• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0Y

Smash Master
Odd that NoE decided to delay Captain Toad a month to help fill out the first half of 2015, and Smash is also releasing a week later because maybe printing, shipping, or languages? This is a clear case of NoA doing better.

I think NoA made the right move here. Just let it out before Christmas. Wii U owners are used to droughts and no games in January wouldn't be a shocker. Should have brought over that Fatal Frame game if you want to avoid them so badly...

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ya know, Im happy that there is hype around Swampert. It's great since my Cryogonal eats it alive :cool:
I bet salamanders - I think the Mudkip line is based on salamanders - are a delicacy somewhere. Considering gecko meat, Treecko line, and chicken, Torchic line, it's a safe bet that Gen 3 starters are clearly based on food. :p

Last edited:

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
I bet salamanders, I think the Mudkip line is based on salamanders, are a delicacy somewhere. Considering gecko meat, Treecko line, and chicken, Torchic line, it's a safe bet that Gen 3 starters are clearly based on food. :p
Yeah. That's what I think as well! Specifically, the Abystoma Mexicanum.

I mean, the Mudkip line keeps their external gills through out their entire evolution line. Just like how Axolotls are neotenic their entire lives and never metamorphose, thus never losing their external gills.

Plus, Axolotls are a delicacy in some places.

... That makes me sad. :C

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What are your thoughts on this one channel called G4? :troll:
Yes, I'm aware it's shutting down in November 30.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I bet salamanders - I think the Mudkip line is based on salamanders - are a delicacy somewhere. Considering gecko meat, Treecko line, and chicken, Torchic line, it's a safe bet that Gen 3 starters are clearly based on food. :p
There is also the bit that Cryogonal is a pissed off snowflake and just eats what it wants.

True though, let us go out and get us some Kentucky fried fighting chicken.

Hartenberg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hartenberg
3DS FC
1220-8573-2488
It took me nearly 30 minutes to make Corneria in stage builder. It wouldn't have been that hard if I wasn't terrible at it. But it doesn't help that I couldn't make a certain point grabable. No matter how hard I tried, it just wouldn't work, so I dealt with it. Then I had to deal with the not so smart AI not being able to jump up on to the upper part....no matter how low or high I built it. So I eventually gave up and said screw it. So I now I have a Corneria like stage where the AI gets stuck on the bottom part... :/

The same thing happens with my Peach's Castle stage. The CPU's think they can just walk right through the center part. That's all they try to do the entire match. No matter their level.

So IMO, stage builder is the most frustrating thing in this entire game. Although, part of the problem is my artistic ability of a 2 year old. So that certainly doesn't help.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

I mean, the Mudkip line keeps their external gills through out their entire evolution line. Just like how Axolotls are neotenic their entire lives and never metamorphose, thus never losing their external gills.

Remember, Mudkip are for hugs, not for dinner.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I always thought Mudkip was based on a mudskipper. Bulbapedia says it based on either a mudpuppy (a species of salamander), a mudskipper or an axalotl.
Apparently the Chinese Giant Salamander is eaten, however, it is an endangered species and hunting it is illegal.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Ever had frog, fox, and er... chipmunk - what the hell is Chespin based on? - meat? Kalos is based on France so... Hmm, I wonder why they didn't have a horse starter, but they do have a slug-based Pokémon, the Goomy line.

Considering Slowpoke tails were harvested in Johto... Yeah... Those Skiddo... :sadeyes:

Could you... Could you eat this adorable thing?

I always thought Mudkip was based on a mudskipper. Bulbapedia says it based on either a mudpuppy (a species of salamander), a mudskipper or an axalotl.
Apparently the Chinese Giant Salamander is eaten, however, it is an endangered species and hunting it is illegal.
Hmm, makes sense. I remember calling my Mudkip when I was messing around on Emerald "Skipper".

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Ever had frog, fox, and er... chipmunk - what the hell is Chespin based on? - meat? Kalos is based on France so... Hmm, I wonder why they didn't have a horse starter, but they do have a slug-based Pokémon, the Goomy line.

Considering Slowpoke tails were harvested in Johto... Yeah... Those Skiddo... :sadeyes:

Chespin is based on a hedgehog and chestnut shoot

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387

Hmm, makes sense. I remember calling my Mudkip when I was messing around on Emerald "Skipper".
At the most I can see this as a walking Veggie burger.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

This is how I am in real life. I'm weird. And also don't have a girlfriend. *cries in the background*

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Chespin is based on a hedgehog and chestnut shoot
Oh yeah! All I remember is that it's like some rodent-thing except hedgehogs and, I think, porcupines, aren't rodents. Hmm, I remember my dad saying that they're tasty - I don't remember which or maybe both hedgehogs and porcupines are tasty.

At the most I can see this as a walking Veggie burger.
Hey, they gots meat and veggies all ta'gether. Them's good eatin'...

THIS IS WHAT HUNTING IN FAR CRY 3 DOES TO YOU! ALL YOU CAN THINK OF IS HUNTING, SKINNING, FOOD EVEN THOUGH YOU DON'T EAT IN FAR CRY 3, AND SURVIVAL. SORRY, MY CAPS-LOCK BROKE! :p

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
How ironic. A relative of mine got AS and I nicknamed their Mudkip "Skipper" (they allowed me to).
For the record I was also considering "Gilligan" and "Skippy".

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
How ironic. A relative of mine got AS and I nicknamed their Mudkip "Skipper" (they allowed me to).
For the record I was also considering "Gilligan" and "Skippy".
Fine, I'll name my Mudkip:"Skipz with a Z"... That's not going to fit is it?

I'm not really good with naming Pokémon unless it strikes me like naming Honedge after the Lady of the Lake, Nyneve, associating Krookadile with Bonnie & Clyde - he had the most "normal" name out of the bunch - since they look like criminals with sunglasses, and Xerneas with Bambi since it looks like a deer/stag and Bambietta from Bleach - Xerneas was named Bambietta if it was confusing. Then there's Retho the Flygon who joined because I didn't know what Pokémon to use for rest of the game. You can probably figure out what "Retho" means.

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I think I just have the duck hunt dog left to unlock.

I've already gotten Falco, Wario, Mr. Game & Watch, Lucina, Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, and R.O.B.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Hell no. Keep that dorky, pink doc away from my Mudkip. For the record, I like Treecko the most out of the Hoenn starters.
I'll be honest, I'm not that big of a fan of Treecko. I've always preferred the other two.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think I just have the duck hunt dog left to unlock.

I've already gotten Falco, Wario, Mr. Game & Watch, Lucina, Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, and R.O.B.
I accidentally unlocked Duck Hunt when I was trying to unlock the Duck Hunt stage.

R0Y

Smash Master
Europe waiting until 2015 aside, they have the slightly better box art for Captain Toad imo. What do you think?

EU

NA

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
More like the way better box art.
Well it's only the background.

Can't really discount the fact that 1 region gets in before Christmas and one after, I'll take yellow any day if it means that. European delay is just padding early 2015.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom