• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
By the way, I'm not the anime guy. I'm more like this thread's voice of reason.
I'm not into anime either. But I actually really like Attack on titan and Kill la Kill! I'm reading the attack on titan manga. But I am much more of a regular book lady. I don't really like manga either :bee:

Ok, question. What would you do if Sakurai allowed you to add one thing in a patch to smash 4?

Last edited by a moderator:

SharpMcHappy

Smash Apprentice
welcome to Smashboards. As you can see, this particular thread is filled to the brim with insanity. Enjoy your time here.
Thank you.

I'd say Snake has less chances given he's a third party character and all...
Yeah, but I'm still hoping that he gets in. It was a pretty mindblowing thing that Nintendo put in a character with guns in Smash Bros when Brawl came out(even though they gave him explosives) so I think he's pretty iconic for the series. I do understand why they wouldn't want him in the game since a metal gear game hasn't been made for a Nintendo console for a loooong time.

A good replacement would be Bayonetta, it seems crazy but I think she'd be a perfect smash character. Either her or Travis Touchdown, I'd be cool if any of those got a place in smash as DLC. And yes, Lucas and Wolf would indeed be perfect for DLC.

Ok, question. What would you do if Sakurai allowed you to add one thing in a patch to smash 4?
I'd ask him to make a few more characters a bit faster. I really like the speed he gave Sheik, Greninja, Little Mac and Sonic, it really gives a lot of potential for great combos. I'd probably want him to speed up Fox and Cpt. Falcon just a bit more.

Last edited:

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
Thank you.

Yeah, but I'm still hoping that he gets in. It was a pretty mindblowing thing that Nintendo put in a character with guns in Smash Bros when Brawl came out(even though they gave him explosives) so I think he's pretty iconic for the series. I do understand why they wouldn't want him in the game since a metal gear game hasn't been made for a Nintendo console for a loooong time.

A good replacement would be Bayonetta, it seems crazy but I think she'd be a perfect smash character. Either her or Travis Touchdown, I'd be cool if any of those got a place in smash as DLC. And yes, Lucas and Wolf would indeed be perfect for DLC.

Heyyy! Welcome to smashboards! :joyful:

Shorten the charge time on Power Arrows for the WiiU version
*shot*
Well I would make the game a bit faster. Or add Ridley.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Shorten the charge time on Power Arrows for the WiiU version
*shot*
You want to be tortured by the agents that secretly work for me?

I'm not into anime either. But I actually really like Attack on titan and Kill la Kill! I'm reading the attack on titan manga. But I am much more of a regular book lady. I don't really like manga either :bee:

Careful about double posting. Use the edit button instead if you to add something to your posts.

As for your question: that would be cool. I'd be ecstatic if such a thing happened.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Thank you.

Welcome to SmashBoards! Don't be too afraid to post whatever is on your mind in this thread. And don't be afraid of the people in this thread too, we're all really insane but we don't bite, only bark.

I don't think I would be able to deal with the pressure of everybody looking over my shoulder and judging my decision. But I would either bring Ice Climbers back (the only veterans I miss) or add Sami. The gameplay and everything is fine by me.
Well, if I didn't have to mind the technical limitations. If I do, I would add Sami.

Last edited:

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
Welcome to SmashBoards! Don't be too afraid to post whatever is on your mind in this thread. And don't be afraid of the people in this thread too, we're all really insane but we don't bite, only bark.

I don't think I would be able to deal with the pressure of everybody looking over my shoulder and judging my decision. But I would either bring Ice Climbers back (the only veterans I miss) or add Sami. The gameplay and everything is fine by me.
Yeah the gameplay is fine, but it can get better!:chuckle:
I wonder what would happen if i where to add random tripping?

SharpMcHappy

Smash Apprentice
Yeah the gameplay is fine, but it can get better!:chuckle:
I wonder what would happen if i where to add random tripping?
You'd probably be murdered. Twice.

Heyyy! Welcome to smashboards! :joyful:
Thank you!

Thanks man, if inanity is what this place is full of I think I'll fit right in.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Pretty sure there will be more DLC, but not soon. E3 2015 seems like a good estimate to reveal upcoming DLC, I think.
Yeah, I feel the same especially with a Sakurai quote saying not working at DLC FOR NOW.

And let's be honest, he deserves a little break for god sake.

Also, the next E3 is when I put my prediction for when we'll heard of that unannounced IS game. I still believe it was Paper Mario related, but e3 2015 seems the right time to heard about the series now. I kinda was more worried about the ssb4 repping, but with how awesome it was (minus the weird music repping, but I found the ost weird globally...).

But I do believe there will be smash news. I even wonder if the game was intentionally left like in the current state to fil it with dlc after. We know there will be dlc soon with the miiverse stage and mewtwo...but I had a feeling that they would pack what they were telling in the direct on one pack.

So, pretty much am looking forward to 2015 already :)

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
This. This is my life right now. Majora's mask 3D, Zelda Wii U, Splatoon, Starfox Wii U, Smash Bros DLC and more. I'm really, REALLY looking forward to the next year.
Needs moar Xenoblade
Ugh, I've still got to get Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 2
Oh yeah and MK8 DLC

Last edited:

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
You know what I really miss? Those Burger King toys that came out with Pokemon: The First Movie. They were so cool (most of them) and even if they weren't the Pokeballs they came in were awesome. They even had a little nub on the side that could hook onto a belt loop. Good times walking around with my Pokedex, Official Pokemon Handbook, and 6 Burger King Pokeballs on my belt loops.

Edit: @ Frostwraith Frostwraith :4roy:nevermind forgot he's a veteran

No but seriously, I had to really think about this for awhile before answering. See, for the most part the Smash 4 newcomer list has been my favourite of any Smash game. However, I will say that it's a tie between Pac-Man and Duck Hunt, since I was all like "How can they make a moveset for a wheel of cheese!" and "how can the dog have a moveset when he doesn't do anything!" But after seeing them both in action, I fully accept them both as the Smashers they are. Oh, and I thought Miis were silly at first, but Trunks Swordfighter = win.

Last edited:

SharpMcHappy

Smash Apprentice
Needs moar Xenoblade
Xenoblade Chronicles X was implied, that game looks amazing.
Idk if I wanna get Hyrule Warriors because I get really disappointed if I don't complete a game 100% and from what I've heard, Hyrule Warriors has a lot of stuff. It would kill me.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Yeah, I feel the same especially with a Sakurai quote saying not working at DLC FOR NOW.

And let's be honest, he deserves a little break for god sake.
I agree. The poor man almost literally worked his arm off. Let that arm heal before he goes on making more DLC.

Also, the next E3 is when I put my prediction for when we'll heard of that unannounced IS game. I still believe it was Paper Mario related, but e3 2015 seems the right time to heard about the series now. I kinda was more worried about the ssb4 repping, but with how awesome it was (minus the weird music repping, but I found the ost weird globally...).
Well, IS has more franchises so it could be any of these (except for Fire Emblem because of SMT x FE).
Personally, I'm really hoping for a new Advance Wars-game. But I'm a patternguy, so a new PM-game could be made as well because of earlier patterns between Paper Mario-games.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Needs moar Xenoblade
Oh yeah and MK8 DLC
And please, can we finally get a back to root Paper Mario game?

Like, as you proably know, I'm worried daily about this :)

Actually, I wonder if I should hope to get aPaper Mario amibo considering of what I heard of the current one looking weird. because wait that they would actually use real paper (lol).

I agree. The poor man almost literally worked his arm off. Let that arm heal before he goes on making more DLC.

Well, IS has more franchises so it could be any of these (except for Fire Emblem because of SMT x FE).
Personally, I'm really hoping for a new Advance Wars-game. But I'm a patternguy, so a new PM-game could be made as well because of earlier patterns between Paper Mario-games.
i forgot to tell you: it has more chance to be Paper Mario. I checked the leak again and I realised that the IS employee was working A LOT on sticker star. Clearly, I think it was the game he worked on the most comparing to all of his other works. Plus, do remember that this is wiiU related and that the leak was end of 2013 which was a year after sticker star. Coincidentially, months ago, they asked a question on their social media asking your favorite PM game...I had a theory this was for marketing research...

Then we got that stage. I reaslly think it can go well. I'm just worried to be on hold like that with sticker star...

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
i forgot to tell you: it has more chance to be Paper Mario. I checked the leak again and I realised that the IS employee was working A LOT on sticker star. Clearly, I think it was the game he worked on the most comparing to all of his other works. Plus, do remember that this is wiiU related and that the leak was end of 2013 which was a year after sticker star. Coincidentially, months ago, they asked a question on their social media asking your favorite PM game...I had a theory this was for marketing research...

Then we got that stage. I reaslly think it can go well. I'm just worried to be on hold like that with sticker star...
Maybe they want to make a new game so people forget about Sticker Star. ;)

And confession time: I managed to screw up that bad in World 1-1 that I died...

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Veterans are pretty damn likely for DLC. Snake... probably has the best chances.

So many excuses that are used as to why he won't be DLC, excuses that didn't keep him out of Brawl.

It's not like third party DLC is a thing that never happens, either.

I mean, come on. Kojima asked for Snake in Melee, but instead of saying "too bad, you were late," Sakurai went back and asked Kojima if he still wanted Snake in Brawl, and here we are today. Kojima still wants Snake in this game, so why on earth would Sakurai not add him? There are no issues here, if we get any DLC past Mewtwo, Snake is someone I would bet on.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
For next year I'm looking forward to either buying or at least getting more information at E3 2015 about Splatoon, Yoshi's Woolly World, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, Smash Bros DLC, Star Fox U, and Zelda U. If they could re-release Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Wii U that'd be pretty sweet also.

But first, I need to get Captain Toad Treasure Tracker when it comes out, and possibly Bayonetta 2 and Hyrule Warriors as I've heard good things about them. But then I also need to finish unlocking things in Smash Wii U (I haven't even finished Classic mode with every character), and I've been playing Metroid Fusion on my GBA..... man, talk about first world gamer problems.

Oh, and if I could patch one thing in Smash 4, it would be....... the price of Wii U Pro controllers so I don't have to spend 400 dollars to buy 8 of them (although I suppose I could by thrifty and use Gamepad + 7).

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Maybe they want to make a new game so people forget about Sticker Star. ;)

And confession time: I managed to screw up that bad in World 1-1 that I died...
This is what I want to happen SO MUCH.

I want to forget about sticker star. I really do. Like, at this point, it's kinda needed for the series's health. Like, spm, that was fine because the idea itself is awesome, but because it was a new attempt, of course it did had flaws. What I actually don't get is sticker star didn't corrected them and instead made too much other flaws.

Like, spm is awesome. Where's my memorable 4th walls jokes like fracktail?

I'm serious because for spm, I never expected to go that much into IRL context for those jokes.

So, I still today don't get why sticker star was made. Even IS wanted a remake in the first place, Miyamoto said no but ironically, by doing that and seeing the current game, we now want it so much. before sticker star, it wssn't that neccesssary, but now it pretty much is or anything that goes back to root. because I felt that root is starting to be lost...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Veterans are pretty damn likely for DLC. Snake... probably has the best chances.

So many excuses that are used as to why he won't be DLC, excuses that didn't keep him out of Brawl.

It's not like third party DLC is a thing that never happens, either.

I mean, come on. Kojima asked for Snake in Melee, but instead of saying "too bad, you were late," Sakurai went back and asked Kojima if he still wanted Snake in Brawl, and here we are today. Kojima still wants Snake in this game, so why on earth would Sakurai not add him? There are no issues here, if we get any DLC past Mewtwo, Snake is someone I would bet on.
It could be a simple case of Nintendo not letting Sakurai add him.

I heard Nintendo and Konami haven't been on good terms lately, which can affect things, despite what Sakurai or Kojima may desire.

Nintendo is still Sakurai's higher-up and Konami is the owner of the Metal Gear IP, after all.

Sorry to burst your bubble. I mean, I would like to see Snake return once more, but those are the facts and things aren't on Snake's favor.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
"WiiU doesn't have enough games on the horizon"
HUEUEHUEHEUHEUEUEHUEHEUEUEHEUEUHUEEHUEHHUEHE
This is why I sometimes wish they had delayed the Wii U's release until mid-2013, because that's when their release titles started to really pick up. Pikmin 3 would have been a great release title to beef up the initial roster which, from November 2012 to August 2013, was sort of lacking to say the least. Can't believe the console's been out for 2 years already. Of the 11 Wii U games I own, 2 were day 1 buys, but then I got 8 of them within the past 8-10 months. That' s a fair drought, and I'm not even counting the other 2014 games I would have gotten if I had the money.

....Cloud for Smash 5?
More like Smash 5 & Knuckles.

Last edited:

SharpMcHappy

Smash Apprentice
"WiiU doesn't have enough games on the horizon"
HUEUEHUEHEUHEUEUEHUEHEUEUEHEUEUHUEEHUEHHUEHE
"The Wii U has no games, 7.8/10 not enough water." /IGN

Nah but seriously, I'm really happy to be a Wii U/3DS owner right now. The PS4 and Xbox One are barely getting any games that interest me in the slightest.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If were ever getting a Square rep, its OBVIOUSLY GOING TO BE slime
Or Lightning
So basically slime
Slime is cool. Though if they add Slime to Smash, people will complain it isn't Gooey.
Of course, if they add Gooey, people will complain that there's too many Kirby characters.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
It could be a simple case of Nintendo not letting Sakurai add him.

I heard Nintendo and Konami haven't been on good terms lately, which can affect things, despite what Sakurai or Kojima may desire.

Nintendo is still Sakurai's higher-up and Konami is the owner of the Metal Gear IP, after all.

Sorry to burst your bubble. I mean, I would like to see Snake return once more, but those are the facts and things aren't on Snake's favor.
Nintendo and Konami weren't all "buddy buddy" back during Brawl either.

It's literally the exact same situation, the exact same arguments, war nothing has changed.

Last MGS game on a Nintendo console was a remake: Now? Check. Then? Check.

Newest MGS game on the way is not coming to Nintendo consoles: Now? Check. Then? Check.

Nintendo didn't want Snake in Brawl either, yet by some power, Sakurai made it happen. Now even Iwata says that Snake being in the game was a good thing. There's no reason for Konami to say no to it either, since they have nothing to lose at all.

I'm not saying Snake is a shoe-in, no one is (except Mewtwo :troll: ), but that people should really stop outright dismissing him.

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax
Snake may possibly be a DLC character. However, I don't know why, but I just have this feeling that chances are he probably won't be...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom