• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I mean I'm trying to figure out why on 3ds, you have the main chaacters trophies and every Paper Mario trophies referenced as ONLY STICKER STAR and on the WiiU, you have every repping BUT sticker star and the main characters aren't trophies...
Didn't Sakurai say that the 3DS trophies would focus more on the portable games? And the opposite for Smash Wii U?

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
That, was the truth for brawl too.

But when brawl didn't credited and this one does...

That is just weird...if it truly did meant nothing for sure, then both would have credited so then, it would be unsure (it could go either way). By having the credits on this one with ssbb not, it made it likely.

That is actually not the major source of confusion. That's a small one.
So what? Composer Motoi Sakuraba was credited for the Mario Golf / Tennis and Golden Sun series back in Brawl and in this game he was credited for the Tales and Dark Souls series.

Those are just examples of works the composers did in the past. Nothing more, nothing less.

You're reading things too deeply. In other words, you're straw grasping.

The biggest one is the following: why the 4 main Paper Mario characters are not common to 3ds and WiiU for their trophies?

I mean I'm trying to figure out why on 3ds, you have the main chaacters trophies and every Paper Mario trophies referenced as ONLY STICKER STAR and on the WiiU, you have every repping BUT sticker star and the main characters aren't trophies...

What I actually expected is they would be common, but the description would change (console vs handheld)...it was simply not acknowledged in the version it really should. What's weird is it did for the series, but by going by game specific...nothing common is showed....

Where it gets weird is look at brawl, the same inconsistency was made but with spm.

What's even more weird is with only one game and one trophy, ssbm DID NOT made that. In fact, if I had the original ssbm trophy in this game, it would be common to the whole series, not per games.

If you're wondering why I care about this is it has to do with HOW the series is acknowledged. Especially with sticker star, I'm just worried for the series future, but that really need more thinking because I just don't know wha it means...

Oh, and if you're wondering about no stage, that would actually follow that inconsistency...But I think it's not the only case...so don't care.
You're not obsessed with Paper Mario at all. Like, not at all. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Didn't Sakurai say that the 3DS trophies would focus more on the portable games?
THAT is the part I actually get and understood.

What I don't is apply this logic: Paper Mario is mostly on console. So, if they rep hanheld, it should be more broad on console. Thing is, IT IS THE CASE, BUT the most essential repping (the Paper Mario trophy and 3 other spm characters) aren't on the WiiU version.

Remember, the only version of the main characters are referenced by only one game, those trophies aren't on WiiU...

I mean there's duplicates, but what I don't get is normally, those should be...

When I said I was confused, I truly am.

Add the fact that I have yet to know where that model came from...

I have hours of speculations potential!
So what? Composer Motoi Sakuraba was credited for the Mario Golf / Tennis and Golden Sun series back in Brawl and in this game he was credited for the Tales and Dark Souls series.

Those are just examples of works the composers did in the past. Nothing more, nothing less.

You're reading things too deeply. In other words, you're straw grasping.

You're not obsessed with Paper Mario at all. Like, not at all. :rolleyes:
I shuld have known that some did changed credits for something weird...then I would have tough differently.

As for my obsession...I already told you...[/quote]

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Didn't Sakurai say that the 3DS trophies would focus more on the portable games?
THAT is the part I actually get and understood.

What I don't is apply this logic: Paper Mario is mostly on console. So, if they rep hanheld, it should be more broad on console. Thing is, IT IS THE CASE, BUT the most essential repping (the Paper Mario trophy and 3 other spm characters) aren't on the WiiU version.

Remember, the only version of the main characters are referenced by only one game, those trophies aren't on WiiU...

I mean there's duplicates, but what I don't get is normally, those should be...

When I said I was confused, I truly am.

Add the fact that I have yet to know where that model came from...

I have hours of speculations potential!
No one has the full trophy collection as far as I can tell... You concluded all this from GameXplain's video or something?

Also, there are a lot of trophy models on the Wii U version made from scratch, something that should be painfully obvious as the Wii U is an HD console. Porting models from GCN and Wii games is a big no-no.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
@ Substitution Substitution that was annoying to fix that quote...just don't mess with the tags, lol.

No one has the full trophy collection as far as I can tell... You concluded all this from GameXplain's video or something?

Also, there are a lot of trophy models on the Wii U version made from scratch, something that should be painfully obvious as the Wii U is an HD console. Porting models from GCN and Wii games is a big no-no.
Well, I got a wiki that has the list...it would have been damm rare if it wasn't the full list...

And no, the mini-yoshi one, I think was imported...

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Right guys. Is this controller worth my time and Money buying.

I really like the look of the box for us people here in the U.K and don't know if I should pick it up considering the price point of £24 so I come to ask you is it worth it on top of this as well.

Cheers and kind regards.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I really like the look of the box for us people here in the U.K and don't know if I should pick it up considering the price point of £24 so I come to ask you is it worth it on top of this as well.

Cheers and kind regards.
Mother****ing LUIGI

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Cheers and kind regards.
I'd rather have the Mario version of that controller. It's too clean.

Soul.

For Glory is cheap.
Little Mac is cheap. No wonder why that character has a low win rate lmao.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I just got this ambiio.
So worth it.
Plase dont tell me you drilled through the hand oh lawd please also there is a thread for that

Because it would mean Ridley is not playable and 'proof Sakurai hates Metroid'.
but people already think that, sadly

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
For Glory is cheap.
Little Mac is cheap. No wonder why that character has a low win rate lmao.
Little Mac is usually easy for me to deal with. Then again, I main Mega Man and most Mac users seem allergic to lemons. Granted, there's a couple of good Macs I've fought, but he's not that cheap. People just need to find a way around him.

Soul.

Little Mac is usually easy for me to deal with. Then again, I main Mega Man and most Mac users seem allergic to lemons. Granted, there's a couple of good Macs I've fought, but he's not that cheap. People just need to find a way around him.
He's cheap in a way that people overuse him just because For Glory is 100% flat stages with no platforms at all. If For Glory allowed platforms it would be a better mode. But eh.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Sleepy Hollow is still real dang good as I usually find it to be.

I don't believe the next one will mark the season finale but it will mark the finale for this fall season, before it goes on a hiatus for just a couple weeks.

_______

Still hoping to get Hyrule Warriors and maybe one version of ORAS at Christmas, along with Smash Wii U.

I'm gonna get all that Hyrule Warriors DLC ASAP when/if I do.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Sleepy Hollow is still real dang good as I usually find it to be.

I don't believe the next one will mark the season finale but it will mark the finale for this fall season, before it goes on a hiatus for just a couple weeks.

_______

Still hoping to get Hyrule Warriors and maybe one version of ORAS at Christmas, along with Smash Wii U.

I'm gonna get all that Hyrule Warriors DLC ASAP when/if I do.
isnt Sleepy Hollow the one with Frozen or is that Once upon a time

Space Stranger Space Stranger We will get that smash potato right next time, Fun match as always dude

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
isnt Sleepy Hollow the one with Frozen or is that Once upon a time
Once Upon a Time has Frozen.
Space Stranger Space Stranger
Lets do a few coin matches and we can break
OH OH Smash Potato... on 300%
One more smash Potato on 300% becaus I think my intenet is dying on me

One more real fight, then I have to let my gamepad charge
GG @ Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo The Smash Potato matches were fun but I think the time when I broke character and went "EDGY" with :4darkpit: was the best.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Once Upon a Time has Frozen.

GG @ Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo The Smash Potato matches were fun but I think the time when I broke character and went "EDGY" with :4darkpit: was the best.

That edge was so edgy that the tree got cut. PS: Im so sorry I kept standing still, My dad was yelling about something. I just now saw I don't follow you, how silly of me
You'd be thinking of Once Upon a Time there lol

Sleepy Hollow's totally different and has no connection or relation to either Frozen or Once Upon a Time.
ahh ok XD idk why I get those confused

Ahhh I wish I could put this decal on my wii u

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom