• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Were you able to save a video of your fight? I'd watch.
Well, I was in that tournament to save recordings, so it would be silly if I didn't save my own ones. I'm there anyways, might as well.

Although, it's probably going to be one of the later ones I upload, though. gotta get the important stuff done!

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
Well, I was in that tournament to save recordings, so it would be silly if I didn't save my own ones. I'm there anyways, might as well.

Although, it's probably going to be one of the later ones I upload, though. gotta get the important stuff done!
Alrighty. I'll just sub to your channel then.

Edit:
this is beautiful

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I don't know if bringing back the DI made Mario better, but he's now much stronger than before. He can actually KO stuff with his smash attacks, wich is pretty cool. I think I'm gonna main him over Dr.Mario since he's more mobile and has more tools to do KOs like the Fludd or the cape.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Last edited:

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Characters I hate? Well, the main ones?

:4diddy: Fighting just one decent one was all I need to see to know that Diddy is still a cheap character. Other gameplay vids of him with many players picking him up as if it was the Brawl MK times just further extend my hatred for this character.

:4littlemac: Do I really need to explain the stupid KO punch and super armor that his smashes have? Well, add that with how common he is especially in For Glory, and yea... One of my most hated characters ever.

:4ness: There's just something about him that annoys me. Is it that I don't know how to fight him? Is it his range? Is it the way he moves that sometimes makes it hard to get to him? Most likely it's the last 2, and personally sometimes there's just characters I won't ever understand, and Ness is one of em. The B-throw is also very stupid.

:4sheik: I don't need to explain this one, except the inclusion that I don't like fighting speedy characters.

:4greninja: Same as Sheik.

:4falcon: Well... it's best if I don't explain this one.

:4dedede: I never thought he'd be just as obnoxious without his little CGs, but it turns out he is. D-throw to F-air so often, and stupidly getting hit by powerful attacks when you least suspect it. It's almost like the Ike times, except better recovery and has a projectile + the D3cide still existing...

:4yoshi: I know that this character getting a buff was long overdue, but fighting him is definitely obnoxious, especially good ones. He just seems so hard, and him in midair is just as annoying, not to mention all the eggs. Maybe it's because Palutena has issues against him, or just me, or both. Whatever the case is, I don't enjoy fighting him.

:4mario: I am not going to lie when I say that I don't mind him getting improvements, but the thing I hate the most is the braindead combo he can do starting with a mere D-throw... then it's just U-tilts and U-airs from there. Honorable mention to the constant aerials. Plus someone who I fought from elsewhere who used him really made me hate him when he kept winning... and yep, he had a major ego that just makes you mad.

And that's just a small portion of my quarrels. IMO, the game makes the majority of characters annoying to fight in a way, one way or another.

Last edited:

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Yep, sorry about that.
Next one is Christmas.
http://challonge.com/towerofchallengers7
We had pretty good turnout this one, about 30 people.
The update with the Tournament feature (and Stage Builder sharing :awesome: ) will probably be up by then, so keep that in mind!

Anyway, sorry about interrupting on your tournament yesterday, I had no idea!

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
Well, If we're talking about characters we hate to fight...

:4littlemac:: Honestly the only thing I really hate about Mac is how nearly all of his moves have super armor.

:4sheik:: **** those needles.

:4lucario:: Seriously, the aura mechanic is ridiculous; his recovery makes it harder to KO him at higher percents.

:4yoshi:: This guy terrifies me now...

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I still remember these people getting pissed over Shulk being 'another anime swordsman' after his reveal.
Unsurprisingly, such complaints about most of the newcomers being anime-eque (Especially Rosalina, which is bull****) occurred on Gamefaqs after launch. I wouldn't be surprised if things get worse when we do get newcomers like that in Smash 6. :rolleyes:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I still remember these people getting pissed over Shulk being 'another anime swordsman' after his reveal.
Same for Robin and Lucina's trailer. People being pissed off by "more animu garbage" and "how Captain Falcon was the only good thing about the trailer" and "how Smash Bros. has too many anime characters".

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Even Samus and Link have anime-esque designs as of recent games. lol

What do those people expect from a Japanese game?

And the irony about Captain Falcon is how F-Zero had an anime adaptation. lol

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Really? I dont recall it, I though everyone was happy, and expected him waaaaay in advance.

Now Robin, he came outa nowhere and people ware pissed BECAUSE they expected Shulk :p

Same for Robin and Lucina's trailer. People being pissed off by "more animu garbage" and "how Captain Falcon was the only good thing about the trailer" and "how Smash Bros. has too many anime characters".
To be fair though, he WAS the best part of that trailer (speaking as someone who havent played any FE)

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Really? I dont recall it, I though everyone was happy, and expected him waaaaay in advance.

Now Robin, he came outa nowhere and people ware pissed BECAUSE they expected Shulk :p
I remember people yelling that Lucia was only an alt at the time. They were literally fights just for that.
What even.

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
Ironically, Captain Falcon is the only one of those characters to appear in an anime.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Unsurprisingly, such complaints about most of the newcomers being anime-eque (Especially Rosalina, which is bull****) occurred on Gamefaqs after launch. I wouldn't be surprised if things get worse when we do get newcomers like that in Smash 6. :rolleyes:
The complaints about the newcomers I most read are 'too many waifus' and 'too many swords(wo)men.'

And there will always be complaints, some are just too ridiculous or sad.
Like (spoilered for foul language):

And:

And there were also some people who had no idea who Robin was. But before Gematsu I had no idea who Shulk was as well, so I'm acting hypocrite here.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Is it wrong that I consider the Zelda AND Smash fanbase as bad as the Sonic fanbase?

(Pokemon would be a good honorable mention because of "muh genwunners")

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Those complaints weren't exactly on this forum, but they happened in other sites.

To be fair though, he WAS the best part of that trailer (speaking as someone who havent played any FE)
For me, that trailer was hype maximum levels when Robin's newcomer caption appeared.

He was one of my most wanted characters. Lucina was a nice bonus and really set the mood for the rest of the trailer by having her newcomer caption being shown right at the beginning.

Seriously, that trailer had much more impact for those who played Fire Emblem: Awakening. The CGI cutscene was made on the same style as those from Fire Emblem: Awakening, animated by the same studio as well.

Captain Falcon being there was just... "Oh, he's back. That's cool." I found Falcon to be predictable, so he didn't have any impact on me. It was one of those characters I thought that was going to be announced sooner or later, so I wasn't really hyped for his return.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I honestly loved every moment of the Fire Emblem trailer. Chrom was deconfirmed, Gematsu was no longer considered as our god, we got an epic confirmation of Captain Falcon, and we got my new main, Lucina, and a magic using FE character, Robin. It's still my favorite trailer when comparing every other one.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
You know, I never understood why some people are hating anime and yet like cartoons. It's the same thing, the only difference is the culture. Anyone can have his opinion, but hating a thing from an other country that is basically the same in the country you are is dumb. I could say it's racist, but I don't want to go on this subject.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Those complaints weren't exactly on this forum, but they happened in other sites.

For me, that trailer was hype maximum levels when Robin's newcomer caption appeared.

He was one of my most wanted characters. Lucina was a nice bonus and really set the mood for the rest of the trailer by having her newcomer caption being shown right at the beginning.

Seriously, that trailer had much more impact for those who played Fire Emblem: Awakening. The CGI cutscene was made on the same style as those from Fire Emblem: Awakening, animated by the same studio as well.

Captain Falcon being there was just... "Oh, he's back. That's cool." I found Falcon to be predictable, so he didn't have any impact on me. It was one of those characters I thought that was going to be announced sooner or later, so I wasn't really hyped for his return.
:4robinm:'s reveal really got me hyped since Sakurai managed to implement a unique FE character in the game while adding :4lucina: as a bonus. I won't lie though, I did shout when I saw :4falcon:.

I also found it funny that everyone expected Shulk to be revealed that day.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Is it wrong that I consider the Zelda AND Smash fanbase as bad as the Sonic fanbase?

(Pokemon would be a good honorable mention because of "muh genwunners")
I don't like the Smash-fanbase at all. Competitive vs. casual, 3DS vs. Wii U, Ridley vs. no Ridley. There's just too many splits in this fanbase. Not to mention the amount of spoiled little ****s who just keep asking for more.
I can't judge the Zelda-fanbase, because I don't have much interest in that franchise. Why is it bad?

And Pokémon just had a pretty big outburst of people who got angry at GameFreak for not making a Mega Flygon. But the Mega-Flygon-fanbase is the playable Ridley-fanbase of Pokémon anyway.

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader

To me, it was less "Oh I expected Falcon", and more "YEA CAPTAIN FALCON FINALLY AND HES KICKING ASS"

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Is it wrong that I was more hyped for HD Falcon than Robin? I don't even main Captain Falcon, but he's just so awesome.

Anyways, for characters I hate going up against, I'd say Link, Marth and Lucina are tough for me to take on as Mega Man. There's other characters that are easier for me to fight though. King Dedede, DK and Little Mac usually being easy wins with Mega Man.

Speaking of Dedede, I think he's going to be one of my more used characters now. I'm liking him. Not sure if he's top three, but he's definitely in my top 10.

I am really enjoy omega ruby, i found a shiny ho oh today!
Nice! Most of the shiny Pokemon I got are from eggs and trades though. But I did catch a Shiny Growlith(now evolved)in one game. Still have him around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom