• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Touhou is a series of Shoot em up/Bullet Hell games (emphasis on the 'hell' part) featuring cute girls in frilly dresses. There are also a few fighting games.

Most importantly, the series has an absolutely incredible amount of fan made material and that is where a large part of enjoyment comes from. There are a few animes (all fan made, including the gif in my sig), manga, music remixes and all that.

I'd suggest that you enjoy the animes, memes and other fan stuff before playing the games. The games are notoriously hard.

All said, I do encourage you to try out the framchise. @TheFirstPoppyBro is the resident Touhou expert, by the way.
Late reply but....
Despite alot of the music being remixes of existing ones, I personally think some of the them make them better than the originals. Thats how freaking amazing they are imo.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Ok, I am not a big fan of anime. Convince me to watch an anime you like.
Watch something by Studio Ghibli, they're more along the lines of a live-action feature film (thematically speaking) than SCREAMING IN JAPANESE AAAAAA

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
GGs from you, but you have to admit that PK Fire off the train took some skill!

Anyway, one last game.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So I used Bad Translator on "Show me your moves! Falcon Punch!"

It eventually resulted in "Show me the dance of the Falcon!" After a few more iterations, I ended up with "Let me see you play with other people!"

...Huh.
"Dance of the Falcon"? That sounds like an ancient fighting style.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
More Bad Translator fun:

"Life is like a grapefruit. It's squishy, and it has a lot of pips in it. Oh, and a lot of people have half of one for breakfast." -> "My life, for example, orange,thin, there is another project, Oh, Oh,many, almost half of your own room."
"The Wii U Gamepad has BUTTONS and a MICROPHONE on it!!" -> "Map control and microphone! This button"
"You must recover!" -> "Back!!!!!"
The winner is... LITTLE MAC!" -> "The winner is...someone who can get!"
""I was in a Melee!" "You think you're tough? *I* got caught in a Brawl last night!" "Oh yeah? Well I was in the middle of a for Wii U/3DS the other day!" "...What?"" -> "And fight! You think that only? **I'm in the club last night. Oh-Oh, really? You Wii/3DS days! ...What?"

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ok, I am not a big fan of anime. Convince me to watch an anime you like.
Death Note if you like thrillers. This can get pretty intense despite not being action and if you like cop dramas, you'll like Death Note.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood if you like action. This one has a great story that explores interesting themes.

Attack on Titan if you like terror. This one is a bit graphic and doesn't have a very positive mood, but it's still great with lots of mystery.

Durarara!! if you want some really crazy stuff.

Last edited:

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
Death Note if you like thrillers. This can get pretty intense despite not being action and if you like cop dramas, you'll like Death Note.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood if you like action. This one has a great story that explores interesting themes.

Attack on Titan if you like terror. This one is a bit graphic and doesn't have a very positive mood, but it's still great with lots of mystery.

I'm actually reading and I've watched attack on titan. The only other anime i've watched is Kill la kill.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

@ Jiggsbomb Jiggsbomb

These, plus my reccomendations:

• Soul Eater if you love action, expertly animated action scenes, and over the top characters.

• Baccano if you like entertaining characters and non-linear storylines.

• Studio Ghibli films.

• Avatar: The Last Airbender if you love a great balance of story, characters and themes, with a uniquely built world that these take place in. (Although this was made by a western studio, it can be considered a non-traditional anime, but a good anime nonetheless.)

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Someone needs to do a Link vs. Samus vs. Pit vs. Dark Pit vs. Lucina FFA.

[collapse="If you don't get it"]All Nintendo characters to have a figma action figure.

[/collapse]

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

Ur done goof' Joshy. Stahp being an idiot.

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
@ Jiggsbomb Jiggsbomb

These, plus my reccomendations:

• Soul Eater if you love action, expertly animated action scenes, and over the top characters.

• Baccano if you like entertaining characters and non-linear storylines.

• Studio Ghibli films.

• Avatar: The Last Airbender if you love a great balance of story, characters and themes, with a uniquely built world that these take place in. (Although this was made by a western studio, it can be considered a non-traditional anime, but a good anime nonetheless.)

I like myazaki films and I'm a avid legend of korra and last airbender fan.

I googled baccano, it seems decent. I like it when an anime isn't just mammaries flopping around. But I suppose that statement is contradictory, because i'm quite the fan of kill la kill.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People upload Garry's Mod Role Plays and they are as bad as you'd think they'd be

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@ Jiggsbomb Jiggsbomb If you're into supernatural stuff, I might recommend you Soul Eater and Blue Exorcist. Though, for those series, I recommend their respective manga, because they're miles better than the anime adaptations.

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
@ Jiggsbomb Jiggsbomb If you're into supernatural stuff, I might recommend you Soul Eater and Blue Exorcist. Though, for those series, I recommend their respective manga, because they're miles better than the anime adaptations.
Blue exorcist looks kinda good, but the art style for Soul eater looks awesome! :) I might actually watch soul eater and baccano when i have the time.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The only Smash game that didn't feature Angry Mario was Smash 64. :troll:
Melee Mario wasn't too angry. Hell, even Smash 4 knew to tone it down a notch. I've got no idea why this was the case in Brawl though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom