• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I heard that from another Greninja player in the social thread.

FNAF is interesting, but I can't play those games for the life of me. 2spooky4me
At least nothing will ever be as bad as the suggestions people put in the patch thread, such as one person wanting lucario stripped of aura buffs with no compensation. That my friends is how you flat out destroy a character! *and make them the weakest thing smash would ever see*

D

Deleted member

I can't see how people are just THAT scared at FNAF.
Sure, it's definitely scary, but I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be.
Then again I am a huge horror junkie so take that for what you will.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I rarely find games scary but Amnesia and White Day managed to scare me, especially the latter. I have yet to play FNAF, but I've seen a bit of a LP and it did seem pretty intense and scary. Doesn't look like the scariest game in the world though, but I definitely see the appeal.

also so awesome that this game is programmed in the same exact program I'm using to make games. MMF2 representin'!

Last edited:

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
I can't see how people are just THAT scared at FNAF.
Sure, it's definitely scary, but I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be.
Then again I am a huge horror junkie so take that for what you will.
I'm pretty sure it's the stress and the knowledge that you can prevent the jumps cares is what makes FNAF's so... What's the word...? I dunno. Scary, I guess.

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure it's the stress and the knowledge that you can prevent the jumps cares is what makes FNAF's so... What's the word...? I dunno. Scary, I guess.
I think that plays a part, but to me, a lot of what seems to be the scare factor in FNAF is the atmosphere and pure feeling of isolation. You're alone in the building with animatronics that want to kill you, and you have absolutely nowhere to run and limited resources to defend yourself with.
Oh and the jumpscares and the animatronics themselves being so far into the uncanny valley probably helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Smashboards, come to my rescue! I need a game to fill in the next few weeks until Smash comes out in Australia (29th). Here are my options:

Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 1 & 2 combo
Lego City Undercover
Sonic Lost World
Dues Ex: Human Revolution (cheappppp as!)
The Wonderful 101
ZombiU

I'm usually a first day purchaser for games, but first year living out of home = having to skip a few games. I can get Dues Ex and ZombiU because they're both really cheap. I'm most interested in Wonderful 101, Hyrule Warriors and Sonic Lost World. I kinda want something that doesn't take weeks to complete, just something to fill in about 10 days.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Smashboards, come to my rescue! I need a game to fill in the next few weeks until Smash comes out in Australia (29th). Here are my options:

Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 1 & 2 combo
Lego City Undercover
Sonic Lost World
The Wonderful 101
ZombiU

I'm usually a first day purchaser for games, but first year living out of home = having to skip a few games. I can get Dues Ex and ZombiU because they're both really cheap. I'm most interested in Wonderful 101, Hyrule Warriors and Sonic Lost World. I kinda want something that doesn't take weeks to complete, just something to fill in about 10 days.
Go for Bayonetta.

D

Deleted member

Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 1 & 2 combo
Lego City Undercover
Sonic Lost World
The Wonderful 101
ZombiU

Deus Ex and Hyrule Warriors I would say. If you want my own reccomendations, The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is a good pickup, only 15 bucks, and is on Steam and (if you have either) PS4 and Vita, with a 3DS version coming probably sometime soon. Don't Starve is also great, cheap, and is on the same platforms a Isaac, sans the Vita.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

Maybe should've been called Kirby's Adventure Medley, but it's such good music, so I don't really care.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 1 & 2 combo
Lego City Undercover
Sonic Lost World
The Wonderful 101
ZombiU

I say out of those Options, Bayonetta or Dues Ex. I think they're probably the best out of those games. And they'll keep you occupied if you're looking for secrets and upgrades. But aren't unreasonably long if you want to blaze through.

I personally think that these don't look too bad... actually, I really like them!

Also, this looks sick. Might buy it for the ****s and giggles XD
Little Mac lost his cool guy tan. But so far, those two look better than the ones we've seen so far, hopefully that'll still be the case. I need to see a close up of Mega Man's, his didn't look to bad either.

EDIT: Double post. My bad.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Little Mac lost his cool guy tan. But so far, those two look better than the ones we've seen so far, hopefully that'll still be the case. I need to see a close up of Mega Man's, his didn't look to bad either.
Yeah I noticed that about mac too :ohwell:

Also....a close up of Megaman? Coming right up! :)

I personally think he looks great XD
Those eyes look slightly... different? I dunno :p

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah I noticed that about mac too :ohwell:

Also....a close up of Megaman? Coming right up!

I personally think he looks great XD
Those eyes look slightly... different? I dunno :p
Yeah, his came out looking right. They eyes and mouth do look different, but it's not terrible. Like I said before, if there's any I'm getting, it'll likely be Mega Man, Pac-Man, Mario and maybe, just maybe Ganon.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Crashboards... >_>

@ FalKoopa FalKoopa

Nice avatar. From one of my favorites.
I just started watching the anime, after completing the Visual Novel (some chapters twice). Personally, I think the VN is far superior; they cut quite a lot of extra bits to fit it into the episodic format.

Though it kills the suspense/mystery because I know beforehand what's going to happen AND in more detail.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
CRASH BOARDS HOW COULD YOU?!
YOU RUINED EVERYTHING!
*ahem*
So how's everyone doing right now?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
damn the anime may be getting good:

looks like luxio evolves, ash gets a goomy and evolves it to goodra, serena gets braixen and possiblely has another pokemon like treecko with her, hence her being blocked out, and froakie evolves.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
CRASH BOARDS HOW COULD YOU?!
YOU RUINED EVERYTHING!
*ahem*
So how's everyone doing right now?
I'm good.
I'm starting playing Robin a little. Her gameplay is fun, and she actually got pretty big K.O abilities. Maybe if she was faster that would have been better, but it's good enough.

Oh yeah, by the way, here's a little spoiler for you all about FNaF2 :
It's a prequel. This is why the phone guy is alive and there's no mention of Mike. During Night 6, Phone guy informs you that someone stoled a Golden Freddy Fazbear Suit and the building needs to be closed downed. There's only one birthday left before the company closes, and you'll be put in day shift just for this day. After you've defeated Night 6, you got your pay, and the date indicates that you got it in 1987.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I'm good.
I'm starting playing Robin a little. Her gameplay is fun, and she actually got pretty big K.O abilities. Maybe if she was faster that would have been better, but it's good enough.

Oh yeah, by the way, here's a little spoiler for you all about FNaF2 :
It's a prequel. This is why the phone guy is alive and there's no mention of Mike. During Night 6, Phone guy informs you that someone stoled a Golden Freddy Fazbear Suit and the building needs to be closed downed. There's only one birthday left before the company closes, and you'll be put in day shift just for this day. After you've defeated Night 6, you got your pay, and the date indicates that you got it in 1987.
Yeah, Robin is fun. I just love the feeling of hitting someone with her down smash. It took me a while to figure out that it shot sparks though.
damn the anime may be getting good:

looks like luxio evolves, ash gets a goomy and evolves it to goodra, serena gets braixen and possiblely has another pokemon like treecko with her, hence her being blocked out, and froakie evolves.
Luxio? There's no Luxio there.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Great! Smashboards is back online. Now I have something to look forward to.
So what's up, guys? Anything new?
Well, I had a bad night last night. Never again will I drink all of my dad's Diet Coke, then run down to the city for a couple of blueberry muffins, a box of crackers, and the latest issue of National Geographic

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Well, I had a bad night last night. Never again will I drink all of my dad's Diet Coke, then run down to the city for a couple of blueberry muffins, a box of crackers, and the latest issue of National Geographic
I can't even imagine what that must of been like. Sounds like you probably had a long night. I hope you get everything sorted out.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Not a big surprise Froakie evolves. (One of) Ash' starters evolved in previous regions as well. In fact, I think Ash will get a Greninja.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I don't think Sakurai had any idea Ash would get a Greninja when he finished the roster. Heck, the creators of the anime probably didn't even know.
He choose the roster by himself. Even the Pokemon Company can't choose the Pokemons they want to represent in Smash.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I don't think Sakurai had any idea Ash would get a Greninja when he finished the roster. Heck, the creators of the anime probably didn't even know.
I dunno, it is entirely possible that Ash could get a Greninja in the Anime, otherwise Greninja is the big lipped alligator moment of Super Smash Bros

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I dunno, it is entirely possible that Ash could get a Greninja in the Anime, otherwise Greninja is the big lipped alligator moment of Super Smash Bros
Nah, Greninja represent very well the Gen 6 by far with Mega Evolutions and other Pokemons like Goodra or Aegislash. Plus, he was the most original of them all in terms of moveset for Sakurai.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I think people are missing the point that Grenjnja is a frog ninja, which is cool. Oh yeah, and Strider. Even to the point of sharing the same Japanese VA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom