• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Watch from here until the stage is cleared to see how @Knuckles the Knuckles spent his Saturday night in Spagonia. ¦D
... That... That Amy voice and Rouge's body... So weird, man.

Anyway, Knuckle's elastic arms are just weird and funny. As for climbing buildings... Knuckles's Kreed, a Ubisoft-Sega collaboration and future GOTY. Coming 2015 with a sequel planned for 2016.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Europe waiting until 2015 aside, they have the slightly better box art for Captain Toad imo. What do you think?

EU

NA
Just like Kirby in america.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Aww come on, it's a gecko that spits seeds and chews sticks. It's a green, lizardy cowboy!
Yeah, but Mudkip has the advantage of being in a region made up mostly of water, and Blaziken is broken. What does Treecko have?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Certified rocket launcher butt pokemon.
Let's see... Mega Swampert is a steroid abuser, Mega Sceptile is a registered offender, Mega Blaziken is addicted to speed, Mega Charizard X/Y dabbles in genetic modifications, Mega Blastoise frequents black markets for illegal firearms, and Mega Venusaur... grew a bigger flower...

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Let's see... Mega Swampert is a steroid abuser, Mega Sceptile is a registered offender, Mega Blaziken is addicted to speed, Mega Charizard X/Y dabbles in genetic modifications, Mega Blastoise frequents black markets for illegal firearms, and Mega Venusaur... grew a bigger flower...
Mega Venusaur is a certified hippy.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
When I suddenly K.O someone with Dr.Mario with my UpB while edge guarding :

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Why does the announcer say Zelda's name as if he's depressed? 0_0
Hmm... Suspicious... Very suspicious. It's like his incredulous voice with Luigi, his curiosity with Greninja, and his "epic yes" with Megaman. Very suspicious, indeed.
Everyone is playing ORAS while I'm sitting here:
Join the club, mate. I didn't play Pokémon X until this summer. I don't have a Wii U yet nor have I played Uncharted 3, The Last of Us, Diamond/Pearl, Black/White (2), A Link Between Worlds, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, DmC: Devil May Cry, Dark Souls (2), Assassin's Creed III, Liberation, Black Flag, Rogue, and Unity; Skullgirls, Injustice: Gods Among Men, Arkham City and Origins, Dragon Age Origins, Awakening, II, and Inquisition, Mass Effect 1, 2, and 3, and... *lists a ton more games ranging from recent, old, and retro games*

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Music unlocking can be incredibly disappointing some times.

"Oh, a new music! Better take this challenge."

"Ok, won that battle-and it's just music from brawl." :/

Soul.

What is this. Customized amiibo figures?

Source: Reddit lol

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I was really looking forward to seeing what horde trainer battles were like. Then I found out it's just against 5 weak Poochyena
To be real honest, Magma and Aqua should have been Team Poochyena in blue and Team Poochyena in red.

D

Deleted member

That's subjective and dependant on what series of games you like. I for example am a huge Pokemon, Fire Emblem and Xenoblade fan, and I just love the man. 4 FE reps, with freakin' Robin being amazing, eventually 6 Pokemon with them all being amazing, and Xenoblade was fantastic. That medley, Shulk, Reyn references, Metal Face, Gaur Plain all of it. Proper fan service.
I agree that it differs a bit among franchises, but I still think as a whole it's not his strong suit. I mean, Smash Bros. as a concept should really be the most fanservicey Nintendo game there is, and yet--well, that title is taken by Hyrule Warriors, IMO.

Plus I can never forgive Sakurai for cutting, um, me, from the series. Well maybe I can forgive him. Just as long as it doesn't happen again...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Hmm, it appears as though Sharpedo has been removed from the Sea Routes

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
My most memorable moment playing Assassin's Creed II was hearing "ASSASSINO!", "CAZZO", and "It's-a me, Mario!" Oh, and the architecture. Yes, the architecture is beautiful. I'm really considering re-buying the game on PC just to play it again, but that's probably not going to happen until I get AC3 and finish a bunch of other games on my backlog.

Oh, and has anyone seen the defective Amiibos of Yoshi and Pikachu? They were upside down! Up. Side. Down. :laugh:

I agree that it differs a bit among franchises, but I still think as a whole it's not his strong suit. I mean, Smash Bros. as a concept should really be the most fanservicey Nintendo game there is, and yet--well, that title is taken by Hyrule Warriors, IMO.

Plus I can never forgive Sakurai for cutting, um, me, from the series. Well maybe I can forgive him. Just as long as it doesn't happen again...
Fire Emblem: Awakening was fanservice-y too. So... Many waifus... :love:

:joyful:

Oh, and hey, buddy. I ain't a playable character yet, but when I am, I'm gonna kick your- *gets dragged off the stage*

Last edited:

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena

Fan Service is the most subjective thing ever. For example Kid Icarus: Uprising is one of my favourite games ever so I almost feel like Sakurai overloaded the game with fan service. Mario Galaxy is another one of my favourites.
(Plus I was happy that Greninja was given importance over Mewtwo).

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I don't remember there being underwater trainer battles

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
When stuff was being ripped from the OR/AS demo a month ago, I was super happy to see pics of diver trainers.
Underwater trainers were something I wanted to see.

I can't remember if I had them on my grand wishlist, as there were already so many things I wanted that I probably forgot some. XD

You can fly to your secret base, which was one of the things on my list.

Many other awesome features are in OR/AS which I didn't have on the list, like being able to fly to routes and cave entrances.

Still no walking Pokemon, but Wailmer, Sharpedo, and Kyogre have unique overworld models when surfing on them. And you can move around at different speeds depending on the Pokemon.
I wonder if Lapras still has the unique model from X and Y.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
That is because there was not any before!

WHAT! UNDERWATER?! WITH THE FISHES?! *runs away due to fish phobia*

Seriously though, really? So, now there's underwater, sky, and regular ground battles. I can't wait for space and dimensional battles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom