• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0Y

Smash Master
Every character in Gatsby had no redeeming quality about them. I read 1984 this year and I personally enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

Don't get me started on Huck Finn...
I liked both The Great Gatsby and 1984. Two very different novels, but two classics imo.

I agree on Huckleberry Finn though, it' stinks.

D

Deleted member

Every character in Gatsby had no redeeming quality about them. I read 1984 this year and I personally enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

That is true. Everyone in Gatsby is awful as well, but I think the reason why I hate Holden infinitely more than everyone in Gatsby is an age thing. No one in Gatsby is a high school student. also the fact that I barely understood what was being said in Gatsby half the time helps

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Did you know there is a book called "The Hipster Huckleberry Finn" where all instances of the word n***** was replaced with "hipster"?

I'm not joking.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Did you know there is a book called "The Hipster Huckleberry Finn" where all instances of the word n***** was replaced with "hipster"?

I'm not joking.
I'm aware. My friend and I joked about that last year.

R0Y

Smash Master
Been reading up on "The Troubles", which was basically a civil war in Northern Ireland with some outside terrorist attacks in Great Britain and the rest of Ireland. Lasted from 1969 to a ceasefire in freaking 1998....with a few incidents since, including two off-duty UK military being shot dead in 2009 for being British.

Human beings are so cruel to each other :( I cannot believe these events happened in freaking North-Western Europe....

...in 1998: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omagh_bombing

There's the car with the bomb in the background....

and these two in 1988...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milltown_Cemetery_attack

Horrificly grafic photograph in this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporals_killings

And this that went on in the 1970's: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shankill_Butchers

Leader of the this gang was so bad that rumour has it Ulster loyalist groups gave the gang leader's position away (he was making a power grab within the loyalists) to the provisional IRA to gun him down in 1982. Got away with about 30 horrific murders before then....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_techniques
What the hell...shouldn't have taken the European Convention on Human Rights to figure this was messed up and illegal. Good way to create terrorists is to abuse innocent people you pick up on suspicion...

Northern Irish "Peace line" between Catholic and Protestant communities....

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
That is true. Everyone in Gatsby is awful as well, but I think the reason why I hate Holden infinitely more than everyone in Gatsby is an age thing. No one in Gatsby is a high school student. also the fact that I barely understood what was being said in Gatsby half the time helps
What's wrong with high school students?
So what if I hate pineapples?
Why is extra laarge Piiiiiiza?

D

Deleted member

What's wrong with high school students?
Problem is that our protagonist in this book is a high school student who doesn't apply himself at school, and has failed multiple times. I can't relate to this guy at all, in fact, he terrifies me. I do well in school and STILL worry about my future.

R0Y

Smash Master
By the way, did you know in the files of Mario Kart GP there's a picture of this?

This is picture of the Beslan school hostage crisis, a terrorist attack where over 1,100 people were taken hostage by armed separatist militants in a school in Beslan, North Ossetia.
You don't think....that Nintendo is involved with that?
No, by the way Namco developed that game, and 334 people died in that attack. :(

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
By the way, did you know in the files of Mario Kart GP there's a picture of this?

This is picture of the Beslan school hostage crisis, a terrorist attack where over 1,100 people were taken hostage by armed separatist militants in a school in Beslan, North Ossetia.
I looked around and it was merely a debugging pic.
Now granted why they used it I would not know, though it might have been an in-joke.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

I found that hard to believe, but looking at the image URL, it seems legit.

That's a messed up, to say the least.

I looked around and it was merely a debugging pic.
Now granted why they used it I would not know, though it might have been an in-joke.
Developers do have in-jokes, indeed. But it's still in bad taste.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I found that hard to believe, but looking at the image URL, it seems legit.

That's a messed up, to say the least.

I think this is a good topic to drop
Not telling you should but... but... yeah

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The source is tcrf.net, a site that compiles beta elements and unused stuff, as well as comparing regional differences and other stuff.

Because I like wikis, I went to explore what they said about SSB3DS. Besides the same discoveries found here (ROM dumps and all that).

I found this:

Version 1.0.3
This patch was released worldwide on October 27, 2014. Conquest mode will no longer display the current results of the Conquest in progress. The update includes a slightly different mix of the Battle! Reshiram / Zekrom song for the N's Castle stage as well. It also addresses other minor issues that have not been specified.

So according to that, music can change between patches? Now to patch those shortened songs pretty please, Sakurai.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
The source is tcrf.net, a site that compiles beta elements and unused stuff, as well as comparing regional differences and other stuff.

Because I like wikis, I went to explore what they said about SSB3DS. Besides the same discoveries found here (ROM dumps and all that).

I found this:

Version 1.0.3
This patch was released worldwide on October 27, 2014. Conquest mode will no longer display the current results of the Conquest in progress. The update includes a slightly different mix of the Battle! Reshiram / Zekrom song for the N's Castle stage as well. It also addresses other minor issues that have not been specified.

So according to that, music can change between patches? Now to patch those shortened songs pretty please, Sakurai.
Especially the DK Rap. What they've done to it is unacceptable

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Personally I like Cutting Room Floor. It's interesting to see what wasn't in.

Well knowing how people have jokes about Nazism and 9/11, I wouldn't be surprised.
Though, I did find one theory that it was put in as a memorial for someone.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ganondorf is always great. The King of Evil returns with more power and more destructiveness. :4ganondorf:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So I managed to get a lot of good games today. I'm happy about that. I beat my record and got a 8 win-streak. But after that I got a bunch of losses from this Marzy person(is there an @Marzy guy here?). I only beat him/her 4 times while he/she won 9 times or so.

I feel like I'm getting a little bit better. But I need to be more consistent in my victories. Bowser Jr. is kind of fun to use online. I might start using him more often.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So I managed to get a lot of good games today. I'm happy about that. I beat my record and got a 8 win-streak. But after that I got a bunch of losses from this Marzy person(is there an @Marzy guy here?). I only beat him/her 4 times while he/she won 9 times or so.

I feel like I'm getting a little bit better. But I need to be more consistent in my victories. Bowser Jr. is kind of fun to use online. I might start using him more often.
there is not a better feeling then feeling like your getting better at your favorite character

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So what's being talked about in the Social today?

I saw some talk about certain wikis, like the Cutting Room Floor? I've been to that site quite a lot, it covers a lot unused elements of games that still exist within the game's files in some form but were never used in the final game, as well as region differences in the game. A lot of the things it covers are very difficult to find anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom