• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
What does it do if I may ask? Does it allow you to get the other legendary, its mega stone, or the Soul Dew? I'm only up to Vendanturf Town myself, so I haven't even got Latios yet.
I don't know yet. I just have the ticket.

It says you have to show it to Norman. That's all I know.

Haven't touched the game since I came from the event because I arrived back past midnight and was tired as ****.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I just beat Liza and Tate with a team of level 70s...I went through all the water routes before challenging the gym in an attempt to beat every trainer and collect every item on those routes...at least the ones that didn't need dive. Exp Share sure makes it easy to not have to grind for Elite 4...and I haven't gotten to the last gym yet!

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
I just beat Liza and Tate with a team of level 70s...I went through all the water routes before challenging the gym in an attempt to beat every trainer and collect every item on those routes...at least the ones that didn't need dive. Exp Share sure makes it easy to not have to grind for Elite 4...and I haven't gotten to the last gym yet!
Yeah I know what you mean. I have a Harriyama, Minun, Marshtomp, Mightyena, Metang and Ninjask all over levelled before the 4th gym. I'm not complaining lol, but I've not even had to grind and I beat Wattson without him even attacking, the games aren't difficult but they are fun.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
You know, the Internet is a great place to be in, especially when you can see Ronald McDonald going in a DBZ like fight, facing a journalist. Yeah, tenouttaten would stay here.

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
I found this image. It's not perfect as it does leave off quite a few versions of characters (like NES Pit, NES Mac and Tetris Attack Yoshi for example). But it's a nice overview.

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Alright, Im starting to really feel the For Glory. Having less and less lag encounters every day, even got a win streak going.

:4shulk:

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

I'm laughing so hard at this image for no facking reason. Wario is all like "Yeah, that's totally normal". And he's sitting with the devil and gives absolutely no sh*t about it.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I honestly think Little Mac and/or ZSSamus are new Meta Knight some times.
"BUT EVAN, Little Mac is a horrible Air Fighter! Just be in the air and you'll be fine."
Yeah, that's simple enou-EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT HE HAS SUPER-ARMOR ON EVERYTHING, INCLUDING HIS UP-SMASH, WHICH DISABLES YOU FROM GETTING HIM INTO THE AIR UNLESS HE SLIPS UP, AND IF YOU'RE AGAINST A GOOD MAC PLAYER THE AIR IS WHERE YOU'RE ALWAYS GOING TO BE SINCE LITTLE MAC WON'T LET YOU TOUCH THE GROUND.
"BUT EVAN, Just because you lose to them doesn't mean you call them OP."
Tell that to the fact that I just got 0-to-Death'd by a ZSS player when I was being my Best Character (:4drmario:) in both stocks, and 0-Death'd Twice AGAIN when I tried my other best (:4duckhunt:)!
I try to avoid the Combo, I TRY to do everything in my power to stop ZSS from Comboing me, but they ALWAYS manage to hit me with the Stun Gun/DSmash and get me back into the Combo.
[/rant]​

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
When I know I'm facing a Little Mac, I switch to :4pit::4darkpit: and sometimes, :4robinm:.

I'm also finding myself using :4bowserjr: more frequently... Might add the little guy to my signature.

D

Deleted member

I haven't played online in a while. I didn't do too poorly, and I've improved since my last match so maybe I should do a few sometime.

D

Deleted member

I hate fighting Robins that clearly have no idea what they're doing. Match nearly goes to time from all the running away. Then I'll pick G&W and dump oil on them.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I honestly think Little Mac and/or ZSSamus are new Meta Knight some times.
"BUT EVAN, Little Mac is a horrible Air Fighter! Just be in the air and you'll be fine."
Yeah, that's simple enou-EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT HE HAS SUPER-ARMOR ON EVERYTHING, INCLUDING HIS UP-SMASH, WHICH DISABLES YOU FROM GETTING HIM INTO THE AIR UNLESS HE SLIPS UP, AND IF YOU'RE AGAINST A GOOD MAC PLAYER THE AIR IS WHERE YOU'RE ALWAYS GOING TO BE SINCE LITTLE MAC WON'T LET YOU TOUCH THE GROUND.
"BUT EVAN, Just because you lose to them doesn't mean you call them OP."
Tell that to the fact that I just got 0-to-Death'd by a ZSS player when I was being my Best Character (:4drmario:) in both stocks, and 0-Death'd Twice AGAIN when I tried my other best (:4duckhunt:)!
I try to avoid the Combo, I TRY to do everything in my power to stop ZSS from Comboing me, but they ALWAYS manage to hit me with the Stun Gun/DSmash and get me back into the Combo.
[/rant]​
Okay, I'm sorry for this little laugh up there, but this rant is kinda dumb. It's not the character who was good, but the player you're facing.

The real characters that I personally fear are :4diddy:, :rosalina: and :4sheik:. They are all good characters, but the way they are played is the real fear. First, Diddy Kong profits a lot of the new mechanincs in Smash 4, being fast but as fast as Melee or Project M. He profits a lot of the rage effect, taking KOs easily by Dthrow and UpAir people. He got his bananas, wich can be a dangerous tool. He has all the tricks to win. Rosalina is the new Ice Climber of Smash, but not in a broken way. Luma gives her all the power she needs to, but her playstyle is overall confusing for any player. It's a 1v1 match, yet you are fighting 2 characters that are tricky to face. THIS gives Rosalina all her power. As for Sheik, she's more like Melee, and as been buffed. Her airial game and zoning is amazing.

The :4littlemac:x:4zss: couple (I like to call them like this, it's funny) isn't really powerful. So far, Little Mac has been handled pretty easily by the community and only really good Little Macs are threatening. His super armor is scary sometimes, but if you read Mac well, you don't give a damn about it. ZSSamus isn't frightening either, even well played. She's very light and got some pretty big openings to get caught and being punish. Again, if you read her right, it's like Mac, she dies easily.

Here's my list of characters to fear :
:4diddy: : Well played, this monkey is a monster. Just look at Mew2King playing him and you'll see his true potential.
:rosalina: : A lot of potential and has appeared in a lot of finals in tournaments.
:4sheik: : Just like in Melee, she has to be feared.
:4sonic: : Speed is important in this game, and Sonic gains a lot out of it.
:4ness: : Ness is back and is going to PK the crap out of you. Buffed and more powerful than ever.
:4falcon: : Like Sheik, he's back and is as good as in Melee.
:4bowser: : The biggest buff of any character in this game. His K.O potential is huge.
:4greninja: : Like Sheik, he's fast and he's adapted to the game mechanics.

Yeah, that what I fear.

SharpMcHappy

Smash Apprentice
:4diddy: : Well played, this monkey is a monster. Just look at Mew2King playing him and you'll see his true potential.
:rosalina: : A lot of potential and has appeared in a lot of finals in tournaments.
:4sheik: : Just like in Melee, she has to be feared.
:4sonic: : Speed is important in this game, and Sonic gains a lot out of it.
:4ness: : Ness is back and is going to PK the crap out of you. Buffed and more powerful than ever.
:4falcon: : Like Sheik, he's back and is as good as in Melee.
:4bowser: : The biggest buff of any character in this game. His K.O potential is huge.
:4greninja: : Like Sheik, he's fast and he's adapted to the game mechanics.

Yeah, that what I fear.
Yeah, I pretty much agree with all of these. Especially Bowser, I'm pretty glad that his side-B got nerfed.

Another character that I can find really threatening is :4bowserjr:. Well, only if he's played by a skilled player. If you don't know what you're doing with him you're gonna get your ass handed to you, but I've fought some people who really know how to use his projectiles and it can be really hard to get around.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
*jerkish laugh* [mean words about my opinion being dumb] [obvious statement]

yaddayaddayadda isn't really powerful. yaddayaddayadda obvious statement. His super armor is scary sometimes, but if you read Mac well, you don't give a damn about it. bigfatlie, more lieing. Again, if you read her right, it's like Mac, she dies easily.
I am somehow inclined to not believe you. :glare:

I hate fighting Robins that clearly have no idea what they're doing. Match nearly goes to time from all the running away. Then I'll pick G&W and dump oil on them.
I hate fighting Villagers that don't know what the meaning of "Fair Play" is.
RUN AWAY
GROW TREE
CHOP ONCE
GYROID
FAIR
POT
RUN AWAY
And the cycle continues.
It gets annoying. :urg:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Predictable players are the easiest to take down. Once you figure out their pattern, they will be a cakewalk.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

If you start to think like that, you're sure to lose to Mac and ZSSamus.
Are you trying to be an ass right now?
Because you're making me feel pretty bad about myself and the way I play Smash at the moment. :urg:

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
Are you trying to be an *** right now?
Because you're making me feel pretty bad about myself and the way I play Smash at the moment. :urg:
Shielding those dash attacks and then grabbing can help with the Mac. Maybe even use your cape when he's recovering with haymaker?

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Little Mac is hilariously easy to deal with now as Link.
ZSS gives me a bit of trouble, but projectiles always give the advantage.
I have this replay where I Gale Boomeranged a Little Mac off the ledge.
Legit easy win, if you take away the fact that I got super armor punched the first stock

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Are you trying to be an *** right now?
No I'm not, but maybe you should not take answers from people like it was nothing. You should not take things that seriously, especially in Smash. Yes, the answer I gaved was pretty jerky in some ways, but you shouldn't take that seriously. I only said that Lil'Mac and ZSSamus weren't hard to fight and you should try to learn more about them and fight them more for being better. But then you responded in a childish way that I didn't really appreciated. I know it's hard and frustrating to lose constantly to one or two characters, but don't reject tips of people that tried to help you, even in a jerkish way. So please, understand that I never intended to offend you or making you feel bad. I only wanted to give you an answer. So, sorry to have made you feel bad.

Well, let's move on and continue our discussion about "feared characters" in Smash, shall we ?

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
No I'm not, but maybe you should not take answers from people like it was nothing. You should not take things that seriously, especially in Smash. Yes, the answer I gaved was pretty jerky in some ways, but you shouldn't take that seriously. I only said that Lil'Mac and ZSSamus weren't hard to fight and you should try to learn more about them and fight them more for being better. But then you responded in a childish way that I didn't really appreciated. I know it's hard and frustrating to lose constantly to one or two characters, but don't reject tips of people that tried to help you, even in a jerkish way. So please, understand that I never intended to offend you or making you feel bad. I only wanted to give you an answer. So, sorry to have made you feel bad.

Well, let's move on and continue our discussion about "feared characters" in Smash, shall we ?
Yes. Let's move on.

Diddy Kong tho. His downthrow combos into like all of his aerials. e_e

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

Characters I fear in FG: :4gaw: and :4shulk:

I was going to say no one except I faced a godly :4gaw: who managed to destroy :4luigi:, :4falcon:, and :4fox:. The guy was unstoppable. :4shulk:'s range with the Monado is dangerous if it countinuously lands hits.

I don't have trouble with anyone else though.

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
Characters I fear in FG: :4gaw: and :4shulk:

I was going to say no one except I faced a godly :4gaw: who managed to destroy :4luigi:, :4falcon:, and :4fox:. The guy was unstoppable. :4shulk:'s range with the Monado is dangerous if it countinuously lands hits.

I don't have trouble with anyone else though.
As a Shulk player, yeah, his range is pretty dangerous. You gotta stay on the ground, shield, and punish the end lag on those aerials.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
How's everybody doing? Have been busy with other stuff and Alpha Sapphire.

It has been a long while since I last played online (or Smash in general, surprisingly don't own the Wii U version yet) but everybody is hard for me there. :p
I'm just not good in playing Smash against other humans.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
So, I was in a tournament yesterday and I was allowed to record a bunch of the important matches. I've only got grand finals up, but here it is!
@CosmicCosmos

I want you guys to tell me if the overlay is good.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
So, I was in a tournament yesterday and I was allowed to record a bunch of the important matches. I've only got grand finals up, but here it is!

I want you guys to tell me if the overlay is good.
Pretty good, it's clean and take too much space. Nice job lad !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom