• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I can imagine the Tournament if Little Mac gets unbanned....

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Or it could be they believe he's way too OP on flat stages. I don't blame them for thinking that. Variety is also a possibility, and honestly, after the constant dumb MK dittoes in Brawl, I also like seeing something more interesting than the same damn matches over and over.

No reason was given, however, but we'll have to see how the tourney goes regardless.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I haven't brought up Rayman in a while.

I made some alts, people like alts right? Maybe they'll like Rayman too! Don't mind that last one, I'm still working on these.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I haven't brought up Rayman in a while.

I made some alts, people like alts right? Maybe they'll like Rayman too! Don't mind that last one, I'm still working on these.
I'm gonna bring up Man ray.

Nobody brings up Man ray.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Shouldn't character bannings really happen once a legit tier list is available?

:4littlemac: ain't no :metaknight:.
MK dominated on different types of stages. Little Mac's only known domination is on flat stages, which the tourney is all about. It could be because they want to see more guaranteed variety, a fair reason. They should honestly explain why, but I doubt it's simply because Little Mac is ridiculously good on flat stages. Partially, perhaps, but variety is kind of needed to also make a tier list too. If there's going to be one for flat stages, it requires less players to flock to Little Mac to make sure we get enough data on every character. Not going to happen if it's almost all Little Macs. Besides that, that would just mean he's likely S+ on that list and they need to test the other 50 characters. XD

Keep in mind I'm trying to avoid being a quick reactionary and actually thinking about why this decision was made.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I'm thinking they're banning him so we can get some variety in the match-ups. Though it does seem a bit haphazard, I hardly see people actually use him seriously.
Variety is such a great term

Melee: :foxmelee::falcomelee::sheikmelee:

Brawl: :metaknight::marth::popo:

Don't worry guys I'm mostly kidding...mostly

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Shouldn't character bannings really happen once a legit tier list is available?

:4littlemac: ain't no :metaknight:.
Its most likely not tier based.
Honestly Little Mac is like that one car in a racing game that has unmatched acceleration but average top speed and easily spins out, people just jump to it because it seems amazing at first but you actually need to know what you are doing to get anything done.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
They should ban Master Core too. But what the **** do I know about tiers, you know?
Just listen to the news yo! "Angry Smash Ball dominates tourneys across the country. Plans are being made to discuss if it should remain tourney legal or not! More at 11!"

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Eh, I just thought it would be a neat reference to a more obscure Rayman game.
If we want to get obscure, we could always give Rayman a beard like in that one French Rayman educational game.

Hell, anything from the educational games. Or the mobile games. The Rayman 2 beta even. Rabbids? Nah.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
If we want to get obscure, we could always give Rayman a beard like in that one French Rayman educational game.

Hell, anything from the educational games. Or the mobile games. The Rayman 2 beta even. Rabbids? Nah.
Or better yet, the transformations from the Rayman Raving Rabbids (GBA).

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Should have banned Rosalina instead.
Should be banning no one at all. Banning is an extreme last resort. The meta needs to evolve. And that can't happen if people aren't learning how to handle things and just saying "Ban it."

the8thark

Smash Lord
Should be banning no one at all. Banning is an extreme last resort. The meta needs to evolve. And that can't happen if people aren't learning how to handle things and just saying "Ban it."
It was a joke but I agree totally with you. People will gravitate to the A tier characters and the pros need to deal with that. Happens in every competitive game, people always favour the best.

D

Deleted member

Should have banned Rosalina instead.
How about we just don't ban anyone?
Least of all Little Mac, I know the general populace perceives him as this super insta-win character but you REALLY need to work for a win with him in any sort of higher-level play.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Banning characters?

Smash Wii U isn't even a week old yet. Why is this being discussed so soon?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Banning characters?

Smash Wii U isn't even a week old yet. Why is this being discussed so soon?
Because I run into battle like a ******** and get hit by stuff and will blame the character I face instead of actually putting effort into learning problem solving and using common sense. I don't want to learn, I want to go on the internet and say something is overpowered because pickles and get that character banned!

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Because I run into battle like a dumb**** and get hit by stuff and will blame the character I face instead of actually putting effort into learning problem solving and using common sense. I don't want to learn, I want to go on the internet and say something is overpowered because pickles and get that character banned!
Fighting games in a nutshell.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
To be off-topic for a sec, what are the best (or at least, most recommended) Custom Specials for Mii Brawler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom