• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I don't like the Smash-fanbase at all. Competitive vs. casual, 3DS vs. Wii U, Ridley vs. no Ridley. There's just too many splits in this fanbase. Not to mention the amount of spoiled little ****s who just keep asking for more.
I can't judge the Zelda-fanbase, because I don't have much interest in that franchise. Why is it bad?

And Pokémon just had a pretty big outburst of people who got angry at GameFreak for not making a Mega Flygon. But the Mega-Flygon-fanbase is the playable Ridley-fanbase of Pokémon anyway.

As for Zelda it can be best described in four words: artstyles, plot, dungeon items, and the whole old vs. new debates. The first and the last are the biggest issues in the fanbase especially when it comes to Twilight Princess vs. Skyward Sword vs. Wind Waker vs. Ocarina of Time vs. Majora's Mask. Oh, and music is another factor since almost every fan hated the addition of rock in Hyrule Warriors (while not knowing that it was a damn Warriors spinoff to begin with).

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Ubisoft used to be so good with theyr IP's :/
The only assassins creed games I have legitimately bought are: AC, AC Brotherhood, AC Revelations and AC3. I didn't really bother after that. I just kinda looked at playthroughs for AC4, Rouge and Unity >_>

Also Rayman was so cool, I personally liked legends.... maybe thats because I haven't played the others yet...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ubisoft is becoming a bit of an European EA.

Guess every region needs their equivalent to EA, considering Capcom in Japan.

Also, for Kid Icarus fans out there: I just found out that Viridi's original VA, Hynden Walch, is actually reprising the role for Smash 4. That means it's not just :4pit::4darkpit: that kept their original voice actor. Her name doesn't appear in the credits, though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't like the Smash-fanbase at all. Competitive vs. casual, 3DS vs. Wii U, Ridley vs. no Ridley. There's just too many splits in this fanbase. Not to mention the amount of spoiled little ****s who just keep asking for more.
Agreed x9000 with you. Those arguments need to stop. "3DS is a demo of Wii U", "Ridley can be down-sized to fit with other fighters", oh god.. just no..
Also Rayman was so cool, I personally liked legends.... maybe thats because I haven't played the others yet...
Rayman is a good series, but Ubisoft keeps porting Rayman 2 way too much. :troll:

SharpMcHappy

Smash Apprentice
Is it wrong that I consider the Zelda AND Smash fanbase as bad as the Sonic fanbase?

(Pokemon would be a good honorable mention because of "muh genwunners")
I think you're focusing way too much on the vocal minority. A lot of fanbases are actually not as bad as they seem(like all of the examples you've given), it's just that the people that ***** gets much more attention than the ones that shut up and enjoy the games for what they are.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think you're focusing way too much on the vocal minority. A lot of fanbases are actually not as bad as they seem(like all of the examples you've given), it's just that the people that ***** gets much more attention than the ones that shut up and enjoy the games for what they are.
This guy knows what's up.

For the most part, it's for the best to not worry about people getting all mad about whatever series. It's not important in the long run.

Soul.

I can't judge the Zelda-fanbase, because I don't have much interest in that franchise. Why is it bad?

And Pokémon just had a pretty big outburst of people who got angry at GameFreak for not making a Mega Flygon. But the Mega-Flygon-fanbase is the playable Ridley-fanbase of Pokémon anyway.
3DS vs. Wii U is as pointless as Melee vs. Brawl. There's nothing against 64.
Smash 64 is love, Smash 64 is life. Nobody argues with this thing.

Also, the Pokémon fanbase is...lol? A lot of people complain about Smogon, (which, again, is why the Anything Goes metagame exists), the Pokémon subreddit is casual, and stuff. Not to mention the Gen 1 fans.
Gen 4 is the best.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Also, the Pokémon fanbase is...lol? A lot of people complain about Smogon, (which, again, is why the Anything Goes metagame exists), the Pokémon subreddit is casual, and stuff. Not to mention the Gen 1 fans.
Gen 4 is the best.
So far, I'm liking Gen 2 and Gen 5 the most. Though there isn't a particular Pokemon Gen that's outright bad to me.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
Hot damn. Just watched Egoraptor's Zelda Sequelitis for the first time. God that's brutal him ripping on two of my favourite Zelda games. He makes some good points, but it does turn into a little bit of a rant, and I'm just glad he didn't say anything bad about Twilight Princess lol. It was funny as well, I'd give him that, not many people can say what he said about Skyward Sword and still have my respect afterward (SS being my favourite Zelda and all...)

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
True that

Gen 4 is the best.
I honestly love Gen 4 (Pearl specifically). It probably has something to do with it being my first pokemon game I owned on DS, without R4 :p

Played the **** out of it whenever I could, getting any Palkia and defeating the champion was truly awesome. Except the Elite 4. I had to buy so many potions for some reason >_>

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Hot damn. Just watched Egoraptor's Zelda Sequelitis for the first time. God that's brutal him ripping on two of my favourite Zelda games. He makes some good points, but it does turn into a little bit of a rant, and I'm just glad he didn't say anything bad about Twilight Princess lol. It was funny as well, I'd give him that, not many people can say what he said about Skyward Sword and still have my respect afterward (SS being my favourite Zelda and all...)
We all know He speaks out of his ass anyway. He cant even play Wind Waker right and blames the game for his incompetents

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'll play devil's advocate here and say gen IV is my least favorite gen.
It used to be my least favorite in terms of New Pokemon themselves. It was mostly the legendary Pokemon that didn't sit well with me. But there's only a few of the Gen 6 Pokemon that I really like. Gen 6 has some good legendaries though.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
C'mon guys, we know that Gen XVIII is the best
Yeah. Hyper Fighting Armor Charizard Z was the best Ultra Evolution of them all. He's so cool. Not to mention his sick Attack and Defense stats. So sick.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I'm gonna play devils advocate here and say that Gen I and Gen II are boring and have no appeal whatsoever, imo.

RUN BEFORE THE GENWUNNERS COME WITH KNIVES AND PITCHFORKS!! D:
But gen I IS boring. Gen II is better, but has still some major problems.

It used to be my least favorite in terms of New Pokemon themselves. It was mostly the legendary Pokemon that didn't sit well with me. But there's only a few of the Gen 6 Pokemon that I really like. Gen 6 has some good legendaries though.
I like the majority of the gen VI designs. Too bad the rest of the game isn't great.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
An event idea I had a while ago, inspired by a certain event in Melee...

Mewtwo Strikes the Heavens!
Description: Palutena has been possessed... again! Don't waste time fighting her and aim for the real threat!
Characters: Pit (Solo) / Pit, Dark Pit (Co-op)
Foes: Palutena, Mewtwo
Stage: Palutena's Temple (Omega)
Music: Poké Floats
Notes: All characters have one stock each. Pit (and Dark Pit) are red team, Palutena and Mewtwo are blue team. Mewtwo only appears 15 seconds into the fight. KO'ing Palutena results in failure. Palutena doesn't have voice clips and has a darker hue.

[collapse="Bonus: dialogues"]Dialogue (Solo):
Pit: "Lady Palutena! Snap out of it! Please!"
Palutena: "..."
Viridi: "There's something controlling her. I can feel a strong presence around here! Try to avoid fighting her for now!"
Pit: "I can't believe I'm going through this again..."

*When Mewtwo appears*
Mewtwo: "What an interesting puppet... I'm through with toying with you, angel boy. Now it's time I show you my power!"
Pit: "You will pay for this!"

Dialogue (Co-op):
Dark Pit: "I think you could use a little help."
Pit: "Where did you come from?!"
Viridi: "It doesn't matter. Anyway, something is controlling Palutena. Avoid fighting her at all costs!"
Dark Pit: "Pull yourself together and let's get to the bottom of this!"

*When Mewtwo appears*
Mewtwo: "So, this is the extent of this puppet's power? Impressive. However, my power is far more impressive than this!"
Dark Pit: "You're the one controlling her? You've made a grave mistake."
Pit: "That's right! It's time for you to pay!"
Mewtwo: "Come and face me, weaklings!"

(I totally did not portray Mewtwo as a supreme badass that mind controlled a goddess and looked down upon quasi-divine beings. :awesome:)[/collapse]

And... Ew Gen wars. I like all of them and am pressed to pick a favorite.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I liked Gen 7.8 a lot because they introduced this...

Soul.

I honestly love Gen 4 (Pearl specifically). It probably has something to do with it being my first pokemon game I owned on DS, without R4 :p

Played the **** out of it whenever I could, getting any Palkia and defeating the champion was truly awesome. Except the Elite 4. I had to buy so many potions for some reason >_>
I prefer Gen 4 for some reason. I don't know why. It felt new with things like Jubilife City and the new evolutions.
Gen 5 is disappointing.
no because too much water

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
An event idea I had a while ago, inspired by a certain event in Melee...

Mewtwo Strikes the Heavens!
Description: Palutena has been possessed... again! Don't waste time fighting her and aim for the real threat!
Characters: Pit (Solo) / Pit, Dark Pit (Co-op)
Foes: Palutena, Mewtwo
Stage: Palutena's Temple (Omega)
Music: Poké Floats
Notes: All characters have one stock each. Pit (and Dark Pit) are red team, Palutena and Mewtwo are blue team. Mewtwo only appears 15 minutes into the fight. KO'ing Palutena results in failure. Palutena doesn't have voice clips and has a darker hue.

[collapse="Bonus: dialogues"]Dialogue (Solo):
Viridi: "There's something controlling her. I can feel a strong presence around here! Try to avoid fighting her for now!"

*When Mewtwo appears*
Mewtwo: "What an interesting puppet... I'm through with toying with you, angel boy. Now it's time I show you my power!"
Pit: "You will pay for this!"

Dialogue (Co-op):
Dark Pit: "I think you could use a little help."
Pit: "Where did you come from?!"
Viridi: "It doesn't matter. Anyway, something is controlling Palutena. Avoid fighting her at all costs!"
Dark Pit: "Pull yourself together and let's get to the bottom of this!"

*When Mewtwo appears*
Mewtwo: "So, this is the extent of this puppet's power? Impressive. However, my power is far more impressive than this!"
Dark Pit: "You're the one controlling her? You've made a grave mistake."
Pit: "That's right! It's time for you to pay!"
Mewtwo: "Come and face me, weaklings!"

(I totally did not portray Mewtwo as a supreme badass that mind controlled a goddess and looked down upon quasi-divine beings. :awesome:)[/collapse]

And... Ew Gen wars. I like all of them and am pressed to pick a favorite.
Wait, so you'd have to wait around for 15 minutes!? I don't approve of this.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

All characters' clear movies.

I haven't seen them all, but damn, Lucina's movie is just epic.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

All characters' clear movies.

I haven't seen them all, but damn, Lucina's movie is just epic.
The close ups on Lucina are more annyoing to me then epic. I like Robins, Villagers and duck hunts more. Also the end of Ikes was funny

Anyone have names I could name my My Pikachu and Kirby Amiibos?

Last edited:

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Gen 3 > Gen 4 >>> Gen 6 >> Gen 2 >> Gen 1 > Gen 5
The more greater than signs, it means how far apart they are from one another.

I'm glad this thread has agreed that either Gen 3 or 4 is the best though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom