• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Had a high five session with an enemy lucario in team battles, we were standing there mashing A giving each other high fives for 40 seconds while our teammates fought each other. For glory can be fun!

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Oh my ****ING lord.

18 Ultra Balls on Reshiram. One shook twice. Few shook once.

Used a Poke Ball. Caught it in one try.

T_T

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So far the only thing I've needed more than a pokeball on has been skarmory

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So Delta Episode confirms that Pokemon have alternate timelines...

Wasn't that already confirmed with Black and White?

Oh my ****ING lord.

18 Ultra Balls on Reshiram. One shook twice. Few shook once.

Used a Poke Ball. Caught it in one try.

T_T
This reminds me of Chuggaaconroy's (extremely loud) catch of Groudon and other legendaries where he either caught them on the first try or after tons of tries, a Poké Ball with a low catch rate like the Net Ball or something.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
So Delta Episode confirms that Pokemon have alternate timelines...

Its literally there just to justify why older gens have mega evolutions in the remakes. Chances are its never ever going to be explored.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
What? Does Red die in one timeline

Red wins the Elite 4 in the other

and Red looses in the third
Possible spoilers or whatever
Essentially the Hoenn from Ruby and Sapphire is in a different dimension (or at least a different part of space) to the one from ORAS.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Possible spoilers or whatever
Essentially the Hoenn from Ruby and Sapphire is in a different dimension (or at least a different part of space) to the one from ORAS.
So... Zelda has a wacky timeline due to Ocarina of Time's events, but in theory all games could branch off into another timeline like if Link lost in Skyward Sword which would mean no Link, no Zelda/Hylia, and no Ganondorf, but some new hero could take up arms to fight Demise and cause another "Hero vs. Ganondorf" for all of eternity, Mario is speculated to be a series of plays and drama and believed to have a timeline (Wario canonically won Mario Party 1), and now... Pokémon has alternate dimensions... What's next?! Star Fox involves time loops?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Yeah, pretty much what people are saying now is that Gen I and II are one timeline, Gen III to V is the second one, and Gen VI is a new timeline with Mega Evolutions.

As for Reshiram in Poké Ball, I have been catching legendaries with higher catch rates in them since I found out they were easier to catch than the ones with a catch rate of 3. This gen, I went all out and have only been using Poké Balls for everything.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Don't we have two time legendaries? Dialga and Celebi.
Yep.

I am impressed at this. It's not as awesome as Megaforce, however, for those who listened to the Lost Galaxy OST main theme, they used the words "Go Go Power Rangers" in a similar way.

Jason(the original Red Ranger) comes back as the official Silver Ranger. Also, it appears he has a canyon battle similar to one in MMPR where he takes on an enemy alone to save his friends.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yep.

I am impressed at this. It's not as awesome as Megaforce, however, for those who listened to the Lost Galaxy OST main theme, they used the words "Go Go Power Rangers" in a similar way.

Jason(the original Red Ranger) comes back as the official Silver Ranger. Also, it appears he has a canyon battle similar to one in MMPR where he takes on an enemy alone to save his friends.
Ooh, Jason returns?

That's a surprise to me

I expected Tommy (Jason David Frank) but not Jason (as in Red Ranger Jason)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ooh, Jason returns?

That's a surprise to me

I expected Tommy (Jason David Frank) but not Jason (as in Red Ranger Jason)
We don't know if anyone else is returning. Also, Gray and Silver are both colors in the original Kyoruger. May be changed here. Tommy is just a normal veteran ranger. Jason is truly considered the first Dinosaur guy, and Tommy got his callback more than once anyway. I can't remember if Jason showed up at the end of Super Megaforce, though.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
And to think the Pokemon timeline was going just fine.
Gen I and III take place at the same time.
Three years later Gen II and IV happen.
An unknown amount of time later BW happens.
Two years later B2W2 and XY happen.

Did they really need to give a convoluted plot as to why Hoenn is different in the remakes. We got along fine with story differences between the versions and changes with the previous remakes. Suddenly everything needs explaining.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash

Did they really need to give a convoluted plot as to why Hoenn is different in the remakes. We got along fine with story differences between the versions and changes with the previous remakes. Suddenly everything needs explaining.
Well, to be fair, it's easier for Pokemon to explain alternate dimensions than other franchises, given that they have Pokemon that can control various aspects of both time and space. So, if anybody's going to be messing with dimensions/time travel/shenanigans, I'm glad it's Pokemon.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well, to be fair, it's easier for Pokemon to explain alternate dimensions than other franchises, given that they have Pokemon that can control various aspects of both time and space. So, if anybody's going to be messing with dimensions/time travel/shenanigans, I'm glad it's Pokemon.
Whatever. Call me when there's a crisis on infinte Pokemon worlds and all the timelines come together.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Pretty much why it's best to just stick with the Pokemon Adventures/Special storyline.

Yellow - Two years after GRB
GSC - Year Later
RS - Couple weeks later
FRLG = Couple months later
E - Couple weeks later
HGSS - A Year or so/Couple months later
DP - Immediately starts after
P - Immediately starts after
BW - Same time as DP, finishes shortly after P
B2W2 - Two Years later
XY - NA/Same Time?
ORAS - Confirmed happening, NA

Snap - After Emerald
Ranger - Same time as DP

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I just tried to convince a guy who works in an Australian game store to sell me Smash for Wii U 4.5 hours early. He refused.

I mean, come on guy, just give me the game.

Now I have to wait until the store opens at 9am tomorrow.

I'm seriously considering downloading it but... it's just not the same.

JAK21

Smash Cadet
I just tried to convince a guy who works in an Australian game store to sell me Smash for Wii U 4.5 hours early. He refused.

I mean, come on guy, just give me the game.

Now I have to wait until the store opens at 9am tomorrow.

I'm seriously considering downloading it but... it's just not the same.
Radical beam I feel your pain, the game came out a week ago here in Canada, and I wanted it thursday but they never do midnight releases anymore and I hate doing downloaded games to console when they are on disk. I even had a friend working at EB and he refused. Once you get the game though man you will love it! Cheers man!

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Radical beam I feel your pain, the game came out a week ago here in Canada, and I wanted it thursday but they never do midnight releases anymore and I hate doing downloaded games to console when they are on disk. I even had a friend working at EB and he refused. Once you get the game though man you will love it! Cheers man!
Thanks mate! Midnight releases must be rare in all of the Commonwealth! We only get them here for console releases and Apple stuff. So annoying!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Thanks mate! Midnight releases must be rare in all of the Commonwealth! We only get them here for console releases and Apple stuff. So annoying!
And Call of Duty, don't forget that

JAK21

Smash Cadet

The last midnight release I went to was for the PS4, but game wise was Skyrim when it came back out a few years back. From what I have been told it is very rare world wide that a midnight release ever happens, and reason for that is because it cost the stores such as EB games, walmart etc... more money as they are needing to pay however many employees at the store working for the over time. So they stop midnight release to save money (in other words be cheap) haha!

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
Ok! I'm on a plane back to Sweden! I will arrive in approximatley 7 hours. What should i do to pass the time?

Also, Smash 4 wiiu releases in Europe today!!!:bluejump:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

As I've got my copy 3 days earlier than the original EU release date, I was finally able to make it:

The two characters, also among my favorites coming from video games, I've ever wanted to see included in Smash, staring at FD with this Uber-Awesome-BlazBlue-Like remix playing backward, before their great showdown.
My life can very hardly become even more completed.

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Pretty much why it's best to just stick with the Pokemon Adventures/Special storyline.

Yellow - Two years after GRB
GSC - Year Later
RS - Couple weeks later
FRLG = Couple months later
E - Couple weeks later
HGSS - A Year or so/Couple months later
DP - Immediately starts after
P - Immediately starts after
BW - Same time as DP, finishes shortly after P
B2W2 - Two Years later
XY - NA/Same Time?
ORAS - Confirmed happening, NA

Snap - After Emerald
Ranger - Same time as DP
I've heard theories that X/Y and ORAS take place in the same timeline/ dimension, not with the other Pokemon games.
OARS -> X/Y

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom