• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Since they closed my topic because... Well, because mods are a bunch of butthurt fanboys I guess? I decided to explain in detail why this game is the perfect example to explain why "Quality > Quantity".
Lemme start by saying that the basic gameplay of this game is sheer perfection. Multiplayer is the funniest thing produced this year and ****s even on Mario Kart 8. If you have a friend or two, or enjoy playing online, this game is virtually immortal till the next Smash Bros. comes out. Simply perfect.
The rest of the game though, is pure, absolute, disgusting ****. Nothing works when you're playing alone, and I'll break the game down for all of you.

- Returning modes (Classic, All-Star, Home Run Contest, Multi Man Melee). They're the same boring **** they ever were. I still have to understand the reason to have them in the game except Classic. All-Star is the definition of boredom and repetitiveness. Classic tries to do something different but no, it's boring. Like it always was. The problem is, you have to play them at least 102 times in total to collect the unlockables. The game literally forces you to play them.
- Stage Editor. Yeah it's returning but goddamn this **** deserves a spot on his own. Yeah it has a big effect when it's first shown to you right? Then you try it and realize it's even more limited than the Brawl one was. Not only the GamePad is un-responsive while drawing the stage, you have like 3 hazards you can put there, and five backgrounds. FIVE. Pathetic. It's nice to see the recreation of all those retro stages. They still look like **** and I'll never play Gamexplain's Hyrule Castle instead of an actual stage of the game, sorry.
- Smash Tour. It's an absolute mess. It is legitimately laughable. You can tell Sakurai developed this in like a month or two maybe. It's not even fun honestly, and has zero strategy to it. It's just a flashy thing that seemed good on the Direct like the Stage Builder, but revealed itself as a boring, uninspired cluster****. Oh and it has 3 boards. THREE. ayy lmao
- Event Mode. Probably the best one out of all this, but still... The potential it missed is incredible. I created a topic with event modes which are legitimately more interesting than any of the official ones here. But at least they're kind of functional. A couple of them have a difficulty spike which is only frustrating but well, it's decent.
- Target Blast. **** this Angry Birds rip-off Jesus Christ
- Challenges. Apparently, Sakurai's idea of "fun" and "challenging" equals to "frustrating" and "broken". Get a score between 500 and 505 metres in Home Run Contest: yeah that's an half hour wasted which I'll never get back. Get 8 kills in cruel mode with Lucina: literally the only way to do this is to cheat. You can literally tell that Sakurai didn't actually try to do that challenge in a legit way because it's impossible. The reason challenges exist is not to give the player rewarding, fun experiences with the game, but to force completionists to put themselves through every single ****ty mode in the game. I understand that Sakurai hates Smash Bros. fanboys but this is too much.

The grinding in the game is out-right anti-consumer. Yep it is. That's not how to make a game lengthy, Sakurai. Especially when I just did that like two months ago on 3DS and I can't transfer it all on WiiU. But I guess I'm just lazy, right?

Honestly if the game was only the multiplayer part, it would be a strong 10/10 for me. But you have to judge the whole package, and the whole package it's massive, but full of ****. You have to dig with your own hands in a mountain of **** to get to the gold. Throwing stuff, modes and content into a game doesn't make it better. It just makes it bigger. And Smash Bros. 4 is a pot of gold drowned in a steaming pile of diarrhea. You have no idea how much it hurts for me to admit this. It was literally the most anticipated media related thing this year for me. And it's disappointing as hell. It makes me want Subspace Emissary back. YES, SUBSPACE EMISSARY WAS BETTER THAN ALL THIS CRAP. At least it was kind of fun.

At this point I just hope the next Smash Bros. is made by a wiser person. It is, maybe, time for Sakurai to step down. The game transpires his own frustration while developing it on the players' heads. He is a great developer but he lost the right direction. The original Smash Bros.: a bunch of characters, a bunch of stages, a couple of well developed modes, and that's it. But I already know that Smash Bros. 5, when it'll come out in 2020 on the next system, will still have the same achievement to unlock related to Home Run Contest, the same boring stuff that the franchise keeps alive since 2001.
Creating threads for the sole purpose to rant isn't welcome here. As for who locked the thread, it was none other than yours truly and that was after the thread became nothing but a petty flame war.

There are people who like event matches, All-Star and the rest of the single player content. It's not for everyone, but you can say that about pretty much everything related to personal preferences.

That said, no one cares if you don't like the game (or the 3DS version as your signature eloquently puts it). As you rant about the game, there's probably a ton of people enjoying the game, one version or another.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Might as well.
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4bowserjr::rosalina::4drmario:: All the 2d and 3d games starting with New. Super Mario Bros. and 64 DS. Mario Kart DS and continuing, Mario Party 8, Mario Sports Mix, Mario Sluggers, and a bunch more.
:4link::4zelda::4tlink::4ganondorf::4sheik:: I only recently started with Wind Waker HD and Links Between Worlds. Also got the original.
:4samus::4zss:: Super Metroid.... and I'm stuck somewhere :/
:4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede:: My favorite series. I got RTDL, Epic Yarn, Mass Attack, Dream Collection, which includes the first 6 games, Amazing Mirror and Pinball Land
:4pikachu::4lucario::4charizard::4jigglypuff::4greninja:: i wanted to get into it but I only got X.
:4dk::4diddy:: Tropical Freeze.Note: Mario games including Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and Wario do not count.
:4yoshi:: Island DS but I honestly don't like it and didn't finish it.Oh and Yoshi NES.
:4littlemac:: NES version
:4pit::4palutena::4darkpit:: Uprising and 3D NES classic.
:4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina:: Awakening
:4olimar::4alph:: Pikmin 2 and 3. My sister is addicted to the series.
:4rob:: Umm... Mario Kart?
:4villager:: New Leaf but for some reason the cartridge doesn't work anymore.... ;(
:4falcon:: F-Zero SNES
:4ness:: Earthbound. Best Game Ever.
:4wiifit:: Wii Fit
:4sonic::Colors, Generations 3ds, Winter Olympics, and Lost Worlds
:4megaman:: 2 and 6
:4pacman::.... Pac-Man?
:4mii:: Wii Sports, Party, Party U, Tomodachi Life, games mentioned that involved Miis.
Never played games of :4fox::4falco::4duckhunt::4shulk::4gaw::4wario:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Creating threads for the sole purpose to rant isn't welcome here. As for who locked the thread, it was none other than yours truly and that was after the thread became nothing but a petty flame war.

There are people who like event matches, All-Star and the rest of the single player content. It's not for everyone, but you can say that about pretty much everything related to personal preferences.

That said, no one cares if you don't like the game (or the 3DS version as your signature eloquently puts it). As you rant about the game, there's probably a ton of people enjoying the game, one version or another.
Cool. Then any criticism regarding anything shouldn't exist. People complain about Assassin's Creed Unity? **** them there's people who like that ****!
You don't get anything by saying "No one cares about your opinion." (a couple of likes maybe?). You just sound like an ass and a fanboy, which you probably are anyway.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Cool. Then any criticism regarding anything shouldn't exist. People complain about Assassin's Creed Unity? **** them there's people who like that ****!
You don't get anything by saying "No one cares about your opinion." (a couple of likes maybe?). You just sound like an *** and a fanboy, which you probably are anyway.
This is going to end well...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You don't get anything by saying "No one cares about your opinion." (a couple of likes maybe?). You just sound like an *** and a fanboy, which you probably are anyway.
*shrugs* Like I said, I don't care.

I merely like the game as it is. Could it be better? Yeah. You can always say that about anything. Perfection is but an utopia. Something you can get close to, but never truly reach.

Also, giving an opinion =/= rant. The first is much more taken seriously than the latter.

And you can't compare a buggy mess of a game with a well-polished game just because you don't like the single player mode. Fighting games have never been that big on single player and most of Smash's modes can be played on co-op.

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
*shrugs* Like I said, I don't care.

I merely like the game as it is. Could it be better? Yeah. You can always say that about anything. Perfection is but an utopia. Something you can get close to, but never truly reach.

Also, giving an opinion =/= rant. The first is much more taken seriously than the latter.
It's not a rant. It's simply easier to get the point across if I say "X thing is ****" instead than "X thing is pretty undeveloped, boring and possibly boring". It's not like I don't explain why they are.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
There should be something on the site that can return you to existence. Like maybe an escape link or a big warning when you've just obliviously been clinking links for 50 hours straight.
There's no escape!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
TV Tropes in a nutshell

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's not a rant. It's simply easier to get the point across if I say "X thing is ****" instead than "X thing is pretty undeveloped, boring and possibly boring". It's not like I don't explain why they are.
Trust me, the way you word your opinions does have an effect on how other people see what you want to say.

Most of the time, your opinions do come across as rants. It's all about choice of words. Psychology isn't exactly my field of expertise, but I know a thing or two...

And everything you said about the game is just an opinion. Don't expect to be seen as right or wrong. People will either agree or disagree.

And you won't be taken seriously if you insult people who disagree with you as "fanboys". Argumentum ad hominem, a logical fallacy that deteriorates the quality of one's argumentation...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Trust me, the way you word your opinions does have an effect on how other people see what you want to say.

Most of the time, your opinions do come across as rants. It's all about choice of words. Psychology isn't exactly my field of expertise, but I know a thing or two...

And everything you said about the game is just an opinion. Don't expect to be seen as right or wrong. People will either agree or disagree.

And you won't be taken seriously if you insult people who disagree with you as "fanboys". Argumentum ad hominem, a logical fallacy that deteriorates the quality of one's argumentation...
I'll say this again. Its funny how no one ignores trouble makers in the world anymore.

Relevant to the current state in the thread for VARIOUS reasons.
I'll take that gif, thanks

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I swear, everytime I need a KO move, I can't seem to land it. :mad:
after playing Smash 4 for a week and then looking at pictures of Brawl, I see how icky brawls textures look
I agree, though I think Peach looks better in Brawl.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom