• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
You really need to play Galaxy 1/2, they are probably the best games that Nintendo have ever made.
I somehow doubt that considerably.

Particularly with the likes of The Legend of Zelda.

Not really in my tastes much anyway, since I miss games like Banjo, Mario 64, Sunshine, etc. More free-roaming than "run from point A to B." Granted, 3D World was that, but for Mario's first outing in HD, it was a rather good game.

Soul.

yeah, and I really didn't mind the concept of the game, it's just the technical stuff, glitches, constant frame rate drops, just an awkward game, it does not feel good at all.
Lmao, frame drops? Glitches? I guess we got the true sequel of Sonic '06. :troll:

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Personally, I'd go for the bundle with all of the games.

Though I already have a Wii U, and all of those games (minus Smash, obviously), and I have no interest in the adapter.

3D World was actually really great, my second favorite 3D Mario right behind Sunshine (mind, I haven't played either Galaxy), and Tropical Freeze has secured a spot as my third favorite DKC game, behind DKC2 and 3, and above the first one even.

Nintendoland was decent, but that comes bundled with a Wii U anyway. It depends on if you wanted those games anyway.
Yeah, I never planned on getting Mario 3D World or Tropical Freeze. I figured I would spend most of my time on Smash. I never had a DK game, and the only Mario game I've beaten is Yoshi's Island on GBA. The adapter would help with multiplayer as I already have some GC controllers, and I would just like a new Smash GC controller as well. If I got the Smash Bundle, that would mean Wii U Gamepad, a 3DS, a couple Wiimotes with nunchucks, and 4 GC controllers...I would be able to do 8 player Smash if I wanted as opposed to just 4. Then again, if I got the Black Friday deal, I get two extra games I never planned on getting...so hard to decide.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I somehow doubt that considerably.

Particularly with the likes of The Legend of Zelda.

Not really in my tastes much anyway, since I miss games like Banjo, Mario 64, Sunshine, etc. More free-roaming than "run from point A to B." Granted, 3D World was that, but for Mario's first outing in HD, it was a rather good game.
SMG1 and 2 are two of the highest rated games of all time. They rank 6th and 7th on Metacritic. Sure Ocarina of Time is still the highest rated game, but the Galaxy games still come pretty close and are rated higher than the other Zelda games,

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
So, the regarding the new update that's going to be coming soon.

Greninja is alleged to be unable to cancel Dair landing lag or airdodge landing lag with any form of Side-B.

If that's true...

I hope Greninja doesn't get messed up too badly. :/ I'll still main him anyway, but ughhhh.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
SMG1 and 2 are two of the highest rated games of all time. They rank 6th and 7th on Metacritic. Sure Ocarina of Time is still the highest rated game, but the Galaxy games still come pretty close and are rated higher than the other Zelda games,
Ratings. Ocarina of Time is the highest rated game, yet Majora's Mask is far superior. That's what I call an opinion.

Like I said, not my cup of tea. From what I've seen, it's just the typical 2D Mario in a 3D environment, but with a gravity gimmick strapped on. Great for some, but not for me. Hell, most people hate Sunshine, but it's my second favorite Mario game of all.

Ratings are always a load of crap anyway.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Greninja is alleged to be unable to cancel Dair landing lag or airdodge landing lag with any form of Side-B.

If that's true...

I hope Greninja doesn't get messed up too badly. :/ I'll still main him anyway, but ughhhh.
Silly, ellusiveTranscendent, Greninja is OP like Zelda. Trust in Sakurai. Believe in Sakurai. HAND OVER YOUR SOUL TO SAKURAI. ALL HAIL SAKURAI.

Y'know what's scary? There's probably a Sakurai cult somewhere sacrificing Roy, Zelda, Wolf, Snake, The Ice Climbers, Ridley, K. Rool, and whoever else to appease him.

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
Silly, ellusiveTranscendent, Greninja is OP like Zelda. Trust in Sakurai. Believe in Sakurai. HAND OVER YOUR SOUL TO SAKURAI. ALL HAIL SAKURAI.

Y'know what's scary? There's probably a Sakurai cult somewhere sacrificing Roy, Zelda, Wolf, Snake, The Ice Climbers, Ridley,
K. Rool, and whoever else to appease him.
*Distressed noises*

Anyway, holy wow it's 1AM. When did that happen? I should sleep.
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooood night.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
I think 3D World was the WORST of the Mario 3D games. It was literally start level, reach end in a linear path, rinse, repeat. Okay, maybe not that mundane, but it was just so linear. It was literally like taking New Super Mario Bros and putting it into a 3D setting. My fav Mario games are Mario 4 and Sunshine, because they felt like open-ended worlds where you could explore and do things in a 3D space, whereas in 3D World 3D movement is horribly limited. Galaxy 1 and 2, while not as good as 64 and Sunshine, were even much more open-ended than 3D world, and had a much better soundtrack and atmosphere.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I think 3D World was the WORST of the Mario 3D games. It was literally start level, reach end in a linear path, rinse, repeat. Okay, maybe not that mundane, but it was just so linear. It was literally like taking New Super Mario Bros and putting it into a 3D setting. My fav Mario games are Mario 4 and Sunshine, because they felt like open-ended worlds where you could explore and do things in a 3D space, whereas in 3D World 3D movement is horribly limited. Galaxy 1 and 2, while not as good as 64 and Sunshine, were even much more open-ended than 3D world, and had a much better soundtrack and atmosphere.
In regards to the 3D Mario titles, Sunshine is my favorite, followed by 3D World and then 64.

Yes, 3D World was linear, which I dislike, but each level was pretty creative, and the game certainly had challenge towards the end. As for 64, despite having played it when I was younger, and being amazed at seeing Mario in 3D for the first time, I'm not nostalgia blind for the game. Even back then, I remember eventually getting bored with the game because of how bland it was. When comparing 64 to 3D World, despite liking the gameplay of 64 more, 3D World is an excellent example of design trumping functionality. The game never once felt stale or boring, even in similar looking levels, there was always something new.

Sunshine is a blend of the two, I love the gameplay, and though it has a repeating tropical island theme, each area has it's own bit of charm, and the level designs themselves are top notch. It all adds together to form a pleasing experience for me.

I'd argue the soundtrack bit as well, though Galaxy has some amazing orchestral themes, 3D World has jazz. Instant trump.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
In regards to the 3D Mario titles, Sunshine is my favorite, followed by 3D World and then 64.

Yes, 3D World was linear, which I dislike, but each level was pretty creative, and the game certainly had challenge towards the end. As for 64, despite having played it when I was younger, and being amazed at seeing Mario in 3D for the first time, I'm not nostalgia blind for the game. Even back then, I remember eventually getting bored with the game because of how bland it was. When comparing 64 to 3D World, despite liking the gameplay of 64 more, 3D World is an excellent example of design trumping functionality. The game never once felt stale or boring, even in similar looking levels, there was always something new.

Sunshine is a blend of the two, I love the gameplay, and though it has a repeating tropical island theme, each area has it's own bit of charm, and the level designs themselves are top notch. It all adds together to form a pleasing experience for me.

I'd argue the soundtrack bit as well, though Galaxy has some amazing orchestral themes, 3D World has jazz. Instant trump.
I don't understand why so many people consider Sunchine to be the blacksheep of the series. It's such a good game.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You really need to play Galaxy 1/2, they are probably the best games that Nintendo have ever made.
Bleck.

The Galaxy games are hella overrated and boring as ****.

3D World is so much better and more fun.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Bleck.

The Galaxy games are hella overrated and boring as ****.

3D World is so much better and more fun.
You know what else is overrated? Every game in existence. Ya wanna know what's underrated? Every game in existence.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
You know what else is overrated? Every game in existence. Ya wanna know what's underrated? Every game in existence.
Wanna know what else is overrated? Overrating things.

D

Deleted member

I've been wondering for a while if music for stages is going to be client-side.
Because I know the first thing I'm doing is going to the My Music for Mario Galaxy and cranking The Grand Finale all the way to max, and if I have to play online on that stage without my ballin' ass Bowser's Inside Story final boss music, I'm kidnapping someones newborn and holding it hostage until Nintendo does something about it.
Wanna know what else is overrated? Underrating things.
Wanna know what's underrated? Overrating things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Your point is unhelpful and irrelevant so I'm going to completely ignore it and stand by what I said. ¦D

Please, an underrated Mario game? That'll be the day. Even with Sunshine being underrated by 3D Mario standards, it still automatically stands as tall as skyscrapers above literally everything else for the sole reason of it being a Mario game.

Hell, Sonic Boom could've been Mario Boom and people still would eat it up with no problem solely because it's Mario.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

If that's true...

If that's true...

Wait... where did you read this?
I must see Falcon and Mac changes.

Last edited:

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
See I would argue that being linear has lead to tighter level design. Sure in Mario 64 you can explore to your hearts content but in the end it just feels like you have to retread the same areas over andover again to get all the stars. The same with Sunshine. Yeah there is more freedom but it feels like pointless busy work. There is always stuff happening in the Galaxy and 3d games and I think that the games are better of for it.

IMO: Galaxy 2> Galaxy> 3D World> 64> 3d Land> Sunshine.
(And yes I do see the irony in me putting Sunshine last when Splatoon look's almost like a spiritual sequel to it).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Hell, Sonic Boom could've been Mario Boom and people still would eat it up with no problem solely because it's Mario.
At least it wouldn't have those game breaking glitches. :p Or it could be the long awaited sequel to Hotel Mario. :troll:

I also got my hands on Five Nights at Freddy's. Wish me luck, people.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I think the only 3D Mario platformer I still have to this day is 64. Tbh I'v gotten pretty bored of Marios games not named Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario, or Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door. Even the Mario & Luigi games have lost their charm for me.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
At least it wouldn't have those game breaking glitches. :p Or it could be the long awaited sequel to Hotel Mario. :troll:
You mean the ones that Cobi and the two dip****s who got the game first pretty much got into on their own faults through sheer stupidity and then extremely exaggerated over while everyone in the comments proceeded to be as dumb as Sonic fans always tend to be? Bleck, whatever.

There's probably only one glitch right now that I'd say was pretty darn terrible and that's when Cobanermani ended up fazing through a background wall as Tails. Yeah...that was just bad. Other than that, though, I still feel everyone is being absolutely stupid over these games.

But eh, if I have to like them alone (in the context of this forum), then I will.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
*sigh* It's been awhile since I wanted to stab someone in the throat for something as insignificant as making a game, but that game brought back that feeling. Ever since watching someone play it, I can't sleep at night for fear of having a nightmare about it and it's been messing me over for a few months now. I absolutely hate nightmares. Jumpscares really linger in my head a lot and they tend to pop back up in my head at absolutely any random time. I wish someone had told me before hand that the ****ty game would have them.

Good luck, Fal.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I feel the more feel the different level designs and the way one must progress through them between the Galaxy games and the SM64 and Sunshine were all good in their own ways, they all had fantastic gameplay IMO, and fun and creative levels in all of them. In term of the two Galaxy games though it's hard for me to decide which one I prefer. I absolutely love the levels in both so I kind of wish I could just have a game that had all of them in one :laugh:.

I felt that 2 had more fun and variety in it's gameplay, though that's not to say Galaxy wasn't a really fun experience for me, it became a quick favorite of mine as many other Mario games did.

On another note, I thought Super Mario Galaxy's storyline was amazing, by the way, particularly the backstory of Rosalina and the Lumas. It's not like people play Mario games for the story, but that's just it. The story of Rosalina and the Lumas is pretty deep, it's not something you'd expect to see in a Mario game. The part of the game just really stands out IMO.

2's storyline was nothing special though. I didn't think it was "bad" per say, it's just that it wasn't very different from the typical ole' Mario set up with Bowser kidnapping Peach and not much else going on that time. Sure there was the lost baby Luma in the beginning and the "mystery" person sending letters and support to the Luma and Mario, but it was pretty obvious that it was Rosalina who was doing all that.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Your point is unhelpful and irrelevant so I'm going to completely ignore it and stand by what I said. ¦D

Please, an underrated Mario game? That'll be the day. Even with Sunshine being underrated by 3D Mario standards, it still automatically stands as tall as skyscrapers above literally everything else for the sole reason of it being a Mario game.

See, this is where we tread over to a very biased opinion. There are underrated and overrated games no matter what franchise they come from solely for the fact that opinions exist.

Mario is Missing!? The overseas version of Super Mario Bros. 2? There are people who abhor those games and there are people who sing eulogies to them. Paper Mario: Sticker Star is considered to be the weakest Paper Mario game followed by Super Paper Mario. Some would argue that it's a good game and that Super Paper Mario's plot warrants enough merit to call it the best Paper Mario game. Others would say they're (overall) trash and that Paper Mario shouldn't exist, but Super Mario RPG should continue despite legal issues.

Mario Strikers is considered a great football/soccer game, but it's not really well-known. Same with the baseball games. Or the different Mario Party games and that Dance Dance Revolution game.

The opposite is with Sonic where anything that isn't the early Sonic 2D games is complete and utter trash despite Sonic 4 going back to its roots with some weird physics or Generations being a successful celebration of 2D and 3D Sonic gameplay. Lots of people would agree that '06 was freaking horrible, but there are some that would argue that it's underrated.

The Riders games are fun, but monotonous without friends and then... Kinect happened. Heck, Sonic is considered trash in Brawl and probably in SSB4 solely for the fact it's Sonic (and not classic, chubby, mute Sonic). Other people would say he's underrated, which did lead to him becoming more viable in Brawl. Some argue he's overrated in SSB4 because he lacks killing moves or whatever.

Opinions make the world go round. It also makes the world burn. Same thing with facts. Some people just believe everything's a damned fact while others will look at them and say it's a damned lie. Try arguing with an idiot who believes that vaccinations instantly cause autism when he's freaking 50 years old and that exposure is better. Hey, guess what? There are people with disabled immune systems or just have weaker immune systems. Y'know, try that exposure theory on isolated human groups or places where such diseases, viruses, etc. are uncommon. Have fun going down in history as the man that killed off an entire population.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Chica.png

Ok this is as much as I'm going to do now

It's fan art of Toy Chica

Edit:

Joke_Chica.png

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
On a different note. I got done watching The Purge for the first time not that long ago. It was different. And it really isn't that hard to believe it coming to that eventually.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Good luck Fal. You'll need to most likely be needing a lot of it by the third night if not the second. (until you get the hang of it that is :p)

I'm still fearing for what awaits me in what is merely Night 2 in the sequel...

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Wanna know what else is overrated? Overrating underrated things.
Looks like we've got a case of ratingception over here.

I need to get my hands on The Breakfast Club, Napoleon Dynamite didn't pan out. Turns out he's an oddball but there's actually nothing wrong with him. At least, nothing diagnosable. He's got traits of a bunch of different mental illnesses, but not enough to diagnose......Just like the rest of us.

I'm really feeling the "Dawn of the Final Day" right now, starting essays on the due date is a habit I will be happy to leave behind once I can get this one finished. Guess I should go to bed now so I can make use of the daylight hours while they're around. Being so anxious about writing a paper when you need sleep in order to write said paper sucks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom