• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Blue exorcist looks kinda good, but the art style for Soul eater looks awesome! :) I might actually watch soul eater and baccano when i have the time.
Soul Eater has comedy, action, memorable characters and supernatural stuff, with a pinch of surreal horror on top of it.

The manga is much better in regards to the characters, though. Have much more development than the anime that only adapts part of the manga before splitting off to a different ending.

Soul.

Maylay Mario wasn't that angry. Brawl Mario was angry. Smash 4 Mario is a bit.
Luigi has always been a scared/happy hybrid in Smash.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
@ Jiggsbomb Jiggsbomb If you're into supernatural stuff, I might recommend you Soul Eater and Blue Exorcist. Though, for those series, I recommend their respective manga, because they're miles better than the anime adaptations.
@ Jiggsbomb Jiggsbomb

Correction: the animation done for both anime series is top notch, but their overall plot lines are hindered and underdeveloped, simply because they didn't wait for the manga to finish.

If you're more interested in animation than story, go for the anime. Otherwise, do go for the manga series as Frosty said.

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Well I can give it a go when i have the time! My oldest daughter is quite the fan of full metal alchemist, maybe I can watch it with her? :)
Brotherhood is the one closest to the manga and also the best. I personally preffer the manga version over the anime.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I wonder why NoA does that. Do they think 'Murrica hates happy Kirby or something?
Japan likes cuteness. Kawaii and all that.

In 'MURRICA, cuteness is for pansies. It's all about being HARDCORE and MANLY.

Last edited:

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
Soul Eater has comedy, action, memorable characters and supernatural stuff, with a pinch of surreal horror on top of it.

The manga is much better in regards to the characters, though. Have much more development than the anime that only adapts part of the manga before splitting off to a different ending.
Well I'll definitely give it a shot when i have the time!

Tekkaman Blade: Space knights fight giant enemy crabs

Hokuto no Ken:
Fallout Jesus makes people explode

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure:
Self Explanatory

Jojos bizzare adventure looks like a cluster of testosterone and silly fights. I must watch it.

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
@ Jiggsbomb Jiggsbomb

Correction: the animation done for both anime series is top notch, but their overall plot lines are hindered and underdeveloped, simply because they didn't wait for the manga to finish.

If you're more interested in animation than story, go for the anime. Otherwise, do go for the manga series as Frosty said.
Well I'm interested in both, I'm also kinda a book lady over a tv show lady :p But the artstyle looks so cool! I have to watch the anime.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Am I the only one who will more often then not show restraint against a jigglypuff who missed a rest? I usually just slap them with the first part of my A combo.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well I'm interested in both, I'm also kinda a book lady over a tv show lady :p But the artstyle looks so cool! I have to watch the anime.
Yeah, the art style for Soul Eater is one of my favorite things about the series.

(You may have noticed two Soul Eater gifs in my signature...)

Anyway, you should already have a big to-watch list with the recommendations we gave. :p

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
Yeah, the art style for Soul Eater is one of my favorite things about the series.

(You may have noticed two Soul Eater gifs in my signature...)

Anyway, you should already have a big to-watch list with the recommendations we gave. :p
Yes, and I'm excited! :) I will probably watch Jojos, Baccano or Soul eater first.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
@ Jiggsbomb Jiggsbomb

These, plus my reccomendations:

• Soul Eater if you love action, expertly animated action scenes, and over the top characters.

• Baccano if you like entertaining characters and non-linear storylines.

• Studio Ghibli films.

• Avatar: The Last Airbender if you love a great balance of story, characters and themes, with a uniquely built world that these take place in. (Although this was made by a western studio, it can be considered a non-traditional anime, but a good anime nonetheless.)
when did Avatar: The Last Airbender become an Anime...in my opinion, that not an anime at all

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited by a moderator:

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
Ok! You guys and gals have convinced me to watch.

Jojos bizzare adventure

Durarara!

Baccano

Full metal alchemist

Soul eater

That is kinda good start, right? I'll start watching them when i have time.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Ah sorry for the late reply, sure I dont mind,
I have a room up

Ok! You guys and gals have convinced me to watch.

Jojos bizzare adventure

Durarara!

Baccano

Full metal alchemist

Soul eater

That is kinda good start, right? I'll start watching them when i have time.
Great choices, you won't be disappointed. Which are you watching first?
Edit: Toast not double posts

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, anyone got a couple movies they are looking forward to? At least as far as recent ones go? Not really sure myself, there hasn't been too much that caught my eye.

Probably smoething to do with how brawl was a dark and serious game.
I'd imagine so. But Mario is strangely the one effected the most out of this. I mean, even Kirby and Luigi managed to keep their characteristics in tact.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
when did Avatar: The Last Airbender become an Anime...in my opinion, that not an anime at all
That's a whole other debate, that a lot of fans still speculate and argue over. Here's my opinion:

• Anime is short for Animation; a very generalised term.
  • The Last Airbender is in an 'anime style' that's quite comparable to art styles of regular anime.
  • The main reason a lot of people are against The Last Airbender is because it was created by a western studio; an aspect which has NOTHING to do with the actual show itself.
On the whole, I classify The Last Airbender as an anime on the grounds that:
  • The art style is Anime-esque.
  • It's an animation.

Last edited:

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
Great choices, you won't be disappointed. Which are you watching first?
I am thinking soul eater. Dear jesus that art style captivated me.

But Testosterone and biceps cluster AKA Jojos bizzare adventure looks like fun.

But I pick soul eater as my primary "To watch anime".

Well, anyone got a couple movies they are looking forward to? At least as far as recent ones go? Not really sure myself, there hasn't been too much that caught my eye.

I'd imagine so. But Mario is strangely the one effected the most out of this. I mean, even Kirby and Luigi managed to keep their characteristics in tact.

Well I looked forward to jurassic world. But I think the trailer is horrible! I just didn't like it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom