• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If I can ever get my hands on Mega Man 2 I'll probably start there then. As for Fire Emblem I'll probably start with Awakening, which should be much easier seeing as how it's the newest game in the series.

Also:

I still have your hearts at the end of the day though :shades:
Do you know what I've turned into because of this heart theft?

I don't appreciate being a highly flexible emotionless alien-like thing you know...

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Then in that case I might as well use that last few seconds of my life to disrupt the mod-omb count. I'll be right back.
Heh, seems like I'll be messing with the Bob-omb count more than once today then ;)

Also:

I don't appreciate being a highly flexible emotionless alien-like thing you know...
Kingdom Hearts! I'll consider giving you yours back due to the reference...

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
If I can ever get my hands on Mega Man 2 I'll probably start there then. As for Fire Emblem I'll probably start with Awakening, which should be much easier seeing as how it's the newest game in the series.

Also:

Dude, I got MM2 for like $7.99 and it might be discounted on the Wii U due to the Capcom sale! Good luck finding Sacred Stones though!

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So I have about an hour of playtime so far on Xenoblade chronicles.

It's fun so far. Even if it has mostly just been looking for quests.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
List of games I seriously need to play:

Kid Icarus: Uprising
Xenoblade Chronicles
A Mega Man game
A Fire Emblem game
Punch-Out! Wii.

Ugh....there are so many games that I've been missing out on for years...
I need to play Xenoblade, Galaxy and DKCR during my break. Man I suck with these time managements.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
So I have about an hour of playtime so far on Xenoblade chronicles.

It's fun so far. Even if it has mostly just been looking for quests.
Hope you like getting distracted for 150+ hours.

Also, don't get wrecked by the Territorial Rotbart.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

So, I decided to chronicle my journey supporting Ghirahim. I put it in spoilers because it's pretty long. This is partially why I am not leaving.

Oh, Ghirahim, I will never forget what you taught me.

*Flashback to Summer 2012*.

Kenith had attempted to complete Zelda: Skyward Sword twice. However, the first attempt, he felt the task too difficult and mundane. After letting the game sit for a few months, however, he forgot why he left it, and decided to attempt it a second time. Unlike the first try, he managed to reach the end of the first dungeon. Kenith wondered what the first boss of the game would look like, assuming it would be some form of giant arachnid in true Zelda fashion.

Kenith entered the boss chamber and, to his surprise, encountered a man dressed in all white, and a crimson mantle, with stark white hair. He thought at first that this person was a woman, however, upon hearing his voice, realized he was not. Kenith watched in horror as the strange white-haired man revealed his name, Ghirahim, and removed his cloak, and prepared to fight the young player.
Kenith was disturbed by this man's effeminate design and revealing suit; it was a backwards world he had never seen before. Was this what homosexuals looked like in Hyrule? Defeating the fiend proved punishingly difficult, as he was not accustomed to the game's finicky motion controls. Nonetheless, he conquered the first boss of Skyward Sword, albeit within an inch of his life (as Ghirahim predicted), disturbed and frustrated.
Who was that man? Why did he have such a disturbing design?

Kenith pressed on, continuing his adventure. He had begun to enjoy the game he previously shamed, admiring the elaborate world and dungeon design, and the new items and all his abilities. The Demon Lord

Ghirahim, however, proved to be an unusually persistent foe. Unlike previous villains, he was an ever lasting presence. However, unlike the first encounter, visits from Ghirahim were often just banter, and they never fought. As such, Kenith had time to truly grasp the complexity of the Demon Lord's design. Kenith eventually began used to the strange enemy.
At last, Kenith reached the last stretch of Skyward Sword, the last dungeon...Ghirahim turned out to be the sword of the true villain of the game, Demise. The final battle with Demon King Demise was an epic one, one that Kenith barely survived. But he pulled through, and finally beat the most lengthy, autonomous, and frustrating Zelda game ever created.
---

*Fast forward to Summer 2013, a year after the defeat of Skyward Sword.*

Kenith was a huge fan of the Super Smash Bros. games. A collection of some of gaming's biggest icons, and more. The date of the official reveal of the new installment of the Super Smash Bros. series was drawing near, and Kenith could hardly contain the excitement.
Kenith pondered which new characters he would enjoy seeing in the new Smash Bros. He searched his memories for characters, but was at a loss for characters he liked that were not already included.
However, something occurred to Kenith. There was one character he did not realized he actually loved, one who, in his mind, would be a perfect fit, and one who is extremely likely to be included.

Ghirahim.

As this revelation occurred to Kenith, suddenly his every thought began to be consumed with this possibility. The possibility of seeing Ghirahim once again. What once disgusted him, now filled him with an uncontrollable joy and excitement.
On June 11th, the new Smash Bros. was announced, and speculation for the new game was at an all-time high. Kenith was not a social fellow, and did not care deeply about what others thought of Ghirahim. He knew what he wanted, and was certain he could get it. However, as time passed, and no news of Ghirahim in Super Smash Bros. surfaced, Kenith became antsy. He began scouring forums for other takes on his topic. To his horror, the people were divided. Some loathed Ghirahim, some loved him, but even more simply disregarded him completely.

Kenith wanted to discuss Ghirahim with these strange people, however, there was no one to talk to. He stumbled upon the forum, the Smash World Forums, coequally known as Smashboards. It was a gathering of people invested in Super Smash Bros, and, as to be expected, many had discussed Ghirahim in the past.
For the first time, Kenith registered with a forum, and took the title, "the Demon Lord Propagandist", and he quickly established his admiration for the Demon Lord.

---
In the harsh winds of the Roster Prediction Discussion Thread, Kenith's Ghirahim propaganda was met with lukewarm reception. Many were skeptical of his endeavors. For a few months, Kenith fought bravely to amass support for the Demon Lord. Soon, in late February, the Roster Prediction Discussion Thread was closed down due to misbehavior, leaving Kenith with nowhere to go. He searched the forums for a place to stay and discuss, and, to his delight, found a community of like-minded Demon Lord supporters in a thread dedicated to Ghirahim. Meanwhile, in the place of Roster Prediction Discussion Thread, a new speculation thread was born, titled the "Official Character Discussion Thread". Kenith returned to speculation in this thread, however, he found that he did not enjoy it as much as before, and thus started to drift away in search of other festivities.

Meanwhile, the official roster for the game slowly began to be revealed, piece by piece. As the intentions of the game director, Masahiro Sakurai, began to become clear. Kenith began to lose hope for Ghirahim.

Perhaps the detractors were right? Ghirahim is recent, and only hailing from one game. He doesn't have priority over other, more important characters.
Kenith abandoned his Demon Lord propaganda, and began to speculate in favour of an old favorite character of his, Midna, who did not appear in the previous Smash Bros. However, he could not keep his thoughts away from Ghirahim forever, and drifted away from Midna to support Ghirahim once again. Soon after, Midna was "disconfirmed" as an Assist Trophy.

Time passed. There was a drought in new information, and, by extension, speculation. Kenith spent a lot of time alone, as he once was. In this period, he had time to reflect his decisions. He realized how truly

far-fetched his goal had become. He returned to Smashboards regularly to partake in their festivities and healthy discussion, promoting Ghirahim the whole time. Deep down, however, his spirits were quite low.

Kenith never less his fellow speculators that he had befriended see his pain. For the last few months, Kenith thought, he would hold on to the little hope he had remaining, until he knew the truth.

Eventually, with less than one month until the release of the game, a mysterious leak of the character roster emerged. He found the selections preposterous, and thought it an elaborate hoax. However, others found

they could not disprove it, and thus, speculation was reborn. Kenith disliked the roster leak and tried to disprove it every chance he could. Eventually, he resigned to his own beliefs and decided to spend the

remaining days of speculating in peace.

Suddenly, however, something terrible happened. Demon Lord Ghirahim was disconfirmed...as an Assist Trophy. The moment Kenith saw this news, he could not believe it. Alas, it was true. All of his hard work and

support had been for naught. Kenith had felt that this would happen, but not at the peak of this new leak's reign.
All of the things Kenith had heard to try to put him and his propaganda down came back to him. He did not realize how much the truth really hurt. He was consumed with grief, a problem only worsened by the

resurgence of detractors cheering and boasting about how they knew he would never win.

Kenith was soundly defeated, two years in the making. Immediately, he decided to resign from speculation and Smashboards forever. However, when he went to leave, he could not find it in him to do so. Something

bound him to this crestfallen place. He remembered his journey, from aimlessly wandering the internet, to establishing an account on the Smash World Forums, to the making of friends, like-minded or otherwise.
Kenith realized that none of these accomplishments ever would have occurred without Ghirahim. When Ghirahim was disconfirmed, many came to his aid. Even though he lost in the end, he gained much from this

experience.

Kenith gave a silent thanks to Ghirahim, who had gone from a weirdo from a game he did not enjoy, to his drive and purpose. He decided to remain on Smashboards until the end of speculation to enjoy the

company of his new home.

~Fin

Warning: Feels.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Who's the second one? Roy?
Yep. And although I'm not holding my breath for Smash 4, glad to see him in Project M!

Robin confirmed for scrapped next time, you heard it here folks.
RIP Robin, we hardly knew ye.

Seriously, though. I don't know who will be my main this time. WFT, Robin, and Shulk looks interesting to me, but we'll have to see. I really need to like a character's moveset and gameplay to decide.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Dude, I got MM2 for like $7.99 and it might be discounted on the Wii U due to the Capcom sale! Good luck finding Sacred Stones though!
Definitely gonna have to try and get it, once I get some more of my Wii U's online features up and running.

And thanks. Don't know how I'll be able to get any of the older Fire Emblem games...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Honestly I can see Robin staying in the next one and Lucina being sadly replaced.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Honestly I can see Robin staying in the next one and Lucina being sadly replaced.
Twas' a joke on my part, because apparently anything Croph mains gets scrapped.

@ Sarki Soliloquy Sarki Soliloquy

I'm also interested in Guilty Gear Xrd and Persona 5 for the Playstation 3. Plus Little Big Planet 3 for best waifu Swoop.

Do you have a main planned for the former or what?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

I'm also interested in Guilty Gear Xrd and Persona 5 for the Playstation 3. Plus Little Big Planet 3 for best waifu Swoop.

Ah well... fair enough I guess.

Lozjam

Smash Champion

So, I decided to chronicle my journey supporting Ghirahim. I put it in spoilers because it's pretty long. This is partially why I am not leaving.

Oh, Ghirahim, I will never forget what you taught me.

*Flashback to Summer 2012*.

Kenith had attempted to complete Zelda: Skyward Sword twice. However, the first attempt, he felt the task too difficult and mundane. After letting the game sit for a few months, however, he forgot why he left it, and decided to attempt it a second time. Unlike the first try, he managed to reach the end of the first dungeon. Kenith wondered what the first boss of the game would look like, assuming it would be some form of giant arachnid in true Zelda fashion.

Kenith entered the boss chamber and, to his surprise, encountered a man dressed in all white, and a crimson mantle, with stark white hair. He thought at first that this person was a woman, however, upon hearing his voice, realized he was not. Kenith watched in horror as the strange white-haired man revealed his name, Ghirahim, and removed his cloak, and prepared to fight the young player.
Kenith was disturbed by this man's effeminate design and revealing suit; it was a backwards world he had never seen before. Was this what homosexuals looked like in Hyrule? Defeating the fiend proved punishingly difficult, as he was not accustomed to the game's finicky motion controls. Nonetheless, he conquered the first boss of Skyward Sword, albeit within an inch of his life (as Ghirahim predicted), disturbed and frustrated.
Who was that man? Why did he have such a disturbing design?

Kenith pressed on, continuing his adventure. He had begun to enjoy the game he previously shamed, admiring the elaborate world and dungeon design, and the new items and all his abilities. The Demon Lord

Ghirahim, however, proved to be an unusually persistent foe. Unlike previous villains, he was an ever lasting presence. However, unlike the first encounter, visits from Ghirahim were often just banter, and they never fought. As such, Kenith had time to truly grasp the complexity of the Demon Lord's design. Kenith eventually began used to the strange enemy.
At last, Kenith reached the last stretch of Skyward Sword, the last dungeon...Ghirahim turned out to be the sword of the true villain of the game, Demise. The final battle with Demon King Demise was an epic one, one that Kenith barely survived. But he pulled through, and finally beat the most lengthy, autonomous, and frustrating Zelda game ever created.
---

*Fast forward to Summer 2013, a year after the defeat of Skyward Sword.*

Kenith was a huge fan of the Super Smash Bros. games. A collection of some of gaming's biggest icons, and more. The date of the official reveal of the new installment of the Super Smash Bros. series was drawing near, and Kenith could hardly contain the excitement.
Kenith pondered which new characters he would enjoy seeing in the new Smash Bros. He searched his memories for characters, but was at a loss for characters he liked that were not already included.
However, something occurred to Kenith. There was one character he did not realized he actually loved, one who, in his mind, would be a perfect fit, and one who is extremely likely to be included.

Ghirahim.

As this revelation occurred to Kenith, suddenly his every thought began to be consumed with this possibility. The possibility of seeing Ghirahim once again. What once disgusted him, now filled him with an uncontrollable joy and excitement.
On June 11th, the new Smash Bros. was announced, and speculation for the new game was at an all-time high. Kenith was not a social fellow, and did not care deeply about what others thought of Ghirahim. He knew what he wanted, and was certain he could get it. However, as time passed, and no news of Ghirahim in Super Smash Bros. surfaced, Kenith became antsy. He began scouring forums for other takes on his topic. To his horror, the people were divided. Some loathed Ghirahim, some loved him, but even more simply disregarded him completely.

Kenith wanted to discuss Ghirahim with these strange people, however, there was no one to talk to. He stumbled upon the forum, the Smash World Forums, coequally known as Smashboards. It was a gathering of people invested in Super Smash Bros, and, as to be expected, many had discussed Ghirahim in the past.
For the first time, Kenith registered with a forum, and took the title, "the Demon Lord Propagandist", and he quickly established his admiration for the Demon Lord.

---
In the harsh winds of the Roster Prediction Discussion Thread, Kenith's Ghirahim propaganda was met with lukewarm reception. Many were skeptical of his endeavors. For a few months, Kenith fought bravely to amass support for the Demon Lord. Soon, in late February, the Roster Prediction Discussion Thread was closed down due to misbehavior, leaving Kenith with nowhere to go. He searched the forums for a place to stay and discuss, and, to his delight, found a community of like-minded Demon Lord supporters in a thread dedicated to Ghirahim. Meanwhile, in the place of Roster Prediction Discussion Thread, a new speculation thread was born, titled the "Official Character Discussion Thread". Kenith returned to speculation in this thread, however, he found that he did not enjoy it as much as before, and thus started to drift away in search of other festivities.

Meanwhile, the official roster for the game slowly began to be revealed, piece by piece. As the intentions of the game director, Masahiro Sakurai, began to become clear. Kenith began to lose hope for Ghirahim.

Perhaps the detractors were right? Ghirahim is recent, and only hailing from one game. He doesn't have priority over other, more important characters.
Kenith abandoned his Demon Lord propaganda, and began to speculate in favour of an old favorite character of his, Midna, who did not appear in the previous Smash Bros. However, he could not keep his thoughts away from Ghirahim forever, and drifted away from Midna to support Ghirahim once again. Soon after, Midna was "disconfirmed" as an Assist Trophy.

Time passed. There was a drought in new information, and, by extension, speculation. Kenith spent a lot of time alone, as he once was. In this period, he had time to reflect his decisions. He realized how truly

far-fetched his goal had become. He returned to Smashboards regularly to partake in their festivities and healthy discussion, promoting Ghirahim the whole time. Deep down, however, his spirits were quite low.

Kenith never less his fellow speculators that he had befriended see his pain. For the last few months, Kenith thought, he would hold on to the little hope he had remaining, until he knew the truth.

Eventually, with less than one month until the release of the game, a mysterious leak of the character roster emerged. He found the selections preposterous, and thought it an elaborate hoax. However, others found

they could not disprove it, and thus, speculation was reborn. Kenith disliked the roster leak and tried to disprove it every chance he could. Eventually, he resigned to his own beliefs and decided to spend the

remaining days of speculating in peace.

Suddenly, however, something terrible happened. Demon Lord Ghirahim was disconfirmed...as an Assist Trophy. The moment Kenith saw this news, he could not believe it. Alas, it was true. All of his hard work and

support had been for naught. Kenith had felt that this would happen, but not at the peak of this new leak's reign.
All of the things Kenith had heard to try to put him and his propaganda down came back to him. He did not realize how much the truth really hurt. He was consumed with grief, a problem only worsened by the

resurgence of detractors cheering and boasting about how they knew he would never win.

Kenith was soundly defeated, two years in the making. Immediately, he decided to resign from speculation and Smashboards forever. However, when he went to leave, he could not find it in him to do so. Something

bound him to this crestfallen place. He remembered his journey, from aimlessly wandering the internet, to establishing an account on the Smash World Forums, to the making of friends, like-minded or otherwise.
Kenith realized that none of these accomplishments ever would have occurred without Ghirahim. When Ghirahim was disconfirmed, many came to his aid. Even though he lost in the end, he gained much from this

experience.

Kenith gave a silent thanks to Ghirahim, who had gone from a weirdo from a game he did not enjoy, to his drive and purpose. He decided to remain on Smashboards until the end of speculation to enjoy the

company of his new home.

~Fin

Warning: Feels.
I'm glad you're still here Ken. I have made my peace with the roster. I am glad you have too.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Watch as it turns out that Lucina gets in and not Robin in the next Smash game.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion

Godsdamn, I forgot about Little Big Planet 3! That charming little platformer series looks right up my alley. Toggle!

Hmmm, mind you I've only played Guilty Gear X2 on Xbox 360 a couple of years ago. I'll probably try to grasp Sol Badguy at first then toy around with the rest of the cast till i stick to someone. I got back into BlazBlue Continuum Shift I and I am surprised how much more competent I am at the game now than I was. I finally kicked Unlimited Hazama's ass with Ragna in Arcade, so that was a feat for me.

I actually never played a Persona game before, but the MegaTen series always intrigued me. What does Persona feel like after playing it?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
And then watch as both are cut and Roy is back in.
Ew no.

Or both of the get in and Lucina is decloned.
And Ganondorf still fights like Captain Falcon.
Which is pretty much a running gag at this point. I hold to my belief that Ganondorf is Captain Falcon's father, and that the former is trying to act like him in order to reconnect with his son.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Franken Fran, the only manga that manages to be as gruesome as Parasyte and Attack on Titan while having a good amount of great laughs. I like how there's never always a happy ending for most of the minor characters involved with Fran since it reminds me of my all time favorite R.L. Stine books. She'll definitely be my new avatar by next week because of how morally ambiguous she is, like a certain unkillable teacher. :troll:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Father/son bonding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom