• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Oh how the mighty has fallen, given that he had the most controversial character change in the Boom universe. Like the fanbase, I'd rather have him as an edgy Sonic than a wannabe Vegeta that belittles friendship. :troll:
I'm surprised Shadow has a fanbase

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I ain't a big manga reader, but I've read the popular ones and one in particular is getting on my nerves : Fairy Tail.
Naruto at least has a somewhat good hero and at least has an objectif. Fairy Tail is just...horrible. Bad characters, bad themes, bad logic, awful excuses to create plot twist ect...
I could go on and on about this thing, but overall, I found it awful. And yet it's popular because "it's a bit like DBZ".
I thought it was more like Rave Master

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Naruto is just going to be milked forever and ever.

Soon, we'll get a series called Naruto GT, an original story done by an anime team. The plot: Naruto randomly turns into his child form, so his children go out on an adventure to find a cure to turn him back into an adult.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Naruto is just going to be milked forever and ever.

Soon, we'll get a series called Naruto GT, an original story done by an anime team. The plot: Naruto randomly turns into his child form, so his children go out on an adventure to find a cure to turn him back into an adult.
And they go collect 7 shurikens or the village will explode. And then a virus from space will infect Sasuke and it will go crazy. And stuff happens, Naruto turns into a semi fox with hair and stuff and he's not gold anymore.

Oh yeah, don't forget to destroy the series, that's important.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm surprised Shadow has a fanbase
You do know that guys like their edgier and badass anti-heroes, just like how fangirls love themselves a rival that's as cute as the hero so that they can pair them make fanfictions with them. :awesome:

Reala from Nights Into Dreams is also guilty of this trope.

Last edited:

Soul.

You do know that guys like their edgier and badass anti-heroes, just like how fangirls love themselves a rival that's as cute as the hero so that they can pair them make fanfictions with them. :awesome:
Ow the Edge has gotten edgier with every forthcoming Sonic game. Lmao. inb4 recolors

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Agreed. I don't know why they're continuing it.
Because it got a terrible fan base and the author is forced to continue his series no matter what.

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
All of this edgy talk. It makes me wonder;

what is actually edgy, not in a fake way like Shadow but actually is edgy?

except me of course

D

Deleted member

And they go collect 7 shurikens or the village will explode. And then a virus from space will infect Sasuke and it will go crazy. And stuff happens, Naruto turns into a semi fox with hair and stuff and he's not gold anymore.

Oh yeah, don't forget to destroy the series, that's important.

---

Because it got a terrible fan base and the author is forced to continue his series no matter what.
I don't know but I read that with AVGN's voice in my mind. :troll:
But seriously, I think the company behind Naruto just wants more or and more money. It's like.. uhh.. the japanese Johnny Test?

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I don't know but I read that with AVGN's voice in my mind. :troll:
But seriously, I think the company behind Naruto just wants more or and more money. It's like.. uhh.. the japanese Johnny Test?
I dunno, but right now, I want to rant about Fairy Tail for no reason.
Am I allowed to ? Will this even be useful to anyone here ? Does this thing has ever been read by someone here ?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
All of this edgy talk. It makes me wonder;

what is actually edgy, not in a fake way like Shadow but actually is edgy?

except me of course

From this image alone, you can tell that how similar Reala is to Shadow (Dark, swore at least once, wears red and black, ect.). Though he is even edgier than the likes of him IMO. He did threaten to kill off a child in the sequel, served the Lord of Nightmares himself, and is actually fine with the idea of killing his good natured "brother" (NiGHTS).

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I read fairy tail until a couple of years ago

I liked what I read because it was by the same author as Rave Master

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Am I allowed to ? Will this even be useful to anyone here ? Does this thing has ever been read by someone here ?
I will read your Rant while listing to the 1st magi opening
I read fairy tail until a couple of years ago

I liked what I read because it was by the same author as Rave Master
To bad its fanservice bait now

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

From this image alone, you can tell that how similar Reala is to Shadow (Dark, swore at least once, wears red and black, ect.). Though he is even edgier than the likes of him IMO. He did threaten to kill off a child in the sequel, served the Lord of Nightmares himself, and is actually fine with the idea of killing his good natured "brother" (NiGHTS).
I dunno why, but I actually like Reala for some reason, unlike shadow

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Moi.

I agree it's nothing special. Pretty much your standard shounen manga that goes on and on and on and still manages to be popular, especially in Japan.

I have considered dropping the series before, but I was like "eh, now that I've started this, might as well see how it ends", so I still follow the series.

Of course, I follow other, much better, manga, which always leave me with a bigger sense of anticipation.

Attack on Titan, Blue Exorcist, Magi, Assassination Classroom and Shokugeki no Soma are the 5 other manga I'm following besides Fairy Tail. And all of them better than FT.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Moi.

I agree it's nothing special. Pretty much your standard shounen manga that goes on and on and on and still manages to be popular, especially in Japan.

I have considered dropping the series before, but I was like "eh, now that I've started this, might as well see how it ends", so I still follow the series.

Of course, I follow other, much better, manga, which always leave me with a bigger sense of anticipation.

Attack on Titan, Blue Exorcist, Magi, Assassination Classroom and Shokugeki no Soma are the 5 other manga I'm following besides Fairy Tail. And all of them better than FT.
I dont read the manga of any show. I someone tile me to "read the manga" I would just go ok because.. why read the manga when Id rather WATCH the action. I'm willing to wait a long time.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I dunno why, but I actually like Reala for some reason, unlike shadow
I bet that you'll like him more after you hear his kickass theme (Which had been used in every NiGHTS game and the Sonic Lost World DLC).

Though the Journey of Dreams version is no slough either (Which is the exact same version used in the Deadly Six DLC).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I dont read the manga of any show. I someone tile me to "read the manga" I would just go ok because.. why read the manga when Id rather WATCH the action. I'm willing to wait a long time.
manga is almost always better

D

Deleted member

To be fair the manga tends to be better than the anime adaption most of the time.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
When you have cases where the anime adaptations have split endings because "lel we ran out of source material and we need to make an ending so let's half-ass this thing and call it a day".

Soul Eater and Blue Exorcist come to to mind.

Attack on Titan (and I think Magi as well) do things right by having prospects for new seasons. Last I checked, Magi has 2 seasons and Attack on Titan will have a new one in 2016.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
manga is almost always better
Almost. But still I'd rather watch, not read.
When you have cases where the anime adaptations have split endings because "lel we ran out of source material and we need to make an ending so let's half-*** this thing and call it a day".

Soul Eater and Blue Exorcist come to to mind.

Attack on Titan (and I think Magi as well) do things right by having prospects for new seasons. Last I checked, Magi has 2 seasons and Attack on Titan will have a new one in 2016.
yeah Magi has two and I'm willing to wait for the 3rd for however long it takes. I'm patent when It comes to that.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
All this talk about anime and manga reminded me of something...
:troll:
I'm going to hell for this.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
The core to all my problems lies in the fact that I let the world control me... instead of me controlling the world.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
It depends on the person and adaptation itself.

I personally prefer manga because I speed read everything and zip through multiple chapters and volumes a day when time's short (and I like to read the original works). Of course, I still take time to appreciate all the scenes and whatnot, but for some reason I prefer manga over anime... But when my fave manga do receive anime adaptations, I almost always watch the series because making an anime is a lot of work, and somethings it's really cool to see things animated. Plus, there's a lot of awesome things you could do with such visual media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom