• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Too bad, forever just went by, now its time to CHUCKLE.
Forever just went by?

You mean the world has ended?

I guess there's no time for the year of Knucles after all.

Everyone is after the Smash Ball...

Quite good art. I like the style a lot.

Also, you may know how difficult it is to browse fan-art while dodging NSFW stuff...

Image source: http://thormeister.deviantart.com/art/Smash-Brothers-Poster-NIntendo-Force-483712490
This makes me imagine if the game was somehow powerful enough to handle but a single particular moment (or had special cutscenes for each character) where a character could unleash their final smash on every other character in the cast at once.

I can only imagine how satisfying that would be.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
How can it be the Year of Knuckles if the Year of Luigi hasn't ended yet? Let me break this down;

Year of Luigi timeframe:
2013 - Forever :4luigi:
I agree. It's always the Year of Luigi.
But Year of Knuckles can join in with Weegee.
New RPG Incoming
Knuckles & Luigi: Eternal Heroes & Knuckles

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
You see, after the world, new one is born. The world of Knuckles, where year of Knuckles is every year. And we flex our muscles.
So basically connecting the cartridges to play as Knuckles in Sonic 2, gotcha!

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
Do you guys think that I can go to GameStop on day 1 of SSB Wii U's release, and get the game without pre ordering it? I'm asking because I did the same thing with X/Y on release date and the GameStop I went to only had 1 copy left for people who didn't pre order it.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Do you guys think that I can go to GameStop on day 1 of SSB Wii U's release, and get the game without pre ordering it? I'm asking because I did the same thing with X/Y on release date and the GameStop I went to only had 1 copy left for people who didn't pre order it.
When I did midnight release for Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds, I was told by GameStop that the preorder had to be fully paid off to participate (which I already did)

I don't know if that is something for all stores but it doesn't hurt to do it.

I already have Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Controller bundle, Link amiibo, & Pokémon Omega Ruby fully paid off (ALL released on November 21). I'm just waiting to find out if my GameStop is doing midnight release.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The first two Pokemon I encounter on Route 3 were :106: and :136:.
CATCHING THEM BOTH

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I must admit I'm rather surprised the whole article revealing the status and confusion over Mewtwo's voice actor hasn't hit Google News yet. The thread been around for a couple of days now.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I must admit I'm rather surprised the whole article revealing the status and confusion over Mewtwo's voice actor hasn't hit Google News yet. The thread been around for a couple of days now.
Me too i diden't see anything on this either

Ps what page on smas boards was meantioned (it was more like i was 101% sure i was a slow poke)

D

Deleted member

Probably because it's not what Google News prefers to cover. It's great news, but not something that really matters outside of a certain demographic.
Me too i diden't see anything on this either

Ps what page on smas boards was meantioned (it was more like i was 101% sure i was a slow poke)
Don't quite remember, it was a few nights back though.

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
When I did midnight release for Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds, I was told by GameStop that the preorder had to be fully paid off to participate (which I already did)

I don't know if that is something for all stores but it doesn't hurt to do it.

I already have Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Controller bundle, Link amiibo, & Pokémon Omega Ruby fully paid off (ALL released on November 21). I'm just waiting to find out if my GameStop is doing midnight release.
Do you think I'll be able to get a copy?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Probably because it's not what Google News prefers to cover. It's great news, but not something that really matters outside of a certain demographic.
I suppose that's true. Though everyone thought the guy had been dead for years now and all of the sudden he turns out to be alive and well, and Wikipedia members fixed up the article on the guy in a matter of a few hours, not to mention Mewtwo himself recently hit it after he was announced as DLC in the Smash Wii U Direct. With all that I figured Google would've also show some sort of acknowledgement towards this by now, but ah well, it's not that big of a loss that it hasn't. As long as the word still gets out more in some way or another.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Luxray should have been Electric/Dark type.
You know, I've never been on the bandwagon for it getting the Dark type as there's not a lot Dark (or rather, Evil in Japan). The only thing that really works is its dark colors, and even then, that's not the best indicator as otherwise Pokémon like Zekrom would be Dark.

Last edited:

Soul.

You know, I've never been on the bandwagon for it getting the Dark type, what is specifically Dark (or rather, Evil in Japan) about it? The only thing that really works is its dark colors, and even then, that's not the best indicator as otherwise Pokémon like Zekrom would be Dark.
Probably because it has that dark stuff on its body, I guess. It would gain STAB Crunch if it was Electric/Dark, but.... it would be like the typical Dark-type. Fast, strong and frail.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Luxray's appearance never screamed "Dark-type" to me either but I do think it being part-Dark would've fit it to some extent too. It definitely looks much more like an Electric-type with very little "Dark" elements in my eyes.

Still, I personally think a Electric/Dark Mega Luxray would be pretty sweet regardless. The Dark-typing doesn't matter nearly as much to me as does getting a Mega Luxray at all though.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Do you guys think Wikipedia is good or not?
Good for some quick info searching? Sometimes.

Good for school assignments or project? Absolutely not.

Do you think I'll be able to get a copy?
A copy of Smash? Well, without the controller bundle, there COULD be a chance but, due to the popularity of the series and current preorder sales data, chances might be pretty slim (for a game like Smash, I think preorder is your safest bet)

If you want the controller bundle, then you're completely out of luck as no stores are accepting preorders for the bundle.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Do you guys think Wikipedia is good or not?
I like using it to find quick fun facts. Not the best idea for school unless you are using it to find sources. Using it as a source for school could be bad. Wikipedia even thought Mewtwo's voice actor was dead until this week.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
LSo I just saw the Age of Ultron trailer, and I was dying at the Pinnochio reference.

"There are no strings on me."
- Ultron

What if this was a running gag in Marvel movies.

When Loki is deceiving Thor in Dark World, he could have said, "You've got a friend in me."

Or just picture Whiplash attacking Tony Stark on the race track, while saying "A dream is a wish your heart makes."

Or Stark pushing Iron Mongor up into the sky saying "I can show you the world. Shining, shimmering splendid."

Now we wait for the Disney references in Star Wars.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I like using it to find quick fun facts. Not the best idea for school unless you are using it to find sources. Using it as a source for school could be bad. Wikipedia even thought Mewtwo's voice actor was dead until this week.
One time Wikipedia stated that, starting with Super Mario Galaxy 2, that Patrick Warburton would be the permanent replacement of Luigi's voice actor (and at a forums I go to, many were taking it too seriously *facepalm*):laugh:

Pretty funny stuff from Wikipedia sometimes.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
One time Wikipedia stated that, starting with Super Mario Galaxy 2, that Patrick Warburton would the permanent replacement of Luigi's voice actor (and at a forums I go to, many were taking it too seriously *facepalm*):laugh:

I remember Wikipedia mentioning Mr. Game & Watch would be playable in Super Mario Sluggers and the naive 15-year-old me believed it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

One time Wikipedia stated that, starting with Super Mario Galaxy 2, that Patrick Warburton would be the permanent replacement of Luigi's voice actor (and at a forums I go to, many were taking it too seriously *facepalm*):laugh:

I would be totally okay with Patrick voicing Luigi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom