• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

the8thark

Smash Lord
It looks like Australia might have sold out of the game + GC adapter bundle also. It used to be up for pre-order at EB Games and a few other websites now it's not there at all. The listing for it is removed. You can only pre-order the straight game now. So it loots like Australians, if you wanted the game + GC adapter bundle, you might have just missed the boat.

It was up for pre-order a 2-3 days ago but now it's not up for pre-order now. SO I assume it's just pre-order sold out.
Just some info for the Australians on these forums.

Also EB games get all the Amiibo it seems, even the ones that are retailer specific exclusive in the USA. Sure they are more expensive here but you can get them all.
https://www.ebgames.com.au/featured/nintendo-amiibo

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Dunno about you but I have had some flawless connections to japanese players and european players while having some terrible connections with some other players in america.
its the fact that the servers will be packed so lag is sorta inevitable them. The onees with ****ty connections in the US must have ****ty internet

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It looks like Australia might have sold out of the game + GC adapter bundle also. It used to be up for pre-order at EB Games and a few other websites now it's not there at all. The listing for it is removed. You can only pre-order the straight game now. So it loots like Australians, if you wanted the game + GC adapter bundle, you might have just missed the boat.

It was up for pre-order a 2-3 days ago but now it's not up for pre-order now. SO I assume it's just pre-order sold out.

Also EB games get all the Amiibo it seems, even the ones that are retailer specific exclusive in the USA. Sure they are more expensive here but you can get them all.
hm 17.95 isnt bad. not 12. 99 like the US but 17.95 isnt really expensive
didnt mean to double post

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I never thought I would get tired of Smash, but...

After going through every goddamn thing on the 3DS version, I can't be arsed to do it all over again on the Wii U. Why can't everything unlock by linking the games, linking the games is pretty much useless. I'll end up doing it eventually.

I have all of the characters and most of the stages, so I'm good for now.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Uhm, quick random question: Is there any use for the Wii if I get a Wii U? Like homebrew-wise etc. Can I do EVERYTHING possible on the Wii, on the Wii U?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I could have sworn the listing was taken off longer than 2-3 days ago. I switched my pre-order to the game + adaptor when the Diancie distribution started. A bit later when I checked my account the bundle was taken off the site and clicking on it on my account just tells me it can't be bought online.
A similar thing happened when I preordered the Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Limited Edition. After awhile the LE was taken off the site and I couldn't view the product information on my account.
So yeah, I guess they sold out.

Also it's good there's no retailer exclusive amiibos here.

Uhm, quick random question: Is there any use for the Wii if I get a Wii U? Like homebrew-wise etc. Can I do EVERYTHING possible on the Wii, on the Wii U?
No Gamecube games. You also can't use Gamecube controllers to play games on Wii mode.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
hm 17.95 isnt bad. not 12. 99 like the US but 17.95 isnt really expensive
didnt mean to double post
Still, after doing the currency conversions we're still paying about $2.50 more for Amiibos. It's an outrage I say.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is it possible to catch a whismur with a hidden ability in ORAS?

the8thark

Smash Lord
I could have sworn the listing was taken off longer than 2-3 days ago. I switched my pre-order to the game + adaptor when the Diancie distribution started. A bit later when I checked my account the bundle was taken off the site and clicking on it on my account just tells me it can't be bought online.
A similar thing happened when I preordered the Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Limited Edition. After awhile the LE was taken off the site and I couldn't view the product information on my account.
So yeah, I guess they sold out.

Also it's good there's no retailer exclusive amiibos here.
I think you are right about that. it's a good thing they sold out right? Means the game is selling well here too.
And I think we are lucky on the Amiibo. A little more pricey but we have all the choice we want.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Just caught Lugia in Alpha Sapphire!

I like Ho-oh more...

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It IS possible to catch a Whismur with it's hidden ability!

I just did

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Sure is. The DexNav rocks.

Edit: Whismur'd

The good thing is, with version exclusives, you're pretty much guaranteed a trade for its counterpart.
The good thing is, I already have Ho-oh in Y. I'm pretty much doubling up on legendaries I already have. Tripling up with the musketeer quartet/Swords of Justice.

Last edited:

Soul.

Escape from the City being in Smash is a miracle.
All we need is Knuckles' theme.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
3 star rating potential

Modest

Hidden Ability

Egg Moves (A move I don't need, but still)

Whismur

Last edited:

Hartenberg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hartenberg
3DS FC
1220-8573-2488
I died in For Glory tonight so many times due to me Up B ing instead of side b ing to throw Gordos with DDD. I would just jump right off and the people I was facing would stand there baffled. The GamePad wasn't being nice tonight. :(

With that being said, Holy hell, DD is so much fun to play. He is for sure my new main. Also, why so many Links and Shulks? Literally, half of the people I played were either one of those guys.

Last edited:

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
With that being said, Holy hell, DD is so much fun to play. He is for sure my new main. Also, why so many Links and Shulks? Literally, half of the people I played were either one of those guys.
Same here. I'm really feeling Shulk's popularity!

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I like it when it turns into a shulk party when playing for glory free for all. I get to watch as every once in a while a shulk will backslash off the ledge because he thought he was a different shulk. Meanwhile I have fun being the only lucario and not having this issue!

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I died in For Glory tonight so many times due to me Up B ing instead of side b ing to throw Gordos with DDD. I would just jump right off and the people I was facing would stand there baffled. The GamePad wasn't being nice tonight. :(

Well, Shulk's part of a conquest right now

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
Did anybody know that the name "Prog" shows up if you press random on the name select?
What a sweet and touching gesture.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well after 60 ultra and timer balls I finally caught Heatran

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
You can hammer the Marth one, but you can't with clearing 9.0 classic without losing a stock. You can also hammer the true allstar mode without healing one.
First of all i said you should just hammer the marth one

And second of all as lex luther would say

WROOOOONG

i have the strategy guide and it said

"Clear true all-star mode on normal diffculty or higher without using healing items"

And its saids your not allowed to hammer that one.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
First of all i said you should just hammer the marth one

And second of all as lex luther would say

WROOOOONG

i have the strategy guide and it said

"Clear true all-star mode on normal diffculty or higher without using healing items"

And its saids your not allowed to hammer that one.
First of all, sorry I might have misread your post.
Secondly, I was getting my information from Smash wiki which shows that challenge as being hammerable (that's a word now)

But really, either source could be incorrect. Have you actually tried hammering that challenge?

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
So does Fils-A-Mech and NoJohns :p
Haha I saw that! Treehouse and Sakurai appear too. At least these guys have a good sense of humor.

Wait, are you saying that all these players are racking up conquest points for Shulk!?

No! Bowser is supreme!:mad:
I was playing Bowser earlier so no worries. Shulk won't win ;)

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Ahh that's true. Forgot about that. But is conquest really that big of a thing? It kinda feels like an afterthought to me. :/
Its really badly thought out as you get points JUST for playing a character that is in the conquest and not when its vs the opposing team with a conquest character and points are still drip fed for every loss then top it off you can end up negating your contribution if you play teams and end up teamed up with a character thats not on your conquest team.

But its something to hop into for free stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom