• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
When did Marth go blonde?:troll:

For me, what's up right now is two things. First, I caved and bought a Yoshi wired fight pad to use until I can get a gamecube adapter. It actually handles pretty well, and it's not that I'm one of those "gamecube or bust" people, but the gamepad can feel pretty hefty on the wrists after awhile and I don't have 50 bucks to spend on a Pro controller. Besides, the fight pad functions as a classic controller, which I need for VC games and don't have, plus it's a Yoshi controller which is pretty cool.

Second, I got my Yoshi amiibo up to level 50, and I've been doing Yoshi dittos with it all day. This thing has been kicking my butt pretty good, but I've definitely improved as I can take games off it now, and I feel like I'm learning more from it than it is from me. Definitely satisfied with my purchase, and now that I've heard level 50 amiibo have a 1.5x damage multiplier, even if they aren't customized in any way, I feel pretty good about my playing when I can match it's damage dealt with my own.

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
Sorry for the quality. I wasn't home at the time when I recorded it.

Holy canoly. It's like Rosalina's down special was made specifically to mess up Ness's recovery. Sheesh.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Sorry for the quality. I wasn't home at the time when I recorded it.

Holy canoly. It's like Rosalina's down special was made specifically to mess up Ness's recovery. Sheesh.
I mean, in the Wii U version, the hint for Gravitational Pull outright tells you to use it to screw up Ness. :p

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Having trouble figuring out my last slot in Pokemon OR. Want a special attacker that doesn't already cover one of the types I already have, but I'm already at Mt. Pyre and want to have a whole team before the 7th or 8th gym. At this point I might have to have a Pikachu again even though I've had one in HG and FR. Maybe I should switch it up with a Raichu? I got really lucky and caught a Pikachu with a Light Ball though...Or maybe someone else has a suggestion for a special attacker before the 7th or 8th gym that isn't Fighting, Dark, Fire, Grass, Water, Psychic, or Ice...

Soul.

Having trouble figuring out my last slot in Pokemon OR. Want a special attacker that doesn't already cover one of the types I already have, but I'm already at Mt. Pyre and want to have a whole team before the 7th or 8th gym. At this point I might have to have a Pikachu again even though I've had one in HG and FR. Maybe I should switch it up with a Raichu? I got really lucky and caught a Pikachu with a Light Ball though...Or maybe someone else has a suggestion for a special attacker before the 7th or 8th gym that isn't Fighting, Dark, Fire, Grass, Water, Psychic, or Ice...
Manectric? It gets Flamethrower, Thunderbolt and all that stuff. Although its movepool is somewhat limited.
You can save the Light Ball Pikachu on your PC or Pokémon Bank.
Also, lol. It's Friday? It's almost December. When are the Miiverse PotDs ending again?

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
As mentioned above, Manectric's a good option. It has access to Electric moves, Flamethrower/Overheat and some Dark type moves (though you have to get lucky with Snarl as it's on a Mirage Island). Altaria's also a good option due to its Mega, though it's more balanced.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It would be more hilarious if it was Buzz Lightyear paraphernalia.
I think my mazes and monsters reference is funnier because Tom Hanks actually has a reason to be concerned over his son having a DandD addiction

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
What if Mario is cosplaying as Dr. Mario and vice versa?
Then that's a story to tell Peach and die. :p

Maybe that's a reason why Luigi is so sad and stuff. He has to keep Mario's and Dr. Mario's perverted, disgusting, dark, and horrible secret. His death glare and violent racing in Mario Kart are just ways to vent. Poor Luigi.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How the hell does FNaF do jump scares right?

I thought I was immune to the art of jump scares

But freddy gets me every time

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So I finally got around to watching an episode of Soul Eater again. This time it was the very first episode, introducing a few of the characters and elements of the show.

The characters Lord Death and Spirit Albarn had me dying of laughter.

Really looking forward to later episodes now.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Manectric? It gets Flamethrower, Thunderbolt and all that stuff. Although its movepool is somewhat limited.
You can save the Light Ball Pikachu on your PC or Pokémon Bank.
As mentioned above, Manectric's a good option. It has access to Electric moves, Flamethrower/Overheat and some Dark type moves (though you have to get lucky with Snarl as it's on a Mirage Island). Altaria's also a good option due to its Mega, though it's more balanced.
It's for in-game team before Elite Four so there's no way I'll get to a Mirage Island. At this point, Milotic is my only Pokemon that can't Mega Evolve, but I guess that doesn't really matter since it's just an in-game team. Maybe I should go for Manetric because it's faster an may hit harder...then again I might need Altaria to get its Mega Stone...

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So I finally got around to watching an episode of Soul Eater again. This time it was the very first episode, introducing a few of the characters and elements of the show.

The characters Lord Death and Spirit Albarn had me dying of laughter.

Really looking forward to later episodes now.
So, Lord Death is like Grim from the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy except not Jamaican?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Guys, I'm sorry to bring such a sad topic, but I just couldn't stop myself.

So my buddy Shorts, who I knew ever since I came to these boards, has passed away on the 14th. He was a great guy to have around, and died from injuries in a car accident.

RIP, @Shorts Super Smash Bros will miss you.

the8thark

Smash Lord

And you can get the game cheaper / or something else from the eShop cheaper with this deal (from EB games Australia)

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Lol... I just shocked my friend. He had Aegislash out, and my Mega Gyrados used Crunch on it. The look on his face... heh...

D

Deleted member

So my buddy Shorts, who I knew ever since I came to these boards, has passed away on the 14th. He was a great guy to have around, and died from injuries in a car accident.

I'm just going to leave this here from the Krystal thread:
In the meanwhile, we should take this time to pay our respects to Shorts.

To be honest, his death hit me pretty hard. I've known Shorts for nearly three and a half years and so did KumaOso and a few other people on this forum. Shorts was among the people who have been discussing prospects for Brawl and SSB4 for a long time and I first met him when the SSB Wii U thread opened (before the subforums came into existence). We had many disagreements on characters for SSB 3DS & Wii U but even with that I almost immediately came to respect him.

Shorts was no doubt a witty person. He had his own way of saying things and didn't conform to expectations of what was considered "popular" just because others said so. He stood up for what he believed in and said what he felt regardless of what others thoughts of him. He also was a hilarious person; sometimes his posts made me laugh and I looked forward to reading them even when I didn't always agree with him.

Definitely was among my favorite people to talk to during the pre-SSB4 period. I will miss him and so will his family and friends. Sympathy goes to all loved ones who lost him on the 14th of November.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

I'm so sorry to hear that.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Sorry to hear you guys lost a friend. I didn't know Shorts very well, but he seemed like a good guy, and all Smash fans are pretty cool in my book.

I've lost a few friends along the way. It's never a nice feeling. Hope you're all okay <3

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
It's for in-game team before Elite Four so there's no way I'll get to a Mirage Island. At this point, Milotic is my only Pokemon that can't Mega Evolve, but I guess that doesn't really matter since it's just an in-game team. Maybe I should go for Manetric because it's faster an may hit harder...then again I might need Altaria to get its Mega Stone...
Without spoiling too much, you can actually visit those spots before the Elite Four. It's just that they're randomly selected, so you'll only see one of them per day.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
My sister was telling me that she got my 7 year old nephew the new Call of Duty for his birthday...exactly like she did last year. My face was something like this:

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace

I'm so sorry for your loss. If you ever need a shoulder or two to cry on, we'll always be here for you.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I bought something on black friday that was $100 off

But it still came up to $500 with tax and everything

It's something I've been wanting for years now

But that much money is weighing heavy on me

It's something I took classes using in school

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sorry to hear about the loss, man. I may never have talked to him, or even heard of him before this, but my prayers go out to his family.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Shorty was one of the people the frequented the Smash 4 speculation thread before there even WAS a section for Smash 4

This loss isn't just for Cliffjumper, but all of us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom