• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
That was... quite epic for a tennis game.

I have the GCN version of Mario Golf and remember that it also had an epic intro.

That music, though. Motoi Sakuraba is among my favorite video game composers for a good reason.
Dude, it's like a little cartoon. I would love to see a whole show with the adventures of Wario and Waluigi made by Camelot.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Is Crusade THAT bad?
It's an interesting game, to say the least.

Imagine if those crazy rosters with Goku and Naruto actually became reality. Then put that into a really uncomfortable engine with ugly and squished graphics.

Anyway, I'm also doing a nuzlocke run of Pokemon Red right now. If you ever grew up with Red, I recommend replaying it, it's a pretty fun nostalgia trip, even though it's incredibly outdated now.

Current Team: :007::032::016:

D

Deleted member

But did it have Goku tho?
Actually, yes. It did. Goku was super broken until his moveset was changed. His neutral special was the Kamehameha, and it traveled the entire screen and was slightly faster than the Falcon Punch. Had decent knockback too. Whenever the game was demoed, people would pick Goku and spam the move over and over.

Well I mean I like Olimar in general, but I haven't played much of him in the game.
Heck, I haven't played said game in a long time.
I mean Olimar in Crusade. He looks so bad. I rushed him so hard...

Where'd you get that avatar? @Kermit the Ninja
Found it in the Funny SSB4 Captions thread I think. I'll try and find the source in a bit.

It's an interesting game, to say the least.

Imagine if those crazy rosters with Goku and Naruto actually became reality. Then put that into a really uncomfortable engine with ugly and squished graphics.
Honestly, I like the sound of this in a way. If they wanted to parody the Smash fangame or the fanmade Smash roster instead of making the game all serious and competitive and crap, I think that would be hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
To be off-topic for a sec, I had an idea. What if for the next Paper Mario game we got Paper Wario?
It would be the normal RPG games, but with a bit more humor towards it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They should add Paper Mario :)
Paper Mario was considered at one point, but I think they wanted to have Fawful instead because villain bias and one guy on the team loved Fawful.

To be off-topis for a sec, I had an idea. What if for the next Paper Mario game we got Paper Wario?
Take my money. That would be amazing.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Yes. Not lying.

There are some missing here.
>No Pit.
>No Zelda.
>No Charizard.
>Marth is the only FE character.
>Many Sonic characters.
>Tingle, Geno, Petey, Ridley and Goku.

Officially the worst roster ever (Except for Saki and Mach Rider).

Last edited:

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
To be off-topis for a sec, I had an idea. What if for the next Paper Mario game we got Paper Wario?
If we were to get a new Paper Mario, I really really really hope they go back to TTYD.

After all the experimenting Paper Mario has done, including the good and the bad, I really just want a TTYD style game. Having both humor and a great story, fun gameplay, partners, sidestories, etc.

I don't think we need any more experiments. Although Paper Wario being an NPC of some sort sounds fun.

D

Deleted member

>No Pit.
>No Zelda.
>No Charizard.
>Marth is the only FE character.
>Many Sonic characters.
>Tingle, Geno, Petey, Ridley and Goku.

Officially the worst roster ever (Except for Saki and Mach Rider).
It's not final, they plan (or planned?) to have all veterans.

Except Young Link.

D

Deleted member

So, Project M is going to add 2 new characters.

Lyn and Knuckles
So they did go with Lyn after all.
SMH. I'd SMH over Knuckles as well, especially since there were previous statements that 3rd Party additions would not be done, but over the months I grew soft to the idea of ol' Chuckles the Oh No.
Isaac is "meh". I have no opinion one way or the other.

So if the remaining two are still Skull Kid and Sami, then only 2/5 additions are ones I like (Knuckles and Sami), with 2/5 being ones I wish I could just replace (Lyn and Skull Kid), and the last I am neither in favor of or against (Isaac).

D

Deleted member

Well this doesn't look THAT bad for a Fan Made ro-
*sees Snivy*
Screw this, I'm off.
Only reason Snivy's in was because she was the lead programmer's favorite Pokemon, and one of the spriters made her. I'm dead serious.

Although she was supposed to be a part of a Gen V trainer at some point. Not sure if that was scrapped.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Only reason Snivy's in was because she was the lead programmer's favorite Pokemon, and one of the spriters made her. I'm dead serious.

Although she was supposed to be a part of a Gen V trainer at some point. Not sure if that was scrapped.
So essentially she got in due to biases.
Not even Sakurai was this bad.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

Complete with a lightsaber **** slap and turning into Mama Luigi when he wins.
The moveset looks original, but seeing the game engine makes me want to stay away from it. I know it's fanmade, but come on, they could do better.

Also I think Young Link would be good with a Mask based moveset.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For all the complaints regarding Crusade, none of them better be about Porky's voice other than the errors in where some of the clips are used (which is of no fault of the actor).

D

Deleted member

So, Weegee is basically Youtube Poop the Smash Bros character?
Even moreso now; his pummel has him spawn random YTP memes, like M Bison's "YES," The CD-i characters, and even the Volvic Volcano.

The moveset looks original, but seeing the game engine makes me want to saty away from it. I know it's fanmade, but come on, they could do better.

Also I think Young Link would be good with a Mask based moveset.
That video is outdated, but it's the only one I could find of Weegee.

This one is more up to date:

So essentially she got in due to biases.
Not even Sakurai was this bad.
Kind of funny, but I think they rejected the idea of Dark Pit as an alternate of Pit. While Evil Ryu is still a thing.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Does he literally turn into @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 in his Down Throw
Whatthecrap
that was kinda bad considering they didn't made him a chaacter...

also,

If we were to get a new Paper Mario, I really really really hope they go back to TTYD.

After all the experimenting Paper Mario has done, including the good and the bad, I really just want a TTYD style game. Having both humor and a great story, fun gameplay, partners, sidestories, etc.

I don't think we need any more experiments. Although Paper Wario being an NPC of some sort sounds fun.
Basically this. Spm was great, but instead of trying to fix its flaws and keep with its good, they did so much wrong with sticker star that they really had the chance to do everything they could.

Now, it's best if they go back to root. I really am anxious about a Paper Mario announcement since sticker star...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
And most importantly, there's GRAND DAD WHEN HE DO AN UP THROW !
Actually...
But I will way he needs to do something with those teeth. It's not healthy.

Kind of funny, but I think they rejected the idea of Dark Pit as an alternate of Pit. While Evil Ryu is still a thing.
To be fair though at Evil Ryu is an actual fighter. Snivy on the other hand...

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Even moreso now; his pummel has him spawn random YTP memes, like M Bison's "YES," The CD-i characters, and even the Volvic Volcano.

Okay, definetely that looks better.

Maybe, again, MAYBE, I'll try it someday.

>Fanbase hates Dark Pit, adds Evil Ryu.

Not biased at all.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

*See the roster*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom