• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
there is not a better feeling then feeling like your getting better at your favorite character
Actually there is! Getting someone to see that a character has downsides and not just upsides! Being a Lucario is a rough time indeed.

(Also crunching an arrogant Rosalina is quite great too)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So what's being talked about in the Social today?

I saw some talk about certain wikis, like the Cutting Room Floor? I've been to that site quite a lot, it covers a lot unused elements of games that still exist within the game's files in some form but were never used in the final game, as well as region differences in the game. A lot of the things it covers are very difficult to find anywhere else.
what was talked about was a picture of a terrorist act being in a game and shortend songs
Not very fun

R0Y

Smash Master
Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I brought up terror attacks and the like during The Troubles :( in Northern Ireland (essentially a civil war from 1968/9 until 1998.)

So in relation a placeholder pic used in this was brought up: http://tcrf.net/Mario_Kart_Arcade_GP

Here's something similar from another Japanese game: http://tcrf.net/Front_Mission:_Gun_Hazard

Extremely NSFW racist language hidden in the game.

It really does baffle me how things like this ever end up happening.

What were the developers thinking when they put these kinds of things in the games? It really makes you wonder what could have possibly been going on in their heads.

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Here's an idea:

Buy a 2 Samus amiibos.
Take one arm out and take a cannon out
Put the cannon on the missing arm
Put the arm on the cannon.

Profit

D

Deleted member

Here's an idea:

Buy a 2 Samus amiibos.
Take one arm out and take a cannon out
Put the cannon on the missing arm
Put the arm on the cannon.

Profit
Too bad this won't work for Shulk. I want a dual wielding Shulk amiibo. I'd probably have to glue the second Monado to his back or something.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I now know the full repping of Paper Mario, and yesterday, I found that aesome, but now, I'm still finding it with a mix of severe confusion...

There's an inconsistency that was done since brawl that is still the case and strangely, ssbm didn't made that...

plus, the composer credits was nothing after all...

Then can I ask a question:

Why he wasn't credited in brawl composer list for Paper Mario?

Ok, I'm really confused. Add the new Gombella model...I'm even more...

R0Y

Smash Master
I don't think I want to see how the remaining "realistic" amiibos look. Zero Suit Samus, Palutena, Lucina, Ike, and Robin in particular.

Wait...Ike already has one...NOOOOOooooo

Actually not that bad except dat sword.
Is it bad that I am pretty used to this and I feel fine reading that?
Well you are 114 :smirk:

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
plus, the composer credits was nothing after all...

Then can I ask a question:

Why he wasn't credited in brawl composer list for Paper Mario?
This is the part where I tell you: "I told you so."

Just because composers worked on previous games, it doesn't mean they will necessarily remix their previous work for Smash.

You straw-grasped and you got disappointed and confused.

D

Deleted member

Truly inspirational. Puts my Shulk to shame.

TIME TO CONTINUE PRACTICING!!

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
oh wow really?
Pokemon AS is not a bad game, but I feel like there has been a lot of things that could have been improved from the original game.

One of my favourite things about Black and White 2 and X and Y is that they made it so every route had a large variety of Pokemon since there are 6 gens of Pokemon now so there is no need to have the same few Pokemon encounters over and over again. But these games regress from that to stay consistant with the source game. This is a real problem especially when It comes to the later parts of the game when you can only find 2 Pokemon by surfing on the entire right side of the map. So yes I think IGN was right to slam the amount of water when the game developers do nothing interesting with it.

Apart from that things like character customisation from X and Y being dropped bug me and with the Battle Frontier and other things from Emerald being cut from the game, I feel like Emerald is the superior way to experience gen 3.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Guys, it's just been leaked! Snake's returning for Smash 4!

:troll:
Oh, that looks like a figma figure. Find it curious that he's using the same look as MGS2 and Brawl.

Those Smash characters also have them: :4link::4samus::4pit::4darkpit::4lucina:

And so do a whole bunch of popular anime/manga characters and other video game characters as well.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
This is the part where I tell you: "I told you so."

Just because composers worked on previous games, it doesn't mean they will necessarily remix their previous work for Smash.

You straw-grasped and you got disappointed and confused.
That, was the truth for brawl too.

But when brawl didn't credited and this one does...

That is just weird...if it truly did meant nothing for sure, then both would have credited so then, it would be unsure (it could go either way). By having the credits on this one with ssbb not, it made it likely.

That is actually not the major source of confusion. That's a small one.

The biggest one is the following: why the 4 main Paper Mario characters are not common to 3ds and WiiU for their trophies?

I mean I'm trying to figure out why on 3ds, you have the main chaacters trophies and every Paper Mario trophies referenced as ONLY STICKER STAR and on the WiiU, you have every repping BUT sticker star and the main characters aren't trophies...

What I actually expected is they would be common, but the description would change (console vs handheld)...it was simply not acknowledged in the version it really should. What's weird is it did for the series, but by going by game specific...nothing common is showed....

Where it gets weird is look at brawl, the same inconsistency was made but with spm.

What's even more weird is with only one game and one trophy, ssbm DID NOT made that. In fact, if I had the original ssbm trophy in this game, it would be common to the whole series, not per games.

If you're wondering why I care about this is it has to do with HOW the series is acknowledged. Especially with sticker star, I'm just worried for the series future, but that really need more thinking because I just don't know wha it means...

Oh, and if you're wondering about no stage, that would actually follow that inconsistency...But I think it's not the only case...so don't care.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
To lighten the topic for a sec.
http://tcrf.net/Mario_is_Missing!_(DOS)
Did you know Mario is Missing had dialogue?
Good lord Lemmy's voice

And Morton's voice

They're so unfitting it's just too good.

The bizarre Luigi and Mario (and Yoshi too I guess) sprites I think would have been a bit more bearable with this voice acting, but that's just me. I think it makes them appear less soulless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom