• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
1024 POSTS!
Because you have to celebrate big round number milestones.
I guess the best way to celebrate this is by tagging ALL OF THE PEOPLE. MORE OR LESS.

@MasterWarlord @FrozenRoy @Smash Daddy @ForwardArrow @JOE! : Not actually Social Thread regulars. However, they were the MYM leadership team as of MYM 15. MYM was the reason why I joined; the idea of coming up with fully-fleshed-out movesets for pretty much anyone really appealed to me. Then I discovered the Social Thread... It's actually kind of a tragic story.

Now for Social Thread regulars:
@ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 : I wonder what he thinks of my avatar. "IT LOOKS KINDA LIKE IT'S MADE OF PAPER, 11/10."
@ Sehnsucht Sehnsucht : My eyes still hurt sometimes.
@CliffJumper : He makes me chuckle. At his expense.
@Frostwraith : Guardian Orbitars. EVERYWHEEEERE
@ Soul. Soul. : SOMETHING tells me he doesn't like the Wii U version very much.
@elusiveTranscendent : I HAVE SENIORITY OVER SOMEONE WOO
@ Croph Croph : When he joined this forum, he couldn't think of a username, so he bashed his head against the keyboard a few times.

If @MorbidAltruism and @Flight don't like this post, I will be very sad.
@ Rysir Rysir : AURA? AURA.
Who's Avery? All we know is that @ AveryisAwesome AveryisAwesome .
@ Dairantō Smash Brothers Dairantō Smash Brothers : He's a man of many faces.
@Kermit the Ninja is going to reply to this post with a Homura gif.
@Rocket Raccoon : Ain't nothin' like him, 'cept him. And that guy from Regular Show.
@MisterVideoGaming has the best avatar. Excepting mine, of course.
@HunterNinjaReaperPirate98 & Knuckles
@D-idara : ...never mind

If you haven't been tagged and feel you deserve the representation you are entitled to, please don't hesitate to get lost.
Congrats on the 4 digit number! Aaaaaaaaaaannnnnd!

Soul.

You kidding? Ow the Hedge had no memorable soundtracks whatsoever as far as I can tell. :p
"All Hail Shadow." "Never Turn Back" "I am...All Of Me." Eh. Well, you could be right. Boom's music is...not vivid.

1024 POSTS!
I guess the best way to celebrate this is by tagging ALL OF THE PEOPLE. MORE OR LESS.

@MasterWarlord @FrozenRoy @Smash Daddy @ForwardArrow @JOE! : Not actually Social Thread regulars. However, they were the MYM leadership team as of MYM 15. MYM was the reason why I joined; the idea of coming up with fully-fleshed-out movesets for pretty much anyone really appealed to me. Then I discovered the Social Thread... It's actually kind of a tragic story.

@ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 : I wonder what he thinks of my avatar. "IT LOOKS KINDA LIKE IT'S MADE OF PAPER, 11/10."
@ Croph Croph : When he joined this forum, he couldn't think of a username, so he bashed his head against the keyboard a few times.

@Rocket Raccoon : Ain't nothin' like him, 'cept him. And that guy from Regular Show.

If you haven't been tagged and feel you deserve the representation you are entitled to, please don't hesitate to get lost.

AveryisAwesome

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Kingytp546
1024 POSTS!

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
thanks for the tag. I didn't told you, but I like how you mixed your old avatar with that trophy (and no it looks more 3d than paper because of the trophy...).

Speaking of paper:

pm64 trophy confirmed!

and remember that we have its composer...

CAN A PM64 STAGE HAPPENS???
Wow, didn't think they'd make a trophy out of something more obscure from the Paper Mario series. I guess they made it because it'd be one of the only 3D PM trophies besides Fracktail.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Wow, didn't think they'd make a trophy out of something more obscure from the Paper Mario series. I guess they made it because it'd be one of the only 3D PM trophies besides Fracktail.
they made a stage...

What is surprising is the game. pm64 had few reps on 3ds but all the trophy were sticker star with a subtile referecence to spm and a VERY pecular one on pm64.

This is the first trophy to be directly pm64.

Thus, could hint at more withits composer...

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
1024 POSTS!

t6gyttgtffffv bkolppo0-p-0op-[o;dxc 8iiowqa2a kooikpl!

Let me translate my keyboard bashing language for you (and yes I did use my head for this): Thanks for mentioning me and congrats on your post count!

In hindsight, I feel kinda dumb for coming up with most of my username like that. I've been thinking getting a name change (since I've been premium for so long...), though it may only be "Croph" since everyone calls me that. We'll see.

D

Deleted member

In hindsight, I feel kinda dumb for coming up with most of my username like that. I've been thinking getting a name change (since I've been premium for so long...), though it may only be "Croph" since everyone calls me that. We'll see.
I feel you lol. I've made tons of "meh" usernames over the years. I went with "Flight" as it was available, surprisingly. If it wasn't, well, then I'd have went with "FlightShift".

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Do you think we will see any new unlockable stages that aren't remakes?

We only know of Pac-Land and Duck Hunt Stage. I hope there is a few more new stages.

Soul.

I've only played Sonic Unleashed and never made any attempt to get into the series at all until sometime after I got Brawl.

When exactly did Sonic games really start being terrible? (or to be more specific, which game was the first in a long line of Sonic games that would generally be considered bad or at least "meh"? Of course I know Sonic 06 is one of the earlier ones)
They were considered "meh" after Sonic '06. Secret Rings was only good at one thing: the music; Sonic Riders: ZG was okay, Unleashed was decent on the Wii / PS2 versions (Xbox 360 and PS3 versions didn't live up to the expectations), Black Knight was a horrible game and the only good thing was the music. Then came Colors, which got rid of the "meh" thing for a while; Generations did that too, and then Sonic went back to the Meh level starting with Lost World.

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I hope saffron city returns. It was always a good moment when some hard hitting attack or a baseball bat swing ends up sending whatever pokemon that pops out of the elevator flying off the stage.

Forever ingrained in my mind is a charmander showing up and immediately getting smacked by the homerun bat.

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
I hope saffron city returns. It was always a good moment when some hard hitting attack or a baseball bat swing ends up sending whatever pokemon that pops out of the elevator flying off the stage.

Forever ingrained in my mind is a charmander showing up and immediately getting smacked by the homerun bat.
I prefer Fourside. :p

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
1024 POSTS!

>tfw not tagged

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Welp, I had a hilarious Smash Run: race with Sonic. His default speed alone would make it easy, but this is Smash Run so... Yeah... I think the course was lengthened so it wouldn't make it look like a curbstomp - it was still a curbstomp. The other fitting race was with Samus. Although I never played the 2D Metroid games, the Prime games did have escape sequences, so it felt a bit nostalgic.

I remember racing with Ness and barely won. I would have lost had I not picked up a power-up and a Bunny Hood. I really love the racing events for some reason. I miss the Captain Falcon one in Melee? and I think Sonic had one in Brawl - that or he was fast enough with the Bunny Hood to outrun the F-Zero machines.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So the whole net neutrality comes down to who do you want in control of the internet, the government or large cooperations?

Is that it?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So the whole net neutrality comes down to who do you want in control of the internet, the government or large cooperations?

Is that it?
That's usually how these things go down. If you can, might as well root for the guys who will screw you over the least.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm watching Barman 2

I haven't seen it in ages

I brought it once for my nephew to see, but my family thinks it's too dark

Even though he loves Batman

D

Deleted member

That's usually how these things go down. If you can, might as well root for the guys who will screw you over the least.
In the end it's really only going to end up hurting them. Who's going to want to pay for more bandwidth?

On a side note, here's the DKCR theme.
Now with monkeys!

Last edited by a moderator:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
In the end it's really only going to end up hurting them. Who's going to want to pay for more bandwidth?

On a side note, here's the DKCR theme.
Now with monkeys!
Why do I keep trying I will never love 192kbps for that much looses...

But hearing this incomplete version makes me hype to hear the full one...

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Preparing to play FNaF2 again in a little while.

Am still only at Night 2 as I've been waiting for a day that I can stay up real late at night to make things more interesting.

_____

That aside, what's been going on in the social thread today? Have I missed anything noteworthy?
Thread wise or smash wise? Smash wise Flat zone 1 was leaked by Jwitz so we now have confirmation on both flat zones being in the game.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Project M 3.5 is awesome. Have pretty much been playing it all day since getting it downloaded, which took like 2 or 3 hours.

EDIT - what happened to the Smash 4 competitive section? I can't seem to see it anymore.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Project M 3.5 is awesome. Have pretty much been playing it all day since getting it downloaded, which took like 2 or 3 hours.
I love how they redesigned Meta Crystal and Dream Land. Playing it on Dolphin really brings it out in HD.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I freaking loved Batman Returns. I especially liked the way Burton re-imagined the Penguin in the film as deformed child with several parts of his body resembling parts of those of actual penguins, among other things.

Sadly Warner Bros. went all "film is too dark needs lots and lots of stuff to appeal to younger audiences instead" because of parents complaining about Returns being "too dark" and the film not being quite as successful as the first mainly because of those complaints. Burton was asked to restrict himself as the director for the Batman films from then on (he was the producer for the third film though).

Michael Keaton even turned down $15 Million to reprise his role as Batman in Batman Forever because of two things: One being that he wanted to pursue other roles which he may have found more interesting, and the other is that he did not like the new direction the Batman films were beginning to take.

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Time Burton should have made more Batman movies
I heard that's why Keaton left as Batman because Burton stopped directing. It's a shame because he really did play the best live action Batman.
Users with 3 or more warning points can't see it. Called 'Posting Probation' in fancier terms.
How long does it take for warning points to wear off?

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Time Burton should have made more Batman movies
Time Burton? Who's that?

I freaking loved Batman Returns. I especially liked the way Burton re-imagined the Penguin in the film as deformed child with several parts of his body resembling parts of those of actual penguins, among other things.

Sadly Warner Bros. went all "film is too dark needs lots and lots of stuff to appeal to younger audiences instead" because of parents complaining about Returns being "too dark" and the film not being quite as successful as the first mainly because of those complaints. Burton was asked to restrict himself as the director for the Batman films from then on (he was the producer for the third film though).

Michael Keaton even turned down $15 Million to reprise his role as Batman in Batman Forever because of two things: One being that he wanted to pursue other roles which he may have found more interesting, and the other is that he did not like the new direction the Batman films were beginning to take.
And the next two Batman films are considered the worst. Moral of the story; Joel Shumacher(if that's how you spell it)and Batman don't mix.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Lol. 3.5 waiting time of boredom coming back to bite me in the ass, only places I have gotten warnings recently. Though I would have figured I would only have 2 points accumulated. Ah well.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If Tim Burton directs another Batman Movie again Im sure that he'll put Johnny Depp as Batman or Joker....you know, because Tim Burton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom