• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Pessimistic reason who thinks he's cooler than everyone because he has a sick avatar!

OOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Now see, the difference between you and me is that my avatar is clearly better because reasons. Thus I am actually cooler than everyone.

This is first grade stuff Frost. :troll:
That presidential looking avatar is suspicious to say the least.

You act friendly and all, but who knows what kind of schemes do you plan behind everyone's back? Politicians are not to be trusted nowadays... :smirk:

You're the male version of Froslass. :troll:
Don't even pretend an ice ghost is not awesome.

SharpMcHappy

Smash Apprentice
Can I just say something about Smash 4? I don't really know where else to put this since it'll probably get locked.

I know the meta hasn't even started yet and we still have years to go on the game in order to figure everything out, but so far I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared about how this game will end up competitively. Just scouring the boards, its "this is problematic" or "this is killing the game" its hardly positive. I just don't want the competitive community going back to Melee and PM again. Don't get me wrong, I love those games, but Melee especially feels a little...worn out at this point. PM is fine, but considering it won't be at Apex this year, it just reminds us its a mod and Nintendo can pull the plug on this game going to any competitive tournaments. And then we're stuck with just Melee.

I guess I'm just afraid that 4 will go like Brawl did. Nobody wanted to support that game anymore and it just kinda...fizzled out and people went back to Melee (and eventually PM). I'm concerned that whenever Sm4sh goes on stream, people will react negativity toward it while Melee and PM will get all the attention. I'm also concerned that Rosalina might be the next Metaknight and I'm waiting to see how long it takes before people start seriously suggesting to ban her like they did to him. I know either way I'll continue to play the game since I enjoy it far more than I ever will Brawl, but I want it to be streamed and gain popularity like Melee did (even if it doesn't become a hit like Melee).

I needed to get that off my chest.
I agree with you. I really want there to be lots of Smash 4 competitive play rather than going back to Melee/Project M, because it really is a great game and deserves the attention it's been getting. Melee has been outshining the other entries ever since the smash competitive community was born and I can see how they could look away from Brawl(because of unbalanced characters, slower gameplay and tripping) but seriously, I see a lot of cool **** being done with Smash 4 and I don't want it to go to waste.

I don't think Rosalina will be a new Meta Knight. Not by a longshot. Meta Knight was incredibly cheap and could basically be played by anyone with slight knowledge of the game. Rosalina is good, but she needs to be mastered if someone wants to use her effectively and can be beaten if the other person is skilled enough.(I play Toon Link which is considered a low tier character and yet, I've beaten Rosalina mains before) If she gets banned then alright, you have proven me wrong, but I honestly doubt it. If she really was overpowered I think Nintendo would notice it and nerf her like they did with Bowser. I wouldn't have much to worry about there.

Also hi I'm new here.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That presidential looking avatar is suspicious to say the least.

You act friendly and all, but who knows what kind of schemes do you plan behind everyone's back? Politicians are not to be trusted nowadays...
Ah. That's the genius of it.

By being blunt and arrogant, I'm being completely honest!

By the way, you all owe my each an ammibo now because of this law I just signed in because I was bored.

@ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei needs to be a Senator.

Get it? He's not a President but a Senator.

Bad puns
You owe me two.

What's going on? Narcissism? :troll:
Facts.

It's okay though, your sig while not as cool as the one N3ON made for me has things that I like in it.

You wanna be secretary of amiibo taxing?

Also hi I'm new here.
Hi.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Frosdude? Frosbro? Frosguy?
Froslad. :awesome:

Facts.

It's okay though, your sig while not as cool as the one N3ON made for me has things that I like in it.

You wanna be secretary of amiibo taxing?.
Pff. That's just because I've been procrastinating. I'll show my powers when the holidays come.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ah. That's the genius of it.

By being blunt and arrogant, I'm being completely honest!

By the way, you all owe my each an ammibo now because of this law I just signed in because I was bored.
Sure, I'll get one of those broken amiibos just for you. :smirk:

Here's one for you:

Happy?

SharpMcHappy

Smash Apprentice
There probably will be a Wolf amiibo, though.
If they ever make a Wolf amiibo, I hope they don't screw it up because I would totally buy that.

Really sad that Sakurai has said he won't be adding any new DLC though, I mean you can never really know with him but I'm not sure if he's faking it.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Pff. That's just because I've been procrastinating. I'll show my powers when the holidays come.
Fal...

I wanted you to join me...

We could have ruled together...

But now...

You have made a grave mistake...

One that will involve many a "Nanny Nanny Boo Boo."

Sure, I'll get one of those broken amiibos just for you. :smirk:

Here's one for you:

Happy?
Yes. :awesome:

If they ever make a Wolf amiibo, I hope they don't screw it up because I would totally buy that.

Really sad that Sakurai has said he won't be adding any new DLC though, I mean you can never really know with him but I'm not sure if he's faking it.
It's most likely a PR stunt. The game is set to allow tons of DLC.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Sakurai simply said he wasn't planning DLC...which he also said before announcing Mewtwo as DLC...
Besides, I think it's a bit naive to take anything that man says to heart anymore.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash

I thought he was just waiting to see what the response to Mewtwo DLC will be like before deciding to do more DLC or not. Or perhaps I just made that up in my head so I could continue to dream.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

He's the greatest bull****ter in the history of bull****ting. Never take his word for anything.

SharpMcHappy

Smash Apprentice
You guys better be right, I want Lucas and Snake DLC. Especially Snake, he has a lot of potential to be improved.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Pokémon Amiibos would be the cash grab of the decade, I'll say.
True, but at least they would serve a purpose beyond being a figurine unlike those old school Pokemon toys. I've always regretted not buying more of those, and my mom gave away all the ones I did have. Missing you, Charmander and Abra evolution lines!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I thought he was just waiting to see what the response to Mewtwo DLC will be like before deciding to do more DLC or not. Or perhaps I just made that up in my head so I could continue to dream.
If that is what he said, then we can expect to see tons of new content. Because the response to Mewtwo DLC will unanimously be "OMFG It's MEWTWO FSHGHHHFFFD"

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Pretty sure there will be more DLC, but not soon. E3 2015 seems like a good estimate to reveal upcoming DLC, I think.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
True, but at least they would serve a purpose beyond being a figurine unlike those old school Pokemon toys. I've always regretted not buying more of those, and my mom gave away all the ones I did have. Missing you, Charmander and Abra evolution lines!
Back when Pokémon was first released here (2005-ish), these used to come with every pack of Cheetos and Lays.

We used to collect them like crazy. :p

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm either expecting no DLC at all or tons of DLC for the next couple of years, especially if Sakurai is in charge. If the game we just received is any indication, Sakurai never half-ass's anything, and from the way he has talked about DLC content before, he clearly thinks that it should be a large amount of content as opposed to a couple characters.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@ Frostwraith Frostwraith what is the worst punishment that will happen to me if I start calling you "Froslad"? I'm trying to decide if it's worth it.
What's your most hated character addition in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U?

Answer the question, then I'll decide...

Glad to see you like it.

@ FalKoopa FalKoopa doubleposting again. AWWWWW YEAAHHH!
He should be infracted, wouldn't you agree, @ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei ?

You guys better be right, I want Lucas and Snake DLC. Especially Snake, he has a lot of potential to be improved.
I'd say Snake has less chances given he's a third party character and all...

Wolf and Lucas are my most wanted DLC candidates, actually.

And welcome to Smashboards. As you can see, this particular thread is filled to the brim with insanity. Enjoy your time here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom