• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
How many amiibos is everyone planning on getting?
At least three.

My biggest Amiibo priority is Link so I can get the spinner in Hyrule Warriors, but I hope I get one the exact time I get the game, because I'm traveling out of state for thanksgiving, and the plane leaves the day after the game releases.

When wave 3 comes out, im gettin Sonic.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I was going to use this as an opportunity to get figurines of characters that are hard to get, so while :4mario:and:4pikachu: are my favorite characters, I already have stuff of them and it's not hard to get anything of them anyway. However, characters like :4falcon:and:4sheik:are very, very, very hard to come by and I figure it's the perfect oppurtunity to get something of them. However, they don't come out until later in the waves anyway so I might end up just getting Mario and/or Pikachu anyway.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
@ Frostwraith Frostwraith what do you use to resize gifs? Because when I use a random site to resize the image always expires in my sig
I also plan on getting two amiibos, Link and Pit.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
The introduction of amiibos makes me wish Star Fox or F-Zero had at least 1 wave of action figures with their respective machines.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Let other people try it.
Others are sharing the news too. It's not just me doing it. As long as someone shares the news, does it really matter who does? A lot of people only care to know the news ASAP. And as long as the relevant sources are quoted it's all good.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I plan on getting every Amiibo eventually, but it'll definitely take a while.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
There are a lot I really want, but Falcon and Sheik are the only for sure ones I'm getting. I guess it'll depend on the price. I also want to get one I actually use... so maybe that'll be the Mario or Pikachu one.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

Viridi's fangirling over Link is going to an extreme...

This may also blow your mind.
Well there goes my eyes for the day. I knew the codecs would inspire stuff, but I didn't want that to happen. I'm still sad that Pit didn't know who Zamus was at first either.
Sigh, at least I have the "I love pillows" idea down.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
@ Space Stranger Space Stranger
How do you feel about Pixar announcing a Toy Story 4? I for one have mixed feelings (John Lasseter is directing it :V).
Same, I was kind of shocked by the news of another Toy Story considering how Toy Story 3 ended. On one hand, I want to have faith in Lasseter ever since he controlled Disney's animation division and their recent films are a major improvement from the films from the 2000s. On the other hand, he also directed Cars 2 which turned out to Pixar's weakest film to date.

If your interested to talk more, I recently made a Disney Film Discussion thread in the Media Metropolis sub-forum.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Are they robots? Because that's what it looks like.
They're doing The Robot. That's the entire point. It also calls back to one of the previous scenes.

Guh, people.

Not defending the thing, but the fact that this is the main thing people keep saying really irritates me due to their ignorance.

Why do people keep on using purple and other hard to read colours of post text on this dark grey forum?
Are they trying to make their posts harder to read on purpose? This ****s me to no end.
Purple? Hard to read? On THIS forum?

Get some glasses, dude.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@ Frostwraith Frostwraith what do you use to resize gifs? Because when I use a random site to resize the image always expires in my sig
I also plan on getting two amiibos, Link and Pit.
To resize gifs? No idea. Anyway, I use imgur to upload images.

Well there goes my eyes for the day. I knew the codecs would inspire stuff, but I didn't want that to happen. I'm still sad that Pit didn't know who Zamus was at first either.
Sigh, at least I have the "I love pillows" idea down.
What upsets you in that fan-made comic?

I think it's funny. lol

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
This might sound strange. But it seems like reasonable torture. Any mortal foolish enough to buy the game kind of knew the consequences. You could tell it was hot garbage just by looking at it.
Speak for yourselves. It's fun for me.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Same, I was kind of shocked by the news of another Toy Story considering how Toy Story 3 ended. On one hand, I want to have faith in Lasseter ever since he controlled Disney's animation division and their recent films are a major improvement from the films from the 2000s. On the other hand, he also directed Cars 2 which turned out to Pixar's weakest film to date.

If your interested to talk more, I recently made a Disney Film Discussion thread in the Media Metropolis sub-forum.
Mmm maybe I'll check out said forum, this is an interesting topic after all. But yea Cars 2 was terrible, John has alot riding on him now.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Sweet Jesus, I keep making people rage quit on FG mode with Dr.Mario. They can't support this character apparently. Seriously, one guy who was playing Greninja with lag was defeated by my Dr.Mario. After I've won, I waited to see if he was going to quit. He was on the result screen for one minute, like if he was crying or raging behing his 3DS. After one minute, he just quits. He ran away from Dr.Mario like a coward.

Meanwhile, I was like this :

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Sweet Jesus, I keep making people rage quit on FG mode with Dr.Mario. They can't support this character apparently. Seriously, one guy who was playing Greninja with lag was defeated by my Dr.Mario. After I've won, I waited to see if he was going to quit. He was on the result screen for one minute, like if he was crying or raging behing his 3DS. After one minute, he just quits. He ran away from Dr.Mario like a coward.

Meanwhile, I was like this :
I once KO'd some guy's :4marth: with :4luigi:. Once he respawned, he proceeded to fall off the ledge. The same guy does this for the next round before he disconnects. Victory?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
To resize gifs? No idea. Anyway, I use imgur to upload images.

What upsets you in that fan-made comic?

I think it's funny. lol
I don't think Pit's getting much love as usual.

"This job is really the worst sometimes." :(

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I once KO'd some guy's :4marth: with :4luigi:. Once he respawned, he proceeded to fall off the ledge. The same guy does this for the next round before he disconnects. Victory?
They do this to me to ! I K.O them once and they just suicide. And generally, they are using "High Tier" characters, even though there's no clear tiers yet (at least in my knowledge).

But seriously, the FG mode is filled with people that are very arogant. If they are getting KOed, you've just KOed their "pride". It's funny to beat them, especially with troll characters like :4luigi: or apparently :4drmario: or even :4jigglypuff:.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So you can pre-load Smash U now.
AKA You can buy/download Smash U from the eShop RIGHT NOW.
So you can play it the second it comes out.
PRE-ORDERS JUST GOT ALOT MORE AWESOME.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
They do this to me to ! I K.O them once and they just suicide. And generally, they are using "High Tier" characters, even though there's no clear tiers yet (at least in my knowledge).

But seriously, the FG mode is filled with people that are very arogant. If they are getting KOed, you've just KOed their "pride". It's funny to beat them, especially with troll characters like :4luigi: or apparently :4drmario: or even :4jigglypuff:.
In FG, :4falcon: and :4wario2: are my go to troll characters. :4falcon:'s arrogance and flashy moves makes him fun to use against :4littlemac:. With :4wario2:, I tend to surprise rollers with my "fart of gold".

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

For those who don't get it. Zero.
Ah. Good old 999. Damn you, Nintendo of Europe for never localizing this game.

So you can pre-load Smash U now.
AKA You can buy/download Smash U from the eShop RIGHT NOW.
So you can play it the second it comes out.
PRE-ORDERS JUST GOT ALOT MORE AWESOME.
And why would I want the game digitally instead of buying it so I can smell the scent of a freshly bought game? :awesome:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Ah. Good old 999. Damn you, Nintendo of Europe for never localizing this game.

And why would I want the game digitally instead of buying it so I can smell the scent of a freshly bought game? :awesome:
You can just throw perfume all over your SD Card :b:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
In FG, :4falcon: and :4wario2: are my go to troll characters. :4falcon:'s arrogance and flashy moves makes him fun to use against :4littlemac:. With :4wario2:, I tend to surprise rollers with my "fart of gold".
:4wario2:'s super armor fart is the best.
Meanwhile, I'm looking at dumb gifs and found this :

Classic.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I'm probably not going to get any Amiibo (since Online is my friend, Brawl Lag or Not) unless I have $13 I can waste on a :4kirby: Amiibo or somethin'. :4metaknight:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Though I still think the greatest Kid Icarus character was the sun.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

...I'm just gonna copypasta what I said at Sonic Stadium. Ahem...

...Okay, no. That's it. I give up. I'm done.

I've been willing to defend this game for the potential fun it has when it functions correctly, but THIS? This is where I draw the line.

I'm sorry, but that's just...terrible.

At the very least, rather than being the second coming of 06, this game is the second coming of Shadow the Hedgehog. Sort of akin to this little chart right here from earlier in the thread.

Seriously though, just...ugh. At least Shattered Crystal functions properly, though it doesn't do very much aside from that in actuality. Plus...you all saw the 100% vid. I get that they're doing The Robot and it calls back to the scene with Sonic and Shadow, but for that to be the final reward? Meh.

I really wanted to love the Boom games, but all of this stuff and everyone's negativity have just killed any possibility of me doing so. At least the show is good and the comic has promise, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom