try to plant Pikmin into the ground if you're near, but doesn't do any damage (then they get flower heads! I think there could be a nice strategy going on if you abuse the Mamuta). Smokey Progg, however, uproots Pikmin in the ground, and can kill them. I also like Smokey Progg as I think it looks pretty cool. =P

But yeah, I'm fine with just about any Pikmin AT. :laugh: There's a lot of interesting ideas.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It's an evil snake. "An ancient evil awakens" or something. 10/10 Best Character.

And they gave him arms, so they don't need to overwork their brains trying to think of a way to make a snake work in a boss battle.

He was at least in a time where he whole "Dark version of the Hero" thing wasn't beaten to death yet.
Of course when they immediately brought him back for the next game after he died in the ending of SA2, and then gave him his own game, he became a laughingstock for how dark he tried to be.

Sonic focuses too much on story nowadays. And while making that complicated story that ends up being boring, Sonic Team forgets to make sure the gameplay is fun.

One of the reasons Mario is a huge success is because it focuses on gameplay and innovation rather than story, even if that means we get the same "Peach gets captured" plot every time.

Sonic Generations barely had a story at all, and it was just about bringing all the great levels together. The biggest story element was that time demon thing, which was only there to justify the core aspect of the game.
And look how great that game turned out. It's the best modern Sonic game, hands down.
Instead of focusing on this huge story, they did a typical "Eggman takes over the world" plot, and focused on the gameplay and levels.

This even applies to Sonic Colors. Eggman tries to take power of these little alien things to take over the world. And like Generations, that's only their to justify the main gimmick of the game (the Wisps). Then once they made up the story in 10 minutes, they focused on the gameplay.

Sonic Team needs to wake up and realize they are making a platforming game, not some huge RPG epic. Then maybe I'll give them another chance.
This. This guy knows what's up.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I made that snail character very quickly as a joke, yet somehow has more effort put in that REAL Sonic OC's

But while he's a joke I kind of like him.

There should really be a snail Sonic character

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Also regarding to this Lyric character, but it's one of those cases where I do like the design going on but it's ruined by how generic the character is handled. I hate it when that sort of thing happens.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion

It's a snake! Whoa it's a devil reference, zomg so cool. People will definitely like this! Let's just have him kidnap Amy and call it a day! Good work Sonic Team!
/sarcasm.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I love if Pikmin does get some more representation. I'm not that fond of the new rocketship item as it seems like a watered-down version of Olimar's FS (seriously there's so much other Pikmin things/items that you could use).

Smokey Progg is annoying, but he does spout that gold pearl once defeated = a lot of Pikmin (I believe Smokey Progg is optional too). The main reason I like that enemy a lot is that it seems like the opposite of a Mamuta (iirc, Olimar says it could be malformed one). Mamutas like flowers and will try to plant Pikmin into the ground if you're near, but doesn't do any damage (then they get flower heads! I think there could be a nice strategy going on if you abuse the Mamuta). Smokey Progg, however, uproots Pikmin in the ground, and can kill them. I also like Smokey Progg as I think it looks pretty cool. =P

But yeah, I'm fine with just about any Pikmin AT. :laugh: There's a lot of interesting ideas.
Yeah, the Smoky Progg is optional (and IIRC, is hard to come by as it won't appear after day 15 or so) and made for a really interesting creature, though one annoying to fight. Would've like to see them do more with it. I remember the first time I fought it, I saw the giant egg it's encased in, walked by it (I didn't bring out any Pikmin yet as I had just landed and wanted to scout the area more safely by myself first) then went straight back to the landing site when nothing happened. A few seconds later the site is suddenly ambushed by the giant green blob and my Pikmin start dying rapidly. A Swooping Snitchbug showed up and made things even more difficult. Once I finally beat it, I was upset after losing so many Pikmin and also having lost a lot of time that could've been put towards collecting ship parts, but the huge Pikmin reward I got from it's remains was a huge and splendid surprise.

Pikmin has so much Assist Trophy and boss potential....imagine a Titan Dweevil boss...other than that I wouldn't know where else to begin...

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
As posted on the Smash 4 Leaks social group...
Veterans (35):

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Wario
Mr. Game & Watch
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Pit
Marth
Ike
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Pikachu
Charizard
Lucario
Jigglypuff
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Ness
Captain Falcon
Olimar
Sonic

Newcomers (22):

Rosalina & Luma
Bowser Jr.
Palutena
Robin
Little Mac
Greninja
Duck Hunt
Mach Rider
Villager
Chorus Men
Wii Fit Trainer
Dixie Kong
Impa
Ridley
Dark Pit
Lucina
Shulk
Pac-Man
Mega Man
Mii Brawler
Mii Swordfighter
Mii Gunner

Returning (2):

Dr. Mario
Mewtwo

Cuts:

Lucas
Snake
Pokémon Trainer (as in, Squirtle and Ivysaur)
At this rate, I would love for this to be real.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
As posted on the Smash 4 Leaks social group...
Veterans (35):

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Wario
Mr. Game & Watch
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Pit
Marth
Ike
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Pikachu
Charizard
Lucario
Jigglypuff
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Ness
Captain Falcon
Olimar
Sonic

Newcomers (22):

Rosalina & Luma
Bowser Jr.
Palutena
Robin
Little Mac
Greninja
Duck Hunt
Mach Rider
Villager
Chorus Men
Wii Fit Trainer
Dixie Kong
Impa
Ridley
Dark Pit
Lucina
Shulk
Pac-Man
Mega Man
Mii Brawler
Mii Swordfighter
Mii Gunner

Returning (2):

Dr. Mario
Mewtwo

Cuts:

Lucas
Snake
Pokémon Trainer (as in, Squirtle and Ivysaur)

Last night.

It had over 2000 pages.
59 characters seems too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom