• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Still, Smash 4 has the resources, the money, and the manpower... project m has less in every regard, and yet they still do an amazing job. If anything you guys are being ignorant by failing to see the feat PMBR has accomplished given that they basically have no resources nor money.
"Have you ever made a game?"

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
How am I being ignorant? Explain yourself asinine naive.
First off: DEADLINES. Caps are for emphasis. The Project M team has all the time in the world to do whatever the **** they want to the game. Meanwhile, Sakurai and his team have to release the game on a tight schedule.

Project M has complete freedom when it comes to adding content. Not just thanks to the above time question I elaborated above, but because they aren't bound to a contract nor subject to legal issues.

You know why Project M doesn't have any budget? Because they're not employed by anyone. The budget that goes into games is to pay every party involved into the game's production. You know the Staff Credits list in every game? All those people are paid to make the game. Programmers, designers, animators, voice actors, translators, and so on...

How long as Project M been out and getting updated? Perhaps before Smash 4 was released and still going after Smash 4's release. Once again: TIME. They have TIME Sakurai and his team don't.

Also, this:
Project M is a community game mod project with zero deadlines and complete control over the content they provide.

Smash 4 have a limited amount of development time, no matter if short or long, a long list of goals to meet and expand for the final build, not to mention, they have Masahiro Sakurai as the director. A smart guy with wild ideas.

Also, there are TWO versions of Smash Bros. this generation.

And as you can see from up to now, there is a LOT of content for both versions, even more for Wii U. Obviously, remastering an N64 stage was VERY low on their priority list.
There's a difference between a professional development team bound to contracts, legal issues, time constraints and so on, and a team of amateurs who modify an existing game in their free time.

It's apples and oranges. Both are fruits, but they're different.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Still, Smash 4 has the resources, the money, and the manpower... project m has less in every regard, and yet they still do an amazing job. If anything you guys are being ignorant by failing to see the feat PMBR has accomplished given that they basically have no resources nor money.
They're very good but when you imply they're better than Sakurai & Co. you can't act surprised when people laughs at you.

Soul.

That sideways hat Pikachu though.

PM is good. Smash 4 is good.
Let's make it so that both the two versions and the mod coexist.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Me neither. But Melee's fast-paced fighting is fun, and it looks interesting.

I heard Snake can actually drag grabbed opponents around now. And he had a taunt where he smokes and loses health slowly while making the beep noise from MGS, but I think that was replaced.
Nah, that's still a thing.

Unless they replaced it in 3.5.

Either way, I'm gonna download just for Classic Pit skin which I'll use for Brawl.

Last edited by a moderator:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I wonder why they stopped making games based on super hero movies. I know a lot of them were probably terrible, but other than The Amazing Spider-Man 2 I don't know of any recent full fledged console games.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Okay.
Okay.
I just watched the Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal beginning...
I don't know why this had to exist.
I haven't even seen gameplay yet. It already sucks.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I wonder why they stopped making games based on super hero movies. I know a lot of them were probably terrible, but other than The Amazing Spider-Man 2 I don't know of any recent full fledged console games.
As you said, many licensed superhero/film based video games were terrible, and were mainly cash grabs.

I can't think of many successful examples. The only ones I know of that had good reception were Spiderman 2 and the Rocksteady Batman series.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Recovery.
THAT JOKE WAS ALREADY USED BUT I DON'T CARE HAHAHAHA
No, seriously. What does it stand for?
The only things I can come up with are Melee and Mod.
Mod is generic and stupid, and if Melee isn't what it is, then what is it?

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
M for Masahiro Sakurai

They couldn't call it Project MS due to potential legal issues with Microsoft's name.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It stands for money, as in we're stealing Nintendo's money :troll:

please do not take this seriously i swear to christ

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Did you know that the joint collaboration between Nintendo and Team Ninja for the development of Metroid: Other M was called "Project M"?

D

Deleted member

I couldn't tell ya, I thought it stood for Melee too but I guess I was wrong.

Soul.

So, have they uploaded the final boss video from Glitchonic Boom yet?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In all seriousness it's Melee but the team claims it's not prolly to avoid "Melee 2.0" criticisms.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I think everybody knows what the M stands for.
Milk?
Project Milk.
Yup. That's it.
Boy, dontcha just love that Project Milk?

In all seriousness it's Melee but the team claims it's not prolly to avoid "Melee 2.0" criticisms.
What? Wait...
I thought that's exactly what it was.
Right?
Not in any negative way, but whenever I see Project M, I see Brawl as Melee.
That's it.
I don't see why there's anything wrong with that.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
It doesn't really stand for anything to be honest. It is simply just Project M.

Though I like Project Match-up myself.

D

Deleted member

It may not stand for anything but we all know what the "M" refers to...

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
As you said, many licensed superhero/film based video games were terrible, and were mainly cash grabs.

I can't think of many successful examples. The only ones I know of that had good reception were Spiderman 2 and the Rocksteady Batman series.
Not all of them are bad, but the Rocksteady Batman games aren't based on the movies they're based on the comics so they have that advantage. Superman Returns on the 360 was actually not bad at all. I was hoping a game like that would be released with Man of Steel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom