• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
They're making a new Mystery Dungeon game? What's it about?
It's not Pokemon. Mystery Dungeon is a rouge series of video game that uses other character from other games, like the Pokemon Mystery Dungeons (only Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer uses original character). This new they are doing is using various Etrian Odyssey classes for the game and is getting released in Japan March 5th 2015 other release dates are unknown. Etrian Odyssey is a gungeon explorer RPG that is known for it's rather crazy difficulty, unique art style, mapping the dungeons, and music. A really fun game series. Recent Etrian Odyssey 2 untold was announce and is coming out in Japan on the 27th of this month and it is a remake of the second game improved greatly, super updated graphics, story mode, updated mechanics, and other things and Etrian Odyssey 5 has been shown off, though it's release date is still unknown for Japan. It's one of my fave game series and I strongly recommend it if you are into RPGs, your best bet will probably be to start with Etrian Odyssey 4.

Etrian Odyssey and the Mystery Dungeon trailer;

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's not Pokemon. Mystery Dungeon is a rouge series of video game that uses other character from other games, like the Pokemon Mystery Dungeons (only Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer uses original character). This new they are doing is using various Etrian Odyssey classes for the game and is getting released in Japan March 3rd 2015 other release dates are unknown. Etrian Odyssey is a gungeon explorer RPG that is known for it's rather crazy difficulty, unique art style, mapping the dungeons, and music. A really fun game series. Recent Etrian Odyssey 2 untold was announce and is coming out in Japan on the 27th of this month and it is a remake of the second game improved greatly, super updated graphics, story mode, updated mechanics, and other things and Etrian Odyssey 5 has been shown off, though it's release date is still unknown for Japan. It's one of my fave game series and I strongly recommend it if you are into RPGs, your best bet will probably be to start with Etrian Odyssey 4.

Etrian Odyssey and the Mystery Dungeon trailer;

Ah. Sorry about that, I got confused for a sec.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Least favorite Smash? That's really hard!

SSB:
Pros: Very original idea, was pretty advanced for its time, and worked well.
Cons: I can't really think of any, since it was so new and fun.

SSBM:
Pros: Definitely had the best graphical and engine upgrades,
Cons: Lost some of the cartoony fun and charm, and focused a lot more on fierce competition. (A con in MY opinion). Some competition is great, but I think the engine was a little unwieldy if you just wanted to play for fun.

SSBB:
Pros: Greatest roster additions, a lot of fun new items and stages, slight graphical upgrade.
Cons: T.R.I.P.P.I.N.G. Also, engine was a little too floaty. Bad character balance (Meta knight being banned, Ice Climbers stupid chain grab/wobbling)

SM4SH3DS:
Pros: First Mobile Smash Bros Game, updated engine, customizations
Cons: Smash Run was very boring, no fun modes for me to unlock stuff, multiplayer was hard to organize, and had lots of lag.

Sm4SHWIIU:
Pros: First HD Smash Bros! Better stages than 3DS. Great controller support. Map maker is dumb, but fun to use with the gamepad. Decent character selection. Amiibos are surprisingly fun to use. The coop modes are awesome! And of course, 8 player smash!
Cons: Online still doesn't work great, Smash Tour is a bummer, but it doesn't take away from main game. No tourney support at launch. Still takes a long time to unlock anything.

So I think I'd have to say Smash 3DS is my least favorite, mostly just because it really isn't as fun to play on a small screen, and I couldn't play with people eassily.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
It's difficult for me to go back to Melee, so I guess that's my least favorite one. Never played 64, btw. My favorite one is 3DS, it's portable, I like Smash Run, even after playing it 300+ times I think, and gameplay is good.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Ah. Sorry about that, I got confused for a sec.
Yea. Mystery dungeon isn't really know all that well outside of Japan other then it being related to Pokemon. The majority of Mystery Dungeon games are actually Dragon Quest related. But the only Mystery Dungeon games to be released outside of Japan are the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games (excluding the WiiWare titles), Shiren the Wanderer (fun fact about this game, the game was originally released in 1995 and didn't get released in the west until 2008), Torneko: The Last Hope (Dragon Warrior/Quest one),2 Chocobo's Dungeon games, and The Nightmare of Druaga: Fushigino Dungeon. Of them, only the PMD set is popular everywhere... for obvious reasons. Hope to god the Etrian Odyssey version will get released over here though.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I like all games, but if I had to pick a least favorite, I'd choose Melee. Once I got my hands on Brawl, I've hardly played Melee again.

I stopped playing Smash for a long while and only gotten back into playing the series with the 3DS version.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The dual canon Samus has finally become prized Collector's item, eh? I was expecting it to turn up like that sooner or later.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Okay guys, caption contest: this was from a friendly game, and was not paused like this on purpose.:4ganondorf:
10285705_10204958878159329_5660075487502011601_o.jpg

My caption is:

Zelda: Ganon, I've got some bad news...

Or

Zelda finally found the stick up Ganon's rear.

Last edited:

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
My least favourite is 64. For reasons, I only played it for the first time AFTER both Melee and Brawl so I found it underwhelming. Amazing game for its time though, not many series have had such a great start that still holds up today, I just have preferred each one as they have progressed, so my fav ATM is 3DS, though that will almost certainly change within the next couple of months :)

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
If you could be able to use 1 attack from the smash universe. What attack would that be?
:4jigglypuff:'s Rest.
1. I can go to bed whenever I want, so no more uncomfortable moments lying in my bed.
2. I can easily attack someone in case of self defense.
3. Going by Pokemon logic, it would heal me while I sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom