• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The one used in the GIF
That's a show? Hmm... I only remember commercials about the LEGO sets and... something mentioned about a show that I thought was some web-only thing that nobody really cares. In other news: Bionicle got a reboot-revival-thing - old news, but whatever since it's LEGO-related.

Oh, and I heard the new LEGO Batman game is good.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
That's a show? Hmm... I only remember commercials about the LEGO sets and... something mentioned about a show that I thought was some web-only thing that nobody really cares. In other news: Bionicle got a reboot-revival-thing - old news, but whatever since it's LEGO-related.

Oh, and I heard the new LEGO Batman game is good.
Bioncles used to be my favorite toy ever. I still have a few lying around in my house, keeping some of my favorites on a shelf in my room. There are a few I never got that I would get even today if I could, collecting them is something I have an interest in.

Am quite glad to hear it's getting a revival. The Hero Factory thing that apparently replaced it just couldn't compare to them IMO.

Soul.

So how is Anything Goes. Is Darkrai: The Metagame a thing?
Or is REKT that "thing"?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

Tell that to Ryu Hayabusa, Ezio Auditore & the other Assassins; Solid Snake, Raiden, Big Boss, Sam Fisher, Hotsuma, the TMNT, Batman, Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes, and... pretty much any other spy, ninja, assassin, sneaky-sneaky sneaker out there. THEY WILL GUT YOU. :p
They can't gut me if they can't get me!
TEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I'd say so, it's one of the best tracks in the game shame it only plays when you're destroying her with Mega Rayquaza.
Yes, Is an insta-favorite track for me, I actucally switched M-Ray out after reking her Goodra to extend the battle and use my Gyarados and Salamence to have a better Dragons vs Dragons Showdown

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Go ahead. I only watched a handful of episodes but I only thought it was nothing more than a cheesy cash-grab.
For this short rant:

The characters: If you expected a show that was serious, had a deep plot had few jokes. Then this show isn't no where near what you expected. The characters' back stories aren't even right.

DISCLAIMER: I know nothing about this.

Kai: Yes, his name is the generic Japanese name. This show tries to be all Japanese but you know, CN can't ever redo Samurai Jack. Seriously, Samurai Jack is the most Eastern Chinese/Japanese thing you will ever see. This character works at a shop with his sister. So one day the old Sensei (more on that later) guy goes in there. Being vague and everything didn't help. But surprise, surprise Kai is the red Ninja

The Ninja theory/ significant prophecy:

So there are 5 Ninjas. You'd think they would tell you there was a fifth one but NOPE! Let's wait until later to tell you and have you watch 10 episodes to figure it out. So, you go through this show finding out that

A. None of them is important
B. Only the green one is important.

This right here practically makes the last 4 hours you spent bonding with the characters meaningless. So who is it you may ask? It's the Snake guy's human son.

The Snake guy in a couple of words

Snake guy is actually the old guy's brother. (That's a run for my money) So he has a son before the first episode. And later l, it turns out that Lloyd (the son) is the green ninja.

Green Ninja is the bane of this show.

Old guy:

He is the stereotypical Sensei you imagine. Nothing new.

Kai's sister:

In the beginning, Kai got his sister taken. The first goal was to go get her back. However, the giant red Samurai suit was none other than her. You'd think she'd be important now but nope.

Zane:

This is a character I could grow on. However, you find out that he's a robot.

Yes

A

Robot

Excellent because a FREAKING MILLION OLD SENTENCE CAN TELL YOU ABOUT A ROBOT. Logic. They (once again) tell you that he's dead but just like the sister, no.

The other characters remain unimportant because they're not the Green Ninja.

The show has come back for a renewal and now they're in space or some crap like that.

Last edited:

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Anything Goes is so much fun, and I'm not sure why. Probably because it gets rid of Dupes clause.

Anyway, I'm late to the party but here's a list:
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::rosalina::4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig::4dk::4diddy::4wario: - All platforming Mario games, all Mario Karts, Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Island DS, Mario Party 1, 2, 8, 9, Mario Sports Mix, WarioWare Smooth Moves, Wario Land Shake It, Super Princess Peach, Donkey Kong Country 1, 2, 3, Returns, and Tropical Freeze
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink: Zelda 1, Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker (+ HD), Skyward Sword
:4samus::4zss: Metroid and Super Metroid
:4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede: Kirby's Adventure, Kirby's Dreamland, Kirby Super Star (+ Ultra), Kirby 64, Kirby Squeak Squad, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Kirby Return to Dreamland
:4pikachu::172::4charizard::ivysaur::squirtle::4jigglypuff::4lucario::4greninja::mewtwopm: All of the main titles, Pokemon Trozei (+ Battle Trozei), Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Pokemon Pinball (+ Ruby/Sapphire edition)
:4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::roypm: Fire Emblem: Awakening
:4gaw: None
:4pit::4palutena::4darkpit: Kid Icarus and Kid Icarus: Uprising
:4olimar: Pikmin 1, 2, and 3
:4sonic: Sonic 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles, Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Colors, Sonic Generations
:4pacman: "Don't own any Pac-Man game, but come on, who hasn't played the original Pac-Man?"
:4megaman: Mega Man 2
:4fox::4falco::wolf: Star Fox 64 (+ 3D)
:4ness::lucas: Earthbound
:4villager: Animal Crossing Wild World, City Folk, New Leaf

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Smash Wii U

Pokemon OR or AS.

Hyrule Warriors

Yep. In term of games that's what I want for Christmas this year. There's actually not much else I want aside from games and a few other things for some of my hobbies as I've got pretty much all the essentials I need to live life right now. If anything else I might see if I can get something relating to another one of my major interests (like a more powerful telescope, as I've always been interested in astronomy. I've seen some pretty powerful ones that let you really see the details on some planets such as Jupiter, but they must be taken apart and reassembled every time you want to move it somewhere, due to their huge size and number of instruments. But I've seen some that have a very similar amount of power as those that are literally just slightly bigger than a human head. Powerful and easy to move around, I'd love one like that).

___

And since it's one day till the first of December:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
For this short rant:

The characters: If you expected a show that was serious, had a deep plot had few jokes. Then this show isn't no where near what you expected. The characters' back stories aren't even right.

DISCLAIMER: I know nothing about this.

Kai: Yes, his name is the generic Japanese name. This show tries to be all Japanese but you know, CN can't ever redo Samurai Jack. Seriously, Samurai Jack is the most Eastern Chinese/Japanese thing you will ever see. This character works at a shop with his sister. So one day the old Sensei (more on that later) guy goes in there. Being vague and everything didn't help. But surprise, surprise Kai is the red Ninja

The Ninja theory/ significant prophecy:

So there are 5 Ninjas. You'd think they would tell you there was a fifth one but NOPE! Let's wait until later to tell you and have you watch 10 episodes to figure it out. So, you go through this show finding out that

A. None of them is important
B. Only the green one is important.

This right here practically makes the last 4 hours you spent bonding with the characters meaningless. So who is it you may ask? It's the Snake guy's human son.

The Snake guy in a couple of words

Snake guy is actually the old guy's brother. (That's a run for my money) So he has a son before the first episode. And later l, it turns out that Lloyd (the son) is the green ninja.

Green Ninja is the bane of this show.

Old guy:

He is the stereotypical Sensei you imagine. Nothing new.

Kai's sister:

In the beginning, Kai got his sister taken. The first goal was to go get her back. However, the giant red Samurai suit was none other than her. You'd think she'd be important now but nope.

Zane:

This is a character I could grow on. However, you find out that he's a robot.

Yes

A

Robot

Excellent because a FREAKING MILLION OLD SENTENCE CAN TELL YOU ABOUT A ROBOT. Logic. They (once again) tell you that he's dead but just like the sister, no.

The other characters remain unimportant because they're not the Green Ninja.

The show has come back for a renewal and now they're in space or some crap like that.
I saw the commercials for their "reboot", they definitely want to sell those Lego sets. Your point with the Green Ninja reducing everyone else's role is very accurate, the other ninjas do not have any real significance.

Remember: CN has done worse...*shudders at the thought of CN Real, Fried Dynamite, Uncle Grandpa, Problem Solverz, etc.*

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The games I've played for each Smash-repped series? Okie dokie

Mario series - Super Mario Land, Super Mario World, the original Mario Bros., Super Mario Galaxy, Galaxy 2 (ok I really just watched a walkthrough, lol), Mario Kart Wii, Super Mario Sunshine, Dream Team, Superstar Saga, some pre-Ware Wario game I can't recall right now, Super Princess Peach. Also watched walkthroughs of Luigi's Mansion games

Donkey Kong series - only played a bit of the original Country. Watched walkthroughs of Returns and Tropical Freeze

Yoshi - none unfortunately

Metroid - haven't played any, again just videos

Zelda - Oracle of Seasons, Ages, Wind Waker and Skyward Sword. I hope to get OOT 3D and MM3D soon

Kirby - Dream Land 2, Return to Dreamland, Super Star Ultra. I saw Air Ride at the GameStop my college used to have. Shoulda got it :c

Pokemon - Red and Yellow

Fire Emblem - Awakening

Kid Icarus - Uprising

Xenoblade - the first one. Hope to eventually play X

Mother series - all (only beat Mother 3 though)

Animal Crossing - New Leaf

Pikmin - none unfortunately

F-Zero - GX (need to get back to that)

Sonic - the first one

Pac-Man - the original arcade game

Mega Man - none sadly :c

Star Fox - a little bit of 64, and a 64 3D demo haha. Also watched a relative play some of Adventures

Wii Fit - I only own the first one, never used it cause of a horror story I read online that isn't fit to post here (hint: it involves a slipped disk)

Miis - I own Wii Sports Resort...

Punch Out - only watched walk through of the Wii game

Most of anything else I've watched others play, be it YouTube videos or in person.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oh God, THAT show....

I can't remember that much about it but from what I do remember, I wouldn't be surprised if my hatred for it was bigger than ever my hatred for Problem Solverz and Secret Mountain Fort Awesome.

EDIT: Man I glitched this post up...
What's Fried Dynamite?

D

Deleted member

What's the worst of all three? CN, Nickelodeon, or Disney XD / Channel? :troll:

D

Deleted member

My god. I want to buy a Pokemon Platinum box, but it's so hard to find one...

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
Tell that to Ryu Hayabusa, Ezio Auditore & the other Assassins; Solid Snake, Raiden, Big Boss, Sam Fisher, Hotsuma, the TMNT, Batman, Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes, and... pretty much any other spy, ninja, assassin, sneaky-sneaky sneaker out there. THEY WILL GUT YOU. :p
....Like a Cornish game hen?

Don't get me started on Batman's Ninja training. The whole idea that Ninja are super honorable and Samurai are like evil Ninjas is absurd. I'm strictly referring to the DC animated universe Batman here. I'm sorry If he had more legit Ninja training in the comics.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Boredom... Thanks @ NeonBurrito NeonBurrito for the template. :p

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::rosalina::4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig::4dk::4diddy::4wario:: This is a pain... Let's see:
Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, and I believe 3 - way too young to remember. I might have played World, but I'm not sure.
New Super Mario Bros. Wii.
Super Mario 64 - messed around mostly, especially with Mario's stretchy face.
Sunshine - never beaten - and Galaxy 1 & 2 - should finish 2.
Super Mario 3D Land - I just need to finish all the levels as Luigi and the special worlds.
Luigi's Mansion - I own Dark Moon, but haven't played it.
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga - friend let me try it out in 2nd or 3rd grade - and Dream Team which I need to finish.
Paper Mario - rented as a kid; never beaten -, own Thousand-Year Door, and almost finished Super Paper Mario.
Mario Party - I don't remember which, but I think I played several.
Donkey Kong? Perhaps 64 and maybe the original DK along with a demo of that Mario vs. DK game with the robots.
Yoshi's Story - rented; never beaten.
Oh, and I played Mario Hacks before.

:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink: :
Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword.
Played, but never beaten: The Legend of Zelda, Zelda 2, Four Swords Adventures, Oracle of Ages, or OoT Master Quest.
Owned: Oracle of Seasons.
Does Soul Calibur 2 on the GC count?

:4samus::4zss: :
Played, but never beaten the Prime Trilogy - I was really close to finishing Prime 1 before I got the Trilogy and wanted to start over.
Owned: Other M and the original Metroid - thank Club Nintendo.
I really wanted to play Fusion as a kid and because it unlocked the Fusion Suit in Prime. The Fusion Suit is my favorite suit aside from the Prime 2 & 3 and Other M suits.

:4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede: :
Rented: Kirby 64.
Played: Kirby Air Ride.
Owned: Kirby's Epic Yarn.

:4pikachu::172::4charizard::ivysaur::squirtle::4jigglypuff::4lucario::4greninja::mewtwopm::
Messed around in: Emerald.
Finished: Pokémon X. It's my first and official Pokémon game; nothing describes your first journey.

:4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::roypm: :
Finished: Rekka no Ken.
Played, but didn't finish: The Sacred Stones and Awakening - really close though.
Owned: Radiant Dawn - I did play the beginning to make sure it worked and let my cousin borrow it since I want to play Path of Radiance before it.

:4gaw::
None. I don't think they even sold any when I was born. Do they even have his games on eShop?

:4pit::4palutena::4darkpit: :
None. Same case as above with the first two Kid Icarus, but Uprising's everywhere so...

:4olimar: :4alph::
Rented: Pikmin 1.

:4sonic: :
Hmm... I think I played the first one and the third one. I still have the CD collection.
Finished: Sonic Adventure DX, Adventure 2 Battle, and Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity - the story or what's considered a plot; it had good music, though.
Played: Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog.

:4falcon::
None. I think none... Yep, none of the Capt.'s games. I wasn't aware when I was young and by that time, it was too late. I don't think I ever seen a F-Zero game for sale or if I had, I didn't know it was his game along with me not liking racing games in general. I do remember seeing GX for rentals.

:4pacman::
Played: Pac-Man.

:4megaman: :
Played: Mega Man X: Command Mission and Mega Man Network Transmission.
Unsure: Mega Man Legends. I remember a cousin owning it, but I don't remember if I actually played it at all.

:4fox::4falco::wolf: :
Finished: Star Fox 64, Adventures, and Assault.
Want: Command.

:4ness::lucas: :
None. I think I was too young to even be aware of it nor be able to get any of the games.

:4villager: Animal Crossing. It was horrible, well, it was made horrible because when I rented it, I was sick which probably made me think this franchise was horrible. After watching Chuggaaconroy's and some parts of NicolaNintendo's Animal Crossing: New Leaf videos along with the GameGrumps making fun of City Folk, I am considering it, but I'm not going to shell out full price for it. Call me a cheapskate, but I'm not going to drop moolah on something I don't want badly like Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Radiant Dawn, Skyward Sword, or Final Fantasy XIII-2 - I support what SE was doing with XIII-2 as sort of a do-over in game play and I like the XIII trilogy; sue me.

:4rob::
Uhhh...

:4littlemac::4wiremac::
None. Same as the other older franchises.

:4duckhunt::
Yep, I'm pretty sure I played Duck Hunt and used the Zapper. Damn mutt.

:4wiifit::4wiifitm::4mii::4miif::
Played: Wii Sports. It was horrible. I had nothing for the Wii before Brawl came out. ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE.

:4shulk::
FU, Gamestop and Nintendo. REALLY?! REALLY?! ONLY ONE GOD- *gets dragged off and sedated... again*

I either have to shell out $90 for it or buy a new New 3DS and the 3DS port which was announced just months after I bought the 3DS XL or just say screw it.

At least I own The Last Story and I did consider Pandora's Tower, but it's too creepy for me.

Edit:

Since :snake: was part of SSB:
Finished: Metal Solid 2, 3, 4, and Peace Walker.
Played: Metal Gear Online (2) - the MGS4 version.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Boredom... Thanks @ NeonBurrito NeonBurrito for the template.

FU, Gamestop and Nintendo. REALLY?! REALLY?! ONLY ONE GOD- *gets dragged off and sedated... again*

I either have to shell out $90 for it or buy a new New 3DS and the 3DS port which was announced just months after I bought the 3DS XL or just say screw it.

At least I own The Last Story and I did consider Pandora's Tower, but it's too creepy for me.
I got it for $50 about 4 months ago.

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
If the price for Gamecube adapters go down to around $30 or lower I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Boredom... Thanks @ NeonBurrito NeonBurrito for the template. :p

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::rosalina::4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig::4dk::4diddy::4wario:: This is a pain... Let's see:
Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, and I believe 3 - way too young to remember. I might have played World, but I'm not sure.
New Super Mario Bros. Wii.
Super Mario 64 - messed around mostly, especially with Mario's stretchy face.
Sunshine - never beaten - and Galaxy 1 & 2 - should finish 2.
Super Mario 3D Land - I just need to finish all the levels as Luigi and the special worlds.
Luigi's Mansion - I own Dark Moon, but haven't played it.
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga - friend let me try it out in 2nd or 3rd grade - and Dream Team which I need to finish.
Paper Mario - rented as a kid; never beaten -, own Thousand-Year Door, and almost finished Super Paper Mario.
Mario Party - I don't remember which, but I think I played several.
Donkey Kong? Perhaps 64 and maybe the original DK along with a demo of that Mario vs. DK game with the robots.
Yoshi's Story - rented; never beaten.
Oh, and I played Mario Hacks before.

:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink: :
Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword.
Played, but never beaten: The Legend of Zelda, Zelda 2, Four Swords Adventures, Oracle of Ages, or OoT Master Quest.
Owned: Oracle of Seasons.
Does Soul Calibur 2 on the GC count?

:4samus::4zss: :
Played, but never beaten the Prime Trilogy - I was really close to finishing Prime 1 before I got the Trilogy and wanted to start over.
Owned: Other M and the original Metroid - thank Club Nintendo.
I really wanted to play Fusion as a kid and because it unlocked the Fusion Suit in Prime. The Fusion Suit is my favorite suit aside from the Prime 2 & 3 and Other M suits.

:4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede: :
Rented: Kirby 64.
Played: Kirby Air Ride.
Owned: Kirby's Epic Yarn.

:4pikachu::172::4charizard::ivysaur::squirtle::4jigglypuff::4lucario::4greninja::mewtwopm::
Messed around in: Emerald.
Finished: Pokémon X. It's my first and official Pokémon game; nothing describes your first journey.

:4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::roypm: :
Finished: Rekka no Ken.
Played, but didn't finish: The Sacred Stones and Awakening - really close though.
Owned: Radiant Dawn - I did play the beginning to make sure it worked and let my cousin borrow it since I want to play Path of Radiance before it.

:4gaw::
None. I don't think they even sold any when I was born. Do they even have his games on eShop?

:4pit::4palutena::4darkpit: :
None. Same case as above with the first two Kid Icarus, but Uprising's everywhere so...

:4olimar: :4alph::
Rented: Pikmin 1.

:4sonic: :
Hmm... I think I played the first one and the third one. I still have the CD collection.
Finished: Sonic Adventure DX, Adventure 2 Battle, and Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity - the story or what's considered a plot; it had good music, though.
Played: Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog.

:4falcon::
None. I think none... Yep, none of the Capt.'s games. I wasn't aware when I was young and by that time, it was too late. I don't think I ever seen a F-Zero game for sale or if I had, I didn't know it was his game along with me not liking racing games in general. I do remember seeing GX for rentals.

:4pacman::
Played: Pac-Man.

:4megaman: :
Played: Mega Man X: Command Mission and Mega Man Network Transmission.
Unsure: Mega Man Legends. I remember a cousin owning it, but I don't remember if I actually played it at all.

:4fox::4falco::wolf: :
Finished: Star Fox 64, Adventures, and Assault.
Want: Command.

:4ness::lucas: :
None. I think I was too young to even be aware of it nor be able to get any of the games.

:4villager: Animal Crossing. It was horrible, well, it was made horrible because when I rented it, I was sick which probably made me think this franchise was horrible. After watching Chuggaaconroy's and some parts of NicolaNintendo's Animal Crossing: New Leaf videos along with the GameGrumps making fun of City Folk, I am considering it, but I'm not going to shell out full price for it. Call me a cheapskate, but I'm not going to drop moolah on something I don't want badly like Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Radiant Dawn, Skyward Sword, or Final Fantasy XIII-2 - I support what SE was doing with XIII-2 as sort of a do-over in game play and I like the XIII trilogy; sue me.

:4rob::
Uhhh...

:4littlemac::4wiremac::
None. Same as the other older franchises.

:4duckhunt::
Yep, I'm pretty sure I played Duck Hunt and used the Zapper. Damn mutt.

:4wiifit::4wiifitm::4mii::4miif::
Played: Wii Sports. It was horrible. I had nothing for the Wii before Brawl came out. ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE.

Edit:

Since :snake: was part of SSB:
Finished: Metal Solid 2, 3, 4, and Peace Walker.
Played: Metal Gear Online (2) - the MGS4 version.
You can get the Game&Watch Gallery games on eShop as well as some Game&Watch games from DSiWare

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
What's the worst of all three? CN, Nickelodeon, or Disney XD / Channel? :troll:
Nick is probably the worst of the bunch now. Honestly, they have like, 3 good shows and one of them is ending soon. So I guess I'd give it to them. Cartoon Network has been getting better since Adventure Time and Regular Show popped up, and then Steven Universe is also pretty solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom