• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I was having trouble finding a unique "Nope nope nope" gif that wasn't the octopus, I figured that this gif was worth it.
Whaddya mean? There's tons of unique gifs. Here's a couple:

Even Shulk isn't feelin' it.

Fight fire with fire.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Yeah, I know. It would make attacks that autocancel harder to do because of the heavier gravity (like Pikachu's down air).
Although this seems hilarious in a way.
Whoever's making these videos must really hate Link.

Now just watch as Heavy Smash becomes the norm for competitive play.
That would be really sad if that happened. What's with people and having that one game, book, or film they hold so high up? Final Fantasy VII, Super Smash Bros. Melee, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Land - it's this, Super Mario World, or Super Mario Bros. 3 -, and Battlefield 2 to list some for games.

That third one though, I can't blame him since spiders are creepy as ****.
I think it's one of those "level spike" monsters that basically curbstomp you to tell you that's not where you should go or because developers like our pain.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Whoever's making these videos must really hate Link.

That would be really sad if that happened. What's with people and having that one game, book, or film they hold so high up? Final Fantasy VII, Super Smash Bros. Melee, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Land - it's this, Super Mario World, or Super Mario Bros. 3 -, and Battlefield 2 to list some for games.

I think it's one of those "level spike" monsters that basically curbstomp you to tell you that's not where you should go or because developers like our pain.
Don't forget Assassins Creed 2 :troll:

D

Deleted member

Is Sword Valley difficult?
I thought it was, but I was also kind of underleveled. So my strategy became;
  1. Attack group of enemies.
  2. Kill 1 or 2 enemies.
  3. Retreat.
  4. Repeat until entire force is defeated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I'm almost at the 600-Trophy Mark
I'm sure it won't be too long before I get 'em all~
*bubble bobble music*

D

Deleted member

Or Modern Warfare 2... Oh wait, that's because it was actually a good game and a good sequel. :p
Not going to lie, Modern Warfare 2 is a guilty pleasure of mine simply because of how bizarre the weapon balance was. I will never get sick of Thumper-ing my brothers in the face. also LMG + Desert Eagle + Last Stand + Martyrdom + C4 = Homura

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I thought it was, but I was also kind of underleveled. So my strategy became;
  1. Attack group of enemies.
  2. Kill 1 or 2 enemies.
  3. Retreat.
  4. Repeat until entire force is defeated.
So... Kiting basically. One guy actually solo'd Dragon Age: Inquisition on Nightmare just by kiting as an archer. Kiting's a valid tactic against AI.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I love solo'ing things I'm suppose to do in a group in WOW with my hunter

Hunters are the best class

D

Deleted member

Just refreshed the page.

WHAT THE **** IS THAT THING AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE?

I am not going to be sleeping tonight. Or ever.

EDIT: It's gone now phew

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkDespair5

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkDespair5
Just refreshed the page.

WHAT THE **** IS THAT THING AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE?

I am not going to be sleeping tonight. Or ever.
You could say that was a....sleeper agent. :cool:
I'll be here all night. But WOW that **** was disgusting, guro, really.....

D

Deleted member

What did I see at the top of the page? ...
Uh, no, not this again..

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Because when an idea works, people love it and want to see more of it.
This is stupid. Shouldn't we expand on the idea? Nope, gotta have the same old stuff... People just want a literal carbon-copy update of Final Fantasy VII and Melee. Oh, and when developers try to change up things, it's like they just killed thousands of kittens in front of them. REALLY? This is why I like Final Fantasy XIII, XII, and X because they changed the combat and I'm sure as hell going to like Type-0 and XV. Oh, but it's not a Final Fantasy game. Really? None of the Final Fantasy games stuck to one idea besides the theme of crystals.

Ratchet & Clank changed things up with "experimental" games: All 4 One and Full Frontal Assault which were decent at best games and bad Ratchet & Clank games, however, it's cool that Insomniac Games tried things out. Resistance was a cool concept, but it never interested me enough to play them. Still, the concept was cool since most shooters weren't and still aren't like Metro 2033, Resistance, and Spec Ops: The Line. Same with Fuse. Insomniac Games were stuck making Ratchet & Clank for years; give them a break if they only know how to make Ratchet & Clank games. Letting them try things out leads to stuff like Sunset Overdrive.

Core mechanic-wise, I can't say for Melee, but the fact that Melee and Brawl were horribly balanced and had like a fraction of the cast who were good, a fraction who were barely usable, and the rest were utter trash is something to mention when people say they want another Melee. Remember Ganondorf in Brawl?

I'd be cool for a game with Final Fantasy VII's mechanics where you could slot materia in weapons and stuff, but I'd rather not have FFVII especially with people whining about how everything Square Enix makes is ****. I'd be cool with a SSB game with Melee mechanics, but I do not want Melee's balancing.

Hell, people are complaining about how open Zelda Wii U is when they complained about how linear and locked in Skyward Sword was.

I hate people.

Kiting ruins so many action games. I mean you get away with so much BS by doing that, and it's boring as ****.
Kiting's mostly used in MMOs and RPGs which aren't really action-y, especially old ones since AI weren't good back then and kiting exploited the hell out of the games. The other thing is that RPGs are generally limited in what you can do. You can't dodge, jump, combo fast enough like in Devil May Cry to kill certain enemies at a low-level. So, kite, shoot some spells, kite again, and repeat. With some poorly-designed games, you are forced to kite to reliably win.

Baiting's another story since it's more like being a hunter or a predator who draws enemies away to murder them.

D

Deleted member

This is stupid. Shouldn't we expand on the idea? Nope, gotta have the same old stuff... People just want a literal carbon-copy update of Final Fantasy VII and Melee. Oh, and when developers try to change up things, it's like they just killed thousands of kittens in front of them. REALLY? This is why I like Final Fantasy XIII, XII, and X because they changed the combat and I'm sure as hell going to like Type-0 and XV. Oh, but it's not a Final Fantasy game. Really? None of the Final Fantasy games stuck to one idea besides the theme of crystals.

Ratchet & Clank changed things up with "experimental" games: All 4 One and Full Frontal Assault which were decent at best games and bad Ratchet & Clank games, however, it's cool that Insomniac Games tried things out. Resistance was a cool concept, but it never interested me enough to play them. Still, the concept was cool since most shooters weren't and still aren't like Metro 2033, Resistance, and Spec Ops: The Line. Same with Fuse. Insomniac Games were stuck making Ratchet & Clank for years; give them a break if they only know how to make Ratchet & Clank games. Letting them try things out leads to stuff like Sunset Overdrive.

Core mechanic-wise, I can't say for Melee, but the fact that Melee and Brawl were horribly balanced and had like a fraction of the cast who were good, a fraction who were barely usable, and the rest were utter trash is something to mention when people say they want another Melee. Remember Ganondorf in Brawl?

I'd be cool for a game with Final Fantasy VII's mechanics where you could slot materia in weapons and stuff, but I'd rather not have FFVII especially with people whining about how everything Square Enix makes is ****. I'd be cool with a SSB game with Melee mechanics, but I do not want Melee's balancing.

Hell, people are complaining about how open Zelda Wii U is when they complained about how linear and locked in Skyward Sword was.

I hate people.
Bonus points if they complain that something isn't different enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom