• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharpMcHappy

Smash Apprentice
Sonic Boom for me isn't just bad, it's very disappointing. I kinda liked Lost World but wanted a bit more, and when I first saw the new models and the gameplay I kinda already understood that it was gonna flop. Damn, I was really hoping for a good sonic game...
Thank god I can rely on other franchises to deliver because I'm certainly staying away from Sonic Boom.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
Doublepost should be a new Pokemon move. Like Doubleslap, it hits 2-5 times but with an 100% chance of annoying all mod types:joyful: (And serious I do think an emotion should become a new status effect in Pokemon, maybe not anger though).

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Oh so you are one of those people...
Its widely known that Boom is a terrible game, so terrible that BigRedButton almost immediately started falling apart after its release. Some small fraction of people may like it but it was a pretty catastrophic failure, not E.T. level of failure but bad enough to cause damage.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Oh great, @ TJ-Works TJ-Works became Excalibur.

*insert Excalibur face*
FOOL.

You cannot EXPECT another to insert a face for you. Does a fisherman hand another man his rod and expect him to fish his meal?

FISH IS DISGUSTING. I recommend caviar.

I will sing for caviar...

EX-CAVIAARRRRR~!

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Its widely known that Boom is a terrible game, so terrible that BigRedButton almost immediately started falling apart after its release. Some small fraction of people may like it but it was a pretty catastrophic failure, not E.T. level of failure but bad enough to cause damage.
I hope no game becomes E.T Video game industry crashing level

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
If someone does manage to do that in this day and age, they would need to get an award. They could make millions on writing a book titled "How to suck at making games" just out of curiosity of others on how they managed to make such a flop.

Gaming industry is pretty safe from another E.T. situation Im sure, but Apps on the other hand! I think they will eventually flop what with the whole "Theres an app for that!" thing.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The Atari port of Pac-Man was just as much of the cause as E.T. and many forget that E.T. itself was just overproduced, which is why it was buried. It was never unplayable trash, just kind of bad. The developer has a super short time to make it and it was very playable considering that. The Pac-Man one was far less playable overall due to immense glitches that happened and was one of the biggest porting disasters of all time.

Both were buried(Pac-Man due to its extremely poor quality and E.T. solely due to its overproduction, as many cite it was very playable, if not one of the better Atari games at the time, which says a lot), but for different reasons as noted. Yes, it's sad that Pac-Man was the worse of the two games overall(keep in mind that E.T. had zero game-breaking glitches and was just unpolished) and if you played long enough, the actual game would glitch up severely(and yes, I am referring to Pac-Man for the glitches bit). I can't remember if they ported the actual sprites badly, making it difficult too. Like too big of sprites or something. I know that the handheld version of Chrystalis suffered from sprite changes, making it very difficult. The original wasn't easy by any means, mind you.

Last edited:

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
What are your thoughts on Duke Nukem Forever's development? :troll:
Pretty much an example of what an in-development game would never want to see. Constantly jumping from one developer's hands to another repeatedly while keeping remnants of past ideas and adding their own....Thats a video game hell for sure. The game has some entertainment levels at least, it just had no chance to hold up its own legacy.

D

Deleted member

Are there any other huge challenges you've done?
I don't exactly know why that's relevant but okey.
-4 KOs as Dark Pit in Cruel
-8 KOs as Lucina in Cruel
-9.0 Classic with no Customs
-20 turns in Crazy Orders as Mario
-Master Orders ticket on intense
-All-Star in 6 minutes with Shulk
@Chucklehead Tom I suck at Little Mac, I've had a lot of luck with Ganondorf. Warlock Punch brushes off multiple enemies at once, and all his other moves kill really early.
I've had some luck with Ganon, but as I stated sometimes the CPUS will all converge on you at once it seems. Little Mac seems better for me because he has more super armor than any fighting game character ever, hits like a mach truck stapled to another mach truck, and moves quite fast.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Seeing Twitch Plays Pokémon catching Primal Groudon with an Ultra Ball restored my faith in humanity... Kappa

the8thark

Smash Lord
What is the game you guys play most outside of smash? For me it's pokémon and/or Animal crossing new leaf.
  • I am a Blizzard fan so I play Diablo 3, Hearthstone and Starcraft 2 quite a bit. I also am in the Heroes of the Storm beta and I've played that a bit too. It's a great MOBA. But I have to say I prefer D3, HS and Heroes more.
  • On the WIiU the only other game I play a lot is Hyrule Warriors.
  • I do emulate the NES, SNES and GC and play their games on my iMac. I homebrewed my Wii so I could copy the GC games I own to a USB stick then my iMac hard drive to play the GC games. I use a mayflash adapter to use the Wii classic controller with Dolphin. And for the most part it works just great out of the box.
  • I have a few other computer games in my iMac as well.

These days though I'm not playing too many games cause I am pretty busy but I have all the options there if I ever get some more free time.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't exactly know why that's relevant but okey.
-4 KOs as Dark Pit in Cruel
-8 KOs as Lucina in Cruel
-9.0 Classic with no Customs
-20 turns in Crazy Orders as Mario
-Master Orders ticket on intense
-All-Star in 6 minutes with Shulk
I was just asking. I was hoping there were some I could help on, but I'm not so great myself on those.
I've had some luck with Ganon, but as I stated sometimes the CPUS will all converge on you at once it seems. Little Mac seems better for me because he has more super armor than any fighting game character ever, hits like a mach truck stapled to another mach truck, and moves quite fast.
I haven't played much of Classic, but I know Ganon is the best for Crazy Orders. Regardless, Little Mac is good because of his speed and power, and also because he's purely physical. If you have it, you should use any badges with the "Vampire" effect. It is super helpful, especially for Little Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom