• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Which Smash characters have appeared in other non-Smash games you own?

Mine:
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::rosalina::4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig::4dk::4diddy::4wario: (Several Mario games and several Mario spin-offs, as well as Yoshi, Wario Land and WarioWare games. Never played Dr. Mario, though.)
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink: (I own almost all games of the series, so yeah.)
:4samus::4zss: (Metroid Prime 3, Metroid Prime: Hunters, Metroid: Other M)
:4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede: (Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land, which is actually the only Kirby game I own.)
:4pikachu::pt::4charizard::ivysaur::squirtle::4jigglypuff::4lucario::4greninja::mewtwomelee::pichumelee: (Played each generation's main titles, so yeah.)
:4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::roymelee: (Two games: Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Fire Emblem: Awakening.)
:4gaw: (Game & Watch Gallery 4 on the GBA! I actually knew this guy before getting into the Smash series.)
:4pit::4palutena::4darkpit: (Kid Icarus: Uprising. And I've also played the 3D Classics remaster of the NES game.)
:4olimar: (Pikmin 2! It's also the only Pikmin game I have played.)
:4mii: (I've played Wii Sports, after all.)
:4sonic: (I do own several Sonic titles... But I've long stopped buying them.)
:4pacman: (Don't own any Pac-Man game, but come on, who hasn't played the original Pac-Man?)
You've only played one kirby game? You should try more, they're pretty good.
As for me: The only characters that I don't own games of are
:4darkpit::4duckhunt::4falco::4fox::4villager:and:4palutena:

Last edited:

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::rosalina::4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig::4dk::4diddy::4wario: (Several Mario games and several Mario spin-offs, as well as Yoshi, Wario Land and WarioWare games. Never played Dr. Mario, though.)
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink: (I own almost all games of the series, so yeah.)
:4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede: (Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land, which is actually the only Kirby game I own.)
:4pikachu::pt::4charizard::ivysaur::squirtle::4jigglypuff::4lucario::4greninja::mewtwomelee::pichumelee: (Played each generation's main titles, so yeah.)
:4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::roymelee: (Two games: Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Fire Emblem: Awakening.)
:4gaw: (Game & Watch Gallery 4 on the GBA! I actually knew this guy before getting into the Smash series.)
:4pit::4palutena::4darkpit: (Kid Icarus: Uprising. And I've also played the 3D Classics remaster of the NES game.)
:4pacman: (Don't own any Pac-Man game, but come on, who hasn't played the original Pac-Man?)
I've played on most of the characters' games. Only exceptions would be Mr Game and Watch, Roy, Lucas, Snake and Duck Hunt. Mainly because of reasons, Snake being non Nintendo, and a couple were 'before my time' so to speak, though after how much I loved Earthbound earlier this year, I will get round to emulating Mother 3 soon.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
Wow this year has been an overall "Meh." in gaming. Almost every major triple A game has gotten a sigh from reviewers and the community. I really hope this means we won't stand for this same **** over again next year.

But as long as the drones people keep buying those games, they'll keep funneling them out every year.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
@ Frostwraith Frostwraith
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::rosalina::4bowserjr::4yoshi::4wario: - Several Mario games.
:4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig: - Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga and Mario Kart 8.
:4dk::4diddy: - One of the Game Boy games. I think it was Donkey Kong Land 3. My brother owns both Donkey Kong Country Returns games.
:4tlink: - Wind Waker HD. I don't own any other Zelda-game, come at me, bro.
:4kirby::4dedede: - Dream Land 1 and 2.
:4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4lucario::mewtwomelee::4charizard::ivysaur::squirtle::pt::pichumelee::4greninja: - Really need explanation?
:4pit::4palutena::4darkpit: - Uprising
:4marth: - Shadow Dragon
:4robinm::4lucina: - Awakening
:4littlemac:- The Wii one.
:4duckhunt: - Used to own it.
:popo: - Used to own it.
:4falcon: - GX.
:4samus: - Hunters.
:4mii: - Sports and Sports Resort.
:4wiifit::4wiifitm: - Wii Fit.
:4fox::4falco::wolf: - Every game after the N64 one.
(:4pacman::4sonic:) - Have played their first games, but never owned it.
(:4villager:) - Have played a game, but never owned it.

So I don't own games of :4drmario::4ganondorf::4gaw::4myfriends::roymelee:(if you don't count Awakening):4megaman::4metaknight::4ness::4olimar::4pacman::4rob::4sheik::4shulk::4sonic::4villager::4zelda::4zss::snake::lucas:.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I think Kirby's Return to Dreamland was better than Triple Deluxe. It had a sense of charm that Triple Deluxe lacked. Also, Hypernova Kirby was completely pointless.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
:4mario::4luigi::4bowser::4peach::4bowserjr:(Koopalings):4drmario::4yoshi:(NSMB 1+2, SM64DS, Dr. Mario GB, SMB 1/2/3, SML2, MKDS/7, Tennis Open)
:4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja:(Pokemon Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen/Pearl/Platinum/White/Black 2/X/Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
:4megaman:(Megaman 1-6, Xtreme)
:4sonic:(Sonic Advance 3, Classic Collection, Game Gear Sonic 1/2, Blast)
:4wario2:(Mario, Wario Ware D.I.Y, Wario Land 1/2/3)
:4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight:(Dreamland 1/2, Adventure, Super Star Ultra)
:4link::4zelda::4ganondorf:(Oracle of Time/Ages, Awakening DX, Zelda 1)
:4samus:(Metroid, Metroid 2)
:4mii:(MK7, Tennis Open)
:4dk::4diddy:(DK1 GBA, Donkey Kong GB)
:4pit::4palutena::4darkpit:(Of Myths and Monsters, KI:U)
:4pacman:(Pac-Man NES)
:4villager:(New Leaf)
:4gaw:(G&W Gallery 2)

Mrkaoz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrkaoz
Wow this year has been an overall "Meh." in gaming. Almost every major triple A game has gotten a sigh from reviewers and the community. I really hope this means we won't stand for this same **** over again next year.

But as long as the drones people keep buying those games, they'll keep funneling them out every year.
I have to say that Shadow of Mordor was a really good game.

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
@ Frostwraith Frostwraith Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land is one of my favorite Kirby games. You should definitely check out more Kirby games while you're at it!
Nightmare in Dreamland might not be my favorite Kirby game, but it definitely had the best commercial:
Superstar is my favorite btw.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
All the Smash character's series I've played

:4bowser::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig::4mario::4peach: Super Mario Bros 3/Super Mario World
:4yoshi: Yoshi's Island/Story/DS
:4charizard::4pikachu::4jigglypuff: Gen I
:4darkpit::4palutena::4pit: Kid Icarus Uprising
:4dedede::4kirby::4metaknight: Kirby Super Star
:4dk::4diddy:Every Donkey Kong Country game
:4drmario:Does Dr Luigi count?
:4fox::4falco: Star Fox 64
:4ganondorf::4link::4zelda::4sheik:A lot
:4greninja:Gen V
:4littlemac:NES Punch Out
:4lucina::4robinm::4robinf:Fire Emblem Awakening
:4luigi:Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
:4megaman:Mega Man 2/6/X/Battle Network 3-6
:4mii::4miif:Wii Sports
:4ness:Mother 2/3
:4alph:Pikmin 3
:4pacman:Pac Man
:4samus:Super Metroid
:4sonic:Genesis Sonic & Sonic Adventure 2
:4tlink:Wind Waker HD
:4villager::4villagerf:Animal Crossing New Leaf
:4wiifit::4wiifitm:Wii Fit U
:4zss:Metroid Fusion

The only characters who's games I haven't originally played are :4falcon::4duckhunt::4myfriends::4lucario:(Gen IV):4marth::4olimar:(Pikmin 1 & 2) :4rob: :rosalina:(Galaxy series):4shulk:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not counting Smash I own some Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Mega Man, Kirby, Pokemon and Sonic games. I don't have any Pac-Man games on me, but I've played a couple. Same goes for Star Fox.

This reminds me that I've still got a list of a couple games I plan on getting.

- Mega Man X Collection(I've been trying to find a Gamecube one on Amazon or E-Bay)

- Metroid Prime 2(I have Prime 1 and Hunters. Prime 1 is my favorite overall, but the Multiplayer in Prime 2 is worth looking into)

- F-Zero GX(I could use another racing game to play.)

- Capcom VS SNK 2(I want to beat the crap out of people with Terry Bogard, and this game should be cheap.)

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

In term of Mario characters I've played several, spin-offs and main games. Have played Tropical Freeze and Returns when it comes to DK specifically. I've also played Wario World and two Warioware games, but I've never played a game starring Yoshi.

I'm pretty much the same with Zelda, but any games that were on the Gameboy or Gameboy Advance I don't own.

Regrettably I've only played Super Metroid.

I started Kirby with Superstar Ultra and since then I've also gotten Epic Yarn, Return to Dreamland, Kirby's Dreamland 3 and Kirby 64 (the latter two being on the Wiiware).

I love Pokemon, but I have to admit that I only own Pearl and X.

I've played all three Pikmin games. Small as it is, it's probably my second favorite video game franchise, being right next to the Legend of Zelda.

I own a lot of games starring Miis, Wii Sports included of course.

Only Sonic game I own is Unleashed (unless you count a crappy remake of the first game on a cellphone).

I can play the original Pac-man on my Gamecube, Wii and DS since I own the Namco Museum games that were released on them. I also have it on my phone. I've played several other variations of the game that came later on as well, and a game called Pac-N-Roll on Nacmo Museum Remix.

Other than that I own Animal Crossing on the Gamecube and Animal Crossing City Folk on the Wii. And a few other games feature R.O.B. in some way (being playable in Mario Kart DS, and acting as a boss in one of the boss mini-games in WarioWare Smooth Moves).

I've played demos of a games with a few other characters featured in Smash (such as Starfox 64) but I don't own any of them...

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
No.

(Also I think X and Y should count for Lucario, since you were forced to get one)
I was mostly trying to by their first starring role or playable appearance. Which is why Lucario is under Gen 4.

I have to say that Shadow of Mordor was a really good game.
I heard that game was good and it looks different and original so it counts as an exception. Ubisoft should get the ultimate **** company of the year for the crap they dared to put out this year.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::rosalina::4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:- I'm a Mario boy, so it's kinda obvious.
:4sonic:- Come on, he's just far too famous. Not proud of the fanbase, I just think people should actually try playing games before they decide they suck.
:4pikachu::4charizard::4jigglypuff::4lucario::4greninja::pt::ivysaur::squirtle::mewtwomelee::pichumelee:- Pokemon's not really that good for me anymore, but I have been keeping up.
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink:- Zelda's really guilty of not introducing new highly important characters
:4fox::4falco::wolf:- too obvious.
:4myfriends::4robinm::4robinf::4lucina:- I only have Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance, and Awakening
:4dk::4diddy:- Only from Mario Kart, Mario and Sonic Olympic Games, and the sports series.
:4olimar:- I needed Pikmin 1 to get his trophy in Melee
:4yoshi: Childhood Favorite
:4rob:- his guest appearance in Mario Kart DS
:4ness:
:4samus::4zss:
:4wario2:
:4villager::4villagerf:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Since they closed my topic because... Well, because mods are a bunch of butthurt fanboys I guess? I decided to explain in detail why this game is the perfect example to explain why "Quality > Quantity".
Lemme start by saying that the basic gameplay of this game is sheer perfection. Multiplayer is the funniest thing produced this year and ****s even on Mario Kart 8. If you have a friend or two, or enjoy playing online, this game is virtually immortal till the next Smash Bros. comes out. Simply perfect.
The rest of the game though, is pure, absolute, disgusting ****. Nothing works when you're playing alone, and I'll break the game down for all of you.

- Returning modes (Classic, All-Star, Home Run Contest, Multi Man Melee). They're the same boring **** they always were. I still have to understand the reason to have them in the game except Classic. All-Star is the definition of boredom and repetitiveness. Classic tries to do something different but no, it's boring. Like it always was. The problem is, you have to play them at least 102 times in total to collect the unlockables. The game literally forces you to play them.
- Stage Editor. Yeah it's returning but goddamn this **** deserves a spot on his own. Yeah it has a big effect when it's first shown to you right? Then you try it and realize it's even more limited than the Brawl one was. Not only the GamePad is un-responsive while drawing the stage, you have like 3 hazards you can put there, and five backgrounds. FIVE. Pathetic. It's nice to see the recreation of all those retro stages. They still look like **** and I'll never play Gamexplain's Hyrule Castle instead of an actual stage of the game, sorry.
- Smash Tour. It's an absolute mess. It is legitimately laughable. You can tell Sakurai developed this in like a month or two maybe. It's not even fun honestly, and has zero strategy to it. It's just a flashy thing that seemed good on the Direct like the Stage Builder, but revealed itself as a boring, uninspired cluster****. Oh and it has 3 boards. THREE. ayy lmao
- Event Mode. Probably the best one out of all this, but still... The potential it missed is incredible. I created a topic with event modes which are legitimately more interesting than any of the official ones here. But at least they're kind of functional. A couple of them have a difficulty spike which is only frustrating but well, it's decent.
- Target Blast. **** this Angry Birds rip-off Jesus Christ
- Challenges. Apparently, Sakurai's idea of "fun" and "challenging" equals to "frustrating" and "broken". Get a score between 500 and 505 metres in Home Run Contest: yeah that's an half hour wasted which I'll never get back. Get 8 kills in cruel mode with Lucina: literally the only way to do this is to cheat. You can literally tell that Sakurai didn't actually try to do that challenge in a legit way because it's impossible. The reason challenges exist is not to give the player rewarding, fun experiences with the game, but to force completionists to put themselves through every single ****ty mode in the game. I understand that Sakurai hates Smash Bros. fanboys but this is too much.
- Master Order and Crazy Order: the only new mode that I think it's pretty good. Too bad for the challenges related to them which have crazy requirements to complete (get to Turn 20? Are you for ****ing real?).

The grinding in the game is out-right anti-consumer. Yep it is. That's not how you make a game lengthy, Sakurai. Especially when I just did that like two months ago on 3DS and I can't transfer it all on WiiU. But I guess I'm just lazy, right?

Honestly if the game was only the multiplayer part, it would be a strong 10/10 for me. But you have to judge the whole package, and the whole package it's massive, but full of ****. You have to dig with your own hands in a mountain of **** to get to the gold. Throwing stuff, modes and content into a game doesn't make it better. It just makes it bigger. And Smash Bros. 4 is a pot of gold drowned in a steaming pile of diarrhea. You have no idea how much it hurts for me to admit this. It was literally the most anticipated media related thing this year for me. And it's disappointing as hell. It makes me want Subspace Emissary back. YES, SUBSPACE EMISSARY WAS BETTER THAN ALL THIS CRAP. At least it was kind of fun.

At this point I just hope the next Smash Bros. is made by a wiser person. It is, maybe, time for Sakurai to step down. The game transpires his own frustration while developing it on the players' heads. He is a great developer but he lost the right direction. The original Smash Bros.: a bunch of characters, a bunch of stages, a couple of well developed modes, and that's it. But I already know that Smash Bros. 5, when it'll come out in 2020 on the next system, will still have the same achievement to unlock related to Home Run Contest, the same boring stuff that the franchise keeps alive since 2001.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom