• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
I heard stuff like this about a year ago.
If it were to happen, would we see Disney making movies based off of Nintendo franchises?
I mean I know Disney has a reputation, quite often a bad one in some regards. But as we are all no doubt aware, Nintendo don't do films well. At all. And as subjective as it is, Frozen as a fact is the most successful animated film of all time. But that's not all it's restricted to. Nintendo theme park? Yes please! It would be interesting to see how they'd handle game console and software development, but yes I am firmly in the camp that doesn't want this to happen. Allthough some of the possibilities are dreamy...:love:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
As much as I like Disney, I would never want them to purchase Nintendo. They are like my two favorite foods that are better off seperate. The only plus I could see out of the potential buyout would be Disney characters in Smash (Woody & Mickey confurmed11!!!) and Nintendo short films in front of Disney movies.

Wait a minute, did the investor think Nintendo is doomed?

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I mean I know Disney has a reputation, quite often a bad one in some regards. But as we are all no doubt aware, Nintendo don't do films well. At all. And as subjective as it is, Frozen as a fact is the most successful animated film of all time. But that's not all it's restricted to. Nintendo theme park? Yes please! It would be interesting to see how they'd handle game console and software development, but yes I am firmly in the camp that doesn't want this to happen. Allthough some of the possibilities are dreamy...:love:
Duck Hunt's Duck Pond
Mario Kart Bumping Cars
Star Fox Flight Simulator
Fire Emblem Kissing Booth
Metroid or Famicom/Advance Wars Paintball
F-Zero Rollercoaster

Yeah, the possibilities are endless...

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well, there's the Pikmin shorts, so that's a start on film and animation. Oh, and I thought there was already a Nintendo land. :p

By the way, 'roids! I can't wait for Mega Feraligatr with a 28-pack!

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Duck Hunt's Duck Pond
Mario Kart Bumping Cars
Star Fox Flight Simulator
Fire Emblem Kissing Booth
Metroid or Famicom/Advance Wars Paintball
F-Zero Rollercoaster

Yeah, the possibilities are endless...
Wow! Nintendo Land 2 sounds promising...

@ Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo I'm ready to SETTLE IT IN SMASH!

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
You wanted a music with beats ? Here it is.

D

Deleted member

For the first time in a while.

They had a profitable Q2 2014 also, though they're still at a loss for the year. I hope the holidays make up for it because other than Zelda U, there's no software left that can massively push hardware after this holiday.

Splatoon looks great but saleswise it doesn't look like "catching lightning in a bottle" territory.
Hopefully things go well and the Wii U becomes a success. 7 million units can't really be considered a "failure" because the 8th generation of consoles is just getting started.

And as for the Nintendo being bought by Disney idea..

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
You know, after watching a video about the real power of the Falcon Punch, I think Lucina would have died if she was hit by the Falcon Punch. If it was in the "Fire Emblem" rules, we would have seen an oblirated Lucina, killed by a racer with fire punches. It would have been sad, silly but god damn awesome.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I don't think plot-important characters/units can permanently die in the games, actually. By FE rules, Lucina would likely just be...knocked out.
That's...dumb.
I mean, a main character is important, but it's seriously not a big deal for it to die, appart for the fanbase of the character. Other series does it, why not Fire Emblem ?

D

Deleted member

I don't think plot-important characters/units can permanently die in the games, actually.
Lucina cannot die. If she dies, she will say something about fleeing, and be unusable for the rest of the game, but will still appear in cutscenes.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
WHY DO I FIND SO MANY PICTURES I LIKE

I CAN'T EVEN MANAGE TO KEEP AN AVATAR FOR A MERE WEEK ANYMORE

Anyway....anyone else here recognize this character? Or at least have a good idea of where she's from?

I will be a rather sad Phantom if no one does. :p

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Lucina cannot die. If she dies, she will say something about fleeing, and be unusable for the rest of the game, but will still appear in cutscenes.

This is just...I can't, this is just too dumb for me.

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
I have three and a half hours in Alpha Sapphire and a majority of that time has been in Pokemon Amie.

I haven't even made it past Petalburg Woods. :V

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
WHY DO I FIND SO MANY PICTURES I LIKE

I CAN'T EVEN MANAGE TO KEEP AN AVATAR FOR A MERE WEEK ANYMORE

Anyway....anyone else here recognize this character? Or at least have a good idea of where she's from?

I will be a rather sad Phantom if no one does. :p
Vitani from The Lion King II

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

This is just...I can't, this is just too dumb for me.
Characters relevant to the plot that aren't lords always "retreat" in FE.
I have three and a half hours in Alpha Sapphire and a majority of that time has been in Pokemon Amie.

My brother hasn't even entered the first route. I'm still wondering why he bought the game.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Vitani from The Lion King II
Dead-on correct.

She quickly became one of my favorite characters from it, though from what I once saw in a video she (rather sadly) only has a minute's worth of dialogue...

The Lion King II wasn't all that great but I still felt it was a heck lot better than most of the other Direct-to-video sequels that came out around it's time.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Dead-on correct.

She quickly became one of my favorite characters from it, though from what I once saw in a video she (rather sadly) only has a minute's worth of dialogue...

The Lion King II wasn't all that great but I still felt it was a heck lot better than most of the other Direct-to-video sequels that came out around it's time.
" Where's your Pretty daughter, Nala?"

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387

Really want those bonuses to exp, crit rate, evasion rate and recovering from status effects for no reason eh?

D

Deleted member

You get a Game Over if you lose her in classic though.
Huh. I thought she'd just be unusable. Guess I should be grateful that I didn't lose her then. Game Overs are far more annoying than just losing a unit, especially if you made progress.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Everyone tag @Warchamp7 and tell him to make Ridley's Smash Wii U icon a smiley like all the playable characters.

Ya know, the icon you get for killing him.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
You get a Game Over if you lose her in classic though.
Oh good, just a poor game over. Well, looks like next time they need to put deaths for main characters. It could create some good alternative stories to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom