• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
As a player of the original R/S(I barely went through Emerald), I gotta say the water complaint is very legitimate. Keep in mind the meme is funny right now, but the high amount of annoying water types, little variety in them as well(a major issue with the original that was not fixed), and no decrease in natural wild rates on the water makes it basically a poor experience. That's one thing they did not need to emulate accurately. -_-
God dammit I'm so hyped for tomorrow. The way I see it, the IGN reviewer really explained their point very poorly, making it sound like something akin to glitches or unbalanced mechanics a la the psychic types in gen 1, when really it's nothing more than a minor annoyance. It potentially could've been a good review if she awarded it an appropriate score like 10 8.9 or similar, but just looking at the summary is a joke TBH, with an average score and only two weak criticisms. Though I felt she did neglect to mention a few things as well, the amazing soundtrack, the delta episode, easier to locate mega stones, etc. Though all in all, some of the memes I've seen are funny, and the games got more popularity as a result, which is always good.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So
this is true?
Don't watch this movie, by the way. I thought I liked it, but nostalgia kept it good.
Yeah, it's true.

Goes to show more of humanity's true colors... :evil::smirk:

I've even heard of actual happenings of people being trampled to death because thanks to such insanity.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Don't sass Sunshine or I will cut you. From Smash 4.
I have never played Ruby and Sapphire but I know for a fact water areas in Pokemon are not my thing, coupled with the lack of customizable avatars, I think I'll skip out on this one.
You can't customize your characters in ORAS. :c

Please don't threaten me, I just do not find Sunshine that enjoyable. It's not a bad game by any means(frankly, I save that for stuff I can't even play decently at all, like Sonic Unleashed), mind you, just not for me. But Super Mario 64 is still the only 3D Mario game I particularly enjoy, but eh.

By the way

What does this mean?
It means an NPC in Smash can be playable in the same game if Sakurai chooses so. As long as he wants that character playable or he's able to actually do it. Ridley does not apply to this, but I'm led to believe he attempted to make him playable. Toon Link and Duck Hunt are two examples of this.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
God dammit I'm so hyped for tomorrow. The way I see it, the IGN reviewer really explained their point very poorly, making it sound like something akin to glitches or unbalanced mechanics a la the psychic types in gen 1, when really it's nothing more than a minor annoyance. It potentially could've been a good review if she awarded it an appropriate score like 10 8.9 or similar, but just looking at the summary is a joke TBH, with an average score and only two weak criticisms. Though I felt she did neglect to mention a few things as well, the amazing soundtrack, the delta episode, easier to locate mega stones, etc. Though all in all, some of the memes I've seen are funny, and the games got more popularity as a result, which is always good.
To be fair, the summary is useless. Gotta read it all. I pretty much agree, namely with any problems with the original unaddressed(like the overusage of water without making it more fun to go around). As long as we can find Steel types that aren't Ground/Rock(thus, useless on Water), things like Tentacool aren't dumb to deal with. Wingulls can be annoyed thanks to being able to Confuse you, too. An electric type is pretty much required at some points. :/ Grass won't cut it this time.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Please don't threaten me
It means an NPC in Smash can be playable in the same game if Sakurai chooses so. As long as he wants that character playable or he's able to actually do it. Ridley does not apply to this, but I'm led to believe he attempted to make him playable. Toon Link and Duck Hunt are two examples of this.
So this

Midna_and_Wolf_Link_.dlc.png

Is possible?

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Please dont go. I dont want you to die
But I must! What other time of year can I get sweet deals on Toy Story toys for my collection? Besides I'm going in the afternoon so I should at least come out of the store without an arm...

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
To be fair, the summary is useless. Gotta read it all. I pretty much agree, namely with any problems with the original unaddressed(like the overusage of water without making it more fun to go around). As long as we can find Steel types that aren't Ground/Rock(thus, useless on Water), things like Tentacool aren't dumb to deal with. Wingulls can be annoyed thanks to being able to Confuse you, too. An electric type is pretty much required at some points. :/ Grass won't cut it this time.
The dex before you beat the Elite Four is the same, but with pre-evolutions and evolutions included like Budew and Dusknoir. Postgame is where you can find new Pokémon.

@ Space Stranger Space Stranger

Good luck! We believe you can do it!
And why is this a gif?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
But I must! What other time of year can I get sweet deals on Toy Story toys for my collection? Besides I'm going in the afternoon so I should at least come out of the store without an arm...
Come back alive D:
but in case I have you tomestone read
" Here lies Space Stranger. Died getting toy Story Toys and didn't regret it."

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Let's make an analogy here

I am a transformers fan, pretty obvious since I named myself after an AUTOBOT, but I don't collect toys of them like others do, In fact all I really have is an Age of Extinction Flip and Change Grimlock, which I only bought for making good grades on my midterms, and I made a promise to myself that I will buy an MP10 Optimus Prime only if I get a good enough accomplishment in college this semester.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Maybe. Here's an interesting thing Frostwraith brought up; Sakurai doesn't like reusing the same model at the very least, and even more, two of the same character appear in the background and as a player only if they're a sprite and a polygonal model.

However, they could actually be promoted, but that would disable the Midna trophy to avoid this issue. Although to be fair, I'm not exactly finding this likely to happen, but I think we both agree on that regardless.

The dex before you beat the Elite Four is the same, but with pre-evolutions and evolutions included like Budew and Dusknoir. Postgame is where you can find new Pokémon.
Nice, but can I still get a Steel type mixed with non-Rock/Fire/Ground before the water sections. XD Although Budew helps.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Is anyone still baffled that Mario hasn't have a balloon in the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade?

Am I the only one who still watches it?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Maybe. Here's an interesting thing Frostwraith brought up; Sakurai doesn't like reusing the same model at the very least, and even more, two of the same character appear in the background and as a player only if they're a sprite and a polygonal model.
However, they could actually be promoted, but that would disable the Midna trophy to avoid this issue. Although to be fair, I'm not exactly finding this likely to happen, but I think we both agree on that regardless.
Of course it's unlikely, but I need my new Zelda character and this is the best choice.
There's no issue with disabling the Assist Trophy when they are present because it's extremely random anyway.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Let's make an analogy here

I am a transformers fan, pretty obvious since I named myself after an AUTOBOT, but I don't collect toys of them like others do, In fact all I really have is an Age of Extinction Flip and Change Grimlock, which I only bought for making good grades on my midterms, and I made a promise to myself that I will buy an MP10 Optimus Prime only if I get a good enough accomplishment in college this semester.
I just see toy collecting as a hobby. While the toys moslty just stay on a shelf, I try to take pictures of them in various poses/scenarios. To each their own I guess.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Is anyone still baffled that Mario hasn't have a balloon in the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade?

Am I the only one who still watches it?
Stopped watching it years ago XD
I've been cooking since forever
I've been lending a hand to my ma, and I left the turkey in the oven but forgot to turn it on 0_0. This was 5AM EST
Welp now it's finished

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Stopped watching it years ago XD
I've been cooking since forever
I've been lending a hand to my ma, and I left the turkey in the oven but forgot to turn it on 0_0. This was 5AM EST
Welp now it's finished
oh **** I forgot about the pikachu balloon... I think I outgrew it though

Both Olimar/Alph and the Pikmin animate at 60FPS on the Wii U version.
All assist trophies and Pokemon also animate at 60 on the Wii U version.
now that you say that, I see it now, whao

Last edited:

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
Gotta have that Zelda DLC character. I'm not one to grasp at straws too often, but I think knowing Sakurai as we do there is still a possibility of DLC. I mean, when Mario Kart, Hyrule Warriors, Fire Emblem Awakening amongst others get paid (and amazing) DLC why not Smash? Just because he said they're not working on it doesn't rule it out entirely. I can totaly imagine home saying something like "we weren't working on DLC when I gave the interview, we started the day after!" sorta thing. And Zelda definitely merits a character, considering it's THE SAME AS BRAWL! I can dream...

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Nice, but can I still get a Steel type mixed with non-Rock/Fire/Ground before the water sections. XD Although Budew helps.
Skarmory, but he's rare and can be a pain to catch.
Mawile (OR only), but he's rare as well.
Magnemite, with Magnezone obtainable without needing to trade. You need Surf, though.
Aron, but only Mega Aggron isn't Rock-type.
Or use the shiny Beldum you get via Mystery Gift. ;)

Budew isn't obtainable in the wild, though. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom