• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
But why can you record video on the console itself, but not pictures? It's not really that dumb of a question.

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
Brawl could save snapshots on the Wii system, but Smash 4 can't save them on the Wii U system.

I guess they didn't want to waste any space on the Wii U memory. Don't know why it would matter though.

D

Deleted member

So...

...How about this guys ?

As an adorer of the first, I'm very, very mixed.

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
So...

...How about this guys ?

Steven Spielberg movies always have good trailers. The movie isn't necessarily always good though.
Here's hoping that it lives up to the hype!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So...

...How about this guys ?

Before everything goes wrong, with those weird futuristic things it looks like Willy Wonka and the dinosaur factory

Last edited:

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
Rant Mode Engage:

I hate Greninja so so much......He is so unfun to play against and you can't get near him. All he does is hit you with stars, grab, up throw, up air repeat until death.

Projectiles don't work as he just jumps right over them and fairs you to death. I hate Greninja so so much. And this is from somebody who loves to play AGAINST Little Mac.
Shield the stars, spot dodge the predictable dash grab and punish. If that's all your opponent is doing, shouldn't be that bad.

If you have a counter or reflector, that really messes up our game even more.

Also, fair? That thing is laggy as hell. Just shield and punish it.

Greninja is very much up in your face and quick. Just play calmly and punish at the right times.

Edit: So, your mains are Luigi and Robin?

Greninja is a tough mu for Robin. You really need to play patiently in this type of match because, as said before, Greninja's really up in your face. Arcfire can keep a temporary protection against his uncharged shurikens for you to charge up the Thunder. If you can catch Greninja in an arcfire or arcthunder, make absolute sure to capitalize on that. Get Greninja in the air and hit him with your charged aerials.

For Luigi, if Greninja tries to get in your face, do the grabs and get the air combos on him. That's what Luigi's do, right? Harass Greninja with your fireballs as well.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think my job is trying to turn me into Mr. Scrooge by squashing my social life and making me work through the holidays

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Shield the stars, spot dodge the predictable dash grab and punish. If that's all your opponent is doing, shouldn't be that bad.

Greninja is very much up in your face and quick. Just play calmly and punish at the right times.

Greninja is a tough mu for Robin. You really need to play patiently in this type of match because, as said before, Greninja's really up in your face. Arcfire can keep a temporary protection against his uncharged shurikens for you to charge up the Thunder. If you can catch Greninja in an arcfire or arcthunder, make absolute sure to capitalize on that. Get Greninja in the air and hit him with your charged aerials.

For Luigi, if Greninja tries to get in your face, do the grabs and get the air combos on him. That's what Luigi's do, right? Harass Greninja with your fireballs as well.
Strategy! Knowing how to defeat yourself is knowledge too!

D

Deleted member

Well, yesterday I was watching one of my replays, and after the match ended, I was able to move my character (with the Circle Pad) right before "GAME!" appeared. That probably explains why the replays aren't available in video form. And yeah I know the 3DS does the controls for the replay battles on its own.

Last edited by a moderator:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
So...

...How about this guys ?

Mixed as well. Still excited. Velociraptors do not look like they did in the third film, which is a good thing because I didn't like how they added the quills. Whose bright idea was it to create a hybrid dinosaur smart enough to escape and wreck thing?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Mixed as well. Still excited. Velociraptors do not look like they did in the third film, which is a good thing because I didn't like how they added the quills. Whose bright idea was it to create a hybrid dinosaur smart enough to escape and wreck thing?
Well you see... these Scientists didn't graduate school so...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like quills on raptors, but I DON'T like furry feather coats

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158

With Robin, wait for Greninja to throw a star, and charge your bolt, because Greninja doesn't have much range with that, so it gives you a breather, if anything.

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
Strategy! Knowing how to defeat yourself is knowledge too!
Yep! I will become the best Greninja player and then the best player IN THE WORLD.

Shoot for the stars, yeahhhhhhhhh.
With Robin, wait for Greninja to throw a star, and charge your bolt, because Greninja doesn't have much range with that, so it gives you a breather, if anything.
Pretty risky because if the star hits while you're charging, you lose all your charge. You'll need to be able to predict the range of Greninja's shurikens.

Plus, any Greninja player worth their salt knows that they can just jump approach, while charging shurikens, and release. Greninja would be slowly edging closer, so that could get quite annoying.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Yep! I will become the best Greninja player and then the best player IN THE WORLD.

Shoot for the stars, yeahhhhhhhhh.

Pretty risky because if the star hits while you're charging, you lose all your charge. You'll need to be able to predict the range of Greninja's shurikens.

Plus, any Greninja player worth their salt knows that they can just jump approach, while charging shurikens, and release. Greninja would be slowly edging closer, so that could get quite annoying.
Before you get there you gotta beat all the Elite 4's and champions first!

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Guys... I've been on Smash Wii U for 5 hours straight... I don't want to turn it off...

heeelp meeee.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I didn't think that many people would get mad if Spider-Man beat Batman in a fight. I'm a fan of both, but I could see how the guy with the actual super-powers would win. He's in a different league in that regard.

Goku and Superman was gonna start a flame war not matter who won or lost.

Still, I do want to see Kirby vs Buu.
Batsy is my favorite DC hero, can't den but I've gotta admit, he's overrated. I don't refer much to the franchise, but it's so annoying to see people always stating Batman wins against, say, Tenchi Misaki Arceus, The One Above All, The Pressence, etc. only because he's Batman.

Flame war could've been less strong if Goku win though (though knowing Supes, it's not going to happen).

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So...

...How about this guys ?

Been waiting for the trailer for ages now. I haven't liked the plot of the movies since I first learnt of it, but I'll probably still see the movie.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
And who would those beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

I mean, there's no clear cut top players for Smash Bros. 4 yet. .-.
Not Zero!:troll: Jk
All I know they are somewhere!
But I like to think Im gym leader level at least!

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
I agree with you. I really want there to be lots of Smash 4 competitive play rather than going back to Melee/Project M, because it really is a great game and deserves the attention it's been getting. Melee has been outshining the other entries ever since the smash competitive community was born and I can see how they could look away from Brawl(because of unbalanced characters, slower gameplay and tripping) but seriously, I see a lot of cool **** being done with Smash 4 and I don't want it to go to waste.

I don't think Rosalina will be a new Meta Knight. Not by a longshot. Meta Knight was incredibly cheap and could basically be played by anyone with slight knowledge of the game. Rosalina is good, but she needs to be mastered if someone wants to use her effectively and can be beaten if the other person is skilled enough.(I play Toon Link which is considered a low tier character and yet, I've beaten Rosalina mains before) If she gets banned then alright, you have proven me wrong, but I honestly doubt it. If she really was overpowered I think Nintendo would notice it and nerf her like they did with Bowser. I wouldn't have much to worry about there.

Also hi I'm new here.
Welcome! Also thanks its nice to hear someone shares my sentiments. I just don't want people to immediately go to banning OP characters because Meta Knight was a very special exception for a game that was already controversial. I'm glad they're at least trying to appeal to both crowds.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Exactly.
She even has the 3DS Version, but she gets pissed whenever I wanna play on my own. |:\

In other news;
As for Custom Move Progress, Me & My Sister have :4duckhunt: and :4rob: finished, and everyone else is steadily getting there (nowhere close to done, though)
Wow, NOW that's a shame.

Prevented to experience the gorgeousness of the Paper Mario stage...

I feel sad for you...really...

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So I just saw Dumb and Dumber To.

Not often do I see a sequel that lives up to it's predecessor, especially one made so long after the first... But this one did.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Ughh, I finally managed to pry myself off the Wii U.

6 straight hours of Smash Wii U. On my own. And now I'm tired.

I can't even get online yet, 'cos the patch isn't available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom