• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Father/son bonding.

I think I've found the answer to the Ganondorf/Captain Falcon thing!

F-Zero takes place in a point in the Zelda timeline far ahead of any game thus far. Ganondorf, tired of being tied by fate to the losing side (aside from that one timeline branch he wins, obviously) defies his destiny and becomes Captain Falcon. Demise's hatred manifests itself into a new being and thus Black Shadow is born. For more meta, Black Shadow creates Blood Falcon to represent the evil that Falcondorf keeps locked away.

But what happened to Link, you may ask? Well, why do you think one of Falcon's biggest rivals is a kleptomaniac swordsman who's obsessed with defeating him?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Especially the one scene where Miji became a penis when the main guy was thinking about girls. :troll:

I'll be looking forward tho the upcoming anime adaption next month, especially because of its gruesomeness had attracted me in the past.
WTF!?

Can't you guys read normal manga... like how about a nice slice of life story, maybe some romance as well. Then again I've seen Gyo and once you're into that stuff, you cannot go back :troll:

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Good.
Now imagine the second battle with her.
I now have images of Bulbob Larvae with that girl's head stuck in my brain.

I don't know how, but I will find a way to get you back for this....

________

As long as we're talking about it, I still remember my first few encounters with the Empress on my first playthrough of Pikmin 2. I was pretty little when I first got it. I saw the giant sleeping worm thing and started attacking it....at it's side. After which the roll attack knocked Louie out and killed several Pikmin, and I fled the cave in a moment of panic.

I later came back, attacked it just from the front ant totally wrecked the darned thing. Being a young video game noob I was so proud of myself back then lol.

The second battle....there were so many freaking Larvae on my first walktrhough, began losing Pikmin rapidly, saw a whole bunch more coming and just went "Screw it" and left the cave without any treasure. I didn't know what was spawning them all until my second visit, after which I once again got my revenge on the Empress.

I even ended up skipping the third battle with her in the Hole of Heroes, again in a moment of panic as I had lost a lot of Pikmin and I was skipping out on most of the boss fights in that cave the first time anyway.

Ah, Pikmin....there's just a certain charm to the experience of learning a game that you miss just a little bit once you've figured everything out.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Love Space Dandy. Just watched the Rock 'n Roll episode of Season 2. 2 things:
  • Johnny Yong Bosch voicing a young wannabe rock star named Johnny.
  • LONELY NIGHTS!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
WTF!?

Can't you guys read normal manga... like how about a nice slice of life story, maybe some romance as well. Then again I've seen Gyo and once you're into that stuff, you cannot go back :troll:
Sorry, just in the mood for Halloween. I've read plenty of slice of lifes before like Sket Dance (a really fantastic one from Weekly Shonen Jump) and Azumanga Daioh! (Dat Tomo).

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Speaking about insects, I'm generally fine, unless they bite/sting/whatever. Like, if I see a wasp, I'm outta here! Butterflies and moths are my favourite. Praying mantises are pretty cool too. Dragonflies are cute, especially when they land on you.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They caught one of the people that was doing the "SWAT-ing" prank and he was sentenced to 25 years in prison - life

In case you don't know what "SWAT-ing" is, it's people that get your information off online games and then call the cops on you and make up some kind of story in order to have your house raided by the SWAT team.

http://www.nymeta.co/15-year-old-sw...estic-terrorism-25-years-life-federal-prison/

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
WTF!?

Parasyte had a lot of interesting themes in it. Aside from the occasional gross-out/horror shenanigans, there was a lot of philosophical mumbo-jumbo about transhumanism and Darwinism in there. The interplay between the main character and the organism Miiji was interesting, too. I'm a sucker for stories where the protag has a very interesting relationship with a more ambiguous character (love/hate, forced to cooperate/co-exist, etc).

Smooth Criminal

D

Deleted member

Speaking about insects, I'm generally fine, unless they bite/sting/whatever. Like, if I see a wasp, I'm outta here! Butterflies and moths are my favourite. Praying mantises are pretty cool too. Dragonflies are cute, especially when they land on you.
I'm kind of the same. Except when they're big and they fly and buzz around my face/ears. I don't care how harmless they are, that **** is ****in' freaky.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Sorry, just in the mood for Halloween. I've read plenty of slice of lifes before like Sket Dance (a really fantastic one from Weekly Shonen Jump) and Azumanga Daioh! (Dat Tomo).
It's fine. I was joking before too. I've read some horror manga before. Some being either disturbing or gruesome. My sister is a bigger fan of horror manga though. =P

I should mention that I am a fan of gore, but in moderation (some art that I've did for school has gore themes in them. Classmates probably thought I was insane :laugh:)

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There was this BEAUTIFUL red dragonfly I wanted to take a picture of at a time when I didn't have a camera

It's was perfectly posted and just sitting there, like it wanted me to take it's picture

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Bugs. I hate typos.
Ah.
I'm okay with a lot of bugs.

Crickets? I can chill with them.
Bees? Eh, I'll just leave them alone.
Flys? As long as I can't see them.

But cockroaches? God damn, get my some bug spray and a shoe.
If I see a cockroach anywhere near my current location, I will get someone to exorcise my house.

I hate them. I don't know why. But I HATE them.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Xenoblade chronicles. :3

Speaking of which, I have a dilemma.

To give Fioara the bikini top or not. It has such good stats but... >.>
I always dress all my characters in their underwear because it's really funny with all the serious cutscenes. But if it's your first playthrough you should wear regular clothes.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@ Kenith Kenith Cockroaches are among the most filthy animals to live in this planet. If you find roaches in your house, they likely came from the sewers.

But they're also among the most resilient living beings. They can survive under extreme conditions more than other species.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Dunban is the only male video game character that I know of that actually gets stronger with most of his clothes off. Fanservice, anyone? He's pretty damn good at it.

Ever since I told my boyfriend that fun fact, he wont let me live it down.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I got severely stung on my thumbs by an army of hornets after I had clogged their nest with my bubble gum during a football game. True story. :urg:

D

Deleted member

Ah.
I'm okay with a lot of bugs.

Crickets? I can chill with them.
Bees? Eh, I'll just leave them alone.
Flys? As long as I can't see them.

But cockroaches? God damn, get my some bug spray and a shoe.
If I see a cockroach anywhere near my current location, I will get someone to exorcise my house.

I hate them. I don't know why. But I HATE them.

Your worst nightmare?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
When it comes to bugs I mainly like Ladybugs, Grasshoppers, Crickets and Praying Mantises. Butterflies are really nice to watch fly about as well.

I hate Moths though. Mostly because they're the bug that most often manages to get in our house, even more often than Flies. Watching those things fly around in my face and around lights is a pain. They were especially problematic for a few years when we still had a rabbit as they were attracted to his hay feed and started nesting on various walls in the patio where he was kept.

Other than that ants can be fun to watch but they're a pain to deal with when they start swarming and nesting around the trash cans. We have quite a few spiders around here as well, including daddy long legs (usually inside the house, not a problem as they're harmless) brown widows, wolf spiders, black widows and very rarely, brown recluses.

We did an all-out Spider theme for Halloween once, calling our house "Spider Manor" so I guess it's kind of fitting that so many different spiders live around here. :p

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Dunban is the only male video game character that I know of that actually gets stronger with most of his clothes off. Fanservice, anyone? He's pretty damn good at it.

Ever since I told my boyfriend that fun fact, he wont let me live it down.
Lol.

Lozjam

Smash Champion

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
He should get in line. Link can breathe underwater using clothes. Can Dunban do that? I think not.

That looks like a Like-Like with legs.

Like.
Do you like the Like-Likes? I think it's likely to like Like-likes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom