• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I've received an e-mail from Nintendo today, a little add from them.
They propose some games and things to buy for christmas.
In it, they recommended Sonic Boom as a gift for someone or for yourself.
Nintendo, go home, you haven't played the game, you don't know what you recommend.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Sorry for replying to this very late, but here's what I got.

Youtube will have even at hd quality an audio bitrate of 192kbps.

At this rate, I can with minimal efforts discen losses comparing to a wav file of the same music uncompressed. So, if the uploader ripped the wav file of a music, I could notice losses, but imagine if the uploader took an mp3 and upload it to youtube...THEN it's going to sound so bad. You would stack too compression which is usually so bad that it doesn't earn the respect to be listened.

In fact, since I learned the 192kbps, I won't use youtube unless it's for sharing because it's a least better like her to link to a yt video than uploading a ripped wav file.

So, if you can notice looses in youtube, get ripped wav file. You likely won't find this on internet so you would have to do it yourself, but you can also go for flac if you're sure the compression isn't exaggerated.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Nope, not even Rouge or Tails McCloud.

But just "regular" Tails, sure, the ONLY other sonic character I'd be okay with as DLC, and I HIGHLY doubt it.
... Did I just read something that I can agree with you?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

OH GOD LMAO. THE ANNOUNCER CALL IN THE LEAKED VIDEO IS KNUCKLES' ANNOUNCER CALL FROM CRUSADE. I'M DYING.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
... Did I just read something that I can agree with you?
It's just common sense to have no confidence in multiple representatives for third party franchises, right?

But really, I don't think Rouge will ever be playable. The only thing Nintendo purchasing Sega would do is make her an assist trophy as far as I see.

(Disclaimer: I don't want Nintendo to buy Sega)

D

Deleted member

It's just common sense to have no confidence in multiple representatives for third party franchises, right?

But really, I don't think Rouge will ever be playable. The only thing Nintendo purchasing Sega would do is make her an assist trophy as far as I see.

(Disclaimer: I don't want Nintendo to buy Sega)

What have you done with the real CliffJumper?

D

Deleted member

Ugh, Crusade... The fangame people are better off not playing.
If people play it and pick Olimar, their eyes will burn out from how godawful I made him look.

And then there's this. They said they were going to remove it. They wanted to remove it. I was fine with removing it, but...

Last edited by a moderator:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
If people play it and pick Olimar, their eyes will burn out from how godawful I made him look.

And then there's this. They said they were going to remove it. They wanted to remove it. I was fine with removing it, but...

Wait, are/were you part of the Crusade development team?

D

Deleted member

Wait, are/were you part of the Crusade development team?
Formally. I was kicked out when I leaked the APEX build. Nothing I contributed was any good.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Changed my Icon to the first Pallete Swap of Knuckles that we saw
Because I like it.

D

Deleted member

How naughty of you.
Indeed. Looking back, I have no idea why I leaked. I'm pretty sure I had deleted my account the day before, so what motivation could I have possibly had? Either way, I'm glad I did, because it taught me a damn good lesson.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
So I'm downloading Steam on this ****ty laptop. Hopefully it'll run, and maybe I could even play some games with you folks one day.

Oh, and I hit 2,000 posts. Took me long enough. I'd like to thank a bunch of people who I can't remember off the top of my head, But the ones I can remember:

@Kermit the Ninja, thanks for the memories..?
@exaggeratedhonesty, @legendofrob1, @Nielicus, and @HunterNinjaReaperPirate98 for talking to a dumbass like me on Skype for extended periods of time.
@SilverEra, @Desert Croc, @Crap-Zapper and all the other icons makers for putting up with a selfish ******* like myself for so long.

And so many others! Maybe I'll reach 3,000 by 2020!

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I like how Camelot made the character of Waluigi and how Brawl in the familly represented him. At least, Nintendo knows that he's important for a lot of people.
Look! An excuse to post the greatest video game intro of all time!

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Is Crusade THAT bad?
Yes. A weird roster (Petey Piranha for example), sprites randomly pulled from games or done terribly by theirselves (Krystal for example) and the gameplay is so-so as well.
And I know I can't do it better by myself, but you know what they say, complaining is more fun than making people complain.

D

Deleted member

Is Crusade THAT bad?
What I learned has absolutely nothing to do with the game itself. I learned the valuable lesson that being an asshole is not endearing, it's annoying. It doesn't make anyone like you. It doesn't make you better. It also taught me that failure is the single best motivational tool in some cases, (A lesson that a certain character would later reinforce) and that overworking yourself is dumb. I would love to legitimately apologize to the team, but at this point, they probably don't want to hear it. It's probably best to leave it.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Is Crusade THAT bad?
I've played a bit myself, and I'll admit it's "eh" at best. I'll admit that I appreciate it's options and character choice, but then we have questionable choices like the sprites (which some are simply leftovers from SSF2).

Also...
upload_2014-11-15_13-53-44.png

How ironic.

Yes. A weird roster (Petey Piranha for example), sprites randomly pulled from games or done terribly by theirselves (Krystal for example) and the gameplay is so-so as well.
And I know I can't do it better by myself, but you know what they say, complaining is more fun than making people complain.
To be fair, Smash has had plenty of oddball picks in it as well. The issue is them being done well.
Heck, for all the yap we've been giving Project M, I'll say that even with how far out picking Knuckles of all characters is, I actually like what they've done.

Crusade on the other hand focuses on a quantity > quality standpoint. And it shows.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I've played a bit myself, and I'll admit it's "eh" at best. I'll admit that I appreciate it's options and character choice, but then we have questionable choices like the sprites (which some are simply leftovers from SSF2).

Also...
View attachment 29851
How ironic.

To be fair, Smash has had plenty of oddball picks in it as well. The issue is them being done well.
Heck, for all the yap we've been giving Project M, I'll say that even with how far out Knuckles looks, I actually like what they've done.

Crusade on the other hand focuses on a quantity > quality standpoint. And it shows.
I started freaking out because I thought the text field was broken:dizzy:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Look! An excuse to post the greatest video game intro of all time!
That was... quite epic for a tennis game.

I have the GCN version of Mario Golf and remember that it also had an epic intro.

That music, though. Motoi Sakuraba is among my favorite video game composers for a good reason.

D

Deleted member

Yes. A weird roster (Petey Piranha for example)
In terms of weird choices, Petey Piranha has nothing on Weegee. Weegee was the ultimate case of not paying attention. He was originally supposed to be a character for one of the developers, but they decided to keep him in. He was then supposed to be selectable only by clicking Luigi's eyes after some insane requirement, but that got screwed up and then he was selectable by default.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I dont get it :p
It's funny because we actually have a Super Moderator named Aerodrome.

In terms of weird choices, Petey Piranha has nothing on Weegee. Weegee was the ultimate case of not paying attention. He was originally supposed to be a character for one of the developers, but they decided to keep him in. He was then supposed to be selectable only by clicking Luigi's eyes after some insane requirement, but that got screwed up and then he was selectable by default.
Is it bad that I liked Weegee?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom