• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
I have gen 3 as my favourite. Ruby/Sapphire then Emerald and Colosseum/XD, those were good times :)
Ps I really like every gen for different reasons, even if gen 1 is for nostalgia alone.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
My Deoxys battle in a nutshell:

When I see it is Lv. 80

When I remember that Normal Deoxys has awful defenses and M-Ray can overkill it easily

....anyway, I had to switch into my shiny Metagross to use Hold Back and eat the Psycho Boosts, it only took me 5 Ultra Balls but, man that battle is pure stress.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I have gen 3 as my favourite. Ruby/Sapphire then Emerald and Colosseum/XD, those were good times :)
Ps I really like every gen for different reasons, even if gen 1 is for nostalgia alone.
I would love a 3D Orre game.

?????

This is the most irrelevant reply I've ever received. Was it supposed to be a joke?
Nein. Schade dass du das denkst.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
I dunno, I've seen some pretty violent debates on what pokemon generation is the best, when I was in high school I had to deal with it nearly every day.
SHUT THE F*** UP YOU A**WIPE, GEN 1 IZ DA BEST WITH ALL DA BRILLIANT POKEMANS AND ANY OTHER OPINION CAN GO AND SUCK MY D***. CHARIZARD RULZ AND ALL THOSE FIRE+FIGHTING STARTES SUX COMPARED TO A DRAGON! GEN FIVE IS SO F****** S*** CAUSE THERES DAT ICE CREAM POKEMANS AND DAT GARBAGE BAG ONE! GF IS RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS THEY BETTER REMAKE THOSE AWSOME GEN 1 GAMZ WITH THE KRAB AND SEAL THEY WERE BRILLIANT AND GEN 6 WAS RUBBISH WITH TEAM FLARE WHO SUX COMPARED TO TEAM ROCKET! AND DIANTHA IS S***, GEN 1 HAD YOU FIGHTING YOUR RIVAL FOR THE 5th TIME WAS F***** AMAZING AT THE END! SO IVE JUST. SHOWN THAT IM RIGHT AND YOUR WRONG NOOB! Bring back memories?:troll:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
We all know why Gen 4 is the best.
Sexy.

Tbh, I forgot most of the tracks from the Gen 4 games, and listening to the song you posted was so nostalgic, and now I'm going on a Gen IV music spree. I forgot all these amazing tunes...

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
SHUT THE F*** UP YOU A**WIPE, GEN 1 IZ DA BEST WITH ALL DA BRILLIANT POKEMANS AND ANY OTHER OPINION CAN GO AND SUCK MY D***. CHARIZARD RULZ AND ALL THOSE FIRE+FIGHTING STARTES SUX COMPARED TO A DRAGON! GEN FIVE IS SO F****** S*** CAUSE THERES DAT ICE CREAM POKEMANS AND DAT GARBAGE BAG ONE! GF IS RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS THEY BETTER REMAKE THOSE AWSOME GEN 1 GAMZ WITH THE KRAB AND SEAL THEY WERE BRILLIANT AND GEN 6 WAS RUBBISH WITH TEAM FLARE WHO SUX COMPARED TO TEAM ROCKET! AND DIANTHA IS S***, GEN 1 HAD YOU FIGHTING YOUR RIVAL FOR THE 5th TIME WAS F***** AMAZING AT THE END! SO IVE JUST. SHOWN THAT IM RIGHT AND YOUR WRONG NOOB! Bring back memories?:troll:
OR REMEMBER WHEN GARY FOUGHT YOU AT THE END OF THAT CAVE WHEN ALL YOUR POKEMON WERE ALMOST DEAD? BEST RIVAL EVAZZZ!

I never really liked Gen 4. The game was too slow for me, which completely ruined the game for me...
That's my main complaint with it. Also terrible type distribution and uninteresting designs.

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I like gen 4 because:

-Dawn
-Distorsion World
-Dawn
-Music (Best in the series IMO)
-Poketech
-Dawn
-A Strong Elite 4

...oh yeah, and Dawn of course.

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
A bunch of my friends are online playing Smash, but none of them are joining my room. What is this strange magic?

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
When I say I love gen 4, it's because I really, really like it sorta love. It reignited my love for pokemon as a whole, I've probably played through Diamond, Pearl and Platinum more times combined than any other main gen games, and I played on Pearl for nearly 500 hours. I dunno why I liked it so much, the soundtrack was amazing, most of the new pokemon including the evolutions were fantastic, and team galactic are probably my favourite antagonists. I also liked the rival, Barry, and the overall style of them was great, from the towns to the battle interface, and Platinum improved more than Emerald, Crystal and BW2 did on the originals. I can see the faults in the games, but they did so many things that the series needed. OH AND THAT PHYSICAL/SPECIAL SPLIT IS THE BEST INNOVATION IN THE ENTIRE SERIES!!!!!!!! :)

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I don't know, I liked Gary even with how much of a pain he could be.
I was actually making fun of genwunners. I see some of them making this statement despite it never happening in the games.
And them calling Blue Gary, but I'll forgive them that one.

Last edited:

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
I don't know, I liked Gary even with how much of a pain he could be.
Rivals are supposed to challenge you. In X/Y Serena's entire team was taken out by my under-leveled Snorlax. Not very challenging at all.

Edit: Snorlax might just be too OP.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I like gen 4 because:

-Dawn
-Distorsion World
-Dawn
-Music (Best in the series IMO)
-Poketech
-Dawn
-A Strong Elite 4

...oh yeah, and Dawn of course.
Why I like Gen IV:

- Roark
- Riley
- Volkner
- Riley
- Froslass
- Riley

All hail the stat trainers: Riley, Cheryl, Mira, Buck, and Marley!! We'll see you again come the Gen IV remakes, I'm sure of it!

SharpMcHappy

Smash Apprentice
I don't really have a "favorite" generation, I pretty much liked them all. Younger me would've most likely said Gen 2 but the only reason I love that one over the others is because Gold was my first pokemon game.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I was actually making fun of genwunners. I see some of them making this statement despite it never happening in the games.
Wally in R/S on the other hand did do that.

Rivals are supposed to challenge you. In X/Y Serena's entire team was taken out by my under-leveled Snorlax. Not very challenging at all.
I'll admit, I didn't really like what they did with the rival. I can't remember everything (since I have not played X/Y in forever), but I do remember them making it to where it was like Pokemon was making you feel bad for winning all the time.
Then again, at least Serena/Calem had some form of a personality, which I can't say for the other rivals.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Which Smash characters have appeared in other non-Smash games you own?

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::rosalina::4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig::4dk::4diddy::4wario: (Several Mario games and several Mario spin-offs, as well as Yoshi, Wario Land and WarioWare games. Never played Dr. Mario, though.)
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink: (I own almost all games of the series, so yeah.)
:4samus::4zss: (Metroid Prime 3, Metroid Prime: Hunters, Metroid: Other M)
:4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede: (Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land, which is actually the only Kirby game I own.)
:4pikachu::pt::4charizard::ivysaur::squirtle::4jigglypuff::4lucario::4greninja::mewtwomelee::pichumelee: (Played each generation's main titles, so yeah.)
:4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::roymelee: (Two games: Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Fire Emblem: Awakening.)
:4gaw: (Game & Watch Gallery 4 on the GBA! I actually knew this guy before getting into the Smash series.)
:4pit::4palutena::4darkpit: (Kid Icarus: Uprising. And I've also played the 3D Classics remaster of the NES game.)
:4olimar: (Pikmin 2! It's also the only Pikmin game I have played.)
:4mii: (I've played Wii Sports, after all.)
:4sonic: (I do own several Sonic titles... But I've long stopped buying them.)
:4pacman: (Don't own any Pac-Man game, but come on, who hasn't played the original Pac-Man?)

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

All characters' clear movies.

I haven't seen them all, but damn, Lucina's movie is just epic.
I'm a bit sad that there's no "CONGRATULATIONS" at the end of the movie.
And no final picture either. Makes me a little sad, but oh well.
The close ups on Lucina are more annyoing to me then epic./quote]
That's what you've been saying about everything.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Which Smash characters have appeared in other non-Smash games you own?

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::rosalina::4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig::4dk::4diddy::4wario: (Several Mario games and several Mario spin-offs, as well as Yoshi, Wario Land and WarioWare games. Never played Dr. Mario, though.)
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink: (I own almost all games of the series, so yeah.)
:4samus::4zss: (Metroid Prime 3, Metroid Prime: Hunters, Metroid: Other M)
:4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede: (Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land, which is actually the only Kirby game I own.)
:4pikachu::pt::4charizard::ivysaur::squirtle::4jigglypuff::4lucario::4greninja::mewtwomelee::pichumelee: (Played each generation's main titles, so yeah.)
:4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::roymelee: (Two games: Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Fire Emblem: Awakening.)
:4gaw: (Game & Watch Gallery 4 on the GBA! I actually knew this guy before getting into the Smash series.)
:4pit::4palutena::4darkpit: (Kid Icarus: Uprising. And I've also played the 3D Classics remaster of the NES game.)
:4olimar: (Pikmin 2! It's also the only Pikmin game I have played.)
:4mii: (I've played Wii Sports, after all.)
:4sonic: (I do own several Sonic titles... But I've long stopped buying them.)
:4pacman: (Don't own any Pac-Man game, but come on, who hasn't played the original Pac-Man?)
I was about to respond but I'm lazy and dont feel like it... and I dont feel like thinking
Making my way back out
Before I disappear, am I the only one that really wants a Kid Icarus U game, given the success of Uprising?
*raises hand*

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
@ Frostwraith Frostwraith Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land is one of my favorite Kirby games. You should definitely check out more Kirby games while you're at it!

Also definitely try out Pikmin 3, it is soooooo good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom