• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Link's Bizarre Adventures a.k.a Chiseled Link :

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Actually, looking back at it, Sonic Wii U could be our Sonic '06.
And the game that's very different in tone and art could be Sonic 3DS, as it does have somewhat of a Metroidvania concept to it, something the other Sonic games have not done yet (apart from Tails' Adventure).

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
The Game Grumps are doing it again : Sonic '06 2.0 aka Sonic Boom :

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Actually, looking back at it, Sonic Wii U could be our Sonic '06.
And the game that's very different in tone and art could be Sonic 3DS, as it does have somewhat of a Metroidvania concept to it, something the other Sonic games have not done yet (apart from Tails' Adventure).
No, not even. Rise of Lyric is bad, but not 06 bad. The gameplay itself dos function well when it's not glitching out and the story alone saves it from 06 status and puts it above Shadow the Hedgehog. (Speaking of which, he's such a ****ing tool in these games. Terribly written. Not even slightly enjoyable like he is in the main series where he was once one of my top favorites.)

And Shattered Crystal is an okay game. Not great, but terrible, but just okay. It does function well enough is it still plays pretty much like a Sonic game with a slower and more controlled boost. I can easily enjoy it. It just needed to do more things with it's levels and bosses instead of being so samey everywhere until the final boss which is still lackluster anyway.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Mario Kart 8 DLC tomorrow.
Project M 3.5 the day after that.
Smash 4 next Friday.

This is a good time to live.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
No, not even. Rise of Lyric is bad, but not 06 bad. The gameplay itself dos function well when it's not glitching out and the story alone saves it from 06 status and puts it above Shadow the Hedgehog. (Speaking of which, he's such a ****ing tool in these games. Terribly written. Not even slightly enjoyable like he is in the main series where he was once one of my top favorites.)

And Shattered Crystal is an okay game. Not great, but terrible, but just okay. It does function well enough is it still plays pretty much like a Sonic game with a slower and more controlled boost. I can easily enjoy it. It just needed to do more things with it's levels and bosses instead of being so samey everywhere until the final boss which is still lackluster anyway.
Still, I can't wait to see just how well we can break it.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Creepy when they meet themselves but with their eyes closed.
And sorry for laughing, but I almost died at the 'Finally! I'm tired going around in circles.'
You and me both, man. XD

But I think the line in this whole game that sums it up is either when Sonic and Tails get back from the past and Knux goes "...I'm O confused..." or at one point when they're still in the temple and he's basically like "How long have we been doing this? for We're STILL not done yet?"

Or maybe I'll just let 06 Sonic say it for him.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

...I'm just gonna copypasta what I said at Sonic Stadium. Ahem...

...Okay, no. That's it. I give up. I'm done.

I've been willing to defend this game for the potential fun it has when it functions correctly, but THIS? This is where I draw the line.

I'm sorry, but that's just...terrible.

At the very least, rather than being the second coming of 06, this game is the second coming of Shadow the Hedgehog. Sort of akin to this little chart right here from earlier in the thread.

Seriously though, just...ugh. At least Shattered Crystal functions properly, though it doesn't do very much aside from that in actuality. Plus...you all saw the 100% vid. I get that they're doing The Robot and it calls back to the scene with Sonic and Shadow, but for that to be the final reward? Meh.

I really wanted to love the Boom games, but all of this stuff and everyone's negativity have just killed any possibility of me doing so. At least the show is good and the comic has promise, though.
People seeing the game flop was something practically everyone saw coming, even from dedicated Sonic fans that tend to be "tricked" by the Sonic Cycle effect. For me I knew something was up when E3 rolled around and I noticed that the quality dropped between that and the first reveal.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
.....did they really make Knuckles THAT dumb? I mean, holy jeez.
Well I mean, he is the strong man of the group.
And as we all know, strong people in fiction are idiots.
(I mean, sure we have people like Superman or Beast, but let's ignore that for a sec.)

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Guys, you know that Sonic '06 killed the franchise right ? Ironicly, Sonic dies in this game too.

And in the intro of Sonic Boom, Sonic is getting destroyed right in the begining. Everything links perfectly.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Guys, you know that Sonic '06 killed the franchise right ? Ironicly, Sonic dies in this game too.

And in the intro of Sonic Boom, Sonic is getting destroyed right in the begining. Everything links perfectly.
All we need is Time Travel.
OHWAIT

Strofirko

Smash Master
The story is pointless.
Knuckles is stupid.
Shadow is irrelevant.
Metal sonic is scrappable.
The way the game introduce the new characters is very bad.
The main villain has stupid plans of a robotic world.
And we have time travel that makes no sense at all...

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
People seeing the game flop was something practically everyone saw coming, even from dedicated Sonic fans that tend to be "tricked" by the Sonic Cycle effect. For me I knew something was up when E3 rolled around and I noticed that the quality dropped between that and the first reveal.
Well you know what? I was stupidly optimistic and now I'm paying for it. I wanna say "Lost World was bad enough", but at least they patched the glitches in that game. Hell, I see now that Lost World isn't nearly as bad as I made it out to be in comparison to Sonic Boom. It often takes something worse to make you see how good something else is. I'm 100% willing to give Lost World Wii U a full chance now.

****ing hell. I haven't been this pissed off at a Sonic game since Secret Rings.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Well you know what? I was stupidly optimistic and now I'm paying for it. I wanna say "Lost World was bad enough", but at least they patched the glitches in that game. Hell, I see now that Lost World isn't nearly as bad as I made it out to be in comparison to Sonic Boom. It often takes something worse to make you see how good something else is. I'm 100% willing to give Lost World Wii U a full chance now.

****ing hell. I haven't been this pissed off at a Sonic game since Secret Rings.
We are talking about a game that is adapted from a show that took a video game franchise to exist. I'm sorry, but it was predictable that this was going to be a piece of crap. It's like a game from a movie, it's pratically always baaaaaaaad. This Sonic, while still being original, had no f*cking way to be good.

Sonic Lost Worlds was okay. It was still enjoyable in some way, this game however, does not. Why ? Comes from a show, just for money, don't care, 'kay thx bye.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The story is pointless.
Knuckles is stupid.
Shadow is irrelevant.
Metal sonic is scrappable.
The way the game introduce the new characters is very bad.
The main villain has stupid plans of a robotic world.
And we have time travel that makes no sense at all...
When I saw Metal in Boom I was like "OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD"
Because it's been HOW LONG since Metal was in an actual Sonic Game as a main antagonist? (Aside from the hell that was Sonic 4)
Heroes?
I was EXTATIC to see what they could do with such a badass like Metal.
...And they made him basically useless.
;(

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wow sonic boom is doing really bad...I had hopes for this to. Anyway when does the hyrule warriors twilight princess dlc release?

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
I dunno, to me it looked pretty bad from the first trailer (these plastic-fantastic models ware so ugly, plus they already ware spreading themselves too thin gameplay wise). Hell, people started to go "uh-oh" as soon as we saw how Knucks and Sonic looked like. I guess it took longer for others to lose hope, but eventually, everyone saw this ship sinking loooong in advance.

Well, everyone except CliffJumper that is :awesome:

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I just realized an OTHER thing about Sonic '06 and Sonic Boom.
Sonic '06 was supposed to be a reboot of the Sonic saga. It was the biggest insult in the world.

Now look at Sonic Boom. This crap took the name of one the most popular song of the Sonic community, and destroyed it.
It's a cycle of failures ! A cycle where Sega creates and destroys his own franchises !

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
This will take your minds off of Sonic '14.

^ Can someone else think of a caption, I'm at a loss.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW

...I'm just gonna copypasta what I said at Sonic Stadium. Ahem...

...Okay, no. That's it. I give up. I'm done.

I've been willing to defend this game for the potential fun it has when it functions correctly, but THIS? This is where I draw the line.

I'm sorry, but that's just...terrible.

At the very least, rather than being the second coming of 06, this game is the second coming of Shadow the Hedgehog. Sort of akin to this little chart right here from earlier in the thread.

Seriously though, just...ugh. At least Shattered Crystal functions properly, though it doesn't do very much aside from that in actuality. Plus...you all saw the 100% vid. I get that they're doing The Robot and it calls back to the scene with Sonic and Shadow, but for that to be the final reward? Meh.

I really wanted to love the Boom games, but all of this stuff and everyone's negativity have just killed any possibility of me doing so. At least the show is good and the comic has promise, though.
I'm glad you posted this; I was thinking of getting Sonic Boom but I think I'll probably just rent it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom